Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1932
  1. #1876
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Oh, right. That'd put us right in deep space, wouldn't it? Or somewhere worse...."

    Right down to HFIL, most likely. He definitely wasn't dressed properly for a trip to the underworld, too. Chuan just had a better fitting version of his old outfit on, not that he'd want his clothes to be fancier considering the likelihood that he'd get them blasted off during this planet-wide brawl.

    "Triple S, we'll be frontline support. So really, that might end up being more dangerous than a badly timed jump. You scared of getting blasted?" He asked almost teasingly, his gentle rib followed by a slight smirk. Super Sized Slak over here could probably serve as cover, not that he'd want his friend to get in the way of an errant ki attack.



    "Thanks, Dash. It's been such a long time!" Chuan stood proudly, though he was a bit lost for words. The two of them hadn't talked that much, so he wasn't entirely sure what he could say. Well, they had some time before they reached their destination. Maybe they could-



    Whoa. Hold on. No, no. This was dangerous. Mega dangerous. Sure, he remembered how predatory Inanna was, but after Dr. Riesling spent the better part of a year putting him through gruelling trials, the more mature types set off alarms in his head where the old him would've just froze and gotten devoured.

    "Yeah. Right. Good to see you, too." He said warily, immediately taking note of escape routes. "How's the married life?"

    It was a none-too-subtle reminder that she should take Sarada's feelings into account. Unfortunately, this poor lad was too innocent to realize that this sort of relationship he was looking at wasn't as restrained as the ones he understood.
    It felt a little more awkward than she intended, words couldn't quite form in response so easily. Moving on closer, "Ah'm glad you could join us, we're gonna need all the hep we can get." She then gave him an equally akward smile, "Ah'd love to get a chance to do some catching up...." Dash then glanced over at Inanna nervously, then back at Chuan, "unless you're busy right now."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #1877
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At hearing Etrina's voice calling out to her, Parsley stopped and turned halfway to face her. "That's correct." The human mage wanted to train with her. The last time that happened, she ended up with a broken arm. Then again, she doubted Etrina meant physical training. "I don't suppose there's a problem with that, though I'll already have company in Inanna."

    She looked at her critically. "What would be the nature of your training?"
    "....Well....seems I'm fated to get locked in a magic cage at some point in my near future." Etrina waved a finger in the air dismissively. "...and I hate when someone dictates my future, especially fate. So.....I need to pick up a trick or two to help me specifically against magic....and who better to test them with then the one person I know who seems to be a natural at foiling magic."

    Etrina smirks. "...I get practice....you get to kick my ass......theoretically."

  3. #1878
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    OT: Moving things along........

    IC:

    Time passes, and Mourn calls everyone to the bridge. He motions to the view screen that shows a rippling, almost invisible, energy that distorts space and seems to be hindering the ships entry into unknown Threshling space.

    ďWeíve been scanning it for half an hour, with nothing coming up. Our ships canít enter. Some sort of defensive system the Threshlings have in place. However, just now we got a ping. Apparently the barrier is imperfect somehow. A portion that should be active isnít, it just looks it. Hilda indicates this means the spell that powers the barrier is has somehow either been sabotaged, which she thinks, or somehow failed. Iím inclined to believe her theory, as we do have traces of a previous ship passing through here.Ē

    He gives the order to move into Threshling space.

    ďBaradur is the first planet weíll run across according to our Threshling allies onboard. Hilda indicates that will be the place where the spell failed at. We should be there in minutes.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #1879
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,270

    Default

    Inanna grunted, and unfolded her arms.

    "It's down because friends of ours have been busy doing what you should've done years ago." She responded flatly. "Sat on your hands for several years after Jagam... and only now lifted a finger when you sussed out we'd gone hunting."

    Typical Galaxy Police.

    "Further reinforced my wondering why this 'escort' was necessary... but better late than never. The GP motto, yes?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  5. #1880
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna grunted, and unfolded her arms.

    "It's down because friends of ours have been busy doing what you should've done years ago." She responded flatly. "Sat on your hands for several years after Jagam... and only now lifted a finger when you sussed out we'd gone hunting."

    Typical Galaxy Police.

    "Further reinforced my wondering why this 'escort' was necessary... but better late than never. The GP motto, yes?"
    Mourn raises an eyebrow.

    “We never knew where the deuce the Threshlings were. Jagam made a habit of sacking any GP info center that had even a sliver of information that might point towards their location, and sorry your mightiness, but space is big and other people have needed our help. We can’t be everywhere.”

    He points to Neva.

    “Even she didn’t have the galactic coordinates of her own homeworld. Your Gold Knight commander friend is literally the first one who’s be able to direct anyone there. At least from what we’ve gathered and what your Kami told me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #1881
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mourn raises an eyebrow.

    “We never knew where the deuce the Threshlings were. Jagam made a habit of sacking any GP info center that had even a sliver of information that might point towards their location, and sorry your mightiness, but space is big and other people have needed our help. We can’t be everywhere.”

    He points to Neva.

    “Even she didn’t have the galactic coordinates of her own homeworld. Your Gold Knight commander friend is literally the first one who’s be able to direct anyone there. At least from what we’ve gathered and what your Kami told me.”
    "This is far worse than I thought..." Inanna said, before rubbing her eyes wearily. "Even with my low expectations, I've overestimated you."

    How could the GP be this inep- Ah yes.

    It was because of that little cardboard fellow. Durive. Not for anything he himself had done, no. That little golem was clearly a genius. Simply stifled by those under his command; and by those above him in the chain of command that would rather follow their own advice and not his. Mourn being perhaps the best example. And understanding that?

    There was a pause, before Inanna sighed.

    "One supposes arguing with a brick wall is bound to end with mortar all over my fist. So in the interest of not getting your bloo- mortar, all over my fist; I'll simply go for some fresh air." With that, Inanna walked through the hull of the ship and into the void of space.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 07-07-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  7. #1882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mourn raises an eyebrow.

    “We never knew where the deuce the Threshlings were. Jagam made a habit of sacking any GP info center that had even a sliver of information that might point towards their location, and sorry your mightiness, but space is big and other people have needed our help. We can’t be everywhere.”

    He points to Neva.

    “Even she didn’t have the galactic coordinates of her own homeworld. Your Gold Knight commander friend is literally the first one who’s be able to direct anyone there. At least from what we’ve gathered and what your Kami told me.”
    Neva breathed in deeply, releasing it in a purposeful, annoyed manner. "Why yes, I, a princess of the Threshling Empire, who is obsessed with learning all she can just so neglected to log her own homeworld's coordinates, just as foolish old men neglect to think before they speak."

    She paused for a moment to calm her anger at that... slight at her intelligence. "Of course I know the location of my homeworld. The coordinates are simply encoded in our people's proprietary manner. Had anyone asked, after all that has transpired, I gladly would have translated the location to the standard galactic starmap coordinates and shared them. Why, I'm sure even your organization could manage it, if you pooled your resources."

    She did not want to offend or drive off potential allies, but the implication that she would be so braindead as to not know the location of her own homeworld was... ugh!
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  8. #1883
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,031

    Default

    Durive was outside of the ship, hanging on by a tether attached to a breathing apparatus meant for space-walking and general emergency repairs. Now, one might be asking why Durive even required a helmet as he does not appear to require oxygen to function.

    Anyway, was attempting a to doodle his finest work on the side of the ship. So the Threshlings would know what hit 'am when they arrive. But, alas the ship was far too advanced, far too fast. In his three attempts to draw an extremely badass dragon, every design so far somehow ended up looking like a turd.

    Unacceptable! How could that happen! Drive wouldn't stand for this. There was only one way to fix it. One big red x over each turd. There. That sends an even better message. Durive wasn't sure what that was, but that would be for the Threshlings to figure out.

  9. #1884
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Neva breathed in deeply, releasing it in a purposeful, annoyed manner. "Why yes, I, a princess of the Threshling Empire, who is obsessed with learning all she can just so neglected to log her own homeworld's coordinates, just as foolish old men neglect to think before they speak."

    She paused for a moment to calm her anger at that... slight at her intelligence. "Of course I know the location of my homeworld. The coordinates are simply encoded in our people's proprietary manner. Had anyone asked, after all that has transpired, I gladly would have translated the location to the standard galactic starmap coordinates and shared them. Why, I'm sure even your organization could manage it, if you pooled your resources."

    She did not want to offend or drive off potential allies, but the implication that she would be so braindead as to not know the location of her own homeworld was... ugh!
    OT:

    Hmm.....

    The only issue is that specifically none of the Threshlings (Jagam, Luop, Anula) actually knew. They could get back via Auroc’s Gate, but the actual stellar coordinates are a hidden truth (massive xenophobics). Especially since the Threshlings didn’t even have actual space ships until recently (modified off Kakarot’s space pod when it crashed on Reshlan), and the few they have are not overly advanced.

    It was kind of a plot point that until this moment none of you could get there. I even had the Golden Knight specifically mention he knew the way back.

    I suppose Neva could have known. I just presumed her ‘exile’ had kept her from knowing.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #1885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

    Hmm.....

    The only issue is that specifically none of the Threshlings (Jagam, Luop, Anula) actually knew. They could get back via Auroc’s Gate, but the actual stellar coordinates are a hidden truth (massive xenophobics). Especially since the Threshlings didn’t even have actual space ships until recently (modified off Kakarot’s space pod when it crashed on Reshlan), and the few they have are not overly advanced.

    It was kind of a plot point that until this moment none of you could get there. I even had the Golden Knight specifically mention he knew the way back.

    I suppose Neva could have known. I just presumed her ‘exile’ had kept her from knowing.
    OOC: She intended to eventually return. I'm pretty sure she had at least rough coordinates... but it's a moot point because she was too busy being a reclusive NEET in her pocket dimension, anyway. And hanging out with rambunctious saiyan girls.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  11. #1886
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    OT: It’s all good. I’ll be editing several posts to better fit. My apologies all!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #1887
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Held's spiralling beam loosed just as the intensity of the Priestess's lightning increased, its trajectory coalescing forward in a precise path of obliteration.

    Not a moment too soon. In this battle where their opponents clashed with forces sufficient to level planets, precision in each shifting moment was key. There, in the space between seconds, swifter than the fall of thunder and the slipstream of white-hot energies invoked in Auroc's name, there was a narrow path to take.

    The call divine fell to light the path of the Threshling God. If it were to align with the seal, it would draw the source of their worship towards the fatal prayers of Priestess Cin, and their excursion would have been for nothing.

    The Fire of the Phoenix, Hoyokusen! A technique that was formerly brought to arms under a Red banner now dashed against the light of Threshling fanaticism! The hard, jagged shapes of the thunderbolts fell upon them, a divine lash to smite them to ruin, but when Ochazuke and Zaofan threw hand and eye forward, a thousand burning feathers folded into two great, flaming wings, crumpleing the collected energy into a white plume, arresting its fall just so as it reverse the energy flow.

    Yet even with both of their efforts in diverting the energy, the font of prayers from the Faithful Converted gathered such sheer mass towards the wounded body of the Threshling Priestess that with its nigh endless surplus to tap into, it continued to slowly bear down on them. Flashing current discharged into the remnants of the ziggurat, each flash of ligh seeming to grind stone and alloy alike to smoking ash.

    Tethers of energies began to cascading below, converging towards those seven focal points where the runes stood, emblazoned with that energy. To behold it was to know the shape of their true energy, and in their minds briefly raised the spectre of that day of the Great Eye wreathed in fire vermilion and viridian. The flash of its horrible gaze fro some distant star was to cripple what it beheld with fear and call knot the yoke of servitude.

    Then the spiralling horn cast from Held's spear pierced the rune array, and the foundation holding the Priestess' spell together unravelled. With nowhere to go, the raw energy crashed over the focal points, twisting directionless...and outward, snaking through and shattering the ki constructs of Piercing Horn Forest as it washed over the rapidly disintegrating Ziggurat's peak.

    In the final push with Zaofan, Ochazuke's eyes widened as he sensed a sudden discrepancy. The energy collected and put into this battlefield, something in the ether was pulling at it, twisting it upward into the sky, to the atmosphere above and towards...

    Without further hestation, he seized upon the retreating thunderbolt. Banjakuza!

    Fathoms below under the jungle canopy, the Navigators under Captain Ulysses had marshalled a final peacekeeping effort, encircling the Converted and forcing a surrender. When teh column of white fire alit from the peak of the Ziggurat and tore a hole in the sky with such fervour that darkness bled into the day, the locals on either faction could see it. The awe as much as harrowing terror rose in them just as well as the Silver Knight Canon, and the Lord Herald Blacktongue where they were restrained as the eyes of Auroc's effigy lit up for a moment, then collapsed entirely as it toppled and fell gracelessly down the stories of steps to the ground below.

    And in the end, amid the smell of the blooming ashes little remained. Crouched in the collapsed mass of the ceiling, Ochazuke, Zaofan and held now stood before Cin, High Priestess of Baradur. Divested of her strength, she had diminished to something frail, rendered all too mortal, her eyes, empty amber pools, stared ahead listlessly from her swarthy face, a gentle quiver upon her lip carrying no words, only shallow gasps of utter disbelief.
    A heavy sigh of relief went unheard among the shattering of stone and the dampening of sound created by plumes of dust, but it was there nonetheless.

    Such nusiences did nothing to disrupt the Shingan, piercing through the veil like the tip of Unicorn's horn. His sight told him what his instincts knew, as he looked upon the shocked, impotent form of the priestess, her mind struggling to make sense of how mere 'mortals' could undo the works of a supposed god.

    "Well...." The Nevadian twirrled his spear overhead with blinding speed, creating a mighty vortex that dispelled the thick dust from around the area, scattering it to the four corners.

    "That was a bit tougher than I expected..." The twirling stopped, and the Nevadian placed the tip of the spear onto what little footholds still remained. "...Or maybe I just need to get out a bit more."

    He moved uncomfortably, adjusting an unseen unpleasantness in his back. "....Yes, but it's probably both."

    Good Grief, we weren't even up against the real deal and it was that rough? I'd hate to think what would have happen if we ran into Auroc unprepared, as opposed to his lackeys....

    His attention turned to one of the remaining lackeys, her spirit shattered worse than the stone structure that was once a place of worship, now a house of ruination.


    He felt a pang of sympathy for the woman, handed a defeat that no doubt penetrated to the very root of her being, mind, body, and soul. It was likely nothing compared to the crushing of the essence of those indoctrinated into her cult, but it was worth noting, nonetheless.

    But, that was a tale for another day.

    "Captain?" Held spoke, contacting Ulysses over the communicator, "We have another one to bring in for pickup. Is it all well on your end?"

    He glanced at his two great friends as he continued speaking, "There's no rush, since we have much to do here, but I did want to get that drink at some point during nightfall..."
    Last edited by Miburo; 07-08-2020 at 09:18 AM.

  13. #1888
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    OT:

    To clear things up and avoid editing multiple posts, we’ll just go with this instead.

    The GP never picked you up. If you decide to travel via ship, the First Race ones you have will suffice. Instead, Hilda showed up at the Lookout (so dialogue with her still happened). Neva obviously knows the way, so all is good.

    The GP is currently helping its’ ally, the Saiyan Empire, fend off and look for Tundra (and his associates who attacked). That explains why they are not around. They did however send Blizzar and Tanaki to Earth (Tanaki as pilot of Blizzar’s ship, Blizzar to help you guys). That way Blizzar is with you and Tanaki’s dialogue with Praxat and Dash still occurred (except for taking about the new engines). Tanaki will be watching over Earth in your absence. Talk of the Beast God can have happened between Rex and Tanaki instead.

    At this moment, no time has been wasted. All those planning on heading to Threshling Space can still do so. Currently, the main group has yet to leave we’ll say and we shall pick it up from the Lookout. Chuan and Slak also made it to the Lookout.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #1889
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

    To clear things up and avoid editing multiple posts, we’ll just go with this instead.

    The GP never picked you up. If you decide to travel via ship, the First Race ones you have will suffice. Instead, Hilda showed up at the Lookout (so dialogue with her still happened). Neva obviously knows the way, so all is good.

    The GP is currently helping its’ ally, the Saiyan Empire, fend off and look for Tundra (and his associates who attacked). That explains why they are not around. They did however send Blizzar and Tanaki to Earth (Tanaki as pilot of Blizzar’s ship, Blizzar to help you guys). That way Blizzar is with you and Tanaki’s dialogue with Praxat and Dash still occurred (except for taking about the new engines). Tanaki will be watching over Earth in your absence. Talk of the Beast God can have happened between Rex and Tanaki instead.

    At this moment, no time has been wasted. All those planning on heading to Threshling Space can still do so. Currently, the main group has yet to leave we’ll say and we shall pick it up from the Lookout. Chuan and Slak also made it to the Lookout.
    OT:

    So, the last several pages of posts never happened. You're restarting from back at the lookout. Kinda a Bobbie Ewing in the shower moment then. Only it's not all a dream.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-08-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #1890
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OT:

    So, the last several pages of posts never happened. You're restarting from back at the lookout. Kinda a Bobbie Ewing moment then.
    Sure.

    I just figured this would be the smoothest and simplest way. No extra NPC’s and the GP can still be doing something worthwhile far in the background.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •