Page 175 of 230 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3449
  1. #2611
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: Hey Cleric, just how many of the cylinders are still sticking out from Genesis?
    Four right now.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #2612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Taking a seat on the ground next to her, Dash give a tired laugh and a shake of her head, then a smile, "Ah didn't think about that. Thanks. Ah just hope the others can handle things." She then frowns and slams a fist into the ground, dirt flying upwards, "Ah can't believe we couldn't keep up. Ah knew we needed more training." she placed her hands on the ground, "Ah can't just sit here an do nothin. Ah'll stay until you get your legs back, then ah want to get up and see whats' goin on."
    " Thanks, Yeah my body does need more condition. When I was pushing myself to use 50 % and even 60% of my elastic energy, electricity was surging through my eyes rapidly. To you, I guess it looked like my eyes were flickering blue. If using 50% and 60% elastic energy did this much damage to my body, imagine the damage 70% or even 90% elastic energy would do to my body as it is now," Praxat said as she rests to heal her body.

    " Yeah, my body needs more condition," Praxat said.

  3. #2613
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Four right now.
    OOC: Cool, thanks
    --------------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A slight frown covers her face as Genesis clinches her out held hand, causing the orb to shoot up towards Inanna at incredible speeds.
    Genesis' attention focusing dually on Mauroc and Inanna, seeking the former while trying to escape the latter, he had no doubt in his mind that he had been forgotten. In most cases, that would have been cause for a bout of rage, yet he would be relying on it this time. Even if she did not consider him a predator to her eyes, Rex was far from prey. She might have taken the energy of his fukushuu, but by doing so, she had invited him, just if she had drank from his blood or eaten his flesh. His energy called out to him and through [Tithe to the STRONGEST], he would answer.

    From behind, he struck, his talon hand slashing across the four cylinders that protruded from her back. One crack, one breach, that's all he needed to draw out the power stored away, desperation and recklessness drawing every single ounce of strength into his strike. Should he fail... no... he would not, could not fail, for he was the Strongest.

  4. #2614
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Thanks, Yeah my body does need more condition. When I was pushing myself to use 50 % and even 60% of my elastic energy, electricity was surging through my eyes rapidly. To you, I guess it looked like my eyes were flickering blue. If using 50% and 60% elastic energy did this much damage to my body, imagine the damage 70% or even 90% elastic energy would do to my body as it is now," Praxat said as she rests to heal her body.

    " Yeah, my body needs more condition," Praxat said.
    After a short time, Dash stands back up, "Ah'm not goin anywhere. I just need to stand up and stretch." As she does, she looks around and up, to see what is going on, if she can. They traveled soem distance, so she isn't sure where they are in relation to the others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  5. #2615
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A slight frown covers her face as Genesis clinches her out held hand, causing the orb to shoot up towards Inanna at incredible speeds.
    As Inanna closed in, there was no denying the gamble.

    That blend of energies, undoubtedly one of which was Hakai, might prove to be Inanna's unmaking; and yet as things stood now. How it felt to be... complete.

    There was a confidence there, a surity of purpose.

    In the air, the woman scrawled a lattice-work out of transcendent blood with a clawed hand; and with the other? Those artifacts, ancient and powerful were prised from their capsule.

    One hoped they might work... Hope. The calling card of desperation.

    It was a jury rigged spell at the best of times, but boosted as she was now, and with the focus the artifact she hoped would provide; when Rex appeared from seemingly nowhere and shot his shot... Inanna shot hers.

    The latticework of blood runes around Inanna flared and faded; and Inanna's voice cut through cacophony.

    "Genesis... Be sealed."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  6. #2616
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,779

    Default

    OT: I must say, I didn’t see....a lot of this happening. I must say I’m pleased as punch. Good job, all.


    IC:

    The last of the meteors are stopped by Blizzar, Etrina, Erosa, Neva, the Queen, and the last few remaining Threshlings with any energy to spare, though it was as close as close could be.

    ————

    A few things happen fairly rapidly.

    Rex, your blow is perhaps the most powerful you could swing. Against Katchin enhanced unknown metal, it probably won’t have worked.

    But she had taken part of your energy, and the rods were perhaps slightly weaker than the rest of her. You swing and your claws manage to gouge the rod that had taken your Ghost Hakai.

    Her form immediately stiffens and her back arcs as the energy release blows you backwards and manages to crack another cylinder.

    At the same time, Inanna’s pilfered artifacts burn with Inanna’s power and the crude spell fires off and encircles Genesis. However, with her two cracked cylinders, the spell work merges and mixes, and a cacophony of energy encircles Genesis and blows Inanna back.

    Then Genesis’s orb comes back at her, and is absorbed back in, but with the cracked cylinders it seems to add fuel on the fire as they get added to the conflagration.

    Time and space seem to warp and parts of Genesis seem to start to vanish rapidly, reappearing and disappearing, her form getting dimensionally shunted again and again.

    For the first time, a look of...fury...crosses Genesis’ face and her eyes burn with an unknown power. As her body essentially seems to implode and disappear into an unknown dimension, thin beams of a wicked looking orange energy lance out from her eyes. Oddly, they seem to split and then curve at ninety degrees, both moving at different targets.

    The first shoots behind her, burning a hole through Rex like he wasn’t even there, targeting and going straight through his chest and out his pack. The other lances towards Inanna, and burns a hole right through her left knee, almost taking the leg off.

    The beams suddenly stop as Genesis seems to vanish into another dimension with a sickening popping and crunching sound.


    ———————

    Never before had this level of energy been unleashed. The storm of energy, a conflagration of fury and energy and sheer power rips across the space just above Reshlan as three attacks slam into the Majin.

    The first, Parsley’s modified Death Ball looking thing, slams into him and blasts him up and further into space, his legs obliterated as he rides it. The second, the Man in White’s miles long attack, propels the hell storm towards the sun, further burning Auroc down to little more than an arm and head. Sasheem’s added fiery flames take the final push, and Auric of Taltok, the oldest mortal in the universe, burns in the heart of a sun, not even his component atoms spared the destruction.

    From the surface, it a magnificent display of color.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hellís Brigade; 09-28-2020 at 07:38 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #2617
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: I must say, I didn’t see....a lot of this happening. I must say I’m pleased as punch. Good job, all.


    IC:

    The last of the meteors are stopped by Blizzar, Etrina, Erosa, Neva, the Queen, and the last few remaining Threshlings with any energy to spare, though it was as close as close could be.

    ————

    A few things happen fairly rapidly.

    Rex, your blow is perhaps the most powerful you could swing. Against Katchin enhanced unknown metal, it probably won’t have worked.

    But she had taken part of your energy, and the rods were perhaps slightly weaker than the rest of her. You swing and your claws manage to gouge the rod that had taken your Ghost Hakai.

    Her form immediately stiffens and her back arcs as the energy release blows you backwards and manages to crack another cylinder.

    At the same time, Inanna’s pilfered artifacts burn with Inanna’s power and the crude spell fires off and encircles Genesis. However, with her two cracked cylinders, the spell work merges and mixes, and a cacophony of energy encircles Genesis and blows Inanna back.

    Then Genesis’s orb comes back at her, and is absorbed back in, but with the cracked cylinders it seems to add fuel on the fire as they get added to the conflagration.

    Time and space seem to warp and parts of Genesis seem to start to vanish rapidly, reappearing and disappearing, her form getting dimensionally shunted again and again.

    For the first time, a look of...fury...crosses Genesis’ face and her eyes burn with an unknown power. As her body essentially seems to implode and disappear into an unknown dimension, thin beams of a wicked looking orange energy lance out from her eyes. Oddly, they seem to split and then curve at ninety degrees, both moving at different targets.

    The first shoots behind her, burning a hole through Rex like he wasn’t even there, targeting and going straight through his chest and out his pack. The other lances towards Inanna, and burns a hole right through her left knee, almost taking the leg off.

    The beams suddenly stop as Genesis seems to vanish into another dimension with a sickening popping and crunching sound.


    ———————

    Never before had this level of energy been unleashed. The storm of energy, a conflagration of fury and energy and sheer power rips across the space just above Reshlan as three attacks slam into the Majin.

    The first, Parsley’s modified Death Ball looking thing, slams into him and blasts him up and further into space, his legs obliterated as he rides it. The second, the Man in White’s miles long attack, propels the hell storm towards the sun, further burning Auroc down to little more than an arm and head. Sasheem’s added fiery flames take the final push, and Auric of Taltok, the oldest mortal in the universe, burns in the heart of a sun, not even his component atoms spared the destruction.

    From the surface, it a magnificent display of color.
    Dash can only watch, but what she sees she'll never forget. Looking first towards where the others were fighting, then upwards towards the sky. For a moment she covers her eyes as the light was intense, then she was able to see it in it's full brilliance. With pursed lips, then a half smile as she turns to Praxat, "I've never seen such a sight. If ah'm readin it right, it looks like the battle is over an we won."

    "Prax, how're doin? Can you stand yet? Or at least levitate? Do you need help?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #2618
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,779

    Default

    OT: Tami, your PM box is full.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #2619
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Tami, your PM box is full.
    OT: I just cleaned some of it out. I should have caught that sooner.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #2620
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,611

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Rex, your blow is perhaps the most powerful you could swing. Against Katchin enhanced unknown metal, it probably wonít have worked.

    But she had taken part of your energy, and the rods were perhaps slightly weaker than the rest of her. You swing and your claws manage to gouge the rod that had taken your Ghost Hakai.

    Her form immediately stiffens and her back arcs as the energy release blows you backwards and manages to crack another cylinder.
    There's not much time to revel in the success of the moment, but Inanna does manage to think a simple, that arrogant motherfucker did it...

    At the same time, Inannaís pilfered artifacts burn with Inannaís power and the crude spell fires off and encircles Genesis. However, with her two cracked cylinders, the spell work merges and mixes, and a cacophony of energy encircles Genesis and blows Inanna back.

    Then Genesisís orb comes back at her, and is absorbed back in, but with the cracked cylinders it seems to add fuel on the fire as they get added to the conflagration.

    Time and space seem to warp and parts of Genesis seem to start to vanish rapidly, reappearing and disappearing, her form getting dimensionally shunted again and again.

    For the first time, a look of...fury...crosses Genesisí face and her eyes burn with an unknown power. As her body essentially seems to implode and disappear into an unknown dimension, thin beams of a wicked looking orange energy lance out from her eyes. Oddly, they seem to split and then curve at ninety degrees, both moving at different targets.
    Before reality caught up, and her makeshift spell stuck true. In a way, it worked better than intended, the sealing effect coupled with the immediate loss of energy facilitated by Rex's own desperate struggle; managed to do what could only be described as disentangle Genesis from the localized spacetime.

    She'd be no threat now.

    Or at least, that was the hope...

    The first shoots behind her, burning a hole through Rex like he wasnít even there, targeting and going straight through his chest and out his pack. The other lances towards Inanna, and burns a hole right through her left knee, almost taking the leg off.
    Of course, hope being the calling card of desperation, Genesis had one final gift.

    Two deathblows... but only one struck true; the beam ripping though Rex with not so much as a moments' resistance; before Inanna managed- with a jerk- to evade just barely, her own swan song; the beam of strange orange energy merely ripping through her leg.

    What...

    The beams suddenly stop as Genesis seems to vanish into another dimension with a sickening popping and crunching sound.
    And then she was gone.

    Ground rushing up to meet Inanna, as she lost her balance and toppled; the woman managed to draw in what energy she yet clung to, to offer Rex- and more importantly the boy kept alive by his skinwalking- a reprieve.

    "Divine Intervention*." Inanna chuckled, mostly to herself. "A bit... tongue and cheek, I'll admit; but I can't have the Strongest dying on me."

    There it was again.

    Hope.

    Knowing how closely entangled Genesis' energy was with the Hakai she'd pilfered however... that's all Inanna had.

    * By extending her aura, Inanna is capable of creating a 'zone' that will grant a diminished form of her regeneration for a brief period for any ally that enters; allowing them to recover from non-fatal injury rapidly and survive damage that would have killed them outright. The death survival effect lasts for (5) posts after they have left the 'zone', with the regeneration falling off after (3).
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  11. #2621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After a short time, Dash stands back up, "Ah'm not goin anywhere. I just need to stand up and stretch." As she does, she looks around and up, to see what is going on, if she can. They traveled soem distance, so she isn't sure where they are in relation to the others.
    " Man, Althena is going to have a heart attack if I told her I used 60% of my elastic energy. Best keep that a secret from her. The Way of Compression, The Way of Sparking, and the Way of Inflation. The three schools of thought of Aoem. Out of all of those three, The Way of Inflation was the most explored, properly because it was the easiest," Praxat said.

    "I believe I'm on the right path exploring The Way of Compression and The Way of Sparking more, and that it would lead to me awaking to a new power," Praxat said.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash can only watch, but what she sees she'll never forget. Looking first towards where the others were fighting, then upwards towards the sky. For a moment she covers her eyes as the light was intense, then she was able to see it in it's full brilliance. With pursed lips, then a half smile as she turns to Praxat, "I've never seen such a sight. If ah'm readin it right, it looks like the battle is over an we won."

    "Prax, how're doin? Can you stand yet? Or at least levitate? Do you need help?"
    Praxat gets up." I'm still healing, but at least I can stand now. Between us, I have a limited healing factor. I can regenerate my limbs and my eyes," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.

  12. #2622
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Man, Althena is going to have a heart attack if I told her I used 60% of my elastic energy. Best keep that a secret from her. The Way of Compression, The Way of Sparking, and the Way of Inflation. The three schools of thought of Aoem. Out of all of those three, The Way of Inflation was the most explored, properly because it was the easiest," Praxat said.

    "I believe I'm on the right path exploring The Way of Compression and The Way of Sparking more, and that it would lead to me awaking to a new power," Praxat said.




    Praxat gets up." I'm still healing, but at least I can stand now. Between us, I have a limited healing factor. I can regenerate my limbs and my eyes," Praxat said.
    "Heck, that's more than ah can do. Lets' start walking towards the others. Ah want to find out what exactly happened." Dash started walking at a normal pace, heading in the direction where the final battles occurred.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  13. #2623
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Never before had this level of energy been unleashed. The storm of energy, a conflagration of fury and energy and sheer power rips across the space just above Reshlan as three attacks slam into the Majin.

    The first, Parsley’s modified Death Ball looking thing, slams into him and blasts him up and further into space, his legs obliterated as he rides it. The second, the Man in White’s miles long attack, propels the hell storm towards the sun, further burning Auroc down to little more than an arm and head. Sasheem’s added fiery flames take the final push, and Auric of Taltok, the oldest mortal in the universe, burns in the heart of a sun, not even his component atoms spared the destruction.

    From the surface, it a magnificent display of color.
    Parsley had been in more battles than she could count. From sixteen until that moment - ten years of violence, conquest, slaughter, heroism, and liberation - never before had she ever seen a spectacle like that. The sheer power and fury, condensed and purified in three separate attacks that converged on a single point at nearly the same time was breathtaking. She, Sasheem, and the mysterious new fighter joined forces to push Auroc the Deified beyond the brink of death and to the great beyond, where he would spend the rest of eternity milling away in his own personal Hell.

    She allowed herself a tired smile. One loose end has been tied. Only a dozen more to go. The battle on Reshlan was over, with them standing victorious. The brainwashed masses were freed of Auroc's influence, and those who willingly went along with his heretical madness were sure to be tried for treason and executed. The Queen of Reshlan, Neva's mother, was also free and would neatly fill the void left behind by the false god's demise. Any who didn't tow the line under her rule would likely be dealt with swiftly and without mercy.

    There was only one final bit left, the matter of Auroc's crown and the spoils of war.

    She powered down and quickly left space and returned to Reshlan. Instead of meeting with the others, she made a beeline for the palace.

  14. #2624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Heck, that's more than ah can do. Lets' start walking towards the others. Ah want to find out what exactly happened." Dash started walking at a normal pace, heading in the direction where the final battles occurred.
    Praxat walks behind Dash.

  15. #2625
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat walks behind Dash.
    "How's your sword arm?" Dash slowed down so that her and Praxat could walk together, "You were swinging that sword like you were born to do so."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-28-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •