Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 394
  1. #181
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Finally, Avoca made it to the capital. The streets were dead silent. Bars and buildings normally filled with raucous and rowdy Saiyans were empty. The evacuation turned the planet into a ghost town. Even if there were no other Saiyans besides them there, at least there weren't any of those Threshling fucks around.

    She stepped a foot on the main street and sighed. She walked these streets up and down for years. This planet was her home and she had never seen it invaded. The closest time was when those two chucklefuck Frost Demons tried to nuke from space before Sarada shoved her foot up their asses at the same time. Avoca could have helped, but it was over by the time she even got there. Most people weren't even phased by what happened. For them to be so willing to turn and evacuate, and so quickly, it was out of character. And yet... she couldn't help but be glad so many knew what was good for them. Likely, witnessing so many get killed and turned so easily made people realize that the thrill of fighting a stronger opponent wasn't worth it. Not this time. Better to run and stay out of the stronger people's way than die and make already overwhelming odds even worse.

    She could have joined them, but didn't. In hindsight, ignoring the almost insurmountable urge to escape was the best decision she had made in a while. Sarada was safe.

    When she entered the palace, the sound of the doors opening to let her in echoed down the halls. I thought she escaped with everyone else, she thought. It was Maiz's responsibility to make sure everyone got away safely. That, apparently, didn't include her. Or, perhaps she just didn't want to leave until this was dealt with. Either way, she was gone.

    A twinge was apprehension gripped her chest. How was she going to explain this to Parsley? To Sarada? To everyone? Sarada was safe, but at the cost of their Guardian and moral compass. It was either they lose their Queen and strongest defender, or their Guardian. It was an impossible choice to make, and Avoca just made the one she felt was best.

    Maybe Parsley wouldn't accept that. She already knew Sarada wouldn't.

    She sighed again and set Sarada on the ground when she reached the interplanetary transport room. There were seven transport platforms that each led to one of the Saiyan worlds. One, Turrip, was out of commission. Avoca chose the one for Ruco and quickly activated it. It hummed to life, generating a dull white light at the bottom and top. In the center, it seemed that the air was warping violently, as if caught in a heatwave.

    'Come to Ruco when you're done,' she told Inanna before picking Sarada back up and stepping onto the platform. Seconds later, her form vanished from sight.
    And in a flash the two vanish, Sarada safe.

    For now.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #182
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah guess ah gotta go after them, but ah can't leave you like this. But ah guess you gotta protect her." Dash hated decisions like this, "Can you hold out here a little longer? Or should ah try and get you both outta here first?"

    He nods.

    “I’ll...stay here. I’m....stubborn.”

    He grins a bloody grin.

    “Get...going.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #183
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The warrior takes the blast, but the armor seems to hold up. He lunges, lance at the ready to skewer Lantro.
    Lantro raised one hand to parry the lance with another Foul Shot, while he raised the other hand to draw out another orb of earth with his Nega-Dunk, firing below the knight.

  4. #184
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He nods.

    “I’ll...stay here. I’m....stubborn.”

    He grins a bloody grin.

    “Get...going.”
    "Right. Ah'll be back as soon as ah can." with that, Dash heads back outside into the corridor, pausing long enough to remember where the entrance to the elevator to the geofront was.

    Once orientated, she moved quickly in that direction.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  5. #185
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The elevator heading down into the Geofront has been torn open, the long shaft heading down empty. To get down sheís have to fly down.
    After waiting for Totoma, the Geofront greeted them with the sight of a demolished elevator. With only an empty shaft as their way down, Shōchū simply dove down, utilizing her flight in order to control her eventual descent.

  6. #186
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Right. Ah'll be back as soon as ah can." with that, Dash heads back outside into the corridor, pausing long enough to remember where the entrance to the elevator to the geofront was.

    Once orientated, she moved quickly in that direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    After waiting for Totoma, the Geofront greeted them with the sight of a demolished elevator. With only an empty shaft as their way down, Shōchū simply dove down, utilizing her flight in order to control her eventual descent.
    Approaching the access to the Geofront, Dash slowed down as she quickly realized that others had already arrived there. As she paused, she also sensed Praxat nearby though she couldn't see her.

    Not wanting to wait, she approached slowly, taking in the sight of the damaged elevator and at least one, maybe two people diving inside.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  7. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She finds him, wounded, speaking with Dash.
    Praxat approaches Wilhelm and Wilhelm would see her eyes glowing blue." Wilhelm, I heard everything, and I'm glad you're injuries aren't life-threatening. If only I was here earlier?" Praxat said.

    Praxat clutches her right hand into a fist. " Maybe things would have been different? Well, no time to dwell on what-ifs," Praxat said.

    " Wilhelm, I'm going to go after the bastards who did this, and I promise I will make them pay!" Praxat said. Sensing Dash, Praxat quickly hurries towards her direction. .

  8. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was during her approach to the Geofront that her indicators alerted her to a new presence entering the Capsule Corps building. Unlike the human, Dash, or Toadian, Praxat, Shōchū recognized this one. Totoma, otherwise known as the Just Saiyan. In her childhood, she had admired the hero second only to her cousin; ironically, he would be one of the first to fall to her hands after the Beast had assimilated her.

    Irrationally, she initially feared that he had returned for vengeance, only to remind herself that this was not her timeline. These were not the same people she had known before... no matter how much she subconsciously tried replacing them with. Taking in a deep breath, she paused, waiting for the half-Saiyan to reach this point. Whereas she had declined to follow the other two in order to cover more ground, she had gained as much intel as she could from her search leaving only the Geofront and whatever remained there. If Totoma was to help them, then it would be pointless to make him go through the same search as she had.

    "Greetings," She would declare, a tad bit more stoically than she'd liked, however, and continued, "All civilians have been evacuated, leaving only the Geofront."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Inside her realm, Luop gently starts doing what he can to heal and stabilize Nevalinna as well.

    “Come on, Milady. You performed magnificently and must now recover.”

    Warmth fills her as he starts sharing his life force and energy with her.

    ——

    Totoma makes it through swiftly, noting the presence of Wilhelm, Dash, Praxat, and Shōchū.

    He notes Wilhelm’s I hired energy aura and also sees civilians running past that Shōchū had saved.

    Between Luop's efforts and Vaikuntha's natural healing properties, Nevanlinna quickly stabilized, her consciousness returning to her. She was certainly in no shape to rejoin the fight, but at the very least, she would live to fight another day. Not many who stood against a (self-proclaimed) god could say that.

    Seri wiped away the tears that had formed in her eyes. "I'm so glad... I thought you were going to..." She sniffled, then changed to a more happy subject, at least for a saiyan: battle! "...I knew you were strong, but not that strong. You've been holding out on everyone! You went toe-to-toe with that bubblegum baddie!"

    Nevanlinna laughed, immediately wincing at the pain that followed. "Auroc... my people's false god. And I must confess that I was on the back foot the entire battle. Thankfully, I proved enough of a distraction to give Ish--Inanna a chance to strike a decisive blow. To the both of us." She sighed. "Ah, if only I had that 'Zankai' ability you saiyans possess..."

    She remained silent for a moment, then addressed Luop. "My apologies for requesting you remain in Vaikuntha for this battle. I know it could not have been an easy request to fulfill, but this was a matter I felt that I needed to face this on my own. And... in truth, it is prudent to keep forces in reserve."

    Turning to the magical viewing... screen that the others had been using--she or those given the correction permissions could view things outside an 'entrance' to vaikuntha, within a certain distance--she noticed that the halfbreed's mother had arrived and gone super saiyan. "Hmph, that one too? It would seem that there is a proliferation of super saiyans as of late... how curious." Focusing, she tried to get a sense of Tasure's power. Being in another realm of existence, it would be less accurate than if she were present on the battlefield, but...

    "Hm. Her power is certainly impressive, but... decidedly inferior to the heights I and the others displayed," she said. "Though she is fresh and quite skilled, so perhaps that will be enough... but... hm.... my knight, would you perhaps go and support them? I am stabilized enough that Vaikuntha's healing effects shall suffice for my recovery."


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Totoma stepped aside to give the civilians an open avenue of escape. It seems that the others had already made good progress on the task at hand, and Shochu addressing him only confirmed it.

    ...it also scared him a bit because he hadn't been expecting her to be right there. After composing himself, he turned to the girl, flashing her a smile. "Well done... ah... yes, Shochu, was it? The warrior from the dismal future, as I recall. Sorry we didn't have a chance to get acquainted when you first arrived, but I had... uh, stuff to attend to back then."

    He cleared his throat, then began introducing himself. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am the hope of the universe, the defender of light and justice..." As he spoke, he struck a heroic pose...



    "...I am... the Juuuuuust Saiyan!"

    Yeah, nailed it.

    After a moment, he returned to a normal standing position, then followed Shochu down the elevator shaft. "But friends call me Totoma... or Zhu Rousong, my earthling name. So, what's going on here, anyway? I left my communicator at home and only knew something was going on here because I sensed you guys heading here and then... just... disappear. Too weird not to investigate."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 01-18-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  9. #189
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Approaching the access to the Geofront, Dash slowed down as she quickly realized that others had already arrived there. As she paused, she also sensed Praxat nearby though she couldn't see her.

    Not wanting to wait, she approached slowly, taking in the sight of the damaged elevator and at least one, maybe two people diving inside.
    Moving in closer, Dash looks down into the shaft then lifts off the ground before moving over the opening. Flipping herself like a diver off of a platform so that she could go down head first, she flies through the damaged elevator shaft towards the bottom.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #190
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    And in a flash the two vanish, Sarada safe.

    For now.
    Ruco, despite the insanity that was taking place on Vocado, was still paradise. The teleportation node leading from Vocado was located near the beach, giving Avoca a view of the crystal clear waters that was slowly washing up onto the sandy white beaches. Yet, unlike in normal times when the beaches would have been filled to capacity with people of all different races, they were empty. Much like Kakarot City and the royal palace, there wasn't a person to be found anywhere. Yet, unlike Vocado and the barren wasteland that was the capital, she knew there were people there. Her senses picked up a clump of people not too far from where she materialized.

    The beach turned into a small hill, on the other side of which were a gaggle of voices all attempting to talk over one another. There were too many to attempt to suss out any kind of subject or direction the conversation was going, but they all sounded angry. But the kind of anger that was used expertly to mask other, weaker feelings like anxiety and even fear. The news Threshling invasion traveled fast once the survivors of the initial attack were shuffled away to other planets. She wouldn't have been surprised if everyone in the Empire was aware of the plight on the throne world.

    Avoca reached the top of the hill and witnessed hundreds of people crowding around one person. That one person was Becbaga, the former ruler of both Vocado and Langal. She was attempting to assuage their concerns, and was failing miserably.

    The new power at the top of the hill attracted everyone's attention, and soon all eyes were on Avoca and the person she was cradling with uncharacteristic gentleness in her arms. "What the," the woman in charge uttered in sheer disbelief. Two men broke from the crowd and sprinted up the hill while Becbaga roused herself from her stupor. "What the hell happened?"

    "Vocado was invaded," she answered simply before handing Sarada off to the men so they could take her to a healing tank in the viceroy's home. "Before you ask, it wasn't Tundra. It was a creature named Auroc, a supposed god of a race called the Threshling." Unsurprisingly, she saw and heard nothing but confusion.

    "Another enemy?!" someone shouted. "Just how many of these assholes want to kill us?" someone else asked without a hint of irony.

    Avoca wasn't as insightful as Parsley, but she could easily see the growing unease among the masses. Between the attacks on and destruction of Turrip, the attack by the two Frost Demons, Sarada's near assassination, and then the attack by Tundra's two henchmen, people were beyond tired of constantly being attacked for the sins of their grandparents. Or, perhaps their own sins. It seemed that it was never going to end until their entire race was wiped from existence. Avoca herself didn't see any other way out, not against wave after wave of embittered victims turned aggressors.

    "Not this time. His target was Sarada herself and her unborn child. She's safe now, but Parsley and Inanna are fighting him off as I speak. I don't know how they're doing." A part of her really wanted to go back and help anyway she could. The larger part knew she'd only get in the way. It was the kind of internal struggle she despised. She knew her common sense was right, but accepting it and acquiescing would only get her view as weak and cowardly. Yet, succumbing to those fears would get her killed for certain.

    As if reading her mind -- her perhaps her body language -- the older Saiyan woman looked her up and down. "You should head back. If it's an invasion, they need all the help they can get."

    With a half sigh, half growl, she balled her fist. "I... I don't know if Auroc can follow me here or not. I'd better stay, just in case. Besides... I'd... just get in the way."

    If she was expecting some sage words of kind wisdom, she was sorely disappointed. "Fine," was all the reply she got before Becbaga walked away. Slowly, the crowd filtered away, begrudgingly accepting of her explanation. Soon, she was the only person left by the hill.

    Luckily, no one thought to ask about Maiz. She didn't have the heart to tell them she was taken. If that could be resolved before anyone found out, that would be great.

    She gave one last look at the beach before turning and heading for the viceroy's home to sit by Sarada's healing pod. Hurry up, Parsley.

  11. #191
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Lantro raised one hand to parry the lance with another Foul Shot, while he raised the other hand to draw out another orb of earth with his Nega-Dunk, firing below the knight.
    Parrying the lance, the Knight is blasted upwards by Lantroís second attack.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #192
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat approaches Wilhelm and Wilhelm would see her eyes glowing blue." Wilhelm, I heard everything, and I'm glad you're injuries aren't life-threatening. If only I was here earlier?" Praxat said.

    Praxat clutches her right hand into a fist. " Maybe things would have been different? Well, no time to dwell on what-ifs," Praxat said.

    " Wilhelm, I'm going to go after the bastards who did this, and I promise I will make them pay!" Praxat said. Sensing Dash, Praxat quickly hurries towards her direction. .
    He grunts an acknowledgment and readies his weapon just in case.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #193
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,521

    Default

    Inside the Geofront:


    Those going down the elevator shaft reach, eventually, the bottom and find the broad, artificial sky and landscape of the Geofront seemingly unbroken.

    In the distance they can see the lab area Jinzi keeps down here, and then a plume of smoke erupts from it as a loud explosion Ian heard from there.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #194
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Inside the Geofront:


    Those going down the elevator shaft reach, eventually, the bottom and find the broad, artificial sky and landscape of the Geofront seemingly unbroken.

    In the distance they can see the lab area Jinzi keeps down here, and then a plume of smoke erupts from it as a loud explosion Ian heard from there.
    "Jinzi's gonna be p*****" Dash speaks under her breath as she throws up a shield around herself and moves in quickly towards the lab, staying alert as she does.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He grunts an acknowledgment and readies his weapon just in case.
    After going down the elevator shaft, the explosion catches Praxat's attention. ( Well that's not a good sign,) Praxat thought. Without hesitation, Praxat hurries towards the lab area of the Geofront.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •