Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Last edited by JB; 11-12-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott is back to being Mutants Leader, no x-men ever called him a mutant hittler. And it doesn't even make sense when he was cleared of any wrongdoing. If you are talking about Rosenberg run, that didn't made any sense.
    Now Bishop it was already brought up twice in a year. This i slike compare a elephant and a ant, if Scott was so bad on character assassination he wouldn't be on the position he is today
    Characters badmouthed Scott but that did nothing to change his perception with fans, whom still loved and supported him. The Terrigen era did nothing to his character longterm and he has not had to deal with it since returning bc he was exonerated. Meanwhile the Messiah Trilogy did make fans hate Bishop and it left him as an unviable character for writers to even touch for years. We actually saw his character be assassinated and it was ugly. All people did during the Terrigen era was badmouth Scott but it was all based on a lie and we never saw him turn into an irredeemable monster acting out of character. Bishop went from being an upstanding veteran X-man to raging psycho villian hellbent on killing a baby and destroying worlds and timelines to accomplish that all while betraying his former friends with little remorse. Scott never stooped that low and always maintained redeeming qualities even at his lowest. Bishop was a caricature and plot device that had none. Yeah, I still maintain that Bishop was the worst case of character assassination from any major X-character
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-12-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Characters badmouthed Scott but that did nothing to change his perception with fans, whom still loved and supported him. The Terrigen era did nothing to his character longterm and he has not had to deal with it since returning bc he was exonerated. Meanwhile the Messiah Trilogy did make fans hate Bishop and it left him as an unviable character for writers to even touch for years. We actually saw his character be assassinated and it was ugly. All people did during the Terrigen era was badmouth Scott but it was all based on a lie and we never saw him turn into an irredeemable monster acting out of character. Yeah, I still maintain that Bishop was the worst case of character assassination from any major X-character
    What about Nate Grey?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Someone's always gonna have it worse. Comparing them against each other is pointless. It's just circles and people ignoring thins when they fav or least fav is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    What about Nate Grey?
    IMO, I think Bishop's actions in Messiah Trilogy is worse than Dissassembled/Age of X-man. Nate at least had the excuse of being sick and mentally ill to explain his state of mind. He didnt destroy timelines and commit massive genocide either

Characters badmouthed Scott but that did nothing to change his perception with fans, whom still loved and supported him. The Terrigen era did nothing to his character longterm and he has not had to deal with it since returning bc he was exonerated. Meanwhile the Messiah Trilogy did make fans hate Bishop and it left him as an unviable character for writers to even touch for years. We actually saw his character be assassinated and it was ugly. All people did during the Terrigen era was badmouth Scott but it was all based on a lie and we never saw him turn into an irredeemable monster acting out of character. Yeah, I still maintain that Bishop was the worst case of character assassination from any major X-character
    Marvel wanted to make Scott the bad guy, their plano wws to havê him doing some awful thing that would justify calling him mutante Hitler. They changed plans, imo, because of fan reaction, almost everyone was on the mutante side and against the inhumans, and using "Hitler" didn't help them either, só Cyclops got saved.
    The change of plans is clear on the other X-Men behavior, on the begining of that era, Storm, Iceman, were all against Cyclops, even Magik. And Sunfire was depressed for his part Scott's crimes.

Characters badmouthed Scott but that did nothing to change his perception with fans, whom still loved and supported him. The Terrigen era did nothing to his character longterm and he has not had to deal with it since returning bc he was exonerated. Meanwhile the Messiah Trilogy did make fans hate Bishop and it left him as an unviable character for writers to even touch for years. We actually saw his character be assassinated and it was ugly. All people did during the Terrigen era was badmouth Scott but it was all based on a lie and we never saw him turn into an irredeemable monster acting out of character. Bishop went from being an upstanding veteran X-man to raging psycho villian hellbent on killing a baby and destroying worlds and timelines to accomplish that all while betraying his former friends with little remorse. Scott never stooped that low and always maintained redeeming qualities even at his lowest. Bishop was a caricature and plot device that had none. Yeah, I still maintain that Bishop was the worst case of character assassination from any major X-character
    This is what I don't get, A character being badmouthed is bad but Scott got clear of everything. Fans and not fans can't acuse him of anything bad on the inhumans soap opera.
    it didn't cause problems for any writer use him after it, te character continues viable as we see him leading x-men.

Bishop was straight to limbo for years, and never was clear of anything. that is a 180 from the Cyclops situation.
    I had in my original post that caused this discussion that i want characters being treated equal. This isn't equality.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    What about Nate Grey?
    Oh, that's just mean, lol. At least Bishop can brag about his villainy being chronicled in events that didn't tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Marvel wanted to make Scott the bad guy, their plano wws to havê him doing some awful thing that would justify calling him mutante Hitler. They changed plans, imo, because of fan reaction, almost everyone was on the mutante side and against the inhumans, and using "Hitler" didn't help them either, só Cyclops got saved.
    The change of plans is clear on the other X-Men behavior, on the begining of that era, Storm, Iceman, were all against Cyclops, even Magik. And Sunfire was depressed for his part Scott's crimes.
    Thy could have achieved those plans by actually writing him out of character and as an irredeemable psychopath monster like they did with Bishop, but they didnt, which was my point. It was all talk which ultimately didnt matter. They did worse with him in AvX where we actually saw him go Dark Phoenix. People are focusing on the wrong thing. Being called Hitler means diddly squat without anything to back it up. Being shown to actually be a Hitler speaks more volumes

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Thy could have achieved those plans by actually writing him out of character and as an irredeemable psychopath monster like they did with Bishop, but they didnt, which was my point. It was all talk which ultimately didnt matter. They did worse with him in AvX where we actually saw him go Dark Phoenix. People are focusing on the wrong thing. Being called Hitler means diddly squat without anything to back it up. Being shown to actually be a Hitler speaks more volumes
    Honestly, it seems as if Marvel tried their best at turning Scott evil but failed and gave up. It started with Schism and the child soldiers angle, killing professor X, then the Inhuman stuff where they clearly changed plans. The writing was the true villain...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My theory is that the order came from above in Marvel and in the comics there was a silent internal rebellion.

Or they were stupid. I don't know.
    The order came from above, and writers and editors were stupid.

It speaks to me of cowardice. They wanted to call Cyclops Hitler but didn't actually want to show him doing something evil or they might lose sales or alienate fans. To this day we're never told why JDW views Cyclops as every bit as evil as Magneto ever was during Schism. And while the new status quo is pretending all of that didn't happen, JDW is still in charge, and the status changes all the time.

The issue with Scott is that he never really went dark enough to make readers think he was an actual villain while many writers and editors doubled down on a failed story and would not let go of it. Loudly.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The issue with Scott is that he never really went dark enough to make readers think he was an actual villain while many writers and editors doubled down on a failed story and would not let go of it. Loudly.
    Which is kinda funny. They tried that with him in AvX, but it didn't work. Then they started trying it for DoX/IvX, but changed it to Emma at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    what failed story would writers not let go of? Scott's "role" in the Terrigen era was immediately forgotten after he was exonerated in DoX/IvX.