Page 99 of 371 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She walks over.

“Are you ok?”
    "I'll be fine," Parsley answered. "We found the dragon we were looking for, as well a chance encounter with Night. He has his own planet in U18 and the slain dragon wasn't far from it. Turned out his killed the dragon because he was unable to offer a suitable payment in exchange for trespassing against Night's world. The creature was killed and petrified with this strange energy I've never encountered before. The body was stone, but the eyes were crystal. When I touched one of them, my hand got stuck and the energy started to transfer to me. Had I stayed attached, I would have been killed just the same."

She raised her hand so Eva could see her badly burned palm.

"I escaped, but the eye shattered. We have the other with us and Inanna is going to examine it. As far as his strange power goes, its powered by his flute. Everything he does is done by his flute. He even speaks through musical notes. I wouldn't be surprised if he himself had no real power outside of longevity and it was the flute itself that was the source of his anima-mancy. Regardless, I don't think he's a person we need to worry about. He only captured us because we were 'trespassing' by being in the general vicinity of his planet. As long as we stay away, he shouldn't bother you."

Herself, on the other hand, was a different issue. "Myself, on the other hand... in exchange for my freedom, I promised to return his amulet to him, the one I believe this Koorimaru is wearing. When we defeat him and retrieve Maiz, I'll need to take that back to him." In hindsight, she should have perhaps offered something else instead. While she had no doubt in her and the others' ability to not only kill Koorimaru but retrieve this amulet, on the off chance it was destroyed or someone raised objection, she wouldn't have the risk of having her eyes taken from her in the event of reneging.

"What's done is done. How did my niece fair while we were gone?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I'll be fine," Parsley answered. "We found the dragon we were looking for, as well a chance encounter with Night. He has his own planet in U18 and the slain dragon wasn't far from it. Turned out his killed the dragon because he was unable to offer a suitable payment in exchange for trespassing against Night's world. The creature was killed and petrified with this strange energy I've never encountered before. The body was stone, but the eyes were crystal. When I touched one of them, my hand got stuck and the energy started to transfer to me. Had I stayed attached, I would have been killed just the same."

She raised her hand so Eva could see her badly burned palm.

"I escaped, but the eye shattered. We have the other with us and Inanna is going to examine it. As far as his strange power goes, its powered by his flute. Everything he does is done by his flute. He even speaks through musical notes. I wouldn't be surprised if he himself had no real power outside of longevity and it was the flute itself that was the source of his anima-mancy. Regardless, I don't think he's a person we need to worry about. He only captured us because we were 'trespassing' by being in the general vicinity of his planet. As long as we stay away, he shouldn't bother you."

Herself, on the other hand, was a different issue. "Myself, on the other hand... in exchange for my freedom, I promised to return his amulet to him, the one I believe this Koorimaru is wearing. When we defeat him and retrieve Maiz, I'll need to take that back to him." In hindsight, she should have perhaps offered something else instead. While she had no doubt in her and the others' ability to not only kill Koorimaru but retrieve this amulet, on the off chance it was destroyed or someone raised objection, she wouldn't have the risk of having her eyes taken from her in the event of reneging.

"What's done is done. How did my niece fair while we were gone?"
    Eva nods and then gestures to her niece, who is currently being attended to by Nunlil and a flurry of silvery butterflies.

“Quite well. Not a single issue.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Eva nods and then gestures to her niece, who is currently being attended to by Nunlil and a flurry of silvery butterflies.

“Quite well. Not a single issue.”
    Parsley looked over and heard Kumara's bubbly giggles as she reached for the butterflies. A small smile touched her lips before it disappeared. "Good. When my brother comes out of the chamber, I'll send the both of them to one of the Saiyan worlds. Until Tundra and his forces are dealt with, they'll need his strength to protect them while Sarada is busy."

She would take her right then and there, but she figured Inanna would want to spend a few moments with her daughter before things got to hectic and unsafe for the infant. Besides, Auroc knew of Earth, but she doubted he knew where any of the other Saiyan worlds besides Vocado were. The child would be safe from him until Auroc was dead and gone for good. It's hard to believe that child has so much potential power lurking within her, she thought to herself. God Ki, magic, Super Saiyan, Hakai; all the strengths of both her mothers bound into one body. It was mind boggling, and suddenly it was very easy to see why Auroc wanted the child so badly. "How many more people need to train?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash enters as well and finds herself in a small building. To each side is a wing, with at least two bedrooms, a kitchen, and other necessities for their stay.

As they head towards the front entrance of the building, as they leave they can see the vast, white nothingness of the void beyond. Taking a step off of the stairs and onto this white void, she could suddenly feel the increase in the gravity. This close to the building, it is tolerable yet a strain to move. Further out, she imagines that the effects will only get worse.

"Praxat, just a reminder. We can go out there, but not too far. If we lose sight of this house, we might get lost for real. Let's get settled inside first, then come out an do some basic workouts to adjust to the gravity. One day to adjust is all we can afford, then we gotta push ourselves hard." As she spoke, she backed up onto the front porch of the building that will be their home for next few months.
    " Sure thing," Praxat said feeling the increase gravity.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Sure thing," Praxat said feeling the increase gravity.
    Heading back inside, they settle in and soon are back outside spending the rest if the day doing a light workout to get used to the increased gravity. Afterwards, they wash up, have dinner, and get some rest.

The next day, Dash wakes up from a solid sleep already feeling energetic. Going over to Praxat's room, she calls inside, "Hey, Praxy, are you awake? Am gonna do a run outside around the building before breakfast, wanna join me?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Heading back inside, they settle in and soon are back outside spending the rest if the day doing a light workout to get used to the increased gravity. Afterwards, they wash up, have dinner, and get some rest.

The next day, Dash wakes up from a solid sleep already feeling energetic. Going over to Praxat's room, she calls inside, "Hey, Praxy, are you awake? Am gonna do a run outside around the building before breakfast, wanna join me?"
    Praxat gets up and puts on her goggles." Yeah, I'm awake, and I'll be happy to join you," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat gets up and puts on her goggles." Yeah, I'm awake, and I'll be happy to join you," Praxat said.
    A short time later, they were outside, some distance away from the building, into the white void. "Back home, ah often ran a few hundred miles every mornin as a warm up for the day's trainin. Though never under these conditions." Dash could feel the strain the extra gravity was placing on her muscles just from standing still, "We'll start off slow and pick up speed, an hour tops, then we'll break before getting into the serious stuff. Keep up if you can, don't worry if you can't, just do your best. If'n you try to go faster then me, ah'll take up the challenge. Oh, an no hopping. We can work on that later."

Dash then began with a light jog, gradually picking up speed as she started her circuit, occasionally checking to make sure she is within visual distance of the building. As she ran her circuit, she could feel the environment shift. She wasn't sure if this was normal or not, but it felt like the temperature was fluctuating from cold to hot, then back again. Pushing that aside, she focused on her laps, and on glancing over at Praxat to see if she was keeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley looked over and heard Kumara's bubbly giggles as she reached for the butterflies. A small smile touched her lips before it disappeared. "Good. When my brother comes out of the chamber, I'll send the both of them to one of the Saiyan worlds. Until Tundra and his forces are dealt with, they'll need his strength to protect them while Sarada is busy."

She would take her right then and there, but she figured Inanna would want to spend a few moments with her daughter before things got to hectic and unsafe for the infant. Besides, Auroc knew of Earth, but she doubted he knew where any of the other Saiyan worlds besides Vocado were. The child would be safe from him until Auroc was dead and gone for good. It's hard to believe that child has so much potential power lurking within her, she thought to herself. God Ki, magic, Super Saiyan, Hakai; all the strengths of both her mothers bound into one body. It was mind boggling, and suddenly it was very easy to see why Auroc wanted the child so badly. "How many more people need to train?"

“Praxat and Dash just went in, otherwise I’m not sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Praxat and Dash just went in, otherwise I’m not sure.”
    "I'll probably put a few minutes in," Inanna commented as she walked over. "Time enough to experiment. Plan." Bothersome really, but a necessity given the introduction of several new players in so short a span.

Koorimaru. Remnant. Night.

To say nothing of all the other things she was in the process of preparing for. Of course... The golden-eyed woman walked over and snatched her child, who was in the process of trying to eat one of the silver butterflies that was attending alongside Nunlil.

"There's my girl~" And what an adorable little monstrosity she was. The potential she held was truly staggering. It would only be a matter of time before she and Sarada were struggling to contain her.

"Heh."

Holding Kumara, Inanna smiled down at her little bundle of headbutts, but before she could say anything truly profound; her daughter fired off an attack known to Saiyans as the 'Gastric Gun'.

"..."

Inanna quickly handed her child back to Nunlil.

"Yes, well... on that note. I'll return in time to take the fight to Reshlan."

With that, Inanna stepped into Vaikuntha.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I'll probably put a few minutes in," Inanna commented as she walked over. "Time enough to experiment. Plan." Bothersome really, but a necessity given the introduction of several new players in so short a span.

Koorimaru. Remnant. Night.

To say nothing of all the other things she was in the process of preparing for. Of course... The golden-eyed woman walked over and snatched her child, who was in the process of trying to eat one of the silver butterflies that was attending alongside Nunlil.

"There's my girl~" And what an adorable little monstrosity she was. The potential she held was truly staggering. It would only be a matter of time before she and Sarada were struggling to contain her.

"Heh."

Holding Kumara, Inanna smiled down at her little bundle of headbutts, but before she could say anything truly profound; her daughter fired off an attack known to Saiyans as the 'Gastric Gun'.

"..."

Inanna quickly handed her child back to Nunlil.

"Yes, well... on that note. I'll return in time to take the fight to Reshlan."

With that, Inanna stepped into Vaikuntha.
    Nunlil blinked a few times, looked at Eva, who took mercy on her and went to clean the child up so Nunlil could do the same.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Staring out into the void at their usual training spot, Rousong turned his head to Pinach. "Alright, it's about time. I'll not mince words, the method I'm going to use to give you need to transform will be terrifying, and you may very well die. But I believe you can do it... I was just about right where you are right now when I transformed. However... if you wish for more time, I will grant it. Make your choice."

Normally, he'd punish someone in Pinach's situation if they backed down, but Pinach was still a kid--yes, a kid on the cusp of manhood, but still a kid--and... admittedly, he had grown fond of the kid. His drive and... yes, his sense of justice reminded Rousong of better days.
    After all this time, and all endless effort he had been putting in the last several months, the time was upon him. It was time for Pinach to either ascend or die. And the means Rousong planned on using were, in his own words, terrifying.

Pinach didn't scare easily. Even still, what was coming up filled him with a measure of dread. But the power and status that awaited him was worth it.

With a determined expression, he nodded. "Let's do it!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A short time later, they were outside, some distance away from the building, into the white void. "Back home, ah often ran a few hundred miles every mornin as a warm up for the day's trainin. Though never under these conditions." Dash could feel the strain the extra gravity was placing on her muscles just from standing still, "We'll start off slow and pick up speed, an hour tops, then we'll break before getting into the serious stuff. Keep up if you can, don't worry if you can't, just do your best. If'n you try to go faster then me, ah'll take up the challenge. Oh, an no hopping. We can work on that later."

Dash then began with a light jog, gradually picking up speed as she started her circuit, occasionally checking to make sure she is within visual distance of the building. As she ran her circuit, she could feel the environment shift. She wasn't sure if this was normal or not, but it felt like the temperature was fluctuating from cold to hot, then back again. Pushing that aside, she focused on her laps, and on glancing over at Praxat to see if she was keeping up.
    Praxat surprisingly keeps up with, Dash but when it gets cold, her pace slows down. Only speeding back up when the temperature becomes hot. " Man I really want to hop, I never really ran before," Praxat said.

Having never run before in her life. Praxat's running technique is poor and awkward.
    My Forum check it out

Praxat surprisingly keeps up with, Dash but when it gets cold, her pace slows down. Only speeding back up when the temperature becomes hot. " Man I really want to hop, I never really ran before," Praxat said.

Having never run before in her life. Praxat's running technique is poor and awkward.
    Dash, of course, notices this and files it away for future discussion. After about 45 minutes, she begins to slow down, which is usually better than coming to a complete halt when exercising.

Once the run ends, Dash motions for Praxat to walk back with her to the living quarters. "We'll clean up, grab some breakfast, then start the real training. You did pretty good out there," she smirked slightly, "not great, but pretty good." Once they were both inside the building, "Tell you what, when we have time, I'll help you with runnin an you can give me some pointers on leapin. But before that, there are things we both need to focus on. Mostly involving becoming stronger, improvin our fightin skills, an mastering the techniques that will make us even better warriors. Which, for me, is my mastery of the elements."

Dash, of course, notices this and files it away for future discussion. After about 45 minutes, she begins to slow down, which is usually better than coming to a complete halt when exercising.

Once the run ends, Dash motions for Praxat to walk back with her to the living quarters. "We'll clean up, grab some breakfast, then start the real training. You did pretty good out there," she smirked slightly, "not great, but pretty good." Once they were both inside the building, "Tell you what, when we have time, I'll help you with runnin an you can give me some pointers on leapin. But before that, there are things we both need to focus on. Mostly involving becoming stronger, improvin our fightin skills, an mastering the techniques that will make us even better warriors. Which, for me, is my mastery of the elements."
    "Running isn't something I never did until now. It felt weird. Yeah, when we have time, you help me with my running, and I give you pointers on leaping. For me, it's mastering my physiology, which includes mastering control over my Bio-Electromagnetism," Praxat said.

" One thing I need to focus on is finding a way of keeping my body at a constant temperature during the cold. I think I might be able to do that with my Bio-Electromagnetism if I had better control over it," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

"Running isn't something I never did until now. It felt weird. Yeah, when we have time, you help me with my running, and I give you pointers on leaping. For me, it's mastering my physiology, which includes mastering control over my Bio-Electromagnetism," Praxat said.

" One thing I need to focus on is finding a way of keeping my body at a constant temperature during the cold. I think I might be able to do that with my Bio-Electromagnetism if I had better control over it," Praxat said.
    As they sat down in the kitchen area to eat, Dash continued their discussion with a question, "You said that you needed to work on Bioelectromagnistism an your body temperature, right? So, ah, how do you go about trainin to do that? If ah knew more maybe ah can better help you do it."