Page 231 of 246 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3687
  1. #3451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Eventually, Cortis II appears in the shipsí main view screen, and those with good energy sensing capabilities can already pick up the Frost Demon on the ground, radiating a power close to a Super Saiyan if not more.
    The moment their vessel broke through the atmosphere of this planet, Ochazuke's eyes snapped open from his meditative repose.

    "Over there," he said. A presence that prominent, any of their number would be hard-pressed to ignore.

    Standing to his feet, he pored over the emergent scene.

    "That ki profile is Koorimaru's man," he said.

    Still as their Nevadian ship drew closer to the designated meeting site, Ochazuke scanned for a particular, secondary affect: the Energy of Creation.

  2. #3452
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The moment their vessel broke through the atmosphere of this planet, Ochazuke's eyes snapped open from his meditative repose.

    "Over there," he said. A presence that prominent, any of their number would be hard-pressed to ignore.

    Standing to his feet, he pored over the emergent scene.

    "That ki profile is Koorimaru's man," he said.

    Still as their Nevadian ship drew closer to the designated meeting site, Ochazuke scanned for a particular, secondary affect: the Energy of Creation.
    Right next to the Frost Demon energy, Ochazuke senses Creational Energy reminiscent of Evaís Kami energy.

    That would be Maiz.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #3453
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    A high-pitched hissing sound is heard as an invisible thing decloaks twenty feet away from Inanna and Parsley.

    It looks....unlike anything seen before.



    The amulet hangs from several of its hands.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #3454
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "No, but I could make a very educated guess." Inanna replied before sighing.

    "More and more keeps piling up, one wonders if this is intentional." As Parsley begins doing whatever it is she's doing, Inanna simply sighs before shouting simply. "We're going to rip your entrails out of your ass if you don't make this easy~"
    Hearing that, Parsley could also do the same. If he wasn't a rival Arcosian, and did not appear to be with the Galaxy Police, she could only surmise that a being with this level of skill could only be one of the seven Ulthan Auroc's journal spoke of.

    But why?

    Why kill Koorimaru at such a distance?

    "We have a face. We should be able to connect a name and purpose to it at some point in the near future."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A high-pitched hissing sound is heard as an invisible thing decloaks twenty feet away from Inanna and Parsley.

    It looks....unlike anything seen before.



    The amulet hangs from several of its hands.
    A screech interrupted her thoughts. She wouldn't have figured the person would have been so close. Uncloaked, she beheld... something.

    "What the hell?"

    The creature... It looked like a pitch black cloud of smoke with far too many hands and tendrils. A head not unlike a man's was at the fore, some sort of horrific maw where its mouth should have been. Beady black eyes stared at the two of them.

    Her gaze tore itself from the macabre horror show and drifted down to find the amulet that had been hanging from Koorimaru's neck only moments ago in its clutches.

    "Drop the amulet," she commanded. Her Super Saiyan aura roared to life, its golden luminescence reflecting off the thousands of icy glass shards decorating the cavern walls and floor. "That's your first and last warning."

  5. #3455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Eventually, Cortis II appears in the shipsí main view screen, and those with good energy sensing capabilities can already pick up the Frost Demon on the ground, radiating a power close to a Super Saiyan if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The moment their vessel broke through the atmosphere of this planet, Ochazuke's eyes snapped open from his meditative repose.

    "Over there," he said. A presence that prominent, any of their number would be hard-pressed to ignore.

    Standing to his feet, he pored over the emergent scene.

    "That ki profile is Koorimaru's man," he said.

    Still as their Nevadian ship drew closer to the designated meeting site, Ochazuke scanned for a particular, secondary affect: the Energy of Creation.
    Voyavoda carefully piloted the ship, having taken note of the frost demon's energy signature. Their kind was typically quite strong, but this one was abnormally so. Nothing this group couldn't handle, if it came down to it, but it was still noteworthy.

    The planet was as he remembered it... temperate, and teeming with plant and animal life. The closest comparison he could make, in fact, was Earth... a bit wetter, but still similar enough. The fauna wasn't particular dangerous, either... and it was quite tasty. All-in-all, a damn near perfect place to settle.


    The ship descended, the ground below them a blur of green & blue. He slowed further as they came upon some magnificent ruins, and with practiced ease, set down in a courtyard.


    The ruins were ancient--hundreds, perhaps thousands of years old, and had been long abandoned. Nature had somewhat reclaimed the area, though rather than overwhelming the architecture, it almost seemed to... meld with it. On a peak nearby, clearly visible, were a pair of statues facing each other, their hands clasped in friendship. One was clearly a Saiyan, dressed in an archaic armor style, and the other was, presumably, the Nevadian Emperor.



    The Frost Demon's energy signature was located on that peak.

    Voyavoda powered down the ship into standby and then wordlessly disembarked.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-29-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  6. #3456
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hearing that, Parsley could also do the same. If he wasn't a rival Arcosian, and did not appear to be with the Galaxy Police, she could only surmise that a being with this level of skill could only be one of the seven Ulthan Auroc's journal spoke of.

    But why?

    Why kill Koorimaru at such a distance?

    "We have a face. We should be able to connect a name and purpose to it at some point in the near future."



    A screech interrupted her thoughts. She wouldn't have figured the person would have been so close. Uncloaked, she beheld... something.

    "What the hell?"

    The creature... It looked like a pitch black cloud of smoke with far too many hands and tendrils. A head not unlike a man's was at the fore, some sort of horrific maw where its mouth should have been. Beady black eyes stared at the two of them.

    Her gaze tore itself from the macabre horror show and drifted down to find the amulet that had been hanging from Koorimaru's neck only moments ago in its clutches.

    "Drop the amulet," she commanded. Her Super Saiyan aura roared to life, its golden luminescence reflecting off the thousands of icy glass shards decorating the cavern walls and floor. "That's your first and last warning."
    Inanna eyed Parsley curiously.

    "Since our spar, I've been curious. Could your defenses survive my full strength~?" The woman took a step toward the creature, and smiled. "If you're confident, this can be settled quite quickly should the need arise..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A high-pitched hissing sound is heard as an invisible thing decloaks twenty feet away from Inanna and Parsley.

    It looks....unlike anything seen before.



    The amulet hangs from several of its hands.
    Though there was one thing she wish to try first.

    "Are you friends with Jim, the Demon? If so I'd like to speak to his family and offer my condolences..." the woman said head tilted to the side curiously.

    "More importantly. Are you a servant of She Who Stalks?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  7. #3457
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Voyavoda carefully piloted the ship, having taken note of the frost demon's energy signature. Their kind was typically quite strong, but this one was abnormally so. Nothing this group couldn't handle, if it came down to it, but it was still noteworthy.

    The planet was as he remembered it... temperate, and teeming with plant and animal life. The closest comparison he could make, in fact, was Earth... a bit wetter, but still similar enough. The fauna wasn't particular dangerous, either... and it was quite tasty. All-in-all, a damn near perfect place to settle.


    The ship descended, the ground below them a blur of green & blue. He slowed further as they came upon some magnificent ruins, and with practiced ease, set down in a courtyard.


    The ruins were ancient--hundreds, perhaps thousands of years old, and had been long abandoned. Nature had somewhat reclaimed the area, though rather than overwhelming the architecture, it almost seemed to... meld with it. On a peak nearby, clearly visible, were a pair of statues facing each other, their hands clasped in friendship. One was clearly a Saiyan, dressed in an archaic armor style, and the other was, presumably, the Nevadian Emperor.

    The Frost Demon's energy signature was located on that peak.

    Voyavoda powered down the ship into standby and then wordlessly disembarked.
    For a brief moment, he wondered if they were back on Earth. The magnificent of green and blue was familiar, yet as the details of the land became more apparent, the difference of this world to his own became as such. It felt wilder, but not in the savagery of Earth's youth, but rather that nature still dominated much of the lands. The ruins, overgrown with vegetation was proof of this.

    Standing out of the various energies he felt was one he assumed was their target's.

    Stepping out behind their mysterious (or at least to him) pilot, he stretched briefly.

  8. #3458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Voyavoda carefully piloted the ship, having taken note of the frost demon's energy signature. Their kind was typically quite strong, but this one was abnormally so. Nothing this group couldn't handle, if it came down to it, but it was still noteworthy.

    The planet was as he remembered it... temperate, and teeming with plant and animal life. The closest comparison he could make, in fact, was Earth... a bit wetter, but still similar enough. The fauna wasn't particular dangerous, either... and it was quite tasty. All-in-all, a damn near perfect place to settle.


    The ship descended, the ground below them a blur of green & blue. He slowed further as they came upon some magnificent ruins, and with practiced ease, set down in a courtyard.


    The ruins were ancient--hundreds, perhaps thousands of years old, and had been long abandoned. Nature had somewhat reclaimed the area, though rather than overwhelming the architecture, it almost seemed to... meld with it. On a peak nearby, clearly visible, were a pair of statues facing each other, their hands clasped in friendship. One was clearly a Saiyan, dressed in an archaic armor style, and the other was, presumably, the Nevadian Emperor.
    Ochazuke continued to pore over the landscape silently as they landed, his eyes narrowing over the emergent horizon through their descent. The short lurch in their ship's decline into an atmosphere thick with parting precipitation revealed the green world beneath, and as they drew closer to this wild place, what had seemed uninhabited at first glance slowly broke away in the shape of civilization.

    A Saiyan. And this, an antique Nevadian, perhaps? From what Voyavoda had told him before they departed, the connection seemed obvious enough. The Emperor, Vocado. His glimpse turned, then lingered for a moment upon his nevadian counterpart's weather-worn features.

    The Frost Demon's energy signature was located on that peak.

    Voyavoda powered down the ship into standby and then wordlessly disembarked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    For a brief moment, he wondered if they were back on Earth. The magnificent of green and blue was familiar, yet as the details of the land became more apparent, the difference of this world to his own became as such. It felt wilder, but not in the savagery of Earth's youth, but rather that nature still dominated much of the lands. The ruins, overgrown with vegetation was proof of this.

    Standing out of the various energies he felt was one he assumed was their target's.

    Stepping out behind their mysterious (or at least to him) pilot, he stretched briefly.
    Setting out with his companions, when he had exited the ship the first thing that struck Ochazuke was just how different the untamed air here was from burning Reshlan. Temperate, light with the scent of cypress, seeing the ruin was enough to give him total pause. How nostalgic and familiar an atmosphere this was.

    Doubtless many mysteries linger there in the derelict...but that is not why we are here.

    "Everything appears as it had been arranged," he noted, "nevertheless, our priority is the Guardian."

    Closing his eyes with a deep breath of that air so like distant Earth's, Ochazuke put his efforts into establishing a field of sense-awareness, resonating with the planet through Muhen Sekai Keihatsu in an effort to ensure that they had been alone.

    "Our intermediary ought to be good for his master's errand, but if he seeks trouble" he said, with a particularly pointed glance at...Charco. "Be on your guard."

  9. #3459
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna eyed Parsley curiously.

    "Since our spar, I've been curious. Could your defenses survive my full strength~?" The woman took a step toward the creature, and smiled. "If you're confident, this can be settled quite quickly should the need arise..."
    Parsley was far stronger than she was during their spar that happened only half a day ago, at best. Plus, she knew of a few techniques that would allow her to bolster her durability enough, just in case that strength wasn't enough on its own. "I'm confident I'll survive well enough."

    Though there was one thing she wish to try first.

    "Are you friends with Jim, the Demon? If so I'd like to speak to his family and offer my condolences..." the woman said head tilted to the side curiously.

    "More importantly. Are you a servant of She Who Stalks?"
    She raised an eyebrow at the mention of whoever this Jim was, only to then narrow her eyes when she mentioned She Who Stalks. It was a good guess. This creature was far too... out there to be allied with any conventional antagonist they had ever met, and she doubted it was a native creature of this world.

    'Interesting. As soon as we get that amulet, we need to return it to Night without delay. It's too dangerous to let fall into the wrong hands again.'

  10. #3460
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    The creature opens its mouth, and a thousand mournful voices echo within their minds in response.

    Yes.’

    The voice is gender neutral, but the presence of so many seemed to indicate a....large host of something within the creature.

    It cocks it’s head, dark eyes watching them. One hand gestures toward itself.

    ‘Shadowjack, He who Watches. Goddess. Princess. Too late. Prize is my mistresses.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #3461
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke continued to pore over the landscape silently as they landed, his eyes narrowing over the emergent horizon through their descent. The short lurch in their ship's decline into an atmosphere thick with parting precipitation revealed the green world beneath, and as they drew closer to this wild place, what had seemed uninhabited at first glance slowly broke away in the shape of civilization.

    A Saiyan. And this, an antique Nevadian, perhaps? From what Voyavoda had told him before they departed, the connection seemed obvious enough. The Emperor, Vocado. His glimpse turned, then lingered for a moment upon his nevadian counterpart's weather-worn features.





    Setting out with his companions, when he had exited the ship the first thing that struck Ochazuke was just how different the untamed air here was from burning Reshlan. Temperate, light with the scent of cypress, seeing the ruin was enough to give him total pause. How nostalgic and familiar an atmosphere this was.

    Doubtless many mysteries linger there in the derelict...but that is not why we are here.

    "Everything appears as it had been arranged," he noted, "nevertheless, our priority is the Guardian."

    Closing his eyes with a deep breath of that air so like distant Earth's, Ochazuke put his efforts into establishing a field of sense-awareness, resonating with the planet through Muhen Sekai Keihatsu in an effort to ensure that they had been alone.

    "Our intermediary ought to be good for his master's errand, but if he seeks trouble" he said, with a particularly pointed glance at...Charco. "Be on your guard."
    They are.

    Only the Frost Demon and Maiz are with them on the planet.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #3462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They are.

    Only the Frost Demon and Maiz are with them on the planet.
    Shortly, Ochazuke made his way to the top of the peak where the Arcosian had landed, and saw him with Maiz at his side.

    "We're here for the Guardian."

  13. #3463
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The creature opens its mouth, and a thousand mournful voices echo within their minds in response.

    Yes.’

    The voice is gender neutral, but the presence of so many seemed to indicate a....large host of something within the creature.

    It cocks it’s head, dark eyes watching them. One hand gestures toward itself.

    ‘Shadowjack, He who Watches. Goddess. Princess. Too late. Prize is my mistresses.’
    Parsley raised an eyebrow. A cacophony of slain voices spoke at once, an orchestra of melancholy that scratched at her brain like an itch that couldn't be scratched no matter how hard she tried to reach it. This creature, this Shadowjack, was an legion. That much was obvious. They appeared to have an assembly of souls within its person. Perhaps they were its victims, or rather the victims of its creator that were then melded into one abominable creature.

    She was curious, and she had confidence that Inanna could end things right away if need be. All she had to do was stall.

    "The voices," she said to it. "Are those your victims or are you some kind of hellish creation? And what does your mistress want with the amulet?"

  14. #3464
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Shortly, Ochazuke made his way to the top of the peak where the Arcosian had landed, and saw him with Maiz at his side.

    "We're here for the Guardian."
    The Arcosian, in its taller and more muscular second form, is pale as snow and wears a strange black metal mask. It nods and gestures, Maia’s body floating toward Ochazuke.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #3465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They are.

    Only the Frost Demon and Maiz are with them on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Shortly, Ochazuke made his way to the top of the peak where the Arcosian had landed, and saw him with Maiz at his side.

    "We're here for the Guardian."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Arcosian, in its taller and more muscular second form, is pale as snow and wears a strange black metal mask. It nods and gestures, Maia’s body floating toward Ochazuke.
    Voyavoda followed, touching down just after and behind Ochazuke. The guardian seemed alright, at least on the surface... but looks could be deceiving, as they say. It would be a shame if all this went off seemingly without a hitch, only for some sort of trojan horse to be placed in their midst.

    His eyes shone red as he activated his Shingan and focused on Maiz, trying to see any abnormalities in her ki and body... or in general, anything that did not belong inside of her. Given the man's cautious, observant nature, he believed Ochazuke would use his own powers of observation to do the same. Between the two of them, very little, he believed, would be able to escape their notice and slip into their midst.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •