Page 155 of 371 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5560
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Noble keeps up and lunges artfully, rapier aimed at Held’s neck.
    The Nevadian could sense the enemies malice, the Noble somehow managing to keep up with the blistering pace set by the Nevadian. His presence loomed large over Held.

It mattered little.

If the Noble were blessed with omniscience, he perhaps would have seen the Nevadian smile slightly. He was not expecting the Noble to be of such preternatural speeds, but a Unicorn was to be hunted at ones own peril.

With a grunt of effort, the Nevadian at once ceased his his breakneck speed, slamming on the breaks and staggering to a halt. He thrusts his weapons outwards, away from his body.

Unicorn's Mane Rejects Destruction!

The Nevadian curled into a ball as his hair rapidly grow at length, protruding outwards, shattering the bindings that held his hair in place. It covered his entire body--save his arms, extended before him as he Held his weapons of choice-- in a protective shell of hair, hard and sturdy enough to earn Katchins respect. Almost as swiftly as the shell had formed, spines grew from the hair, turning the Nevadian Orb into a spiked ball, with each protrusion over a yard long.

Perhaps, had he not followed so closely, his would have had more time to evade--It would be far more difficult now. To make matters worse for his assailant, the combination of factors--the Nevadians sudden stop, and the Nobles continuing momentum, would ensure that the latter fell upon the spines with a force multiplied by the force of his collision with the Nevadian.

Between the two, you see multiple intricate layers to the spell work, and it does indeed go far into the planets surface.

There does not appear to be a weakness that can be exploited, save perhaps a changing of the runic structure. Such an art is dangerous and must be done with excellent precision, however.
    A bead of sweat fell from Ochazuke's headband as the enormity of the task revealed itself.

"Structure..."

"Hey everybody~!" Zaofan, walking in as he supported the Queen of Reshlan, greeted the two of them. His voice had picked up a small stammer and his face flushed bright red, and as sure as Nevanlinna's mother had sure footing, he walked away from her side and let out a long exhale.

"...oh dear, uh this is um..." the chef grit his teeth and rubbed his neck. The last time he saw something like this, a good chunk of the Northern Continent went under the ice shelf. He turned to the Queen, "Uh...can I get a second opinion...?"

The spear cuts the absorbing tethers, the rest of the bodies slumping down to the ground, but alive.

When Held plunges the spear down, a pulse of energy ripples through the ground and all around him, with his heightened senses, he can hear a faint scream of anger as the Unicorn’s purity lances into the leylines.

Held can also see in his minds eye the pulsing energy in each building where the rest of the populace lay hostage, slowly being drained. In fact, in was possible every person on the planet could be being drained even now.
    Tracing the path of the Planetary Rune array, at least one source of the spells power was at last revealed to Ochazuke.

Structure...

"Anything I can do to help?"

"If we're going to counter-attack, we'll need to harness the planet's power...what remains of it apart from Auroc's influence," Ochazuke replied, his head bowed as he traced the path of these energy tethers from one Threshling layperson to the next.

Without further ado, Zaofan raised his hands and started gathering energy with a silent plea, and little whisps began to gather in the corridor towards them.

"It's not much, but I'll try to ease the burden," he said, "If he's trying to drain the planet, maybe we can unite it instead."

OOC: Genki Charge: 3

Default Meanwhile, on Earth

Finally. Finally he had gotten these brats to sleep.

To spite his other, he had given these little fuckers sugar-laced candies and... immediately regretted it. How mere toddlers could achieve such velocities and agility, he had no idea. After quite some time chasing them--and then sigh, reading them many bedtime stories--they had finally fallen asleep.

And, asleep, they almost seemed... angelic.

A ruse to lure in the unsuspecting.

The Emperor rose from his temporary throne--a brightly-colored children's chair--and left the room. He had repaired the damage his idiot alternate had done to himself during all that chaos and, since he sensed that the moron was still on planet, it was time to switch back.

He had reconsidered leaving his immaculately-trained body in that reckless fool's hands. Especially against a foe such as Tundra. Judging from the flare-up in power earlier... he couldn't even bring out the full extent of the body's abilities outside the time chamber.

As he entered the kitchen, Bekon looked up from a book he'd been reading. "You look like you're heading off somewhere."

Rousong remained silent for a moment, then answered. "Business. I'll be back."

Without giving his alternate father a chance to respond, Rousong exited the house and took to the air. He knew that if he stayed and talked, that man would figure out that he was not his son. Not exactly. Likely, due to the lack of Kizuna and his energy having a different 'feel'--and because of lack of effort put into acting like that idiot--he already suspected something was up.

It didn't matter. Not one bit. He'd done what he'd wanted to do.

...although in the back of his mind, there was a nagging feeling. Regret? He'd almost become a father once... would it have been like that? That sugar rush powerup of theirs had been annoying, and yet it had been... enjoyable in a way.

Sighing, the Emperor pushed those thoughts out of his mind...
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

Between the two, you see multiple intricate layers to the spell work, and it does indeed go far into the planets surface.

There does not appear to be a weakness that can be exploited, save perhaps a changing of the runic structure. Such an art is dangerous and must be done with excellent precision, however.
    Tracing the path of the Planetary Rune array, at least one source of the spells power was at last revealed to Ochazuke.

Structure...

"If we're going to counter-attack, we'll need to harness the planet's power...what remains of it apart from Auroc's influence," Ochazuke replied, his head bowed as he traced the path of these energy tethers from one Threshling layperson to the next.

Without further ado, Zaofan raised his hands and started gathering energy with a silent plea, and little whisps began to gather in the corridor towards them.

"It's not much, but I'll try to ease the burden," he said, "If he's trying to drain the planet, maybe we can unite it instead."
    The little foci slowly hovered overhead, then zipped over to another area, then back over to another.

".....We can work with this....maybe.....no, definitely. There is still some room to manipulate this....but it'll have to be done with the skill of a master magic user......Hufufufufufufu.....How unfortunate for the bubble gum king!" The little foci put her hand under her mouth and laughed loudly.

"....But first...how to spoil his day....lets see..." The foci looked to what functions of the rune could be changed. "........wait....waaaiiit.....what we got here is a big bomb....but perhaps....with the right adjustment we can decide what it'll blow away. Something physical like a planet.....or something not physical....like.....a dumb useless already been chewed trash god's influence." The foci slapped her two little hands together. "Turn it into a Auroc Buster....something that will blow away his influence on EVERYBODY on the planet at once."

"We'll need to get the other foci and Big E down here.....any spell crafters actually. The more the better." The red foci send a mental message to her master somewhere above and the other foci. "I could do it myself.....but I suppose the extra second we cut having more casters here couldn't hurt right."
    Last edited by MrSandman; 09-17-2020 at 04:42 PM.

The black energy taken care of, the rain eventually stops and both notice Auroc is not present.

Sasheem, a kick lands in the middle of your back that slams you into Rex.

There, floating, is a mostly normal Auroc. His old majin body has returned from the torso up, but the bottom half is still coated in writhing darknes.
    Even from a distance, Dash could see what had happened. "Dang it," she cursed out loud, "Now what in the blazing heck is going on here?" she frowned as she puzzled over this.

Her thoughts turned to the crystal and wondering if Auroc was still powerful, or only half the man he once was...a thought that made her smirk briefly.

She considered switching back to the Earth Armor, but knew that was risky. She decided that before joining the fight she'd head in the direction to where the stone spear landed and see if the crystal was there and if so if it was intact or broken.

Orientating herself, she took off running at high speed. In short order she located the stone spear....
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

You manage to lift the weapons up.

You grab one, but the other, with the flame whip, wide steps and tightens the burning choke it has on your neck.
    Praxat uses her Bioelectromagnetism to fling the pikes like projectiles at the Therseling that has the fire whip tighten and burning around her neck. While at the same time, using her tongue to slam the Therseling, she grabbed hard into the ground. As she does this, She coughs form the fire whip tighten on her neck. ( Wait, are they trying to choke me out?) Praxat thought.

( That's not going work on me. I pretty much can breathe solely through my skin if I want as long as my skin is kept moist. Wait, this burning feeling,) Praxat thought.

( Are they trying to dry out the moisture from my skin? Dammit, I had my skin dried out once before. During the time, I was up against alternate Midori. Of course, that was my own fault. Make that deathtrap of power armor wasn't my best idea,) Praxat thought.

( I never want to feel anything like that again!) Praxat thought as her skin turns a deep red, and her eyes briefly flash blue with bioelectricity.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The black energy taken care of, the rain eventually stops and both notice Auroc is not present.

Sasheem, a kick lands in the middle of your back that slams you into Rex.

There, floating, is a mostly normal Auroc. His old majin body has returned from the torso up, but the bottom half is still coated in writhing darknes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A snarl of surprise rumbles from Rex as the Majin smashes into him, yet the old dinosaur quickly turns it into his advantage, whipping Sasheem around him before launching him back at Auroc.

"The more I see either of you in action, the less appetizing I find you majin."
    "HEY HOLD UPPPPPPPPPPP!" Sasheem called out, suddenly tossed like some sorta Majin discus at Auroc. With the momentum already there.....Sasheem activated Katchin Mode once more along with Naga Palm. He began to spin around rapidly, he brought forth the Bear's Claws, from each of his seven fists, each dripping with Venom Mist as he flew towards Auroc like a spiraling torpedo.

Blizzar, your senses ping on something invisible just as chains of burning red wrap around your neck from behind you.
    "Hrrrk!" Blizzar gasped as he felt the grasp of something metal and burning around his neck. His first instinct was to grasp it with his hands, but that wouldn't be wise. There was no time to waste, as he used his telepathy to scatter each link of the chains and launch them across the room.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Fetters of magic." Inanna spat, as she stepped forward on shaky legs.

"Now these 'words of power'." The woman dropped to her knees and vomited up a mixture of Hakai, and her own blood; but that seemed to be the extent of the withering spell as she rapidly began burning through the magic powering it thanks to her very nature. "Fuh..." Pointing to this Threshling Spellweaver, the woman lifted her gaze. "Little more... than stopgaps."

Exhaling slowly, her pointed finger bucked as if it were a gun.

"You're out of your depth."

He doesn’t quite dodge this one.

The blast takes his left arm off, the right clinging to his staff still even as the beam she fired continues on and takes out the tops of multiple buildings before blasting into the sky to a great firework like display.

He falls to his knees, gritting his teeth as his biology seals the would off.

He spits out some blood and looks at her, his staff glowing.

“Your....power. Incredible. But...I’m not done...yet.”

His circlet also glows like the staff and he concentrates both artifacts into the next spell.

“Your power is vast, your capacity for destruction too great. Be Sealed.

Sigils flash in front of Inanna and then fly into her, flaring on her skin as they sink into her body, seeking to bind her power away.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Super...Saiyan...Three?" Not the most imaginative of names. Then again, neither was Super Saiyan.

Parsley frowned. It seemed that she and Sarada were way behind if Kakarot, Goku, and likely Emperor Rhusong all were well beyond the standard Super Saiyan form.

"Show me how to ascend the the next form. I'll need the power if I'm to kill this god."
    He nods and instantly, his aura increases and he turns into Super Saiyan 2.

And he did it fairly effortlessly.

Goku grins.

“My son actually reached this level first. Gohan went Level two through great anger and rage. But, I don’t know if that will work with you. You...seem different from the other Saiyans I’ve met.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Aha, an invisible foe--from what he could tell, a priestess, most likely. Spreading his hands, fiery energy began gathering in the palms of his hand, forming into two fireballs. Larger and larger they grew, as the air around him distorted from the heat. Once they were of ample size and intensity, he thrust his hands upwards and released a massive wave of ki and burning shingan energy... his Phoenix Nova Star attack.

What remained of this rather impressive, if profane cathedral above him would certainly be destroyed. Along with, hopefully, that bothersome priestess.
    A shriek, the building ceiling disappears in a disintegrating inferno, and sunlight pours into the rest of the building as the priestess dies.

Neva, you suddenly feel the Maven stop halting your progress and suddenly flee the area. Your bill aura extends and encases the entire room, causing about fifty percent of the remaining enemy combatants to crumble from the taintabremoval. The rest apparently fight for Auroc as fanatics instead.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian could sense the enemies malice, the Noble somehow managing to keep up with the blistering pace set by the Nevadian. His presence loomed large over Held.

It mattered little.

If the Noble were blessed with omniscience, he perhaps would have seen the Nevadian smile slightly. He was not expecting the Noble to be of such preternatural speeds, but a Unicorn was to be hunted at ones own peril.

With a grunt of effort, the Nevadian at once ceased his his breakneck speed, slamming on the breaks and staggering to a halt. He thrusts his weapons outwards, away from his body.

Unicorn's Mane Rejects Destruction!

The Nevadian curled into a ball as his hair rapidly grow at length, protruding outwards, shattering the bindings that held his hair in place. It covered his entire body--save his arms, extended before him as he Held his weapons of choice-- in a protective shell of hair, hard and sturdy enough to earn Katchins respect. Almost as swiftly as the shell had formed, spines grew from the hair, turning the Nevadian Orb into a spiked ball, with each protrusion over a yard long.

Perhaps, had he not followed so closely, his would have had more time to evade--It would be far more difficult now. To make matters worse for his assailant, the combination of factors--the Nevadians sudden stop, and the Nobles continuing momentum, would ensure that the latter fell upon the spines with a force multiplied by the force of his collision with the Nevadian.
    With a grunt of surprise, the Noble impales itself on Held, his rapier falling from his hands as he dies upon the Nevadian Death Sphere.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A snarl of surprise rumbles from Rex as the Majin smashes into him, yet the old dinosaur quickly turns it into his advantage, whipping Sasheem around him before launching him back at Auroc.

"The more I see either of you in action, the less appetizing I find you majin."
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "HEY HOLD UPPPPPPPPPPP!" Sasheem called out, suddenly tossed like some sorta Majin discus at Auroc. With the momentum already there.....Sasheem activated Katchin Mode once more along with Naga Palm. He began to spin around rapidly, he brought forth the Bear's Claws, from each of his seven fists, each dripping with Venom Mist as he flew towards Auroc like a spiraling torpedo.
    Auroc partially dodges, the blows Sasheem lands raking across his side.

Grimacing, his arm lashes out and catches Sasheem as he flies past, and roaring, spins and flings the Majin back down towards Rex even harder, this time with more power and multiple ki beams following down towards the two.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Hrrrk!" Blizzar gasped as he felt the grasp of something metal and burning around his neck. His first instinct was to grasp it with his hands, but that wouldn't be wise. There was no time to waste, as he used his telepathy to scatter each link of the chains and launch them across the room.
    The chains scatter, but Blizzar quickly finds his feet being rooted in place as the floor starts melting around them, attempting to keep him there.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A bead of sweat fell from Ochazuke's headband as the enormity of the task revealed itself.

"Structure..."

"Hey everybody~!" Zaofan, walking in as he supported the Queen of Reshlan, greeted the two of them. His voice had picked up a small stammer and his face flushed bright red, and as sure as Nevanlinna's mother had sure footing, he walked away from her side and let out a long exhale.

"...oh dear, uh this is um..." the chef grit his teeth and rubbed his neck. The last time he saw something like this, a good chunk of the Northern Continent went under the ice shelf. He turned to the Queen, "Uh...can I get a second opinion...?"

Structure...

OOC: Genki Charge: 3
    The Queen steps down and kneels by Etrina’s foci and Ochazuke.

“This level of spellcract......they have planned this for years.”

She holds her hands out, magic arching in them.

“We must...be careful.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM