Page 97 of 371 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Speaking of hatchlings...

His gaze set ahead to the endless blue of the skies surrounding the Lookout, Rex watched them from the peripheral of his vision as the human and... frog or toad alien? He vaguely recalled them from observing through Charco, but didn't bother to remember any concrete details as they didn't seem important enough to remember. What was important, however, was that they were approaching for some reason. His tail slapped the ground much harder this time, sending cracks across the tiling surrounding the impact point.

"Do we have a problem?" He said, his voice rumbling like thunder, his words a polite growl.
    "Ah can never figure you out, Rex. Why you keep turning up as if you're tryin to step into the life you stole..." Dash voice cut short when she noticed his hand, "or perhaps only borrowed."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah can never figure you out, Rex. Why you keep turning up as if you're tryin to step into the life you stole..." Dash voice cut short when she noticed his hand, "or perhaps only borrowed."
    His eyes narrowed, arms uncrossing from their previous position across his chest. The brief temptation to end her here and now crossed his mind, but Rex had to remind himself; he was better than that. Long were the days of mindless combat of his less... sentient kin. That was not to say that the hatchling's words to be ignored, though.

"I have seen the rise and fall of empires. Civilizations have fallen to my anger and places where I once tread were turned into holy sites. Your ancestors most likely bowed at my feet, pleading to serve me... and you have the audacity to call me a thief? You dare say that I have no role in the fate of this world; a planet I have saved countless times before you were ever conceived? Your training has either placed you upon the same pedestal as gods for such confidence, or you've suffered enough brain damage for such ignorance."

His eyes narrowed, arms uncrossing from their previous position across his chest. The brief temptation to end her here and now crossed his mind, but Rex had to remind himself; he was better than that. Long were the days of mindless combat of his less... sentient kin. That was not to say that the hatchling's words to be ignored, though.

"I have seen the rise and fall of empires. Civilizations have fallen to my anger and places where I once tread were turned into holy sites. Your ancestors most likely bowed at my feet, pleading to serve me... and you have the audacity to call me a thief? You dare say that I have no role in the fate of this world; a planet I have saved countless times before you were ever conceived? Your training has either placed you upon the same pedestal as gods for such confidence, or you've suffered enough brain damage for such ignorance."
    "For someone so high an mighty, you sure do throw around insults like a commoner." Dash considered ignoring him and walking away, but her curiosity got the better of her, "If'n you're so self important, what brings you here of all places? Ah can't imagine anyone would have invited you."

"For someone so high an mighty, you sure do throw around insults like a commoner." Dash considered ignoring him and walking away, but her curiosity got the better of her, "If'n you're so self important, what brings you here of all places? Ah can't imagine anyone would have invited you."
    "As the Strongest, I must protect the Earth from any upcoming threat, as this planet is mine and I will have no one be deluded into thinking otherwise." His gaze returned back to the surrounding sky, finding Dash lacking as a threat to him, "I was under the impression that your training was for this purpose as well unless you just enjoy wasting the time and resources of others."

The room of spirit and time was not something unknown to him, as he recalled being there through Zippa and Phospho. It was not something the Kami let anyone use so casually.

"As the Strongest, I must protect the Earth from any upcoming threat, as this planet is mine and I will have no one be deluded into thinking otherwise." His gaze returned back to the surrounding sky, finding Dash lacking as a threat to him, "I was under the impression that your training was for this purpose as well unless you just enjoy wasting the time and resources of others."

The room of spirit and time was not something unknown to him, as he recalled being there through Zippa and Phospho. It was not something the Kami let anyone use so casually.
    "Strongest, huh?" she gave him a skeptical look, then casually put her hands in her pockets, "We're just waitin our turn. More'n one way to become strong, more'n one kind of strength. Just don't'ca go an get yourself killed. We both know a green haired mage who'd be more'n happy to send you back to where-ever you came from."

Dash then turned as if to walk away.

"Strongest, huh?" she gave him a skeptical look, then casually put her hands in her pockets, "We're just waitin our turn. More'n one way to become strong, more'n one kind of strength. Just don't'ca go an get yourself killed. We both know a green haired mage who'd be more'n happy to send you back to where-ever you came from."

Dash then turned as if to walk away.
    He laughed, fully dropping his hostile intentions, "If this mage of yours truly seeks to face me, then they wouldn't need you to boast for them. Still, I will make no attempt to hide against any challengers. Just remember that the weak are food for the Strongest."

He laughed, fully dropping his hostile intentions, "If this mage of yours truly seeks to face me, then they wouldn't need you to boast for them. Still, I will make no attempt to hide against any challengers. Just remember that the weak are food for the Strongest."
    Turning her head back, "Yeah, well even the lowly peanut can kill a person. Best be careful what you eat." Dash then motions to Praxat to follow her to the RoSaT.

Turning her head back, "Yeah, well even the lowly peanut can kill a person. Best be careful what you eat." Dash then motions to Praxat to follow her to the RoSaT.
    Praxat doesn't say anything and follows Dash to the RoSaT.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    It hovered between 12 and 1, as the Nevadian ceased his attack, and the thrusters of the station did their part, restoring it to a pristine 12, before dying out in unison with the ships shields.

"...Status report?" Held asked over the comm sighing deeply.

"I...We're all going to need to request bed rest and emergency janitorial services, Sir." the voice informed him, her resolve replaced with unease nausea. "I--Oh No--"

The sound of mass vomiting could be heard in the background. First, one, then another, than another, joining in unison, a chorus of the unwell playing a sickening symphony.

"Approved." Held replied, cringing as he cut the communication rely. If his face could be seen through his helmet, the disgust was more than obvious.

"....Good Grief....Do I even want to go in there right now?"
    Suspended there in the silence of space, there was a brief reprieve to the bile chorus that served as his ill-fitting thanks. There always seemed to be a curious tendency of the universe for the Nevadian; for the man who can see everything, it was a curious oversight just how the circumstances surrounding him arose, and with such urgency to put them right.

For now the station had righted itself with no loss of life, and Held, perhaps, could simply take the moment to ruminate about the control reasserted over the sudden chaos.

Of course, that would be the moment the ringer blared out. Despite the cut comms, the notification flashed on the inner HUD of his helmet. This wasn't a domestic matter, this was the private line, its access granted only to a specific few for matters of the utmost confidence; which meant this was either a reversal of his current string of misfortunes, or something else entirely to add to the pile.

Held's incoming contact bore no name, only a singular initial: "U"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suspended there in the silence of space, there was a brief reprieve to the bile chorus that served as his ill-fitting thanks. There always seemed to be a curious tendency of the universe for the Nevadian; for the man who can see everything, it was a curious oversight just how the circumstances surrounding him arose, and with such urgency to put them right.

For now the station had righted itself with no loss of life, and Held, perhaps, could simply take the moment to ruminate about the control reasserted over the sudden chaos.

Of course, that would be the moment the ringer blared out. Despite the cut comms, the notification flashed on the inner HUD of his helmet. This wasn't a domestic matter, this was the private line, its access granted only to a specific few for matters of the utmost confidence; which meant this was either a reversal of his current string of misfortunes, or something else entirely to add to the pile.

Held's incoming contact bore no name, only a singular initial: "U"
    He just couldn't catch a break.

"Huh?" Held blinked absently for a moment, caught off guard by the sudden intrusion into his line of thought. His eyes narrowed from within his helmet as he made sense of a classified communication being sent his way.

It was obviously quite important. That meant nothing to him. Practically everything he found himself involved with now days was a matter of importance. If he wasn't helping save Earth, he was being tasked with a dozen other tasks of at least superficial importance. The joys of bureaucracy.

It shouldn't have been as surprising as it was, the classified call. He was an admiral after all, and the days of carefree wandering almost seemed like a distant memory. Despite all the busywork, planning, politics and various other tasks he found himself occupied with, this one was unique. Very few people had the clearance to even call him on a classified line, let alone someone he was unfamiliar with.

The "U" could have stood for anything, as far as he knew.

For a moment, the unknown caused the Nevadian apprehension he had not felt in some time. It was time to remedy that.

He pushed a button on the wrist of his suit, patching the communication in.

"This is He--" He caught himself. "This is Admiral Debon." He corrected himself, "I'll do myself a favor and assume that this isn't the head of Nevadian Janitoral...."

Even now he felt disease recalling the symphony of nausea and vomiting by his crew, barely pushing out of his mind the sheer horrifying mess that awaited him.

"So, let's get with who you are, and what I can do for you, U"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When he learned of how this virus came into existence, his hand immediately balled into a fist. "A... Tuffle virus..." He remembered hearing that phrase well, as he and Rutaba eavesdropped on a conversation Maiz had with one of the coroners who performed the autopsy on Parsley's body when they finally recovered it from Turrip and Tuffle bondage. She had been injected with three different viruses to learn of their effect on Saiyans. Her dying proved that they worked, with the last one causing their tails to whither away.

"No, they had similar viruses here, too," he eventually said, the bitterness at the memory of his sister's dead body on a cold operating table showing in his voice. "They injected her with all three. She died shortly after."

Pinach had never been that close to Parsley. Sometimes, he could go months without seeing or speaking to her. Still, it hurt to hear that she died, and even worse when he found out how she died. He had never seen Maiz or Sarada or his parents so sad and distraught. It changed his perception of what they thought of her and how much they cared for her. "She was brought back a year later. A few weeks after that, they tried to destroy us again with this super weapon Sarada said they called Teen or something. It went crazy and destroyed the planet they were fighting on, but Sarada and Parsley managed to escape. The Tuffles didn't and were killed in the explosion."

A part of him still hated them for all the trouble they caused, but another part of him felt bad for the Tuffles. They only wanted their planet back, but went about it in the worst way possible. As a result, they died with the planet they wanted so badly. Maiz told him a while ago that a person would always reap what they sowed. At the time, he didn't know what she was talking about; but as he grew older, he saw what she meant. The Tuffles reaped what they had sown, just like the Saiyans had. Only difference was that the Saiyans were strong enough to withstand the onslaught and the Tuffles weren't.

When it was time and he had finished eating, Pinach took a shower and went to sleep. It wasn't a restless night; he was exhausted from everything that had happened. It was likely the longest day of his entire life in that regard. He didn't dream, and that was probably a good thing. On the outside, Avoca and Tasure were fighting to save Ruco, and soon after that, Parsley and Sarada would be fighting to save their race. He wished he could be out there with them, but he'd only get in the way. If he was strong enough, then it wouldn't be a problem.

When he woke up and every day after that, training commenced after breakfast. His limits were constantly tested and pushed to the brink. There were many times he wanted to give up, but he reminded himself that he was a Saiyan. Saiyans never surrendered, not to the enemy and not to their own weakness. They pushed through and found a way to win. That was what Pinach did. He pushed through. As a result, he felt himself getting stronger with each day that passed by. Even their "off" days that consisted of meditation and thinking of new techniques, he fighting skills were refined by reflecting on where he went wrong and how to correct his mistakes.

He was becoming a warrior worthy of his station of Prince of all Saiyans.
    As the days passed, Rousong watched over and trained with the young hero. His progress and drive was... impressive, to say the least. Easily a match for his own, at least for the latter. Time would tell whether or not he maintained that drive, but, for now, Rousong had no complaints--a rare thing indeed.

As for himself, he focused on mastering Super Saiyan 3. First, he focused on acclimating himself to the borderline uncontrollable ki output of the form--a tall order, but he did make headway. When he first demonstrated it, he could hold the form for perhaps five minutes at most, and doing so was exhausting. By a quarter of the way in, he could hold it perhaps fifteen minutes, with a bit less power drop-off over the course of holding it and less exhaustion. Not ideal, and even with his immense talent, he'd only be able to hold the form for perhaps an hour by the time this was all over.

Of course, with how these things went, the longer he could hold the form, the more his body would adjust to it, so his 'mastery' of it would follow an exponential curve, akin to a pandemic once it passes a certain threshold of infected. Still, even an hour, with the form's extreme level of power, would be enough to overcome anything he was likely to encounter.

Though to be fair, the same could be said of the first and second levels, as well.

Regardless, by the time the third month has passed, he felt that Pinach was ready. His normal form was roughly as strong as he had been when he'd first ascended... so all that was needed was, well, that need. While hypothetically possible to simply transform by "figuring out" how the transformation worked, that was... only hypothetical.

Though he had a feeling his mom could have figured it out. She had created hitozaru, after all.

Mm.

The method he used with Sarada wouldn't work--he and Pinach were far from friends, but they were hardly at odds--so... he was going to do this entirely up-front.

Staring out into the void at their usual training spot, Rousong turned his head to Pinach. "Alright, it's about time. I'll not mince words, the method I'm going to use to give you need to transform will be terrifying, and you may very well die. But I believe you can do it... I was just about right where you are right now when I transformed. However... if you wish for more time, I will grant it. Make your choice."

Normally, he'd punish someone in Pinach's situation if they backed down, but Pinach was still a kid--yes, a kid on the cusp of manhood, but still a kid--and... admittedly, he had grown fond of the kid. His drive and... yes, his sense of justice reminded Rousong of better days.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat doesn't say anything and follows Dash to the RoSaT.
    Arriving at the entrance of the RoSaT, it was clear that those inside needed more time. "Ah guess we shouldn't be so impatient. Just the thought of finally getting to experience what's inside has me on edge, in a good kinda way." Dash leans against the corridor wall as she talks to Praxat, " Looks like we got some more time to kill, is there anythin you'd like to do while we wait?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    He just couldn't catch a break.

"Huh?" Held blinked absently for a moment, caught off guard by the sudden intrusion into his line of thought. His eyes narrowed from within his helmet as he made sense of a classified communication being sent his way.

It was obviously quite important. That meant nothing to him. Practically everything he found himself involved with now days was a matter of importance. If he wasn't helping save Earth, he was being tasked with a dozen other tasks of at least superficial importance. The joys of bureaucracy.

It shouldn't have been as surprising as it was, the classified call. He was an admiral after all, and the days of carefree wandering almost seemed like a distant memory. Despite all the busywork, planning, politics and various other tasks he found himself occupied with, this one was unique. Very few people had the clearance to even call him on a classified line, let alone someone he was unfamiliar with.

The "U" could have stood for anything, as far as he knew.

For a moment, the unknown caused the Nevadian apprehension he had not felt in some time. It was time to remedy that.

He pushed a button on the wrist of his suit, patching the communication in.

"This is He--" He caught himself. "This is Admiral Debon." He corrected himself, "I'll do myself a favor and assume that this isn't the head of Nevadian Janitoral...."

Even now he felt disease recalling the symphony of nausea and vomiting by his crew, barely pushing out of his mind the sheer horrifying mess that awaited him.

"So, let's get with who you are, and what I can do for you, U"
    The call screen expanded to a visual in the HUD, and on the other end the caller stared, a gloomy shadow. His thin face creased with hard lines highlighted the one, coal-black eye set deep under a fine brow.

The wind-tossed foliage carried with it the buzz of countless hidden insects. Despite the ambient, hissing heat of the apaprent tropics around him, the deathlike pallor of the man only futher pronounced a peculiar, remote coldness. A detached, if formal, voice spoke from him.

"Let's spare the formalities and get straight to it. This is Captain Ulysses Prizzm from Starship Penelope, access code 091225. This transmission is encrypted and..."

He paused and cleared his throat, as if he just realized this was a video call.

"...is this a bad time, Admiral," Ulysses asked flatly. "Pushing paper throw off your spatial equilibrium?"

The man swept a hand over his brow with a low grumble - something about land-lubbers.

"Whatever the case, we've delivered on our end of the commission. That sector they said was abandoned? Well, we've found a planet there. You can barely call it a Type One, real bunch of Alpha-Primitives living in this bush."

Suddenly, a sharp grin split his features. "Except for the royalty, that is. Our...cargo, they were particularly interested, especially the gloomy one who gave us the vector. When we touched down though, things...may have gotten a little out of hand with first contact."

His armour, brandishing the insignia of the Navigator's Guild, bore the ashen signs of recent combat.

"That aside, you want the good news first, or the bad news?"

Arriving at the entrance of the RoSaT, it was clear that those inside needed more time. "Ah guess we shouldn't be so impatient. Just the thought of finally getting to experience what's inside has me on edge, in a good kinda way." Dash leans against the corridor wall as she talks to Praxat, " Looks like we got some more time to kill, is there anythin you'd like to do while we wait?"
    "We could dance or do some reading? Oh, by the way, Qaztoh had reconstructive surgery done on her pupils a while back to fix an abnormality. She had an eye abnormality that caused her to have star-shaped pupils," Praxat said.

" She got it pupils corrected, and now they're vertical slit pupils like mine. Oh, you should see how now. She's built like a tank. Six foot five and two hundred and forty pounds of muscle. Yeah, she got big and had quite the growth spurt two years ago." Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "We could dance or do some reading? Oh, by the way, Qaztoh had reconstructive surgery done on her pupils a while back to fix an abnormality. She had an eye abnormality that caused her to have star-shaped pupils," Praxat said.

" She got it pupils corrected, and now they're vertical slit pupils like mine. Oh, you should see how now. She's built like a tank. Six foot five and two hundred and forty pounds of muscle. Yeah, she got big and had quite the growth spurt two years ago." Praxat said.
    "Oh? Well, good for her." Dash stood upright, "Might as well check to see if the library is open. Maybe we can find some reading materials." She then began walking out towards the entance to the Lookout's library.