In my opinion this cynical age in which we live calls for more of the idealistic heroes who do what is right no matter what, and never make moral compromises. Similarly, we need a bit less of the cynical take. So, I agree in large part with the OP. Optimistic, non-deconstructive takes on characters like Superman and Captain Marvel (never calling him Shazam) are what this age needs. We need heroes who give us more light and optimism, and a bit less of the deconstructive, cynical, "hero" vs "hero" takes, in which there is much less difference between heroes and villains than there should be. I do, however, think that "child like wonder" is not the most accurate way to describe characters like Superman and Captain Marvel. The better way to describe them would be characters I would actually want to see as fictional icons worthy of taking lessons from. Lessons like....

Another person doing wrong never justifies YOU doing wrong.
The ends do not justify the means.
Two wrongs never make a right.
Might in the service of right is absolutely the right way to go.
Always treat others the way you want to be treated.
Be kind, be honest.
Its easy to be kind and respectful of those with whom you agree. It is harder and more reflective of the quality of your character to do so for those with whom you do not agree. It is also more important.
Try to be the best you can be, and better than you were yesterday.