Default What would be a good Wonder Woman game?

I mean if Batman and Superman can get a game. What about Diana? What would be a good game for her?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean if Batman and Superman can get a game. What about Diana? What would be a good game for her?
    Batman has had good games on various platforms since NES, but Superman games have been demonstrably worse, not to mention fewer and farther between. Superman has largely been a continuing example of how not to do video games, and not a character whose history I would use to argue that WW should get a game.

I just realized it's been 4-5 years since I played a AAA title, so I'm out of date here, but it wouldn't be too hard to make a playable WW game. Maybe her flying might be kind of unwieldy, as I generally found flying characters to be not that great to control vs. ground-based ones. But I played a lot of action games from the previous generation that would've been fine had they substituted WW for the action characters.

God of War 4 has got the basics for how a WW game could function. The real problem is flying, if you’re ok with Diana not being able to fly there’s a huge number of fantasy games you could use as a template for a WW game.

If flight is an issue then I think the Bayonetta franchise would be a perfect model for a WW game. If you're at a high enough skill level in those games you pretty much go through entire battles without touching the ground once, plus the variety of gadgets and weapons would be perfect for a character like Diana.

Something in the vein of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta or Darksiders. All three of have incorporated flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Something in the vein of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta or Darksiders. All three of have incorporated flight.
    Were they combat-based flight, or free-roaming flight? I played Bayonetta a long time ago, but I don't remember flying much. Maybe it was more like ground fighting, but the move would animate so that she was in mid-air. I think it's hard to mix combat and free flight, in general, that I often think just make the character ground-based.

EDIT: I should clarify that rudimentary flight is perfectly OK, but I associate the fantasy of comic book flight with freedom, and games with tight combat controls mixed in with flight usually have heavy restrictions on the flight mechanic. Flying in these situations is by no means a bad experience, but to me it's an incomplete one.

Also, as a disclaimer, I haven't gamed much recently so maybe things have changed.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-11-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Were they combat-based flight, or free-roaming flight? I played Bayonetta a long time ago, but I don't remember flying much. Maybe it was more like ground fighting, but the move would animate so that she was in mid-air. I think it's hard to mix combat and free flight, in general, that I often think just make the character ground-based.

EDIT: I should clarify that rudimentary flight is perfectly OK, but I associate the fantasy of comic book flight with freedom, and games with tight combat controls mixed in with flight usually have heavy restrictions on the flight mechanic. Flying in these situations is by no means a bad experience, but to me it's an incomplete one.

Also, as a disclaimer, I haven't gamed much recently so maybe things have changed.
    Bayonetta and DMC used flight in combat while Darksiders used flight for free-roaming.

God of War 4 seems like a good starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

I play Champions Online a LOT. And it's flight system is far from OP in combat. The trick is to not have the player fighting enemies that can't harm you while you're in the air. The game has a wide variety of enemies from flying robots to street thugs, but even the street thugs can shoot at you if you're airborne.

This is a pretty good idea of what I'd like to see in a Wonder Woman game.

And this as well.

Lego has made some amazing Batman games, and Wonder Woman is a playable character with cool abilities, including flight.

Given the importance of construction and architecture in Ancient Greece, modern America, and mythological realms like Elysium, Olympus, Atlantis, and Tartarus, it makes perfect sense that Diana's Lego game would be spectacular.

Wonder Woman: Twelve Labors

Diana is in a contest and race against time to accomplish twelve incredible tasks to save humanity from an otherworldly being and encounters many, many of her greatest foes on her journey.

Costars: Hippolyta, Nu'Bia, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Achilles Warkiller, and Ferdinand

Includes: Angle Man, Zara, Queen Clea, Ares, Blue Snowman, Doctor Psycho, Giganta, Doctor Cyber, Doctor Poison, Veronica Cale, Circe, Cheetah, Superwoman, Queen of Fables, Baron Blitzkrieg, Silver Swan, Eviless, Osira, Heracles, Mayfly, The Mask, Medusa, Dark Angel, Kung, Inversion, Hypnota, Minister Blizzard, Ares' Children, Doctor Domino, Chang Tzu, Crimson Centipede, Human Fireworks, and Mouse Man.