Page 298 of 371 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A female chuckle, warm and bright, responds.

“You need some training than, yes?”
    "Strange voices distributing training is a horrible firm of government," Inanna mumbled before sighing.

"Yes, Lampton sends his regards."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Strange voices distributing training is a horrible firm of government," Inanna mumbled before sighing.

"Yes, Lampton sends his regards."
    “Than hold on.”

A swirl of light, sand, and heat and than Inanna stands in a portion of Otherworld she has not seen before. Desert sands stretch out in all directions, and before he stands a woman.

“Hello Inanna. I am Cleos, a pleasure to meet you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“Than hold on.”

A swirl of light, sand, and heat and than Inanna stands in a portion of Otherworld she has not seen before. Desert sands stretch out in all directions, and before he stands a woman.

“Hello Inanna. I am Cleos, a pleasure to meet you.”
    It takes a moment for Inanna to correct herself after nearly stumbling, at which point all she can say is... "Huh." She'd expected to be somewhere on the other side of living, but... couldn't protest being here now that she was.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Daroga didn't notice Tasure's tail until it cut into him. "AARRGH!"

Normally, he wouldn't have been concerned with a cut. Something, however, was very wrong. He hadn't noticed it before, but he had somehow grown weary already. He wasn't to the point of exhaustion, but he had expended far more energy than he thought he had. But how? The very same had befallen Letchee, if his senses were correct. That girl! Her initial attack must be the cause of his vexation!

What was worse, the knife Tasure's tail wielded sapped his power. He could feel that his already diminished power had dwindled even more.

He growled and shattered her wrist in his grip. "Accursed wench!" he snarled as he tugged on her arm. With a sudden jerk, he tore her arm from her socket, then punted her to the ground. One of his arms gingerly touched the gash in his side where he had been stabbed. I know not what that girl did, but I must end this battle quickly. These Saiyans are much more resourceful than I initially thought.

With that thought, his aura burst to life. He started to gather ki in four hands, a task made far more arduous thanks to Avoca's and Tasure's techniques.
    There was a sickening crack as her wrist was crushed, and the sound of tearing flesh and breaking bone as her arm was ripped clean off. And then, to top it all off, she was unceremoniously punted to the ground.

Had she really just been Sarada'd? This was only the second time, after Jagam, that she had been... disarmed. Well now...

Not that she was angry. In fact, she was excited.

Gritting her teeth, she fought through the pain and shot up, blood spilling out of her... stump. Weaving her ki together, she formed a skin-tight "bandage" over her wound to stop the bleeding as best she could. time to break out a new technique she'd developed in the time chamber. Two, actually.

She raised her remaining hand, placing her fingers on her forehead. Locking onto Daroga's energy signature, she jumped forward and her form blurred, re-appearing behind him a fair distance. Immediately after... it blurred again, and she re-appeared to his left. Again, it blurred, and she reappeared again.

Again and again, this repeated, until numerous after-images of the Saiyaness surrounded Daroga. This was a... combination, one might say, of the stock afterimage technique and the instant transmission. It was a simple trick, and one that had no real use besides buying time.

And time is precisely what she needed. Little by little, every time she appeared, she was adding a bit of ki to an attack that she'd developed in the chamber--one that just so happened to require a significant amount of time to charge and was primarily charged in the same hand position used to perform instant transmission--index and middle finger on the forehead. With enough charge, however, it could fell even an opponent multiple times stronger.

More than likely, he'd catch her eventually, and probably go for her other arm when he did so... but he'd waste a lot of energy doing so, and there was one key factor this man wasn't aware of.

Unlike most fighters, she didn't strictly require a given hand position to use or charge techniques. It made things easier and faster, of course, but her ability to shape ki through sheer force of will was second to none.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 01-18-2021 at 09:13 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    There was a sickening crack as her wrist was crushed, and the sound of tearing flesh and breaking bone as her arm was ripped clean off. And then, to top it all off, she was unceremoniously punted to the ground.

Had she really just been Sarada'd? This was only the second time, after Jagam, that she had been... disarmed. Well now...

Not that she was angry. In fact, she was excited.

Gritting her teeth, she fought through the pain and shot up, blood spilling out of her... stump. Weaving her ki together, she formed a skin-tight "bandage" over her wound to stop the bleeding as best she could. time to break out a new technique she'd developed in the time chamber. Two, actually.

She raised her remaining hand, placing her fingers on her forehead. Locking onto Daroga's energy signature, she jumped forward and her form blurred, re-appearing behind him a fair distance. Immediately after... it blurred again, and she re-appeared to his left. Again, it blurred, and she reappeared again.

Again and again, this repeated, until numerous after-images of the Saiyaness surrounded Daroga. This was a... combination, one might say, of the stock afterimage technique and the instant transmission. It was a simple trick, and one that had no real use besides buying time.

And time is precisely what she needed. Little by little, every time she appeared, she was adding a bit of ki to an attack that she'd developed in the chamber--one that just so happened to require a significant amount of time to charge and was primarily charged in the same hand position used to perform instant transmission--index and middle finger on the forehead. With enough charge, however, it could fell even an opponent multiple times stronger.

More than likely, he'd catch her eventually, and probably go for her other arm when he did so... but he'd waste a lot of energy doing so, and there was one key factor this man wasn't aware of.

Unlike most fighters, she didn't strictly require a given hand position to use or charge techniques. It made things easier and faster, of course, but her ability to shape ki through sheer force of will was second to none.
    Daroga kept one hand on the still bleeding wound as he watched Tasure teleport here and there. He had to admit, the Saiyans' tenacity was not overstated. Even with one arm and badly injured, she still rose and fought. Normally, he would have been honored to fight such a villain; this time, it was only irritating.

His eyes followed her as she teleported around, but he quickly realized the follow in that tactic. She was leaving behind afterimages; after a while, it was impossible to determine through sight alone where she was. With his ki quickly dropping, he actually had to devote some attention to his ki sense to lock onto her fleeing form.

There!

He found her and just in time. She appeared to be charging some kind of attack. He knew that the girl's attack from before was steadily draining his power somehow, so he was reluctant to get in close. He grunted and opened his mouth. He unleashed a massive omnidirectional sonic attack with the intent of disrupting Tasure's concentration and dispelling her afterimages.

The Dragon's Scream!

Even as he launched his attack, he felt his power drop even more. To his horror, at that point, he was already weaker than Tasure and would soon be weaker than the other one. Damn it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She rolled with the swing and just barely managed to escape with her life. Even still, the tip of the energy blade caught her in the leg and left a long, nasty gash on her upper thigh.

"****!"

"AHaha!" He booted her in the head and then slammed her into the ground.
    Avoca quickly rose to her feet and flew for cover just as Letchee was bearing down on her. She could feel Daroga's power dropping by the second. Good. Tasure was in a good position to finish that one off. All Avoca had to do was wait for Letchee to find himself in the same position and she could do the same.

Suddenly, what appeared to be a mountainous obstacle before they walked through the portal looked more than possible. They could win. They could...

She and Letchee both clapped their hands over their ears as Daroga unleashed his sonic attack. Whatever few panes of glass remained intact from the invasion were shattered. Buildings crumbled apart and showered the battlefield with large pieces of debris. She could feel her ears ringing badly.

"Gah, damn him!" Letchee shrieked.

Avoca noticed that he was just as affected and had an idea.

She squeezed her eyes closed and focused her attention on her ki. Her training with Beatz and Tasure made it so initiating Bidrae was a simple matter that took a significantly shorter time than it did when she first learned it. Her ki suddenly divorced from her body and scattered across the battlefield. Avoca herself took up residence behind a large piece of debris and waited.

When Daroga's scream stopped, Letchee rose to his feet and rubbed his ears. "Grrr, bastard," he growled. "Huh? Where'd she go?" He paused, then locked onto "her" ki signature. "Heh, found you! Ahaha!" With a burst of speed, he blitzed toward her and fired a blast large enough to destroy the city block behind her.

"Wait, what?" he muttered when he felt her ki several yards away. "How'd you escape? Bah, it doesn't matter." He charged at her again, only to find that it was another decoy. "What the hell?"

Avoca laughed silently as he dotted from spot to spot, aimlessly destroying empty spaces and dilapidated buildings, all the while blowing through his energy. His screams of frustration were like sweet music. Don't have too many decoys left. Not that it mattered. His energy had dropped to the point that he was nearly even with Tasure.

Avoca quickly deactivated Bidrae and flew out from her cover. She charged a massive yellow ball of ki and hurled it at Letchee, who was only just then turning around when he sensed her energy.

"Wha-" he managed before getting caught up in her Death Spore Bomb. The initial explosion swept him up like a tidal wave. Smaller blasts broke off when it detonated and spread out like shrapnel. "Argh!" he yelled out as he was engulfed in over a dozen explosions.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-18-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke, even as you watch the sensation of the Sound fades. You do however get the impression of something within the sound before it fades. A power you could only translate to: Will.

Zaofan, your Comms reach anyone who is on Earth right now.

Dash and Praxat both respond with okays and their location.
    Ochazuke reached after the fleeting tone, far too late it seemed to discern what it had been. True magic, coalesced into a form that could be wielded, kith and kin to Eldfen's very nature. Was it intuition that guided his hand? No, not his alone; and yet how recklessly had he struck out at the Dragon.

The full effect he'd yet to discern, but therein was a remainter of a thing resolute. Will What a cryptic message that was.

Silently, he studied the Forger's instrument in his hand. Once, Banespell had been an ally to others in the universe. To the Saiyan King Vocado. To the Master of the Ten, Zxu'ro. What could this thing avail them now?

Broken things are useless. Along with the absence of Grinthorn, Inanna's sentiments still left their mark in his thoughts.

"It will do no good to linger here," Ochazuke decided, "We'll regroup with the others and ascertain the condition of the Earth from the Lookout...and tend to what had transpired there."

"...right, good to hear from you, hah hah," Zaofan sounded off as he began to collect a few responses, happy just to get a response on the other end. Always reliable, that Capsule tech! Still, he kept cycling through the channels, searching for Etrina.

"Oh! Master Balon!" Zaofan suddenly remembered himself. The shock of being thrown back home so suddenly, he was content just taking it all in...only for a moment, however. It was early in the season, and yet the subtropical air carried the utterances of thousands of tiny voices across the misty air.

This is what they had to protect.

If they didn't who would?

It takes a moment for Inanna to correct herself after nearly stumbling, at which point all she can say is... "Huh." She'd expected to be somewhere on the other side of living, but... couldn't protest being here now that she was.
    “Lampton has volunteered you for training with me. I assure you’ve never trained like what we are about to. Please, power up as much as you can.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke reached after the fleeting tone, far too late it seemed to discern what it had been. True magic, coalesced into a form that could be wielded, kith and kin to Eldfen's very nature. Was it intuition that guided his hand? No, not his alone; and yet how recklessly had he struck out at the Dragon.

The full effect he'd yet to discern, but therein was a remainter of a thing resolute. Will What a cryptic message that was.

Silently, he studied the Forger's instrument in his hand. Once, Banespell had been an ally to others in the universe. To the Saiyan King Vocado. To the Master of the Ten, Zxu'ro. What could this thing avail them now?

Broken things are useless. Along with the absence of Grinthorn, Inanna's sentiments still left their mark in his thoughts.

"It will do no good to linger here," Ochazuke decided, "We'll regroup with the others and ascertain the condition of the Earth from the Lookout...and tend to what had transpired there."

"...right, good to hear from you, hah hah," Zaofan sounded off as he began to collect a few responses, happy just to get a response on the other end. Always reliable, that Capsule tech! Still, he kept cycling through the channels, searching for Etrina.

"Oh! Master Balon!" Zaofan suddenly remembered himself. The shock of being thrown back home so suddenly, he was content just taking it all in...only for a moment, however. It was early in the season, and yet the subtropical air carried the utterances of thousands of tiny voices across the misty air.

Balon is walking towards them, surprised but delighted to see them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Lampton has volunteered you for training with me. I assure you’ve never trained like what we are about to. Please, power up as much as you can.”
    Inanna did so, though there wasn't much for her to power up to.

"After burning through his gift, I'm about as strong as I'll get for now."

Arx Inosaan

Inanna did so, though there wasn't much for her to power up to.

"After burning through his gift, I'm about as strong as I'll get for now."
    Cleos nods.

“More please. Is this all you bring to bear? Nothing else?”

OT: Is this her standard Ki or has she added any of her accessory powers yet? Ruination, Hakai, etc....?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Cleos nods.

“More please. Is this all you bring to bear? Nothing else?”

OT: Is this her standard Ki or has she added any of her accessory powers yet? Ruination, Hakai, etc....?
    "All I've got, sad to say. Which is why I'm here..."

OT: From what I understood there was never a degree of separation, just her suppressing her power... due to Beerus levels of laziness. When she's not being lazy she's a match for the SSJ2s on raw power, essentially. Loses because she's not nearly as skilled and doesn't have as many useful abilities.

Arx Inosaan

"All I've got, sad to say. Which is why I'm here..."

OT: From what I understood there was never a degree of separation, just her suppressing her power... due to Beerus levels of laziness. When she's not being lazy she's a match for the SSJ2s on raw power, essentially. Loses because she's not nearly as skilled and doesn't have as many useful abilities.
    “Hmm......flare your power. From lowest to highest point. Due this for the next thirty minutes please.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Hmm......flare your power. From lowest to highest point. Due this for the next thirty minutes please.”
    Inanna does so.

Arx Inosaan

Balon is walking towards them, surprised but delighted to see them.
    "Oh! Sensei!" Zaofan stammered, hastily offering a bow before speeding off to see the Last Dragon, "I don't know how, but we're back ahead of schedule, or maybe a little behind...what day is it?"

A deluge of half-formed thoughts spilled out of him. There was so much he wanted to say, about Reshlan, the Ulthan, and the state of life, the universe, and everything, but a few things were quite clear; chiefly among them, that the battles still wore long on his mind, and it was very much a disorienting thing.

"...and just when did this- all this! When did you get time to build this?! Old Master Eskrimato tried to move the Turtles to the city, but this is something else!"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"Zaofan~~" Etrina fiddled with her communicator. "Hello...I heard your voice....Zaofan...." She rolled the device around like a rubix cube and frowned. She really needed to perfect those long distant communication spells.....but given how often everyone else employs either psych-mental gymnastics or outright ignoring long ranged communication to just "pop" over....

Perhaps she'd assign a foci exclusively to Zaofan for these situations in the future.

While she waited for some sort of response, she glanced around at the damage the lookout had sustained. It was....regrettable didn't do it justice.

Eve was dead...struck down by a coward. All the strings of fate she had pulled to bring them together and all the trails they went through, for it to end like this.....she could almost here her mothers bitter laugh in the wind whistling through the ruins. Fate is cruel, especially to the ones that try to pull its strings.

In the distance the wails of a Id filled the air.......not as much for eve, though she was certainly sad about her first and foremost.....but because the side of the lookout that had been decimated had the storehouse.

".....Zaofan....I'm at the lookout and its...the lookout is looking....well..." Etrina paused, then sighed. "Where are you.....answer me. Is this thing even on....?"