Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default Killing VS No killing, Which is the better solution in the real world

We all know in comics, Killing and no killing theme always being brought to the table and frustrating is: The criminals always coming back or be created for heroes for the profits sake, It made heroes battle with crimes essentially was no ending. The killing and no killing concept just a element to create conflicts in stories
    So that makes me wondering. If in our own world really existing superheroes and supervillains, Which method will be the better solution?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

This is a pretty difficult situation in the real world; but when it comes to heroes they should be something to aspire to and a killer, for whatever reason, isn't something most people aspire to be. So I'll go with no killing.

BANNED

in my opinion the Joker deserves the electric chair and to quote what Batman said to the Joker on the dark knight returns:

"all the people I've killed by letting you live".

mass murderers shouldnt be allowd to live in my opinion.

If it were the real world I would say a fair number of the heroes would Kill. Or at least if they didnt kill the state would send the villains to the electric chair for their crimes. There would be no Joker in Arkham.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I suppose it'd depend on the circumstances. Someone like the Joker, yeah put a bullet in that man's head and dump his ass in a unmarked grave.

But for villains and groups that generate more of a following, like the cult of Kobra? We've seen over the last 20 years that killing terrorists just breeds more terrorists. Some villains, the ones with a real agenda that people can sympathize and get behind....they require something that won't make them martyrs.

And if we're talking super humans in the real world, what kind? Because some of those comic villains aren't easy to put down, and some are essentially beyond death.

The success rate of capital punishment deserves consideration too. A lot of countries without a death penalty have lower crime rates than America so I'm not convinced our system works as intended. I'm a supporter of capital punishment but the statistics make me question if it's worth the hassle, especially with the way appeal courts work.

I'm sure if super humans were real, people would end up dead. Best case scenario is something like what we have with police, where they'll take a life if they have to but only as a last resort (it's how cops are *supposed* to work anyway). But I'm willing to bet we'd end up with a lot of accidental killings; some super strong dude would punch just a little too hard, yknow, stuff like that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I mean, sure, you should get rid of the Joker- the character is too profitable to get rid of though.