Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That panel where he's got Jean Grey by the arm is very emblematic lmao.

I'm guessing Magneto just put HickmanJean in her place. Scotty to the rescue though lol

Yes, yes we are all well aware. Cyclops is right, the only one who can make hard choices, etc, etc. Zzzzz.
    Cyclops is right and Hickman gets it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That panel where he's got Jean Grey by the arm is very emblematic lmao.

I'm guessing Magneto just put HickmanJean in her place. Scotty to the rescue though lol
    Jean is visibly upset and Magneto's raised hand is... inch resting.

JGG.

This was an interesting X-men Monday. I like that Scott is the captain commander. It is a good role for him. I like that Storm, Jean, and Emma are on the ruling council because they are also leaders. I do want to see some of the other captains in action (especially Bishop - he's in Marauders but what is his role?)

Scott has long been my 2nd favorite X-man (after Jean) but even I get annoyed how they over state his importance. The X-men should not be the Scott Summers show, though I admit a lot of creators love and identify with him, so do a lot of straight male X-men fans, same can be said of X-twitter and especially the straight white guys who also have platforms whether on twitter or podcasts, etc). He is kinda the insert character I guess, which can both be good and bad depending on how you look at it.

When I think of the X-men I do think of Cyclops but also Storm, Jean, and Wolverine among many others. Scott is important but Storm should be right up there with him. When I re-read Claremont's run recently I realized how vital Storm is to the X-men. We often talk about the heart of the X-men, well in my opinion the strongest case is for Storm (but Scott, Jean, and others are not too far behind her).

Just some of my random thoughts. Hopefully I do not trigger anybody.

I did like the preview pages. I do like Scott interacting with the council (and Jean and Emma).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    This was an interesting X-men Monday. I like that Scott is the captain commander. It is a good role for him. I like that Storm, Jean, and Emma are on the ruling council because they are also leaders. I do want to see some of the other captains in action (especially Bishop - he's in Marauders but what is his role?)

Scott has long been my 2nd favorite X-man (after Jean) but even I get annoyed how they over state his importance. The X-men should not be the Scott Summers show, though I admit a lot of creators love and identify with him, so do a lot of straight male X-men fans, same can be said of X-twitter and especially the straight white guys who also have platforms whether on twitter or podcasts, etc). He is kinda the insert character I guess, which can both be good and bad depending on how you look at it.

When I think of the X-men I do think of Cyclops but also Storm, Jean, and Wolverine among many others. Scott is important but Storm should be right up there with him. When I re-read Claremont's run recently I realized how vital Storm is to the X-men. We often talk about the heart of the X-men, well in my opinion the strongest case is for Storm (but Scott, Jean, and others are not too far behind her).

I did like the preview pages. I do like Scott interacting with the council (and Jean and Emma).
    Disagree marvel and writers have stTed that x-men is the story of Scott summers

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

LMAO at that "awesome telepath" answer. Well played indeed.

Scott: "Jean, relax, the four of us boys went on an actual fishing trip. Erik's just trolling you."

Scott: "I get it, she was making a scene and you all deemed it necessary to shut her down. That being said, don't you think the psychically-induced twitching was overkill?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Jean is visibly upset and Magneto's raised hand is... inch resting.

JGG.
    Might be a callback, I dunno, but remember this is "Xorn" not Magneto.

The Xorn/Magneto thing is the only hyper-annoying part of an otherwise great and classic run.

Quite liked it. Though I Can see why some would see it as disingenuous considering White's tenure during the Schism and Post AvX years.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Can Scott and Emma not look each other in the eye?

Cant wait to see how we get from that to riding on dinos.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Disagree marvel and writers have stTed that x-men is the story of Scott summers
    You know I stated that somewhat recently, that it was stated the X-men was basically the story of Scott Summers and I was challenged on it and I searched and searched and could not find any quote (but I read so much and I listen to a few x-related podcasts so I'm still not clear if it is out there). Please provide a source if anyone has one.

But I'm not arguing because I think the creators are trying to make it his story, but the X-men should be bigger than that. It is also Xavier's, Magneto's, and now even Moira's story. To reduce the X-men to being the story of Scott Summers is problematic especially considering a large part of the Claremont years that it was clearly Storm's story. Again I say this as a big fan of Scott Summers.

I get why people love Scott. I identified with him too especially during Morrison's run (I identified with him and Jean but for different reasons). I get that people like characters who remind them of themselves or are characters they wish they could be more like (who doesn't want to be heroic, etc) but the X-menn has the potential to be so much more diverse than it is usually allowed to be.

Again, I love Scott but making him the male fantasy character just rubs me the wrong way. At least Scott is a very complex character who has many flaws. He's relatable due to his relationship drama/issues. I just want some other characters to be afforded the same level of complexity.

BANNED

Never thought the writers self-insert themselves as hitler.

So much salt lol.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 11-11-2019 at 09:30 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Well no. The punch dimension is in the way.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

Cant wait to see how we get from that to riding on dinos.
    I get the feeling their in sorta-mourning about Xavier.

Looking forward to learning who is behind Scott in action!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

*Koff koff* channels pettiness. *koff* Nice to see he could pull himself from over seeing 6 books to make time for this one when he couldn't manage to do so while over seeing two for a certain mutant of color. Nice art.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I admit a lot of creators love and identify with him, so do a lot of straight male X-men fans, same can be said of X-twitter and especially the straight white guys who also have platforms whether on twitter or podcasts, etc).
    Not identify as much as they project onto him. Most nerds are closer to Hank McCoy, which is why they hate him so much (that goes for writers too) while they fulfill their fantasies through Cyclops, completely missing the point of the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    *Koff koff* channels pettiness. *koff* Nice to see he could pull himself from over seeing 6 books to make time for this one when he couldn't manage to do so while over seeing two for a certain mutant of color. Nice art.
    Lmao he was waiting for this one, been a long time coming. He noped out of the one for Storm though lmao