Page 230 of 371 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The near invisible blizzard creature moves silently, always waiting with its strange green eyes for them to catch up.

For two hours, amidst a freezing hellscape of wind, cold, ice, and snow it leads them until, finally, an open cavern appears before them.

It nudges at it, far too large to go in itself, then looks at them.
    It was a longer trek than she anticipated. With visibility so limited, all she and Inanna had to go on was this creature's uncanny sense of smell and its ability to navigate nearly blind. Or, she assumed. There was something peculiar about its eyes; she surmised that they were equipped with another means of sight beyond what her own were capable of. Regardless, it did nothing to lessen the time it took to reach their destination.

In the hours that elapsed from start to finish, the cold, chilling winds persisted without let up. Her Super Saiyan aura worked to keep her warm, but she hated having to waste energy that way. The drain was minimal at absolutely worst, but still...

"Hm, a cavern. Could he be inside?" She approached the cave cautiously and spread her senses within, probing the darkness to get a measure of what, or who, was inside.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "This sword wasn't made on my homeworld Qacriea. My ancestor Disdemona was a space adventure. My ancestor Disdemona was considered to be an outcast on my homeworld during her time more than 30,000 years ago. She was a chemist that was ahead of her time but was treated as a witch," Praxat said.

"She left Qacriea with Konatsian named Vyggen. Who crashed land on Qacriea during her time. The reason she left was that her fellow people were attempting to kill her over an accident that happen," Praxat said.

" My ancestor was trained in swordsmanship by this Konatsian. Stories I read about her said that she was a brave and courageous space adventurer who butt heads with corrupted governments of her time," Praxat said.

" As for the sword's size, I think the opposite reason of why my ancestor Disdemona had such a giant sword forged for her. I believe she had this sword forged for her to compensating for something. I believe that she was very short and had a giant sword forged to compensate for her short stature," Praxat said.

" The sword is made composite Iridium Diamond, and out of the materials, this sword is composed of. Only Iridium Diamond can be found on my home planet Qacriea. I'm not a princess but, my mother is the Prime Minister of my planet's current government, The Republic of Qacriea," Praxat said.

" The weapons on my homeworld Qacriea during my ancestor Disdemona time were. Spears, bows and arrows, clubs, axes, knives, and natural weaponry like claws," Praxat said.

"Sure, if you can help me become more adept with this sword than I'm now. Then I'll accept you help. By the way, I have no clue as to who forged this sword for my ancestor Disdemona. I do know the name of the sword, and it's The Thunderstorm Blade," Praxat said.

Praxat sheathes her ancestor's sword. "Oh, I read up on Earth swords, and The type of sword similar to my ancestor's sword on Earth is called a Nodachi," Praxat said.
    Years ago, the Nevadian would have found himself overwhelmed--crushed, even--by the avalanche of facts and trivia thrown his way, an endless sea of minutiae drowning him in the details. But that was in the past. In his time as an Admiral, such events were not only not abnormal, they were commonplace.

They were expected.

Long had he toiled, filing out paperwork in triplicate, pouring over ever detail in every report, no matter how insignificant it seemed, and then making report after report separating the wheat from the chaff, and summarizing them as such. It was such that the Nevadian found himself dreaming of his duties, where he carried out the same tasks.

As such, this was nothing.

"So, that's a yes then." Held replied, nodding absently, "Or something close to it."

The Nevadian casually tossed his datapad to one of his men, who although surprised, caught the device.

Another item was procured from a capsule on his pocket.

Another datapad, far less military and far more ornamental.

"Standard modified temporary interim apprenticeship contract." Held explained, handing the device to Praxat. "It's a few pages long--not counting the fine print and terms of agreement-- so take you're time...Or if you're in that much of a hurry to get to Cortis II, I guess you can just sign on the dotted line..."
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-28-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Inanna broadcast a feeling of thanks, before waiting for Parsley to do her thing.

"With hope he is, and we can get out of this creature's hair, and off this planet sooner rather than later."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The beast nods to Inanna, then silently vanishes into the blizzard.

The cavern is....odd. There is something within, but ki sensing seems to ping off the cavern walls.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    With everyone interested in the Cortis II mission on board, Voyavoda performed his final checks & adjustments, closed the bay door, and then lifted off. With this (almost) state-of-the-art ship, it didn't take long to clear the atmosphere and get into orbit... and then beyond. Silently, he piloted the ship to the edge of the planet's gravity well, and...

"Everyone buckled in? Ja? Good. Hold onto your asses," he said into the intercom. With that, he reached over to a lever, grasped it, and pulled it down. With a lurch, the stars outside stretched, and the ship entered hyperspace.

"There. Shouldn't take us long, relatively speaking, to get there," he said, leaning back in his seat.
    What the hell is a Cortis II?

He had been exploring the palace only to find that their group was splitting up, again, and with his only option being to get on the ship manned by an absolute stranger. Then again, he was one himself. Still, an adventure was an adventure and he took his seat, having some minor difficulties now that he had a tail, but managed to get semi-comfortable just in time for the ship to slip into hyperspace.

The beast nods to Inanna, then silently vanishes into the blizzard.

The cavern is....odd. There is something within, but ki sensing seems to ping off the cavern walls.
    "Tch." Her senses couldn't pinpoint the ki signature inside. The important thing was that someone was in there.

"Someone is in there. The cavern is disrupting my ki sense, it seems, so I can't determine who." Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the creature fading off into the blinding blizzard. "Seems our choice has already been made." Without it, they had no hope of navigating this hellish world. Their only lead was in front of them.

Very well.

She was wary, but despite that, she stepped inside and started into the cavern. She kept her senses sharp with Observational Focus to keep herself aware of everything around her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The cavern slopes down, the inside made of perfectly smoothed and reflective ice. After about ten minutes of careful walking, Parsley you hear a single ‘thump’ sound. You continue and walk out into a larger room filled with thousands of reflective surfaces among the perfected crystalline ice.

And there, sitting in a simple wrought throne of ice and snow is Koorimaru.

Or what’s left of him.

A single hole, about two inches wide, had been drilled through the back of his head and out again through his forehead, a destroyed drone with the same hole as its master by his feet. A look of...surprise...forever etched upon his face, Korrimaru’s body is....warm still. The blood still fresh. Very, very fresh.

The Amulet is gone.

Tracking, a single hole also appears to have been made through wall behind Koorimaru, and tracking through you can see that the attack that killed him seems to have gone through the cavern and rock before striking him from behind, going through his head and into the drone he presumably called back from speaking with Ochazuke.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The cavern slopes down, the inside made of perfectly smoothed and reflective ice. After about ten minutes of careful walking, Parsley you hear a single ‘thump’ sound. You continue and walk out into a larger room filled with thousands of reflective surfaces among the perfected crystalline ice.

And there, sitting in a simple wrought throne of ice and snow is Koorimaru.

Or what’s left of him.

A single hole, about two inches wide, had been drilled through the back of his head and out again through his forehead, a destroyed drone with the same hole as its master by his feet. A look of...surprise...forever etched upon his face, Korrimaru’s body is....warm still. The blood still fresh. Very, very fresh.

The Amulet is gone.

Tracking, a single hole also appears to have been made through wall behind Koorimaru, and tracking through you can see that the attack that killed him seems to have gone through the cavern and rock before striking him from behind, going through his head and into the drone he presumably called back from speaking with Ochazuke.
    Fittingly, the interior of the cave was reflective, like expertly crafted glass. Her reflection peered back at her at some angles, and walked beside her at others as she trekked further within. This, I suppose, explains why my ki sense was disrupted and unfocused. The ice must have been of a special, mystical variety, for she had never heard of her senses being bounced off an obstruction before. Fitting, if this was Koorimaru's hiding place away from peering eyes. Now that she thought about it, she remembered him hiding out in a cave like this very one when she spied on him at The Rookery a few hours ago. Interesting.

A thump.

She halted her steps briefly, her nerves and senses on high alert. Every muscle tensed like tightly wound rubber bands, poised to unwind and strike at any moment if the need called for it. But, the need never arose. That single thump echoed through the cavern and was followed by nothing but an eerie silence bordered by their own footsteps. No attack incoming, she continued deeper within, but she never relaxed.

The cavern gave way to a larger "throne room", decorated by countless reflections. Parsley let her gaze drift from side to side to catch glimpses of herself and Inanna at different angles. It was like being inside a haunted funhouse, distorted reflections staring back at her.

There, in the center of those mocking reflections, was Koorimaru. A single hole had been bored through his skull. A look of utter shock and disbelief was permanently etched onto his features, a glimpse into his frame of mind mere moments before his demise was met. The size of the hole was a dead giveaway of the culprit: one of his own kin. The absence of the amulet gave the reason. He was still warm to the touch and his blood was still fresh. He hadn't been dead long. "Damn it! We were too late."

The assassin was likely long gone, and they had zero means of finding him. Actually, I do.

There was a single hole in Koorimaru's head that led through the cavern rock and presumably outside. That was all she needed, because it was going to lead her directly to where the attack was standing the very moment he laid down the killing blow.

Observational Insight

The evolution of Focus, Insight let her read the variances in the residual ki that lingered after any action. One as profound as a Death Beam killing a man was more than unique enough for her to pick up on it and see the event as if she had been there. Once she did, she would be able to track the beam right to the source.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Fittingly, the interior of the cave was reflective, like expertly crafted glass. Her reflection peered back at her at some angles, and walked beside her at others as she trekked further within. This, I suppose, explains why my ki sense was disrupted and unfocused. The ice must have been of a special, mystical variety, for she had never heard of her senses being bounced off an obstruction before. Fitting, if this was Koorimaru's hiding place away from peering eyes. Now that she thought about it, she remembered him hiding out in a cave like this very one when she spied on him at The Rookery a few hours ago. Interesting.

A thump.

She halted her steps briefly, her nerves and senses on high alert. Every muscle tensed like tightly wound rubber bands, poised to unwind and strike at any moment if the need called for it. But, the need never arose. That single thump echoed through the cavern and was followed by nothing but an eerie silence bordered by their own footsteps. No attack incoming, she continued deeper within, but she never relaxed.

The cavern gave way to a larger "throne room", decorated by countless reflections. Parsley let her gaze drift from side to side to catch glimpses of herself and Inanna at different angles. It was like being inside a haunted funhouse, distorted reflections staring back at her.

There, in the center of those mocking reflections, was Koorimaru. A single hole had been bored through his skull. A look of utter shock and disbelief was permanently etched onto his features, a glimpse into his frame of mind mere moments before his demise was met. The size of the hole was a dead giveaway of the culprit: one of his own kin. The absence of the amulet gave the reason. He was still warm to the touch and his blood was still fresh. He hadn't been dead long. "Damn it! We were too late."

The assassin was likely long gone, and they had zero means of finding him. Actually, I do.

There was a single hole in Koorimaru's head that led through the cavern rock and presumably outside. That was all she needed, because it was going to lead her directly to where the attack was standing the very moment he laid down the killing blow.

Observational Insight

The evolution of Focus, Insight let her read the variances in the residual ki that lingered after any action. One as profound as a Death Beam killing a man was more than unique enough for her to pick up on it and see the event as if she had been there. Once she did, she would be able to track the beam right to the source.
    Insight grabs hold of her and she tracks the attack back. Back through his drone, his head, the cavern, the atmosphere of the planet.

The solar system, planets moving past her, the asteroids past that, down into a solar system two over. Her insight follows the attack through to another planet and she watches as a silent figure anchors itself, takes aim, and fires a single shot. Not a massive beam, not a prolonged energy attack, but a single energy round fired from the barrel of a technological nightmare of a gun.

Two solar systems away. Not a single attack she knows of can travel quick enough to cover that range so quick, which would mean the assassin fired a while ago.

Judging by what she watched, she can also tell the attack somehow adjusted itself mid flight, staying on Korrimaru as its target regardless of where he was.

One last thing she gleams: the assassin fired the shot, but didn’t take the amulet.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Eventually, Cortis II appears in the ships’ main view screen, and those with good energy sensing capabilities can already pick up the Frost Demon on the ground, radiating a power close to a Super Saiyan if not more.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Insight grabs hold of her and she tracks the attack back. Back through his drone, his head, the cavern, the atmosphere of the planet.

The solar system, planets moving past her, the asteroids past that, down into a solar system two over. Her insight follows the attack through to another planet and she watches as a silent figure anchors itself, takes aim, and fires a single shot. Not a massive beam, not a prolonged energy attack, but a single energy round fired from the barrel of a technological nightmare of a gun.

Two solar systems away. Not a single attack she knows of can travel quick enough to cover that range so quick, which would mean the assassin fired a while ago.

Judging by what she watched, she can also tell the attack somehow adjusted itself mid flight, staying on Korrimaru as its target regardless of where he was.

One last thing she gleams: the assassin fired the shot, but didn’t take the amulet.
    Her Insight took her to lengths far beyond what she had been expecting. Tracking the path of the attack that struck a fatal blow to the much reviled Arcosian led her away from the planet. Its atmosphere was behind her mind's eye. Planets that moved at speeds so imperceptibly fast sped by her one by one. Stars clusters, nebulas, ships of unknown origin all trailed by. She wondered just how far she had to go to reach the origin. Every second that passed by, she became more and more incredulous.

There was no attack that she knew of, no being that could launch attack even from that distance and hit with anything even remotely close to being considered accuracy. The planet's own natural revolution had to come into question, as well as its rotation. The person's movements and actions which couldn't be foreseen by mean any mundane means made it nearly impossible to accurately line up a killing shot from the absurd distance.

Yet, she saw the results with her own two eyes. It was not only possible, but it happened.

The edge of the solar system passed her by and she still hadn't reached the origin. It wasn't until her mind's eye crossed an entire second solar system that she saw him. A lone, imposing figure armed with only a sniper rifle. She had no choice but to acknowledge that this person was beyond anything she had ever seen. It was clear the rifle itself was the main reason for the assassin's breathtaking feat of interstellar marksmanship. The bullet was some kind of variety she had never encountered, being able to not only cross that distance in only a short two hours, but also keep track of Koorimaru throughout his daily activities until it penetrated the back of his skull.

Incredible. And deeply concerning. There was no room for braggadocio; a person either capable of or in possession of a weapon that was capable of this kind of feat was deeply concerning. Even if she saw the attack coming, simply moving out of the way at the time right time wasn't enough. An object that could make minute adjustments to its flight patter, depending on the target's location, was unavoidable.

She committed everything about the man to memory.

Perfect Intuition: Warrior's Artistic Flair

A rare feat for her to imitate a technique outside of battle, she used her wife's image creating technique to mold a ball of ki into a life-sized image for Inanna to see.

She did not address to woman just yet, however. There was the matter of the amulet. The assassin didn't take it, meaning someone on Khoolis did. She closed her eyes, briefly deactivating Insight before opening them and refocusing her attention on Koorimaru himself. Where is the amulet?

Observational Insight
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Her Insight took her to lengths far beyond what she had been expecting. Tracking the path of the attack that struck a fatal blow to the much reviled Arcosian led her away from the planet. Its atmosphere was behind her mind's eye. Planets that moved at speeds so imperceptibly fast sped by her one by one. Stars clusters, nebulas, ships of unknown origin all trailed by. She wondered just how far she had to go to reach the origin. Every second that passed by, she became more and more incredulous.

There was no attack that she knew of, no being that could launch attack even from that distance and hit with anything even remotely close to being considered accuracy. The planet's own natural revolution had to come into question, as well as its rotation. The person's movements and actions which couldn't be foreseen by mean any mundane means made it nearly impossible to accurately line up a killing shot from the absurd distance.

Yet, she saw the results with her own two eyes. It was not only possible, but it happened.

The edge of the solar system passed her by and she still hadn't reached the origin. It wasn't until her mind's eye crossed an entire second solar system that she saw him. A lone, imposing figure armed with only a sniper rifle. She had no choice but to acknowledge that this person was beyond anything she had ever seen. It was clear the rifle itself was the main reason for the assassin's breathtaking feat of interstellar marksmanship. The bullet was some kind of variety she had never encountered, being able to not only cross that distance in only a short two hours, but also keep track of Koorimaru throughout his daily activities until it penetrated the back of his skull.

Incredible. And deeply concerning. There was no room for braggadocio; a person either capable of or in possession of a weapon that was capable of this kind of feat was deeply concerning. Even if she saw the attack coming, simply moving out of the way at the time right time wasn't enough. An object that could make minute adjustments to its flight patter, depending on the target's location, was unavoidable.

She committed everything about the man to memory.

Perfect Intuition: Warrior's Artistic Flair

A rare feat for her to imitate a technique outside of battle, she used her wife's image creating technique to mold a ball of ki into a life-sized image for Inanna to see.

She did not address to woman just yet, however. There was the matter of the amulet. The assassin didn't take it, meaning someone on Khoolis did. She closed her eyes, briefly deactivating Insight before opening them and refocusing her attention on Koorimaru himself. Where is the amulet?

Observational Insight
    A faint presence, invisible and running, had plucked the amulet from the body.

Seconds before they arrived.

And is still within the complex frozen cavern.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A faint presence, invisible and running, had plucked the amulet from the body.

Seconds before they arrived.

And is still within the complex frozen cavern.
    There!

The presence was faint, but she believed she had enough of it to work with. "I found the amulet," she announced. She pointed to the image. "That's the Arcosian's killer. Look familiar to you?"

Still pointing, a beam of crimson ki shot from her finger.

Perfect Intuition: Hunter/Prey

Sarada's very homing ability, the beam erupted from her finger and closed in on the invisible target.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

There!

The presence was faint, but she believed she had enough of it to work with. "I found the amulet," she announced. She pointed to the image. "That's the Arcosian's killer. Look familiar to you?"

Still pointing, a beam of crimson ki shot from her finger.

Perfect Intuition: Hunter/Prey

Sarada's very homing ability, the beam erupted from her finger and closed in on the invisible target.
    "No, but I could make a very educated guess." Inanna replied before sighing.

"More and more keeps piling up, one wonders if this is intentional." As Parsley begins doing whatever it is she's doing, Inanna simply sighs before shouting simply. "We're going to rip your entrails out of your ass if you don't make this easy~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Years ago, the Nevadian would have found himself overwhelmed--crushed, even--by the avalanche of facts and trivia thrown his way, an endless sea of minutiae drowning him in the details. But that was in the past. In his time as an Admiral, such events were not only not abnormal, they were commonplace.

They were expected.

Long had he toiled, filing out paperwork in triplicate, pouring over ever detail in every report, no matter how insignificant it seemed, and then making report after report separating the wheat from the chaff, and summarizing them as such. It was such that the Nevadian found himself dreaming of his duties, where he carried out the same tasks.

As such, this was nothing.

"So, that's a yes then." Held replied, nodding absently, "Or something close to it."

The Nevadian casually tossed his datapad to one of his men, who although surprised, caught the device.

Another item was procured from a capsule on his pocket.

Another datapad, far less military and far more ornamental.

"Standard modified temporary interim apprenticeship contract." Held explained, handing the device to Praxat. "It's a few pages long--not counting the fine print and terms of agreement-- so take you're time...Or if you're in that much of a hurry to get to Cortis II, I guess you can just sign on the dotted line..."
    Praxat takes her time to go over the contract." That is a yes. Oh, if you want to know more about my ancestor Disdemona, you can read the stories about her. Be warn stories about my ancestor are very long, and there are a ton of them," Praxat said.

" I haven't even read most of them," Praxat said as she signs the contract with her full name Praxat Luue DXCIII (The 593rd).

" Also, if you want to know why my ancestor's sword is called the Thunderstorm blade, I can answer that for you. One more thing, Something strange happen to me. Electricity surged rapidly through my eyes," Praxat said.

"It first happen in the ROSAT. Then when I was furious at two Threshlings, I was facing. Finally, when I pushed my self to use 50% and 60% of my elastic energy during the battle with Auroc. I think it's a sign of a new power trying to awaken inside me," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-29-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel