Page 166 of 371 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    There! That glint in the eyes! Magic, of course.

Sasheem snapped his fingers, unleashing a magic of his own, or a counter magic as it were. "Mystic Materialization: Eternal Ashfire!" In reaction to Mauroc's magic, an urn formed right before his eyes, reacting to the magic and bursting in a bright red light as they detonated with magical energy.
    Mauroc curses and flies back, rubbing at his eyes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The other Mauroc suddenly vanished upwards, avoiding Parskey’s move, grabbing his blinded double, and the two go back to back.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    One of the cylinders on her back compresses downward, light flaring in Genesis’s eyes as she holds a hand up.

And Inanna’s attack freezes an inch away from Genesis’s hand.

The women gazes at the attack, perfectly frozen through temporal energy. For Inanna, it was like she was no longer channeling energy into the attack. It was just.....stopped. Frozen. Inanna and the surroundings were not frozen, only the attack somehow.

Genesis gently places her hand under the attack, tilting it up and angling it above her head, and then her eyes flash and the attack rushes forward once more, only it’s aimed above Genesis and out into the atmosphere instead.
    Well that was certainly anti-climactic.

What a waste.

With a snap, the attack detonated above head and still wreathed in Hakai, Inanna shot toward Genesis.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

" Dash, listen since we can't use energy attacks of any kind against them, our only option is physical attacks. We should be able to use the surrounding debris as physical projectiles against them," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well that was certainly anti-climactic.

What a waste.

With a snap, the attack detonated above head and still wreathed in Hakai, Inanna shot toward Genesis.
    Genesis stands and keeps her hand outstretched, awaiting Inanna’s first move as the attack explodes high above, the wind buffeting her hair about her face.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Genesis stands and keeps her hand outstretched, awaiting Inanna’s first move as the attack explodes high above, the wind buffeting her hair about her face.
    Inanna launches a massive uppercut, mid-flight. Only to miss the woman completely. Instead, ground beneath Genesis is upended.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Inanna launches a massive uppercut, mid-flight. Only to miss the woman completely. Instead, ground beneath Genesis is upended.
    Genesis goes with the motion, moving into the air as the ground is upended.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The other Mauroc suddenly vanished upwards, avoiding Parskey’s move, grabbing his blinded double, and the two go back to back.
    "How does it feel to be so close to death's door?" Parsley remarked once the Mauroc double fled and quickly regrouped with his twin.

What to do? Him being able to absorb energy severely cuts down on my options.

She fell silent and thought quickly. She still had a blood spell ready to fire, but would have rather had an opening to ensure it would strike. That, plus her lack of familiarity with Majins made her wary of attacking right away.

I think I have an idea.

She started to float upward towards the pair. "You're mighty plan appears to have failed in the most complete way possible. How embarrassing for you, an almighty deity, to be shown up by lesser beings! Have you anything to say, or has failure reduced you to a gibbering buffoon?"

As she spoke, she laid the parts for her spell in place, so that it could be triggered as soon as she was ready.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "How does it feel to be so close to death's door?" Parsley remarked once the Mauroc double fled and quickly regrouped with his twin.

She fell silent and thought quickly. She still had a blood spell ready to fire, but would have rather had an opening to ensure it would strike. That, plus her lack of familiarity with Majins made her wary of attacking right away.

I think I have an idea.

She started to float upward towards the pair. "You're mighty plan appears to have failed in the most complete way possible. How embarrassing for you, an almighty deity, to be shown up by lesser beings! Have you anything to say, or has failure reduced you to a gibbering buffoon?"

As she spoke, she laid the parts for her spell in place, so that it could be triggered as soon as she was ready.
    The Mauroc watching Parsley slowly turns and makes eye contact with her.

Parsley has seen hate before. Been hated and hated in turn. She has seen rage, loathing, and pure killing intent leveled at her.

Not like this though.

In the red eyes is a hatred so pure, so utter and vast that is dwarfs everything else. This is the hate of an entity that has existed longer than Parsey’s entire race, and for probably the first time since she had meet Auroc she sees something...different. In that hate filled gaze is the old survivor. The thing that lived on even as Titans and Gods and Heroes fell, it remained. Gone are the trappings of it’s false godhood and illusions of grandeur. What remains now is cold, calculating, and altogether alien in nature to its previous mentality of decadence and pompousness.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Having moved a little further away from the fight, Dash notices Praxat coming towards her.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Dash, listen since we can't use energy attacks of any kind against them, our only option is physical attacks. We should be able to use the surrounding debris as physical projectiles against them," Praxat said.
    "It's lookin that way." she shook her head, "We need to take a moment an not rush into it. The others have far more power than we do an they are bein pushed to their limits. If we're gonna fight, we're gonna fight smart. Projectiles might sting, but ah doubt they'll do much damage. Do you still have your sword with you?"

As she spoke, she summoned the Water Sword that went with her Water Armor.

OOC: 50/100
    Last edited by Tami; 09-22-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Genesis goes with the motion, moving into the air as the ground is upended.
    Like trying to catch water with bare hands. Inanna stopped, as Genesis drifted up. "When you're this far out of your depth, best way to win is not to play one supposes." The woman pointed down. "Killing your quarry before you get what you're after is probably my surest bet."

The woman took aim, and her power level spiked dangerously.

"Will the others forgive me, I wonder?"

Even if they didn't...

"Death..."

OT: Death From the Demon's Gate, next post.

Arx Inosaan

Like trying to catch water with bare hands. Inanna stopped, as Genesis drifted up. "When you're this far out of your depth, best way to win is not to play one supposes." The woman pointed down. "Killing your quarry before you get what you're after is probably my surest bet."

The woman took aim, and her power level spiked dangerously.

"Will the others forgive me, I wonder?"

Even if they didn't...

"Death..."

OT: Death From the Demon's Gate, next post.
    Genesis eyes her, head cocking to the side as if curious.

“You.....have something.”

Her eyes flit over and and land on Inanna’s.

“You have....new power. God power. Give it to me.”

She drifts down, another cylinder depressing in her back.

OT: She senses now what Lampton have you.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

I think I have an idea.

Parsley has seen hate before. Been hated and hated in turn. She has seen rage, loathing, and pure killing intent leveled at her.

Not like this though.

In the red eyes is a hatred so pure, so utter and vast that is dwarfs everything else. This is the hate of an entity that has existed longer than Parsey’s entire race, and for probably the first time since she had meet Auroc she sees something...different. In that hate filled gaze is the old survivor. The thing that lived on even as Titans and Gods and Heroes fell, it remained. Gone are the trappings of it’s false godhood and illusions of grandeur. What remains now is cold, calculating, and altogether alien in nature to its previous mentality of decadence and pompousness.
    Noting what Parsley did, the other Majin gets another idea of his own. Sasheem Ma-tobashi Boosts to the blinded Mauroc and chuckled, "You hear it too, can't you? The sounds of your failed endeavor for power? This would be never happened had you acted like a proper Majin from the start and now look at you. Much too late to fix anything..."

"Don't worry, Sasheem understands all too well..." the Majin noted. "So, he's offering a you a free chance. Take a shot at him. Any shot. You wanna hit something, so hit your better, the superior Majin!"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Not like this though.

"..."

Parsley had been subjected to hatred, pure and visceral, often. Many wished to kill her, especially after her antics during the Tournament of Destiny. However, this...

She had never seen such an unadulterated, purified hatred in her life. With was beyond what any short-lived mortal was capable of. This was reserved only for gods and ancient beings of times long since forgotten.

It would have been perfectly understandable to anyone watching if she trembled with fear. Yeah, instead of cower, she laughed. "Truth hurts, doesn't it?" she sneered while powering up. "You've already lost. We can leave right now and you'll never recover from this humiliation. Killing you is just a showing of good will to the race you enslaved for millennia."

What's your move? Her preternatural senses spread to keep her alert to anything that could attempt to catch her by surprise.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Noting what Parsley did, the other Majin gets another idea of his own. Sasheem Ma-tobashi Boosts to the blinded Mauroc and chuckled, "You hear it too, can't you? The sounds of your failed endeavor for power? This would be never happened had you acted like a proper Majin from the start and now look at you. Much too late to fix anything..."

"Don't worry, Sasheem understands all too well..." the Majin noted. "So, he's offering a you a free chance. Take a shot at him. Any shot. You wanna hit something, so hit your better, the superior Majin!"
    The blinded Mauroc pauses.

Then in one too-swift motion, its chest up to its mouth opens vertically and it attempts to eat Sasheem, lunging and biting all the way around his head, neck, and upper torso.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM