Default Graphic Novels and Manga Collection at your Local Library

Found these videos for graphic novels and mangas at local libraries. I use mine also (and request books) and it's a great way to read comics for free. I just wish there was more videos on youtube. Anyone's local library have a great comic, manga collection or anime dvd collections? Does anyone help add trades or manga to your library? Anyone care to share a catalog link or post a video of your libraries collection? (please be respectful if you film a video)

Some videos I found on youtube.

One from japan. 90s Gotg , spider-man ghost rider, popeye, superman, mad, peanuts and batman in a japan library!

I'm a librarian, and even though I don't work in a public library, I'm a heavy-duty patron of my public library and its graphic novel selection. It's not the biggest or best-funded public library system, but one cool thing it offers to bolster its physical collection is a subscription to Hoopla, a service that provides digital downloads of e-books (including thousands of comics and graphic novels), audiobooks, music, and movies. If you have a library card (and everyone should get one!), I implore you to see if your library system subscribes to Hoopla, and then to totally take advantage of it. Mine only allows four Hoopla checkouts per month, but bigger, better-funded systems will allow more checkouts and feature larger selections.

Another option is requesting your library system order any books and materials it doesn't have, but you feel like it should have. I've gotten my public library system to order all the volumes of Ed Piskor's Hip Hop Family Tree, Mark Waid's Daredevil run in five oversized hardcovers, and all the Chew "Smorgasbord" hardcover editions. And you can ALSO request interlibrary loans, where your library will get whatever you request from other libraries that participate in the same consortia. They can't get everything, and those requests sometimes take time, but they will often surprise you with what they're able to track down on your behalf, all at no cost to you.

Libraries and graphic novels go together like waffles and syrup. I still buy some books, but I do the vast majority of my reading thanks to my local public library system, Hoopla, and the occasional interlibrary loan requests through my own employer. And since libraries buy these books and track circulation statistics (how often the books are checked out), that means the creators are still getting paid.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

A kid looks at the graphic novels section. (poor jeff smiths bone book got ripped up by some kid)

Another look at kids trades. Wait is that afterlife with archie? It's not for kids!

This guy buys trades for a school library.

Blink and your miss this graphic novel tour.

Another video of that japan manga only library.

Fantastic Member

Nice thread. I actually donate any of my unwanted CE's/graphic novels to my local library - and they will typically put them in circulation (for the most part). As time passes I give away less & less CE's over the years (because most of what I have now I want to keep). However, if I upgrade to a better version and/or just don't want one, I will donate this.

I'm also trying to purge a lot of my old floppies (I hate the floppy "format") by donating them to the library. However, I'm fairly certain the library doesn't put these in circulation. I think they try to sell them - which is fine with me. As long as the library is benefiting from these in some way, I'm happy.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 01-30-2020 at 11:25 AM.

I've just recently started using my local libraries (Glasgow) and it's great as I can request books from all of the other Glasgow branches, and we get access to some external online services too It has really expanded my reading pile!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I'm also trying to purge a lot of my old floppies (I hate the floppy "format") by donating them to the library. However, I'm fairly certain the library doesn't put these in circulation. I think they try to sell them - which is fine with me. As long as the library is benefiting from these in some way, I'm happy.
    I bet they sold them if they are not trades or manga books. They then put that money back into the library.