Page 171 of 371 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mauroc spins, the axe just missing. Black Lightning shoots from his mouth and blasts Parsley away.
    Parsley flipped head over heels and landed on her feet. She slacked her gripped on her ax's hilt, then spun around and hurled it at Auroc's head.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Genesis doesn’t so much as fly as she just sudden there, fist heading towards Inanna’s face.
    One moment she was then, the next she had crossed the gap between her and Inanna. Even Rex, an active observer, had trouble keeping up but his gaze remained on Genesis' back and those cylinders, his body tensed and waiting to explode into action as he waited for the perfect opportunity to strike.

The Mauroc on the ground has a slightly dumbfounded look on its face as the massive ball of chains gets sent back at him.

At the last moment, he goes ethereal and lets it pass through. Chuckling, he starts to say something as he turns physical again, only to get cut off as Dash and Praxat arrive.

And cut him off literally.

The Mauroc there blinks, then falls apart in multiple pieces, unable to regenerate thanks to Neva.

—————

A blast of eldritch power and a new Mauroc appears, this one grabbing both Praxat and Dash and flinging them at the fused human.

Whatever sorcery fuels the duplication, it seems so long as one survives, they can keep making doubles. Killing both at the same time will be the only answer possible.
    With springy movement, Praxat manages to stop herself in time from hitting the mysterious human. She lands right next to Dash." It's times like this I'm glad I have a springy muscular system," Praxat said
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-24-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Mauroc on the ground has a slightly dumbfounded look on its face as the massive ball of chains gets sent back at him.

At the last moment, he goes ethereal and lets it pass through. Chuckling, he starts to say something as he turns physical again, only to get cut off as Dash and Praxat arrive.

And cut him off literally.

The Mauroc there blinks, then falls apart in multiple pieces, unable to regenerate thanks to Neva.

—————

A blast of eldritch power and a new Mauroc appears, this one grabbing both Praxat and Dash and flinging them at the fused human.

Whatever sorcery fuels the duplication, it seems so long as one survives, they can keep making doubles. Killing both at the same time will be the only answer possible.
    Whistling to himself, the Man in White saw the Majin split apart under Dash and Praxat's attacks, briefly raising an eyebrow and nodding to himself.

"Persistent little bugger, though I suppose it can't be helped. You are what you eat, after all." With a self-satisfied smirk, he then slammed the butt of his staff such that it stood straight up in the stone and charged it with energy. Then inspecting his rolled up sleeves, he folded something between his hands.

When Dash and Praxat came speeding in, rather than uttering any response, the Man in White shot forward faster than a blink, appearing right in front of the newly formed Mauroc...

...and stood there, just in arm's reach, staring at him.

"Oh no, you're inexplicibly losing again," he said as the dust of the shattered capital city washed over its former regent in his wake. "How embarrasing.

He then pushed his daring to a point that was recklessly stupid, first he dropped his guard...then put his hands in his pockets...then leaned his head forward.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-24-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    With springy movement, Praxat manages to stop herself in time from hitting the mysterious human. She lands right next to Dash." It's times like this I'm glad I have a springy muscular system," Praxat said
    Once Praxat came to a stop, and the mystery man took off without so much as a nod, Dash shrugged then held out her sword again, "You're better at wielding that sword than you think. Let's give it another go, only this time we change it up."

She then leans in, "We go in fast, and keep goin. If we take him out, another might show up, so we'd best be ready to evade an attack fast."

"Ready?"

OOC: This is what Dash has in mind

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Once Praxat came to a stop, and the mystery man took off without so much as a nod, Dash shrugged then held out her sword again, "You're better at wielding that sword than you think. Let's give it another go, only this time we change it up."

She then leans in, "We go in fast, and keep goin. If we take him out, another might show up, so we'd best be ready to evade an attack fast."

"Ready?"

OOC: This is what Dash has in mind

" Yeah, I'm ready," Praxat said. Praxat then uses 50% of her elastic energy to boost her movement speed by channeling it into her legs as her eyes flicker blue with electricity. The pressure exerted by the elastic energy output causes damage to the ground and to Praxat legs.

" Dash, it's risky but, I'm thinking about using 60 % of my elastic energy to boost my speed. As you can see, when I channel 50% of my elastic energy into my arms earlier. Just the pressure exerted by that amount of elastic energy left my arms bruised," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yeah, I'm ready," Praxat said. Praxat then uses 50% of her elastic energy to boost her movement speed by channeling it into her legs as her eyes flicker blue with electricity. The pressure exerted by the elastic energy output causes damage to the ground and to Praxat legs.

" Dash, it's risky but, I'm thinking about using 60 % of my elastic energy to boost my speed. As you can see, when I channel 50% of my elastic energy into my arms earlier. Just the pressure exerted by that amount of elastic energy left my arms bruised," Praxat said.
    "Whatever works, my friend." Flaring up, she Assumed an attack stance then took off at high speed, heading for the new Mauroc, counting on Praxat to keep up.

Genesis doesn’t so much as fly as she just sudden there, fist heading towards Inanna’s face.
    Inanna moves to catch the fist, unsure quite yet of just how much has changed between them.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Whatever works, my friend." Flaring up, she Assumed an attack stance then took off at high speed, heading for the new Mauroc, counting on Praxat to keep up.
    Praxat decides to go for it and channels 60% of her elastic energy into her legs as she heads towards the new Mauroc. The sheer pressure exerted by that elastic energy output causes a lot of damage to the ground and to Praxat legs.

To the point were Praxat legs turn red from bruising, and cracking sounds can be heard coming from her legs. Praxat is traveling at speeds far greater than she could travel at when she's in Max mode.

As she's moving towards the new Mauroc holding her ancestor's sword ready to attack, Praxat's eyes are rapidly flicking blue with bioelectricity.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-25-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Mauroc dodges the axe, appearing in front of Parsley. A red and black energy ax appearing in his hand as he swings it at Parsley’s neck.

Meanwhile, the Mauroc on the ground holds its hand sour and thin energy blades appear in its hands. It blocks and parries both Praxat and Dash, keeping them at bay before managing to kick them both and send them flying.

It turns and looks at the suddenly there Man in White and at his non-defensive stance. It swings both blades, attempting to behead him.

————

Genesis’ fist stops in Inanna’s hand, but Inanna can feel the force of the blow. It would have probably done good damage had it landed.

Genesis stares at her, eye to eye, and nods.

Then her leg sweeps up and attempts to kick Inanna in the face.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Mauroc dodges the axe, appearing in front of Parsley. A red and black energy ax appearing in his hand as he swings it at Parsley’s neck.

Meanwhile, the Mauroc on the ground holds its hand sour and thin energy blades appear in its hands. It blocks and parries both Praxat and Dash, keeping them at bay before managing to kick them both and send them flying.

It turns and looks at the suddenly there Man in White and at his non-defensive stance. It swings both blades, attempting to behead him.
    Dash was taking none of this. Sick and tired of being tossed aside like a rag doll in the wind, she had a surprise of her own prepared. Mauroc's kick landed but didn't connect. Instead, it went right through her as her body briefly shimmered like water reflecting sunlight. She then vanished, only to reappear above him, no longer holding her sword.

Instead, her hands were raised up as spears of ice formed above her head like a crown. As soon as she was sure that Praxat or the new guy was not in the way, she sent the ice blades flying downwards towards Mauroc, attempting to impale him from above.

OOC: 85/100

IC: Once she released her attack, a wave of ki transformed the Water Armor back into her base Spider Armor, her hair and eyes returning to their natural colors.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley wasn't very concerned about her ax, which was still slicing through the air without a target or any obstacle to impede its flight. When she was ready, she could recall it at any moment. It wasn't time.

When Mauroc swung his own ax for her neck, she quickly flicked her wrist and used Neva's sword to party the swing. She had very little practice with swordplay, but she had a First Race rapier that she practiced with from time to time when she felt like being fancy. It wasn't the same, but it was close enough that she wasn't reduced to just swinging the blade around like an idiot.

I believe I can end this find shortly, she realized. The sword in her hand was infused with Hozon, which could preserve, among other things. One swing, and she could deal with Mauroc thusly.

Using the moment from her parry, she kicked him in he sternum, then twirled around to bring the blade down through the arm holding the ax.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Mauroc struck, and the Man in White moved with an markedly disdainful lack of effort. The blades came as they did, and his path billowed around each strike, a leaf carried calmly upon the wind heralding the warpath of a fallen godling.

"Your strength and speed aren't bad," he quipped, darting a fine distance away from his reach, "Though, I guess between all two of you, that All-Seeing-Eye can't see squat on this planet anymore!"

"Because this whole time...you've barely managed to keep pace with my after-image."

Dash was taking none of this. Sick and tired of being tossed aside like a rag doll in the wind, she had a surprise of her own prepared. Mauroc's kick landed but didn't connect. Instead, it went right through her as her body briefly shimmered like water reflecting sunlight. She then vanished, only to reappear above him, no longer holding her sword.

Instead, her hands were raised up as spears of ice formed above her head like a crown. As soon as she was sure that Praxat or the new guy was not in the way, she sent the ice blades flying downwards towards Mauroc, attempting to impale him from above.

OOC: 85/100

IC: Once she released her attack, a wave of ki transformed the Water Armor back into her base Spider Armor, her hair and eyes returning to their natural colors.

With nothing more than footwork, he'd pinned Mauroc to this postion and made sure that Dash could indeed set up this shot and land it.

The moment it did, just before the Melded Majin would enter its endless loop of rebirth, the Man in White finally went on the offense.

Come back as many times as you want, and these two kouhai will continue push themselves to the edge to kill you. Even so, an effort on that level can only be executed so many times.

Two fists emerged from his pockets...with a little extra. Mauroc could see it coming, carried in with a lead right hand, but by then perhaps it was already too late.

But you always wanted to live forever, didn't you?

Hilda's magically forged Hozon bracelets.

He'd wrapped one around each set of knuckles, and carried upon the fiery fists of Dragon and Phoenix, his intent became clear.

It's a Preservation force. Shame that you've shown a proclivity for a certain vice.

What, then, would happen if instead of using it as a safeguard against Auroc's possession, it was instead used to arrest the creature's innate magic from within? It was a gamble, and he could only shunt the energy imbued within the artifacts elsewhere, but have seen Nevanlinna's last effort, he knew it was possible to lock the demon's efforts into a state of anethema, a contradictory non-being.

That's the problem with a suspended existence: Stagnation!

With the ice sticking him to the ground, intent on tearing the Mutated Majin's torso apart, he punched Mauroc skyward, in an attempt to render him into a suspended state of paused being: Too weak to truly live, yet frozen just before the moment of death, a presence registering in the moment but unable to affect the inevitable outcome.

Last edited by grampagen; 09-26-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Genesis’ fist stops in Inanna’s hand, but Inanna can feel the force of the blow. It would have probably done good damage had it landed.

Genesis stares at her, eye to eye, and nods.

Then her leg sweeps up and attempts to kick Inanna in the face.
    The strength to contest a phantom that'd guided her every step for the last half-decade. That is what Lampton had given her... briefly. A way to attain a balance between herself, and Genesis. One long sought after by Ishtar who was, and one ultimately rejected by Inanna she was always meant to be.

The irony burned nearly as much as the blood in her veins.

"Tch."

Using the contact she'd made with Genesis, Inanna pushed off and propelled herself backwards; a quick burst of her Hakai fired at the leg Genesis so eagerly offered up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With the ice sticking him to the ground, intent on tearing the Mutated Majin's torso apart, he punched Mauroc skyward, in an attempt to render him into a suspended state of paused being: Too weak to truly live, yet frozen just before the moment of death, a presence registering in the moment but unable to affect the inevitable outcome.

Sasheem warped over to Mauroc, leaning over to whisper, "By, the way, Sasheem built up a lot of excess energy thanks to you..." The Phoenix flame, now splashing within the Majin's body now flares into a brilliant sheen. With one arm, he wraps around Mauroc's head, covering his eyes with his superheated arm. Magic eyes would be a problem at this state.

"Sasheem figures, he should return the favor," he said before he then concentrates all his heat in one hand before he punches his arm through Mauroc's chest.

"Vermillion Supernova: Expel!" he shouted, attempting to melt Mauroc from within with the fiery combination techniques that were the lost Phoenix School and the Phoenix Clan of Nevada!
    Last edited by KingofPie; 09-26-2020 at 01:46 PM.