Page 369 of 371 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371 LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“Of course I do. I AM the code.”

One more button push and the doors slide open. Light spills into the airlock and they are all faced with a slight ramp heading down and one more door at the back of a small readying room, this one a submarine style one.

Ochazuke, you absolutely sense them. They are in the next room over, and they seem in a positive mood. The Judge moves towards the next door to open it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Of course I do. I AM the code.”

One more button push and the doors slide open. Light spills into the airlock and they are all faced with a slight ramp heading down and one more door at the back of a small readying room, this one a submarine style one.

Ochazuke, you absolutely sense them. They are in the next room over, and they seem in a positive mood. The Judge moves towards the next door to open it.
    OOC: Might we get a bit of a physical description of Meridian itself?

IC:
    "Huh...makes sense...I guess," Zaofan thought aloud, "The better to keep the circle small."

"Or take refuge from consequence," Ochazuke said, "but they were not tied by the Binder, perhaps they might realize their fight is, ultimately, ours as well."

The reasons for an alliance were sound, however their last encounter was still fresh to mind, and Zaofan's grip only tightened upon his staff. "Only one way to find out."

Reality bled back into his consciousness, his eyes opening to a scene once held only in the eyes of a deadman.

A lush field of long green grass and flowers of pastel colors surrounded him, yet such life was alien here, as he could see only gray and white beyond life's touch. The sky above him was black with the void of space, colored only by the thin purple haze provided by the plant life and whatever mysterious force had birthed them. Beyond that, he saw only stars and the familiar blue jewel of the Milky Way. He knew this, or rather he had known of this place. Not as Charco, nor as Rex, but another; it was within Ogatan Phospho's memories that this knowledge came. This was the Lunar Eden, once a thriving garden that had spanned across the entire moon was now only a small field, a tomb of life. The memory of this place had been wiped away by the use of the Dragonballs to ensure that it would be forgotten, undisturbed by those who would wish to desecrate the remains of the being who had once threatened the world, not with malice, but childlike innocence.

He took in a deep breath and found the oxygen was thin, enough to support him, but in time the moon would be as desolate and inhabitable as it had been long ago. Glancing around, he did not see Islay, leaving him with questions on why she had brought him here. What knowledge would he gain from here? It was then that did the realization something was missing crossed his mind. Something obvious, yet only the memories of Phospho would have known.

The body of 「spuun」, the one for whom this Eden was its grave, was missing. The massive creature would have been impossible to miss, yet he saw nothing of its remains as he scoured the last bits of flora. Had somebody taken the corpse? Had it dissipated after all of these years? Even Phospho's memories lacked an answer, for nearly about the entity had been shrouded in mystery.

"Be not afraid, my old friend..."

The voice, familiar, yet he could not be certain. Turning about, he found the source of it descending upon the lunar flower field. It was a Namekian, yet its features were pale; the pallor giving the figure the appearance of albinoism. There was something more to this Namekian, something ethereal and it reminded him of the very creature they had once fought on this moon.

"I almost didn't recognize you, Ocarin," He finally said, recognizing the familiarity, "I could say the same for you, Phospho..."

Although his memories of Phospho were hazy after the battle, his former aspect's mind disturbed by the curse he had received, he knew the Namekian fondly as an old friend, which only made him more concerned to see him here.

"How are they? The Goddess and your beloved?"

"Evangeline is still Kami and Zippa still lives in good health... at least last I saw."

"Must be awkward to think of her as you are now, a gestalt being of countless generations and the very beast they once fought."

"And what of you? I did not think of you as the graverobbing type, Ocarin."

"It was not my intention. I could no longer try and pretend to live a peaceful life knowing what I... what we had done. At the time, I believed we had no choice, that「spuun」could not be reasoned with, but I have been plagued with the possibilities that tell me otherwise. I know now that back then, I was being tested, and I have been haunted by my failure ever since. To know that it was my decision to kill what was otherwise a child... I had to return here, believing I could find the answer, to atone for my sin. What I found was something beyond my comprehension. That child,「spuun」, although dead, still lived as an entity comprised entirely of creation energy. It called out to me, wishing to end its solitude of unlife. Somehow, it was able to replicate my people's assimilation, allowing me to absorb it as if it were a Namekian."

Ocarin clenched one of his hands, as if still in marvel of what had occurred, and glanced to him, "What do you call yourself now, Phospho?"

"I am Charco."

"Then I too will take up a new name in honor of our ascensions. Synth... that shall be my new name."

The Namekian took a fighting stance and by reflex, he did the same.
    "Charco, please indulge me in my last request... to die as a warrior, redeemed of my sin."

As much as he wanted to convince his old friend against this, he grimly knew that it was futile to try. Kicking off the ground, he launched himself at the Namekian who did the same, both of them clashing, launching up a storm of flower petals and moon dust. Kicks and punches were traded, bobs and weaves taken in evasion in rapid succession. It felt nostalgic, dredging up memories of two youths practicing under the careful eye of their kami. A punch slipped through his defenses, slamming into his left cheek, yet he responded with his own, burying his fist into Synth's gut. The two separated, hopping backward into defensive stances. Although he had a hunch, the difference in their powers was confirmed upon seeing the Namekian's conditions after that brief exchange; it seemed that both Ocarin's mind and body had remained stuck in the past all those decades ago.

"Heh," The Namekian huffed out, amusedly, "Has the universe changed so much since our time?"

"It's the generational power creep," Charco replied, "You fight strong opponents, get stronger to fight stronger opponents, and then you pass it on to the next generation. That's how it's supposed to be."

"Excluding yourself, of course," Synth retorted with a dry chuckle.

"Someone's gotta stick around to clean up the big messes."

Smiling contently, Synth brushed off his pain and resumed his stance, "Then I shouldn't keep you... let this be the last time our fists cross." The Namekian lunged forth, clearly pulling his all into his final attack; a knife-hand thrust, the technique he had seen skewer many of their enemies in the past. Despite the speed and efficiency of the technique, he was able to dodge most of it, although the air pressure sliced open his cheek. Clenching his fist, its human features replaced with dark scales and keratin talons, Charco punched a hole through his old friend. While Namekians could regenerate as long as they still possessed their head, this strike had been infused by the heat of the Solar Shot, delivering the heat of a star directly into Synth's body.

" th-thank... you..." The Namekian's body scattered into dust and ash and much to Charco's horror, he found that he had absorbed what remaining energy Synth had possessed.

"The memories of destruction, the hope of the sun, and now the serenity of creation..."

He had almost forgotten that it had been the angel who brought him here and yet there were far too many emotions running through him to give a retort to his taskmaster's cryptic nonsense.

"These will be the foundation of what you must build upon to progress from here on out," Islay declared, "Unfortunately, it will be up to you to determine how to use them... Sakin has begun to move."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: Might we get a bit of a physical description of Meridian itself?

IC:
    "Huh...makes sense...I guess," Zaofan thought aloud, "The better to keep the circle small."

"Or take refuge from consequence," Ochazuke said, "but they were not tied by the Binder, perhaps they might realize their fight is, ultimately, ours as well."

The reasons for an alliance were sound, however their last encounter was still fresh to mind, and Zaofan's grip only tightened upon his staff. "Only one way to find out."
    OT:

There is not technically anything to see, as you were between two airlock doors when you arrived.

However, extending any senses out would find a massive debris/asteroid field bigger than almost any other in known GP patrolled space most likely. Millions and millions of every sized asteroid all hang in a silent cairn yard where once five habitable planets lay. Essentially, an entire Solar System got slagged and than quarantined off due to it being vastly unsafe to travel through. It was this destruction that the Beast God was accused of and why he’s on the GP’s most wanted list still (though this all happene s 100 years ago).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

As they pressed forward through the passage, Zaofan stood on guard, for the Last Daughter had thrown herself between him and the Binder and whatever cryptic answers the Fae one might have granted them. I'd managed to hold my own...but this time it's just them and us. Their footsteps echoed behind the stiff, metallic footfalls of the Judge, hollow as they announced their path to the next room, all the more grave for Ochazuke had gotten the measure of this place.

Rock fragments, cosmic dust, revolved by the inertia of gravity's pull. There was no planetary leyline, no living consciousness he could parse. As he extended the meditational field further, soon it became clear that there was no world beyond the vessel which contained this airlock. In fact, for a stellar distance this might have been the only habitable space for lightyears in this quarantined zone, filled with the ruin of former planets.

"Everything outside of us is dead," he said, "Five planets, shattered to debris, revolving in fragments around a pale star. This dwelling is the only thing that contains life among it."

Dire straits, certainly, and no doubt a fact the Kaiju-jin had accounted for.

"They can survive in space. Best be prepared to make an exit if we must."

Crossing into the next room, they moved to ascertain their condition, and with any luck, come to terms.

As they pressed forward through the passage, Zaofan stood on guard, for the Last Daughter had thrown herself between him and the Binder and whatever cryptic answers the Fae one might have granted them. I'd managed to hold my own...but this time it's just them and us. Their footsteps echoed behind the stiff, metallic footfalls of the Judge, hollow as they announced their path to the next room, all the more grave for Ochazuke had gotten the measure of this place.

Rock fragments, cosmic dust, revolved by the inertia of gravity's pull. There was no planetary leyline, no living consciousness he could parse. As he extended the meditational field further, soon it became clear that there was no world beyond the vessel which contained this airlock. In fact, for a stellar distance this might have been the only habitable space for lightyears in this quarantined zone, filled with the ruin of former planets.

"Everything outside of us is dead," he said, "Five planets, shattered to debris, revolving in fragments around a pale star. This dwelling is the only thing that contains life among it."

Dire straits, certainly, and no doubt a fact the Kaiju-jin had accounted for.

"They can survive in space. Best be prepared to make an exit if we must."

Crossing into the next room, they moved to ascertain their condition, and with any luck, come to terms.
    The door slides open quickly after a moment of the Judge’s tinkering, showcasing a warm lite central room with a table and a few chairs. Behind, clearing tucked away was an open kitchen area and to either side were rooms that went further in.

However, right in front, sitting at the table, are the two Ulthan.

And a massive feast of food. Soups, meats, vegetables, fruits, everything one could think of filled the space. Delicious smells filled the room and the two Kaiju-Jin turn and looked surprised at their arrival. Last Daughter had some noodles hanging from her mouth, while the Beast God had a keg of strong smelling alcohol that he was in the middle of downing, eyes turned towards them in interest.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The door slides open quickly after a moment of the Judge’s tinkering, showcasing a warm lite central room with a table and a few chairs. Behind, clearing tucked away was an open kitchen area and to either side were rooms that went further in.

And a massive feast of food. Soups, meats, vegetables, fruits, everything one could think of filled the space. Delicious smells filled the room and the two Kaiju-Jin turn and looked surprised at their arrival. Last Daughter had some noodles hanging from her mouth, while the Beast God had a keg of strong smelling alcohol that he was in the middle of downing, eyes turned towards them in interest.
    To say that either Ochazuke or Zaofan had not expected this cornucopia feast waiting beyond the airlock doors was a massive understatement. Compared to the barrens just outside these metalloid walls, the hearth of the kitchen and its fruitful labours were a surprise, for they were well-supplied for being in the middle of nowhere.

Crossing the room, Ochazuke stood some distance away from the table, but did not presume to take a seat at it uninvited.

"...enjoying yourself, are you? Don't get up, we've merely come to talk."

Least of all, not while the hammer still rest in his grip.

"I imagine Caladash Banespell told you a great deal of the enemies to come, that is what drew you to his side." He passed his view from the Beast God and further down to his Daughter. Where he had marked them by their Rings of Location seemed to linger yet. "A lot of fine promises were made, according to him, in exchange for your service to the Ulthan. This is quite the sumptuous feast, an occasion for celebration, perhaps?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

In a puff of smoke, Parsley's ax disappeared. She then kept her hands in front of her to show she wasn't a threat. For the time being, however, she opted to let the two men with her handle the conversation for right then.

To say the feast was unexpected would have been to admit she had no idea what to expect. For such an out of the way base that was, literally, in the middle of a dead star system, they appeared to be well stocked on not only food, but also alcohol. Perhaps they had some kind of mode of transportation so they could travel to procure supplies when needed. Or, maybe they had a secret benefactor. Regardless of the reasoning, it seemed they caught them in a good mood. A delicate hand was needed to prevent the mood from souring and, even worse, a fight from breaking out. To that end, she configured the Apparatus to open a doorway to Earth. The angles and appropriate power supply were designated. All she had to do was open the doorway.

She refrained from doing so, but was ready, just in case.

With that done, she put it away and prepared to watch and listen.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

To say that either Ochazuke or Zaofan had not expected this cornucopia feast waiting beyond the airlock doors was a massive understatement. Compared to the barrens just outside these metalloid walls, the hearth of the kitchen and its fruitful labours were a surprise, for they were well-supplied for being in the middle of nowhere.

Crossing the room, Ochazuke stood some distance away from the table, but did not presume to take a seat at it uninvited.

"...enjoying yourself, are you? Don't get up, we've merely come to talk."

Least of all, not while the hammer still rest in his grip.

"I imagine Caladash Banespell told you a great deal of the enemies to come, that is what drew you to his side." He passed his view from the Beast God and further down to his Daughter. Where he had marked them by their Rings of Location seemed to linger yet. "A lot of fine promises were made, according to him, in exchange for your service to the Ulthan. This is quite the sumptuous feast, an occasion for celebration, perhaps?"
    The Beast God burps and finishes his keg, wiping his mouth as the Last Daughter slurps her noodles down and slams the bowl down, eyeing them.

“Judge, got some new friends.”

She starts in on another bowl, eyes never leaving them.

“Sit down, all of you. And no, human, this isn’t a celebration. It’s a memorial feast.”

The Judge slowly steps forward and sits down, the Last Daughter serving up some bowls of soup for you all.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Beast God burps and finishes his keg, wiping his mouth as the Last Daughter slurps her noodles down and slams the bowl down, eyeing them.

“Sit down, all of you. And no, human, this isn’t a celebration. It’s a memorial feast.”

The Judge slowly steps forward and sits down, the Last Daughter serving up some bowls of soup for you all.
    "Thank you for the hospitality," Parsley said as she sat down at the table. "Apologies for the sudden appearance, but we have something very important to talk with you about. It has to do with Sakin's Great Call that will happen soon." She had a feeling the memorial feast and their reasons for answering that Call were intertwined.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Thank you for the hospitality," Parsley said as she sat down at the table. "Apologies for the sudden appearance, but we have something very important to talk with you about. It has to do with Sakin's Great Call that will happen soon." She had a feeling the memorial feast and their reasons for answering that Call were intertwined.
    He raises his eyebrows.

“Don’t know a Sakin. Don’t know a Great Call either.”

He rips out a chunk of meat from a skewer and than points it at her, chewing and talking.

“But I do know the Forger’s dead huh? Senses it a bit ago and sure enough, the scowling human’s got his hammer on ‘em.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He raises his eyebrows.

He rips out a chunk of meat from a skewer and than points it at her, chewing and talking.

“But I do know the Forger’s dead huh? Senses it a bit ago and sure enough, the scowling human’s got his hammer on ‘em.”
    They don't know about the Great Call yet. Interesting. It seemed they had timed their meeting just right.

"Yes. He finally found peace and died helping us with our quest. Sakin is a fallen Angel who intends on gathering a great many powerful warriors together to fight on his side. Or something like that. We were told by an eternal dragon that you and your daughter would be joining his side, along with Ishtar."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

They don't know about the Great Call yet. Interesting. It seemed they had timed their meeting just right.

"Yes. He finally found peace and died helping us with our quest. Sakin is a fallen Angel who intends on gathering a great many powerful warriors together to fight on his side. Or something like that. We were told by an eternal dragon that you and your daughter would be joining his side, along with Ishtar."
    At the mention of Ishtar, the Last Daughter spits off to the side and says something in a guttural language that does not sound complementary. The Beast God laughs and rips off another piece of meat.

“Can’t say I disagree, La.”

He looks at Parsley and sips some more from another keg.

“That right huh? Gonna go join an Angel? Shucks, I didn’t realize this universe had any anymore. Still, seems if I join a side, I join for a reason, Ya know? And only reason I join sides is if it benefits me.”

He looks her dead in the eyes, blue energy sparking a bit in his.

“Will it?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

At the mention of Ishtar, the Last Daughter spits off to the side and says something in a guttural language that does not sound complementary. The Beast God laughs and rips off another piece of meat.

“That right huh? Gonna go join an Angel? Shucks, I didn’t realize this universe had any anymore. Still, seems if I join a side, I join for a reason, Ya know? And only reason I join sides is if it benefits me.”

“Will it?”
    "I don't know," she answered honestly. "But, it'd be in your best interest to listen to what we have to say."

Before she spoke again, she pulled out Auroc's journal and flipped to the section about the Way Between World's. "The Cabal of Thorn and Stone framed you for this system's destruction, yes? Forger and Binder promised to offer you a means to travel to the Way Between Worlds to seek out your revenge and possibly a means to bring her back or at least find her reincarnation?"

She placed the Apparatus on the table. "That was Auroc's key to travel there. We're currently figuring out the configuration, but when we do, we'll open the door for you to merit out vengeance against the Cabal."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

With nowhere to go and the objective made, with some reluctance they joined; Ochazuke seated with The Judge, and Zaofan across the way from the Last Daughter.

He raises his eyebrows.

“Will it?”
    "The Forger also seems to have told you very little, despite what he had enacted through our mutual friend and all the lives he'd taken that day," Ochazuke said, "If it was not your confidence he'd valued, in turn for what he'd promised it was your abilities he'd trusted."

"I can attest to that," Zaofan chipped in, shrugging his shoulders before the Last Daughter. "Wonderful smelling soup, by the way. What's in it?"

Small talk between those who'd hunted Inanna and the Guardians was truly bristling. To punctuate the urgency of the matter, Ochazuke set the late Forger's hammer on the table.

"It would be folly to deprive a craftsman of his tool, for it is not the forge or anvil that renders steel, but the knowledge entrusted to the hand which wields it. Banespell gave this to me as a token of good faith."

With that, he picked up his bowl in one hand and raised it before him.

"Yet it appears it is the same to conflict as you would with sustenance. If you would tell me, to whose memory do we drink to?"