Page 151 of 371 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "How odd. She seems... dispersed. My guess would be that she has made herself ethereal or otherwise one with the environs, while still retaining her capability to act. Clever, and troublesome. I have no way to directly attack her, but I would venture a guess that maintaining that state requires a significant amount of concentration and energy. And she is obviously expending more combating your attempts to free your fellows..."

Nevanlinna grimaced. Well then, now what? She couldn't break away from this, and she couldn't think of a way off-hand to force the Maven out of that state... damn it. So it was a battle of attrition, then? Even with Hozon, she wasn't sure she could win such a conflict...

"Hm, shall we compound her troubles, then?" Voyavoda cracked his neck.

Flames of the Golden Ruler-Technique Synthesis ~Aura Magetta's Cleansing Flames~

Suddenly, the Nuova Phoenix Armor he had been maintaining for quite some time exploded outward, covering the battlefield--and beyond--in a roaring inferno.

However, curiously, these flames did not burn--using his mastery of his ki and refined techniques, Voyavoda wove together Aura Magetta and Cleansing Flame, amplified by (incomplete, at this juncture, sadly) the Nuova Phoenix Armor he had just "expended" to create a wide-ranging inferno that would aid the princess' efforts to free this group of knights. He had proven the theory that this corruption could be cleared by Cleansing Flame against that Golden Knight... so surely this would force that witch to expend even more energy to counteract his efforts and the princess'. If nothing else, it would tip a battle of attrition in their favor... or maybe even force her to appear in one place.

And, as a cherry on top of all of this, Voyavoda waded into the group of knights, to apply even more Cleansing Flames the same way he had against that knight--focused through the Phoenix Eye Fist.

Heh, he was quite enjoying himself. It had been a good idea to offer to come here in Toto's stead, and it was proving to be quite the ample distraction from thoughts of his wife's... passing.

[Flames of the Golden Ruler-Technique Synthesis ~Aura Magetta's Cleansing Flames~ is improved by +3 tiers above Voya's normal level of capability. Counter reset and Nuova Phoenix armor and Aura Magetta are unusuable until technique is ended.]
    The added oomph does cause a reaction.

As the Nevadian starts purifying several knights, he feels the new aura he had added to Neva’s own suddenly...warp.

A massive cold starts to settle in the area, and you notice one hapless Priestess freeze entirely and than shatter.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The noble walks away, not before kicking Parsley though.

After a few moments, Parsley, your vision whites and suddenly, you find yourself seemingly floating over your body.

“Wow, that sucked. Not much for fair fights huh?”

A male voice nearby speaks out, oddly cheery.
    Heh, he fell for it. Parsley was, of course, still alive. Such an attack from a cowardly wretch could never kill someone like her. It did, however, hurt, but pain was weakness leaving the body.

The blow also opened wide the avenue for the Threshling noble's death. He spilled her blood. Granted, he couldn't have known she was a blood mage. Or perhaps he did and he severely overestimated the killing power of his paltry sword. Regardless, he was due to die in a moment. She had the spellwork already worked out. When he walked away

Why was her vision turning white? What the hell was going on?

That voice? What?

"Who are you and why did you take me from the battle?" she demanded.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With the queen's shout of power, Zaofan grinned to himself as she'd freed herself when he caught a heel to the gut.

"OOF--!"

It seemed the Gold Knight had suddenly picked up the pace now that Nevanlinna's mother was on the verge of breaking out. He'd hardly been able to guard the last few strikes as he closed the gap and landed a swipe on him.

Well, Zaofan had been caught off guard for a moment, but right, now his eyes were wide open for a point blank Optic Blast!

ZARK

Hey, hello. I've encountered a bit of a situation down here, he spoke over the psychic connection, just confirming for everyone, though, that the Queen is safe!

As he examined the seal further, its makeup and how its energies intertwined with the world, Ochazuke said nothing as the hall echoed with the sound of the knight's laughter. Silently, he lay his heavy fingers over one of his pauldrons and studied the silver suit that was this soldier's pride and rank.

Broad-set, heavy protection, yet it was more like a second skin than a carapace, allowing a maximum level of articulation.

The plates buckled in an instant as Ochazuke's grip tightened, and he pulled the shoulder inward against the winged scapula; Where he held the joint lock on the Silver Knight, he'd decoupled the entire joint.

"How vainglorious." He kicked out the knee of the Silver knight. "You presume I want anything to do with Reshlan, but for the matter of your Master's wandering eye."

Swiftly, he bound his other arm behind his back. Pliable anatomy or not, they still had bones.

"So talk. How will Auroc's grand design serve your people?"

One way or another, he would unravel the true nature of the seal...and would determine very swiftly if this pawn was lying.
    The Knight takes most of the attack, his armor cracking but holding up.

He vanished and reappears behind Zaofan, one blade aiming at the Queen and another at him. Darn stretching limbs.

————

The Silver Knight grunts and muffles a curse.

“The planet! Master Auroc has enough power to rip the last vestiges from Reshlan if all is lost! When..when that happens the Rune will activate and this planet, and...everything...around will be destroyed. The Grand Maven and Lord Auroc....have learned to preserve....our minds....and we shall be...given.....perfected forms! The....Threshling race shall.....survive and...become masters of...the stars. You cannot...stop the tide...that is coming, guttertrash!”

His leg bends awkwardly, whipping up and attempting to kick Ochazuke off him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian scowled slightly at the interlopers--Well, the interlopers to his interloping--swift appearance. He figured someone would get suspicious of the rapidly climbing energy signature and investigate, but he didn't imagine it would be so soon. Perhaps it could not be helped. The majority of the battles were some distance away from his location, making it more difficult to mask his activities.

His grip on his spears tightened as he focused his attack. It would be far too difficult to properly charge energy for the attack while fending off two competent attackers. It could be done, to a certain extent--Rudimentary blocks and counters, and some evasives--but attacking with the whole of his body, his inventory of skills, was entirely out of the question.

Thankfully, the Shingan provided options that a more mundane warrior might have lacked.

Turning his gaze westward, the energy manifested within the Shingan, as it's deep scarlet grew deeper still.

His eyes widened in effort as he stared into the visage of his opponent from his left.

SHINGAN: OVERTAKER!

Unseen energy burst from the Nevadians gaze, threatening to invade the body of his opponent, Helds ki intermingling with his own, poised to override the Threshlings control of his own body. The Nevadian had not the luxury for finely tuned control over the noble, were he successful.

He simply would have forced the noble to accelerate into his comrade at a breakneck pace, before making his own Ki erupt from the various orifices of the poor puppet, enveloping them both in a most unpleasant explosion of energy.

OT: Two Posts until charged complete
    OT: huh.

IC:

The first Noble gets taken over, the will already supplanted by fanaticism.

As he goes to careen with the second, this one was perhaps a bit more savvy. He artfully dishes and then fires abram that knocks his companion away so that when the energy explodes, only the first one is taken out by it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The blow lands true, and the spear, and the crystal (impales upon it) fly away.

Auroc screams in rage as he suddenly unleashed a torrent of his Gift, sheets of black transformative vomit and bloody raining down all around.
    Cursing under her breath, Dash shields herself and tries to move quickly out of the area. She didn't know what else to do at the moment, but she did look for other allies or M-Fighters to warn them. She didn't know where Shaseem or Rex was, only that she assumed they saw what was happening.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Heh, he fell for it. Parsley was, of course, still alive. Such an attack from a cowardly wretch could never kill someone like her. It did, however, hurt, but pain was weakness leaving the body.

The blow also opened wide the avenue for the Threshling noble's death. He spilled her blood. Granted, he couldn't have known she was a blood mage. Or perhaps he did and he severely overestimated the killing power of his paltry sword. Regardless, he was due to die in a moment. She had the spellwork already worked out. When he walked away

Why was her vision turning white? What the hell was going on?

That voice? What?

"Who are you and why did you take me from the battle?" she demanded.
    A man sits mid-air beside her, smiling. He has dark spikey hair, an orange gi, and a golden halo over his head.

“Hi, I’m Son Goku! Nice to meet you!”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: ...I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do, lol.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

A man sits mid-air beside her, smiling. He has dark spikey hair, an orange gi, and a golden halo over his head.

“Hi, I’m Son Goku! Nice to meet you!”

The man was a Saiyan. That much was certain. Yet, he wore odd clothes and had an even stranger name.

That, plus his weirdly cheerful attitude had Parsley at a loss for words. "Who...why are you here? What do you want?"

She, through her sheer confusion as to what the hell was going on, remember her manners. "I'm Parsley, Saiyan Princess. Well met, Son Goku."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cursing under her breath, Dash shields herself and tries to move quickly out of the area. She didn't know what else to do at the moment, but she did look for other allies or M-Fighters to warn them. She didn't know where Shaseem or Rex was, only that she assumed they saw what was happening.
    She can no longer see Auroc.

The black vomit rain does seem to be going towards your allies.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The man chuckles and leans against the staff.

“Come now, you can do better than that, yes? I’m old, Miss, and have survived Auroc’s tyranny. Strangling to death would be a mercy compared to his threats.”

His staff glows.

Be Stone, young miss. Be stone.”

From her feet up, Inanna’s feet start turning into stone.
    "A transmogrification spell? Really?" Inanna cuts open her thumb with a flick of her claws, and the spell stops in its tracks. "I've got more important things to tinker with you know~" Turning back toward her 'work' the woman continued her attempts to strip the planet of its teleportation denying magicks.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC: ...I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do, lol.
    Essentially super cold magic is trying counter your fiery aura.

I will say his senses are keen enough to know this isn’t the Maven doing this.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She can no longer see Auroc.

The black vomit rain does seem to be going towards your allies.
    Activating her communicator (OOC: I am assuming she and others have one, if not I'll edit) Dash calls out, "Watch out, Auroc fell apart an is now raining down an spreading out."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

The man was a Saiyan. That much was certain. Yet, he wore odd clothes and had an even stranger name.

That, plus his weirdly cheerful attitude had Parsley at a loss for words. "Who...why are you here? What do you want?"

She, through her sheer confusion as to what the hell was going on, remember her manners. "I'm Parsley, Saiyan Princess. Well met, Son Goku."
    His eyes widen.

“Wow! A princess huh? I only ever met Vegeta, and he’s always going on about he’s the Prince of all Saiyans. Are you two related?

He looks around.

“Don’t know why I’m here. This didn’t happen the first time I was dead.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "A transmogrification spell? Really?" Inanna cuts open her thumb with a flick of her claws, and the spell stops in its tracks. "I've got more important things to tinker with you know~" Turning back toward her 'work' the woman continued her attempts to strip the planet of its teleportation denying magicks.
    They are at about half strength.

A tsking sound from the man, and Inanna your blood suddenly seems to...jerk..as more starts pouring from the thumb wound and into the man’s staff.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Essentially super cold magic is trying counter your fiery aura.

I will say his senses are keen enough to know this isn’t the Maven doing this.
    The added oomph does cause a reaction.

As the Nevadian starts purifying several knights, he feels the new aura he had added to Neva’s own suddenly...warp.

A massive cold starts to settle in the area, and you notice one hapless Priestess freeze entirely and than shatter.
    OOC: I see.

IC: Voyavoda blinked when the priestess froze and then shattered. Well, he was quite certain that was not what he was going for. How... unfortunate for the young lady. Saying a prayer for the departed, he scanned the flows of energy... and discovered something quite interesting.

It had not been the Maven that had done that, but... some other force. Yet more hidden enemies...

Turning his attention to this new threat, he attempted to gain a 'lead' on it, focusing his Shingan on the wisps of cold energy clinging to the shattered priestess. An opponent that could modify the nature and intent of another's aura was rare indeed... and a dire threat. One that had to be put down swiftly and without hesitation.

~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Seri had survived the spike, but the attempt had thrown her back--in this case, downwards--and she bounced upon impact with the ground. Of course, this also knocked the wind out of her, and she rolled onto her back, wincing in pain.

...I'm totally in over my head. But I can't give up now!

Sitting up, she glanced to where Auroc had been. In the little bit she'd been recovering, he'd disappeared and... oh crap, there was tons of that black goop that made people into bad guys in the sky! What the heck!?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.