Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

More than anything, the fact that they turned a popular X-man into a mass murderer and someone that spent 15 years trying to murder a baby, and then had a direction for an even more popular character that left readers debating which had it worse is proof of how completely divorced from the fans, and from common sense, Marvel is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    One person did that and it happened when he wasnt even around to deal with the ramifications of it. Besides they backpeddled hard by the time the story was wrapped up as he was exonorated and nothing about that time left him unviable as a character for years. We did not see Scott be character assinated as he acted out of character in the worst ways. That happened with Bishop though. The Terrigen era is largely inconsequential to Scott bc he wasnt around and ultimately wasnt about him. The Messiah Trilogy still haunts Bishop
    He wasn't alive to defend himself was the worst of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Imagine a black character got called hitler, boring, a white teacher's pet , a lousy husband , terrible father. Yeah imagine that.
    Everybody wants their favorite character to be on the spotlight without realizing there is a price to pay for it.

Writers like Cyclops because they can make him make serious mistakes and treat him like garbage. Nobody sees that part.

It is also about what can the characters bring to the stories, Cyclops is a deepely flawed man, with doubts and weakness that makes people want to write about him. If people wanted to read about how awesome, inspiring and perfect someone is, they would read Superman or Captain America. X-fans want the franchice to revolve about minor characters without realizing how boring that would be.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Was Cyclops called Hitler in universe, or was just that an editor? I know someone called him that, but I don't recall all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Was Cyclops called Hitler in universe, or was just that an editor? I know someone called him that, but I don't recall all the details.
    An editor first said it, but I think someone said it in-story on Champions too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Doesn't matter too much what he's called since he's still front & center of everything, has his own X-Men solo with a juggling cast, 2 X-Mondays devoted to him, and in general is everyone's fap material. In addition getting to sleep with both Jean & Emma.

Compared to Bishop's assassination & then dropped into Limbo for years until Hickman was coming. BUT if his assassination is another era written off as filler, then he may be safe.

But for now, Bishop's assassination is still heavy & he hasn't started fixing anything yet. He's on the Marauders team, but done very little yet.
    Scott, Ororo, Logan will always be front and center. That's not a comparison. Scott didn't sleep with anyone after the assassination while bishop already slept with jean.
    Scott's assassination era was filler. Logan wanted nothing to do with him uncanny.
    Bishop already fixed everything. He's even Hope Summers other dad while Hope shot Scott in the eye.

Several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I thought it was said twice in universe. Once in Champions, once by Bobby during IvX.

BANNED

He's been called hitler in daily bugle. They named him mutant hitler.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 11-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Several times.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    He's been called hitler in daily bugle. They named him mutant hitler.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the replies/scans.

I didn't read All New, or Champions, but I forgot about that moment from IvX. Writing was so, so bad, and such a horrible comparison to make.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-12-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Im still confused how they thought anyone would take the Inhumans side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    When they would kill off all muties save a chosen few like wolverine, ororo, magneto people would.

No one did. That's why they had Emma go stupid evil for the final battle, and even then Medusa was committing world scale high war crimes.

BANNED

They expected the MCU to make the Inhumans popular.

My theory is that the order came from above in Marvel and in the comics there was a silent internal rebellion.

Or they were stupid. I don't know.