Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Knight grunts as he is flung out of the room. A moment later, his helmet rolls in as he’s been knocked unconscious.
    Dissipating the staff extension, Zaofan prodded the helmet, before allowing himself a reprieve. Leaning on his staff, he winced as he nursed the wound on his shoulder.

The Queen of Reshlan is secure. Came the psychic reverb, though with what little feedback he could pick up on the other side, who knows if they were of a mind to respond? For now, she was his responsibility, and he'd already bungled his first impression.

"Okay, let's do this one last time." Zaofan cleared his throat. "I'm from Earth, came here with a few good friends of mine to see about Auroc. I've made the acquaintance of your daughter as well, rather fond of the well-done Sierra Cuts."

Pausing for a moment, he suddenly remembered himself as hurried over to offer her a hand up.

"The name's Zaofan, your majesty. How do you do?"

The Silver Knight falls limp as you examine the rune.

It’s been stamped deep into the planet, and tied back to the Maven and Auroc. Seems either can trigger it. The triggering range is within 100 miles it seems.

He also finds that if either are killed, potentially the shock of it could trigger the tune to go off. Possibly.
    When Nevanlinna had told him that Auroc's presence had been woven into the very foundations of the Threshling world, he hadn't thought that the statement would be quite this literal.

"Auroc has a measure built for mutually assured destruction, should he or his Maven fall," Ochazuke relayed to the others. "If a protracted battle does not go their way, they claim to have the means to preserve their consciousnesses, even if their bodies and very world should crumble."

As they had seen on Baradur, Vocado and Earth, they very much had the means to seize a new world. And they may not encounter such resistance...should they succeed.

With the area secure - at least for now - Ochazuke, ever mindful of the flashes of power on the surface level, sat near the magical seal. The language remained cryptic to him, but the length and issue of its power he could infer.

"Held, Etrina, where are you? I'm going to attempt to neutralize the ward*."

__

Overhearing the chatter on the Comm, Zaofan's eyes widened.

"...this is rather abrupt," he said to the Queen, "but I don't suppose you can help us, to help you?"

OOC:

*Genki Charge: 1
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-16-2020 at 08:18 PM.