Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Yeah marvel had some people call Cyclops Hitler but they actually had Bishop commit genocidal atrocities that would make Hitler blush. I think we know who got it worst.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Imagine character assassinating someone to the point people call him Hitler. Bishop got maybe 1/3 of that level of assassination, and you still claim they did it because Marvel hates black people.
    calling him Hittler doesn't make him that. You all know this very well.
    It's ok be upset, I would be too. But it is mostly not a big stuff, we all know it isn't true and Scott didn't commited genocide.
    Bishop was completely character assassinated and then threw it away like garbage

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Yeah marvel had some people call Cyclops Hitler but they actually had Bishop commit genocidal atrocities that would make Hitler blush. I think we know who got it worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Doesn't matter too much what he's called since he's still front & center of everything, has his own X-Men solo with a juggling cast, 2 X-Mondays devoted to him, and in general is everyone's fap material. In addition getting to sleep with both Jean & Emma.

Compared to Bishop's assassination & then dropped into Limbo for years until Hickman was coming. BUT if his assassination is another era written off as filler, then he may be safe.

But for now, Bishop's assassination is still heavy & he hasn't started fixing anything yet. He's on the Marauders team, but done very little yet.
    Pretty much.

It was part of the story some fake news or paid opinions Scott was the mutant Hittler, but he did nothing.
    They never really attempted to fix what Bishop did. It was Soule and Rosenberg that rescued him from limbo
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-12-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    calling him Hittler doesn't make him that. You all know this very well.
    It's ok be upset, I would be too. But it is mostly not a big stuff, we all know it isn't true and Scott didn't commited genocide.
    Bishop was completely character assassinated and then threw it away like garbage

Pretty much.
    I'd say Scott got it worse. Bishop may have done horrible stuff, but no character even mentions it again outside of Hope once, and he returns to the X-Men like nothing changed. Scott was alienated and cursed by everyone he cared about, then died almost alone, with his "family" giving him false platitudes to ease their conscience, then he comes back, believes everyone he cares about to be dead, and suffers through the character assassination of RosenCanny. Bishop's looks worse to the reader, Scott's would be worse to actually go through.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'd say Scott got it worse. Bishop may have done horrible stuff, but no character even mentions it again outside of Hope once, and he returns to the X-Men like nothing changed. Scott was alienated and cursed by everyone he cared about, then died almost alone, with his "family" giving him false platitudes to ease their conscience, then he comes back, believes everyone he cares about to be dead, and suffers through the character assassination of RosenCanny. Bishop's looks worse to the reader, Scott's would be worse to actually go through.
    Scott is back to being Mutants Leader, no x-men ever called him a mutant hittler. And it doesn't even make sense when he was cleared of any wrongdoing. If you are talking about Rosenberg run, that didn't made any sense.
    Now Bishop it was already brought up twice in a year. This i slike compare a elephant and a ant, if Scott was so bad on character assassination he wouldn't be on the position he is today

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im still confused how they thought anyone would take the Inhumans side.
    I still love the very first issue when the X-Men stomped them, especially Emma and Dazzler.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott is back to being Mutants Leader, no x-men ever called him a mutant hittler. And it doesn't even make sense when he was cleared of any wrongdoing. If you are talking about Rosenberg run, that didn't made any sense.
    Now Bishop it was already brought up twice in a year. This i slike compare a elephant and a ant, if Scott was so bad on character assassination he wouldn't be on the position he is today
    Yes, Scott being called the mutant version of hitler was extreme and horrible. Turning Bishop into a genocidal maniac was horrible and should be unforgivable. Both are bad, but at least finally they have moved on from both.

Scott is backing being Mr. X-man and he is leading all the X-men who happen to be the military of the new mutant nation. Bishop is also a captain and he's a good guy.

I understand the anger, resentment, and even the rage at times but it is time to put it all in the past. I know Cyclops fans are still angry, but we just need to look at the bright side: so much has changed and it has gotten better!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I still love the very first issue when the X-Men stomped them, especially Emma and Dazzler.
    I feel like that issue had a cathartic effect. Unfortunately the feeling didn't last.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That issue was so satisfying.

But I eye rolled so hard when the X-Men forgot about Lockheed. Like, really? Magneto, Storm and Emma have been in more decimation level wars and conflicts than anyone and you're telling me in their plan they forgot about the teleporting giant dog that appears every single time the Inhumans do? That's such Soule level bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

But I eye rolled so hard when the X-Men forgot about Lockheed. Like, really? Magneto, Storm and Emma have been in more decimation level wars and conflicts than anyone and you're telling me in their plan they forgot about the teleporting giant dog that appears every single time the Inhumans do? That's such Soule level bad writing.
    I had to do a double take because you said Lockheed. LOL! Lockheed/Lockjaw *gasp* they're related!

Lockheed is Kitty's alien dragon. The Inhumans teleport dog is Lockjaw.

BANNED

They didn’t forget about Lockjaw. Fantomex put him to sleep.

BANNED

Bishop's crazy was explained in Uncanny X-Force by Humphries. Storm lightning lobotomized him. Probably learned how from Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Bishop's crazy was explained in Uncanny X-Force by Humphries. Storm lightning lobotomized him. Probably learned how from Jean Grey.
    Dude, I was just reading that.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

They did forget that glaring at Tyke over Cyke's "crimes" and annoying Forge with the backseat driver routine wouldn't really help with anything, though.

Anyway. Figures this would turn into yet another "Waaahhh, the guy who barely got a slap on the wrist for committing genocide has it soooo much worse". Puh-lease. Cyke had to put up with Bendis' Kitty. Nuff' said.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Yes, Scott being called the mutant version of hitler was extreme and horrible. Turning Bishop into a genocidal maniac was horrible and should be unforgivable. Both are bad, but at least finally they have moved on from both.

Scott is backing being Mr. X-man and he is leading all the X-men who happen to be the military of the new mutant nation. Bishop is also a captain and he's a good guy.

I understand the anger, resentment, and even the rage at times but it is time to put it all in the past. I know Cyclops fans are still angry, but we just need to look at the bright side: so much has changed and it has gotten better!
    Scott got cleared of the crimes. Bishop didn't. It is a big difference