Page 338 of 371 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She pauses and thinks a while.

“The name seems familiar…..what did she say of him?”
    "Not much, other than something about a promise made before my time," He replied, steepling his hands in thought.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Not much, other than something about a promise made before my time," He replied, steepling his hands in thought.
    “I see. My library isn’t what it once was, but I’ll see if I can’t find some info out for you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, things had progressed more than Sarada thought they would. The last time she was there, she wasn't in any position to explore. But the last she heard of Chroma, it was nearly embroiled in a civil war during Meagan's absence. Quite sad, but inevitable given there was sure to be a vacuum of power after their occupation was over. Multiple sides vying for control over the direction of the planet was sure to always cause some kind of conflict. Seemed like all that had been taken care of over the last three years.

"Awesome! Can't wait to see how things have progressed." She left the blueprints on his desk and started to take her leave. "I won't take up any more of your time. I need to head back to the Lookout before they summon Tiamat. It was great seeing you again, Jinzi."
    He smiles and nods.

“Take care, Sarada. I’ll see you later, and don’t be a stranger!”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He smiles and nods.

“Take care, Sarada. I’ll see you later, and don’t be a stranger!”
    Sarada waved goodbye and took her leave. Back in the air and on the way back to the Lookout, she got in touch with Maiz to fill her in on things.

"I just left Jinzi. He was excited about the blueprints I gave him," she said.

"Mm. Hopefully this leads to them being able to defend themselves more effectively," Maiz replied. "We might be able to spare Parsley, but you still have a host of responsibilities to take care of. Not the least of which being you meeting with Chancellor Trix on planet Cereal in four months."

Sarada groaned. "Yeah, forgot about that," she muttered. The Cerealians were one of the very few races who managed to survive the Saiyans' attacks 250 years ago. When Sarada heard they were still around, she contacted them and initiated peace talks. The last thing she wanted was a repeat of the Tuffles. The meeting coming up in a few months was the first time she would step foot on that planet. With hopes, Chancellor Trix would accept her reparations and let bygones be bygones. After all, all the people involved in the raid that nearly exterminated the Cerealians were long dead and the race had replenished its numbers nicely.

"And Ochazuke wants to speak with you soon," she continued. "Something about a collaboration between you and other Guardians to find Sakin."

Maiz scoffed. "Tch. Another collaboration... After how badly that ridiculous network failed, I have half a mind to pass right now. Though, I suppose I'll hear him out. Did he say when he's dropping by?"

"No, but I figure it'll be soon. Hopefully not until after New Vocado City is open. Maybe Jinzi will come with him and we'll have something to show off." Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed that the Lookout was coming into view. "I'm almost to the Lookout. I'll see you when I get home."

She ended the call and touched down on the Lookout plaza. Immediately, her little one woke up from her post-gluttony nap. "Oh hey. Finally up, huh?" she said softly with a fond smile.

"Leaf," Kumara said in reply.

"No. No leaf."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“I see. My library isn’t what it once was, but I’ll see if I can’t find some info out for you.”
    "I'd appreciate it, but don't overwork yourself over this," He replied, draining the last of his tea, "I suspect I'll learn it in time regardless."

Default Time Period 3: 7 Months In

With the first part of the Fusion lesson concluded, Zaofan took a moment to let his hands rest.

Only a moment, however. The sinks were filled with pans and dishes, and so with motions as swift as thought, he went to work.

Sarada had set her path, to become strong enough to become a god.

I've got to hand it to the Saiyans, they're always searching for that next hill to conquer. Smiling as he listened, a sponge lift the last speck of grease with a pure squeak. Spotless.

The way things were going, whatever was coming was going to be a far higher grade of foe than any of them had fought before. It wouldn't be enough to go into the thick of things as they were, that much was true.

But leaving such mortal designs behind entirely...was that really an ascension? For now he kept that to himself as he went through the motions. Undoing the acquired stains baking time and streaks of sweetness savoured, in no time at all he'd restored things to the way they had been.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Oh, I nearly forgot!" She reached into her cleavage and pulled out her capsule wallet. She pulled one out and popped it open, unveiling a large bronze trunk, as well as a small box. "When you see Erosa again, can you give her these? I owe her big time for helping to save Ruco a few months ago."

She didn't have much time left and still needed to talk to Jinzi. "I'll see you again soon, Zaofan!"

After bidding farewell to Eva and the others, Sarada leaped off Lookout with sleeping half-demon in tow and flew toward Capsule Corp. ...She assumed that was where Jinzi lived as President. I probably should have asked.
    That sure was a nice chest. And by the looks of it, so was the reward for Erosa. Clearing his throat as the red trained from his cheeks, Zaofan nodded rather hurriedly.

"Heh, how about that? Not a problem, I'll be sure to pass on the message!"

With the telltale sound of aura taking off to flight, Zaofan was suddenly struck by an idle thought that had finally settled along with his nerves.

...I probably should have told her his new office is the old office...

It was at this time his martial brother moved into the doorframe. Setting the ten weighted rings by the door, Ochazuke began to fix a cup of tea.

"So, how goes it with figuring out that Lion Style Kata?"

Hot water pooled into a white cup as the martial artist swirled it about the dried leaves.

"When we fought against it, the power was generated from the top down. Suitable for someone who never had to rely on technique with the right frame..." With a deft hand, he cast out the water and detritus of the first steep. "...but so much energy is wasted when you generate the force solely through the sagittal plane. Useful for making a statement, perhaps, but not to last."

"Hah! I knew it!" Zaofan beamed. "We're at the point where we're starting to forget more than the Champion ever knew."

A small smile was coaxed out of his stonefaced friend as the loose-leaves blossomed and were covered.

"Did you catch Sarada before she left? I think you might have misjudged her."

"Did I?"

"She picked up on Kinetic Listening rather quickly, and though it could use some polish."

"Her receptive instincts are sharp, yes, if there is a concrete goal for her to use them."

"...didn't you tell her, y'know, about her being lacking in..."

Steam escaped the teacup as Ochazuke slid its porcelain lid to one side. As the bloom filled the kitchen, with the note of aroma, it finally clicked.

"...I suppose that would have been the exact thing she needed to hear, huh?"

Silently, Ochazuke took a slow, contemplative sip of his tea, and Zaofan replaced the last dried off knife onto the magnetic strip.

"You know, considering everything that's going to go down very soon, would it kill you to speak to each other?"

Ochazuke shrugged, taking another slow drink. "Many who ought to listen prefer to speak first and last, for in their mind that will be the start and end of it-"

"Present company included?"

Ochazuke narrowed his eyes, then shook his head with a small chuckle. "I was rather expecting to talk to her about something, but perhaps it won't be necessary. There has been some correspondance between our Guardians, after all...and all sights are on the immediate future. So much for this."

For all the talk of camraderie, secrecy and friendship, the Earth's part in this as purely utilitarian to the interests of however many others wore on him. Soon, very soon, that would change.

"Furthermore, there is another matter we need to attend to, Zaofan. If you'll come to the courtyard, I could use a second opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With the first part of the Fusion lesson concluded, Zaofan took a moment to let his hands rest.

Only a moment, however. The sinks were filled with pans and dishes, and so with motions as swift as thought, he went to work.

Sarada had set her path, to become strong enough to become a god.

I've got to hand it to the Saiyans, they're always searching for that next hill to conquer. Smiling as he listened, a sponge lift the last speck of grease with a pure squeak. Spotless.

The way things were going, whatever was coming was going to be a far higher grade of foe than any of them had fought before. It wouldn't be enough to go into the thick of things as they were, that much was true.

But leaving such mortal designs behind entirely...was that really an ascension? For now he kept that to himself as he went through the motions. Undoing the acquired stains baking time and streaks of sweetness savoured, in no time at all he'd restored things to the way they had been.

That sure was a nice chest. And by the looks of it, so was the reward for Erosa. Clearing his throat as the red trained from his cheeks, Zaofan nodded rather hurriedly.

"Heh, how about that? Not a problem, I'll be sure to pass on the message!"

With the telltale sound of aura taking off to flight, Zaofan was suddenly struck by an idle thought that had finally settled along with his nerves.

...I probably should have told her his new office is the old office...

It was at this time his martial brother moved into the doorframe. Setting the ten weighted rings by the door, Ochazuke began to fix a cup of tea.

"So, how goes it with figuring out that Lion Style Kata?"

Hot water pooled into a white cup as the martial artist swirled it about the dried leaves.

"When we fought against it, the power was generated from the top down. Suitable for someone who never had to rely on technique with the right frame..." With a deft hand, he cast out the water and detritus of the first steep. "...but so much energy is wasted when you generate the force solely through the sagittal plane. Useful for making a statement, perhaps, but not to last."

"Hah! I knew it!" Zaofan beamed. "We're at the point where we're starting to forget more than the Champion ever knew."

A small smile was coaxed out of his stonefaced friend as the loose-leaves blossomed and were covered.

"Did you catch Sarada before she left? I think you might have misjudged her."

"Did I?"

"She picked up on Kinetic Listening rather quickly, and though it could use some polish."

"Her receptive instincts are sharp, yes, if there is a concrete goal for her to use them."

"...didn't you tell her, y'know, about her being lacking in..."

Steam escaped the teacup as Ochazuke slid its porcelain lid to one side. As the bloom filled the kitchen, with the note of aroma, it finally clicked.

"...I suppose that would have been the exact thing she needed to hear, huh?"

Silently, Ochazuke took a slow, contemplative sip of his tea, and Zaofan replaced the last dried off knife onto the magnetic strip.

"You know, considering everything that's going to go down very soon, would it kill you to speak to each other?"

Ochazuke shrugged, taking another slow drink. "Many who ought to listen prefer to speak first and last, for in their mind that will be the start and end of it-"

"Present company included?"

Ochazuke narrowed his eyes, then shook his head with a small chuckle. "I was rather expecting to talk to her about something, but perhaps it won't be necessary. There has been some correspondance between our Guardians, after all...and all sights are on the immediate future. So much for this."

For all the talk of camraderie, secrecy and friendship, the Earth's part in this as purely utilitarian to the interests of however many others wore on him. Soon, very soon, that would change.

"Furthermore, there is another matter we need to attend to, Zaofan. If you'll come to the courtyard, I could use a second opinion."

Eva and Kai nod as they walk there.

“I do believe it’s time.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I'd appreciate it, but don't overwork yourself over this," He replied, draining the last of his tea, "I suspect I'll learn it in time regardless."
    She nods and smiles.

“As you wish. But if you ever do need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask, Charco.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The return of the Dragonballs at this time was rather auspicious, but with all the universe falling under the threat of forces unseen, it was welcome.

Ochazuke looked to six-starred orb for a moment. Long ago, he'd attempted to destroy it that those seeking to use them as weapons or manipulate Fate would be unable to do so. How ironic that now, forced into some grand cosmic scheme, it might be their only way to make sense of it.

"Well nothing to it but to do it," Zaofan said as he cracked his knuckles, "Though we'll have to be very specific with old Tiamat, won't we?"

And so Ochazuke stood before the glowing artifacts and spoke the words.

"Come forth Eternal Dragon."

"Looks like we got here just in time," Sarada said as she approached where the balls where gathered. Thankfully, the golden glow of the seven mystical orbs stole the attention of the young child away from the leaves of the frond palm trees. She took her out of her seat and held her in her arms, head facing away from the dragon balls so she wouldn't get any ideas. "Have you guys decided your three wishes yet?" she asked. She didn't have any herself; those, she was saving for when Maiz got off her ass and learned how to make a set for herself.

The return of the Dragonballs at this time was rather auspicious, but with all the universe falling under the threat of forces unseen, it was welcome.

Ochazuke looked to six-starred orb for a moment. Long ago, he'd attempted to destroy it that those seeking to use them as weapons or manipulate Fate would be unable to do so. How ironic that now, forced into some grand cosmic scheme, it might be their only way to make sense of it.

"Well nothing to it but to do it," Zaofan said as he cracked his knuckles, "Though we'll have to be very specific with old Tiamat, won't we?"

Well, guess I'll find out.

Sarada stood back and took it all in. Seeing the eternal dragon emerge out of the balls was an exciting, awe-inspiring experience every time, even if she had only see her twice.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-19-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Snake in the Grass Part 4

Sasheem grumbled, his hands in his pockets. His "backup" had arrived and he couldn't be more upset. The Katchin Squadron, those pompous goody-two-shoes. They had arrived only moments ago and already the overconfident one he had once absorbed, P-Sta had begun delivering a lecture. With a whiteboard no less! Why would he drag one all the way out here in the midst of this sneaking mission. At the very least, he could say these four fools had gotten stronger since he had last encountered them. At least that way, they'd make for better meatshields.

"Let's go over the mission parameters, then!" P-Sta tapped on the, admittedly fairly detailed, whiteboard behind him. "Bio-Jagam, a Jagam clone with all the original's memories and powers both amplified and cheesified was revived by a cadre of unknown individuals who have the ability to tear through space-time via unknown means and through temporal manipulation, he has managed to takeover this town!" He tapped on the whiteboard even louder.

"He has acquired the ability to cheesify!"

"Would you stop saying that!" X-Bo chimed in.

"...To molecularly manipulate the dna of living things via airborne spores classified as Chi-to Dust," P-Sta continued. "These living indiviudals remain alive, yes, and perhaps reversable but due to the nature of the cheesification, Bio-Jagam can-."

"Brother! Again, that word..." P-Cee interjected.

"Right, right. Anyway, Jagam can manipulate these indivuduals to act as his personal army agaisnt their wills. Due to the potential that the cheesified may still-"

"Oh, please stop!" N-Ten sighed.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! Just let me finish!" P-Sta shouted. "Due to the fact that the effects may be reversed, it is imperative that WE DO NOT KILL THEM!" P-Sta firmly stated, as he and each of his siblings glared at the Majin, who simply, rested his chin in his palm and glanced out of the tent window.

"What, you think Sasheem doesn't know how not to kill people?" Sasheem questioned with a smirk. "Trust me, he does. It's just more fun if he doesn't."

"Bah, listen. I've heard on good authority, your threats are nothing more than bluster at this point, but even so. We can't go into this recklessly! Due to our cyborg natures and your Majin physiology, we are immune to the effects of the..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Aw, just go ahead, jabroni!"

"The cheesification!" P-Sta arrogantly bellowed to the sea of endless groans form the other four. "So, we are the only ones suited for this mission. It is not to be a full on assault. We still don't' know the full extent of Bio-Jagam's new powers, but what we do know is that somewhere in the shopping center of this city is the gateway that he uses to traverse through space time with his cohorts. This is to be a sneaking mission! With very little room for mistakes or errors. The fate of this planet...no! Of all TIME AND SPACE itself may depend on us. Now, GALAXY POLICE ELITE KATCHIN SQUADRON...plus one! MOVE OUT!"

With a flash and sound of thunder, the massive dragon appears. Once more, it’s great head just peeking past the lookout’s height.

You who have summoned me, what are thy wishes?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

7 months in.

At the Gukraimano in Wetalia on Qacriea Althena is attend to her duties as Guardian of Qaceria while training Praxat's sisters Craxat, Sraxat, Draxat, Nraxat, Fraxat.

Althena looks up at the sky. ( hmm, by now, Praxat, Dash, Miras Thane, and Blizzar should have retrieved Earth's Dragon balls. Of course, I know the reason why Eva scatter her dragon balls throughout space. she informs me of the reason why.) Althena thought.

( Maybe I should have my own dragon balls. No, that's a bad idea, ) Althena thought. Althena looks at her pupils." Craxat, Sraxat, Draxat, Nraxat, Fraxat today will be a team-building exercise," Althena said.

" I want to see how the five of you have progressed as a team, so all five of you will be sparring against Killrog at the same time. Let's see if you all can manage to land a hit on him this time. Oh, and Killrog, please go easy on them this time. I don't want to have to heal them like last time," Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    <snip>

His curiosity begged him to explore, but his body still felt sluggish... heavy. Made sense, because it had been laying here--wherever here was--for months. He laid back down to rest and give his body and soul time to fully re-synchronize or... whatever. At least the weather was nice here...
    "Oh my... you're up and about. Another errant spirit or have you finally decided to... grace us with your presence again?" said a voice that, to Totoma, sounded... somewhat familiar? After a few moments, he realized it was that Threshling Princess, Nevanlinna. He shifted his gaze to look at her. She was standing nearby, examining him with a wary, but somewhat bored expression.

He hopped to his feet. "Hehe, nope, it's me. Guess that little stunt I pulled when you guys were fighting bitterpee had some side-effects, causing me to get pulled back into my body."

Nevanlinna was silent for a moment. "...I see. Well then, how did your training with Vocado go?"

A wide smile spread across Totoma's face, and he pumped his fist. "Great! The guy is so incredibly strong, and I've gotten much, much, much stronger than I was under his tutelage. Rutaba has as well. Pinach, Sarada, and Parsley will be amazed once she's back."

"Rutaba was there as well? Interesting."

"Yep... anyway, uh... where exactly are we? This isn't Earth--doesn't feel like it. Is this Reshlan?"

Nevanlinna shook her head. "No, this is... my personal real, Vaikuntha. You were placed here to ensure that your body was preserved after Zaofan attended to it."

"Oh. Um, well... I'm looking forward to seeing my family, so, uh... how do I get back to Earth?" In truth, he wanted to explore this place, but he wanted to see his family and friends more. Exploration could wait for later.

"Hm, I've currently got this area synchronized with Earth--the lookout in particular--for easy access, but--"

An idea occurred to him while Nevanlinna talked. He vaguely--vaguely--recalled Shitterflea breaking through some dimensional barriers while he was joyriding in his body. And he'd only used his SSJ2 power--and a weaker level than he was at--to do that. Probably used a technique, but with the power of a Super Saiyan 3...

"--and that is why I will have to take a bit of time to make a key for... hey, hey, are you listening!? Oh, please tell me I won't have to explain all that again?"

Totoma chuckled. "Nah, I got it. Synchronized to lookout. Just gotta crack open the door to get there."

"...that is... not what I said." Nevanlinna stopped and looked askanse at the half-saiyan. "...why is your ki rising? What are you... oh... oh now, don't you dare!"

Totoma clenched his fists and his aura burst into existence, quickly turning golden as he immediately went from base to Super Saiyan 2. Muscles bulging, lightning crackling around him, and hair shining, he threw up his fists into the air. A quick burst of light, wind, and power, and there he stood, transformed into a Super Saiyan 3. His grin grew even wider.

"No... no, I know what you plan to do. I demand that you cease and desist right this mo--"

Taking a deep breath, Totoma gathered ki into his chest, then threw his head forward, releasing his awesome power into a ki-infused shout meant to break the barriers between Vaikuntha and the lookout...

Though it wasn't a distinct technique, it worked. The space he 'aimed' at buckled, cracked, then collapsed, the 'attack' piercing hole to the lookout.

Totoma jumped into the air. "Yahoo, it worked. Did you see that?!"

"...get...... OUT!" was all he heard as a ki attack slammed into him from behind, knocking him through the portal. It didn't cause any damage, of course, but he hadn't been expecting it, so he was sent flying quite far. He came to a skidding halt near where the others were standing. Standing up, he rubbed his chin, which was... sore from the skidding. "Jeez, what the heck's her problem."

Crap, he was back on the lookout, and others were nearby. And he'd been forced to make such a lame entrance... that was no good! To make up for it, he struck a dramatic, epic, heroic post, and then (re)introduced himself.

"The Just Saiyan, having overcome death itself, makes his triumphant return to Earth, empowered beyond his previous limits!" he struck another pose. "Villains beware, for I--"

It was at this point he realized that the others were in the middle of summoning the freaking eternal dragon and he froze, realizing that now was... perhaps not the time to be making a scene. "...uh, should I continue or hold off until you're done?"
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 06-19-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "...get...... OUT!" was all he heard as a ki attack slammed into him from behind, knocking him through the portal. It didn't cause any damage, of course, but he hadn't been expecting it, so he was sent flying quite far. He came to a skidding halt near where the others were standing. Standing up, he rubbed his chin, which was... sore from the skidding. "Jeez, what the heck's her problem."

Crap, he was back on the lookout, and others were nearby. And he'd been forced to make such a lame entrance... that was no good! To make up for it, he struck a dramatic, epic, heroic post, and then (re)introduced himself.

"The Just Saiyan, having overcome death itself, makes his triumphant return to Earth, empowered beyond his previous limits!" he struck another pose. "Villains beware, for I--"

It was at this point he realized that the others were in the middle of summoning the freaking eternal dragon and he froze, realizing that now was... perhaps not the time to be making a scene. "...uh, should I continue or hold off until you're done?"
    Sarada frowned and turned to face the sudden commotion going on behind them. The first thing she saw was a hole in the... in the air...? On the other side of that hole was Vaikuntha and a seething Nevanlinna. On the floor of the Lookout courtyard was a man with a fountain... a literal fountain of golden hair. He was a Saiyan, and a Super Saiyan at that, but she had never seen someone with that much hair. Even the luscious mane of glorious hair she sported years ago wasn't that long.

The hole vanished and the man stood up. ...that pose... that hokey monologue... "Totoma?" He was alive again. She didn't know how, but he had somehow brought himself back! And he was supporting more hair than ever before. That meant only one of two things. One, they didn't have barbers in Otherworld - half-breed Saiyans' hair grew throughout their lives, unlike purebreds - or two, he had reached the next level, this Super Saiyan 3 that Parsley spoke about. Only Sir Kakarot of Reshlan and this mysterious Kakarot her sister met when she briefly died - what the ****? - had displayed that kind of power. And Totoma had only just achieved Super Saiyan 2 when they were both attacked on the Lookout. Which meant...

"You're alive!" She ran up to him, face split with an excited grin. "You trained with Vocado? What was he like? I bet he was super ultra powerful, wasn't he??"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!