Amazing Member

Default Anton Chigurh vs. Buster Scruggs

Anton Chigurh (No Country For Old Men) finds himself in an old western saloon, while searching for his latest target. At a nearby table, having a drink, sits Buster Scruggs (The Ballad of Buster Scruggs). Anton approaches Scruggs and asks him where he is, and Buster makes a quick joke about his appearance. Smirking, Anton tosses his coin into the air, and catches it, laying it flat on the table without the results showing. He asks Buster to "call it." Confused, but sensing something is up, and being a gambler, Buster goes ahead and guesses tails...but the coin result is heads. Each man is armed with their signature weapons. Who takes the fight?

Anton is a villain who "won."

Buster, got killed off in his own damn movie and not even at the end.

Figure that crap out.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Wasn't No Country for Old Men basically realistic? Because Buster was a very unrealistically good gunman, from what I recall, and died against someone who happened to be even better than him.

yea buster scruggs can shoot the fingers of the guy he is duelling. and is also very fast.

Anton is good but he is not a super human.

Unless buster heavily underestimates anton he is not losing in a quick draw.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Wasn't No Country for Old Men basically realistic? Because Buster was a very unrealistically good gunman, from what I recall, and died against someone who happened to be even better than him.
    I don't know if Buster even necessarily lost to someone better than him...the guy really just outsmarted Buster. "You want a count?" "Naw..." *BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    I don't know if Buster even necessarily lost to someone better than him...the guy really just outsmarted Buster. "You want a count?" "Naw..." *BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
    He was the "next" best gunfighter, who inevitably comes to replace the old, as well as showing the shift from your Gene Autry, Roy Rodgers style singing cowboy to the later antiheroic gunslingers in the vain of a Clint Eastwood style character.

Anton only succeeded because someone else killed the guy he was gunning for.

Buster shoots him dead. Maybe shoots his fingers off first.