Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
On Reshlan........

A rush of people burst into the Grand Maven’s Sigil room, a cluster of Bronze and Silver Knights amidst a dozen Priestesses. Carried by them is a strange dark egg, pulsing with energy.

The Maven take one look and tsks.

“So it has happened. I predicted this foolishness.”

The egg pulses in anger, the Grand Maven smirking.

“Predicted and planned for. The Grand Ritual is possible, Lord Auroc, as you suggested. Since phase one was only partially successful, phase two will require more......sacrifice...then before since neither the Kami or the child were acquired. This is acceptable?”

The egg pulses even further.

“Very well. I shall start the consumption phase. Worry not, Lord. You’ll be even more powerful soon. I shall also attempt another scrying on this....Lampton...you seek.”

Three Priestesses carry the egg over to a pool of black liquid and place it in, letting it sink and submerge fully. The rest of them go around it, drawing arcane runes and glyphs around the pool of liquid.

The Maven looks at the Knights.

“Knights Bronze and Silver, find one thousand of our....lesser cousins and acquire them as components for the Ritual. Tell the volunteers their families will be further elevated by their sacrifice.”

The two sets of knights bow and retreat, leaving four Gold Knights there. She turns and looks at them.

“Two of you, take the siphon to the prisoner and drain as much as you can without killing her. What we’ll lose in potency we’ll gain in volume.”

Two nod and leave, carrying a strange pointed device with them. The last two then turn to her, questioningly.

“One of you sort the new turned Threshlings. Any too....weak, add to the consumption the others are gathering. And lastly, one of you bring me....Knight Kakarot. His services shall be required soon.”

The two salute and leave, the Maven turning and adding her voice and drawn runes to an ever overlapping and rising chant of magic, layers of runes suffusing the dark pool.
The click of steps alerts the Grand Maven to his arrival.

“Ah, Knight Kakarot. Thank you for joining me.”

The blank face, blind eyes, and stiff movements denote an...unusual nature to the Knight. The dead thing now alive looks at her, bowing.

“You are to act as our first line of defense, alongside several Golden Knights, should something actually manage to get to us. Prepare yourself. You have permission to use your full strength.”

She draws a line, and glyphs on Kakarot’s body appear, then shatter. The deadman grunts, and a slight twitch of the mouth seems to denote some level of pleasure at this. He bows again, then leaves the complex. Looking up into the sky with dead eyes, he gently floats up, flanked by five Golden Knights, and eagerly awaits battle.