Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
Ochazuke let the Saiyan Queen have the last word without refutation; after all, he had already set the task.

Moreover, in the first step of this evaluation, there had already emerged a limitation. If there were to be any pittance of a victory to be found in this exchange, it would be lacking for anybody.

Decisive, rash, and of limited perspective. Even after all this time...it is difficult for you to comprehend what is outside the reach of your fists.

Perhaps it had not registered to Sarada in the moment, if neither memory nor their common purpose was sufficient for her to recall why he and Zaofan had embarked to find Auroc in the first place.

It may behoove you to notice that we've been sharing our culture with you for five years already. By the scars rendered upon our world had yours remained intact.

Auroc, the Doctor...plateaus long since surpassed, what value remained in looking back? Perhaps in time, the length to which he would go to fight for his world would become apparent.

Likely when her choleric nature had settled. What a task that would be.

We have a long way to go.
Sarada watched him leave silently with a slight frown. They had all changed, and not for the better.

"Well, as needs must, I suppose. Still, I suppose it goes without saying I'd highly recommend it, every so often as you can manage. Taking something out of the world, extracting quality out of it with a little change, even if it's something new or strange, it's a surprisingly nuanced and contemplative process."

"Sometimes the season isn't right, or ingredients aren't ideal or exactly what you want, or god forbid the pantry is a bit lean. In these instances, you'll have to make do."

Flattening a clover of garlic with his knife, Zaofan paused for a moment as he mulled over how two planets of such stellar distances apart could have the exact same produce.

"...whoa, yeah, that is weird," he said, shuffling the puree aside, "Though if you think about it, it seems in the broad strokes our diets are..." Half of the pies were already gone. "...compatible, heh. When in doubt, listen to your gut."
"I guess Asha'rah got lazy when ironing out the finer details," Sarada remarked with a soft chuckle. In the end, she would rather experience a different world with similar foods to hers than one with completely foreign foods. While it was always exciting to eat new things, she really didn't want to eat something that looked normal, only to find out it was highly toxic or something.

She sighed heavily. "I'll see if I can take a day a week to have some time to myself in the kitchen. If nothing else, it'll give me some quality time with my daughter and niece and nephew."

Zaofan watched the toddler took the food without complaint. Not a single scrap of meat, extra sugar, or flavour enhancer, and it was disappearing rather quickly.

"Heh, always keeping it fresh," he nodded, "Sweet and savoury, one of the classics."

At her statement, Zaofan, raised an eyebrow, and began to whittle at a zucchini end.

"And I thought you said she had a problem with taking vegetables! Really, never thought a picky eater'd come out of your family," he grinned.

"But, ah, don't take this the wrong way, but how was it that the chef knew, and yet you didn't?"
She sighed heavily and set the empty dishes aside. "I can't spend as much time with her as I'd like," she admitted. "My days the last few months are spent in countless meetings. By the time I get done for the day, she's already been put to bed." When she got pregnant, she had it in her head that she would be able to lighten her schedule for the first few years so she could spend as much time with her child as possible.

Then Tundra happened.

It wasn't like the battles she fought with the M-Fighters, where they killed the enemy and then dealt with certain aspects of the fallout. That time, she had to deal with all the fallout. And that took time. Something had to give, and sadly, her child got pushed aside.

It wasn't out of the ordinary, but she did resolve to herself to take a more personal role in raising her child.

"I do what I can when I can. I'm... actually shouldn't even be here right now. I'm supposed to be in a meeting, but I saw a chance to do something with her, so I left. They can wait, I guess."