BANNED

Default Who´s your favorite Green Lantern and why?

So simple and so hard.

Hal Jordan. Quick thinker and problem-solver whose mind is always in the right place. Inspirational but not in a sappy manner, saves the day because that's how he's wired. Impulsive but one whose intentions are commendable and whose mistakes are honest due to his somewhat overconfident nature. Doesn't need complex constructs to get the job done, just ones that will get it done. A character who works well both by himself and in a group, but if he is in a group, he would always try to take on the worst odds by himself in order to take the hit before anyone else. Reliable, selfless and not always too modest about it. What's not to like.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-11-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Hal Jordan was the first Green Lantern I read and so he has a special place for me. I really enjoyed his adventures and stories. I have read some stories with John Stewart and have seen him on the Justice league cartoon and just dont like him as much. Comes off as too gruff and serious. Have never read any with the other Lanterns.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Is there any way people will be able to post their fav without somehow saying something negative about another GL? Let's see...

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Now where would the OP get an idea like this from? Oh yeah, that's right:

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Perhaps next time you could ask a safer question. Something like 'Who's the best Green Lantern?' .
    Hal Jordan obviously. But, and I must stress this, I like them all in their own ways.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Fantastic Member

Jessica Cruz. I have anxiety and Jessica through her work as a Green Lantern has to overcome this mentally and physically draining mental illness every day to be worthy of her ring. To see a character like her rise above something that can be so crippling is inspiring. I did not read any Green Lantern books until Green Laterns in Rebirth and I have been a fan ever since.

Mighty Member

I don't have a favorite but I think Jessica Cruz is the most interesting. Her struggles with anxiety work well within the framework of how the rings work. I feel like John is the one who could easily become my favorite with the right creative team, though - he's woefully underutilized and there's a lot to work with in his history.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Kyle is my fave. Fun character, and I liked how his imagination worked with the ring. When he first came out, I really related to him.

However, Guy is my fave as far as being in the Justice League. I think his personality added the most of all the Green Lantern's to the team's interactions.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I have two.

Kyle and Guy.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Alan and Jessica

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Alan Scott. There's something great about a guy who was given a great gift and always used it in service of his fellow man, who went from being the Superman of his day to the elder statesman of today and did so gracefully. He was very much a product of his time, but grew even in his old age and reconnected with his son, becoming a better man and father in the process. He's such a baller, even the Guardians think he's pretty cool and they don't like anyone.

Rocks the purple cape like Batman wishes he could. Punched Nazis before, when and after (should that ever come to pass) it was cool. Got upstaged by a dog for a minute but still came back strong. Served as White King in Checkmate and is one of the few people who can get the last word on Amanda Waller. Hell, he got himself ousted because he had too much integrity to just let his people fry, if memory serves. Alan is an amazing character who doesn't ever get the respect he's due.

Also Guy Gardener, because Pete Tomasi and Dave Gibbons gave him a lot of depth and I like him and Ice a whole lot. Hal, John, Kyle and Jessica all are relatively equal after that.

I like all the GLs except Simon, however, and he's alright if directionless and a bit bland. Alan stands far above the rest, but the it's Guy and pretty much everyone else in close seconds.

Tomar Re, because I just think he's neat.

Alan Scott's probably my favorite of the human GLs? Him or Kyle. But I like Tomar Re.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Hal or Alan, Hal was the first gl that I read. And when I was reading Johns' JSA run, I was really intrigued by that character
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Boisterously Confused

I can't say that I have a favorite. I have some I dislike (won't go down that trail). Some belong to a certain time, and they are best for that time, i.e. Hal fits best in the Silver Age. I'd prefer earth have only one at a time.