Page 225 of 371 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5560
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I mean, I'm not the one who's leaned into the fae look now am I. You get what you pay for, I'd say~"
    "Frankly, If I had to adjust your name for every cosmetic upgrade you've earned if the last few years I wouldn't even be able to pronouce it at this point." Faetr....err, Etrina smirked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Frankly, If I had to adjust your name for every cosmetic upgrade you've earned if the last few years I wouldn't even be able to pronouce it at this point." Faetr....err, Etrina smirked.
    "Imagine not being able to shapeshift~" Inanna said with a chuckle, before turning herself into Faetrina, voice and all. "Simply imagine~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

" Zaofan, for the record, I'm highly suspicious of Dash's mentor Reimi. For all, I know her offer might be bogus. however, I can't have a cloud of uncertainty over my head. I'm not taking Dash's side. Nah, do I agree with opinions about her mentor! Praxat said.

" You had every right to question her mentor. However, My choice to take this Reimi woman up on her offer is my decision and my decision alone. Even though I'm highly suspicious of her, I'm also highly curious about her. I want to learn who she is for myself, and not just take Dash's or anyone else's words on it," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

"Imagine not being able to shapeshift~" Inanna said with a chuckle, before turning herself into Faetrina, voice and all. "Simply imagine~"
    "First year magic tricks....suitable for a birthday party and nothing more....." Etrina raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "So yes, I can imagine....and tragically reality just doesn't match up....."

The mage crossed her arms and looked "herself" up and down. "Doubt you could even fool Zaofan with that...."

"First year magic tricks....suitable for a birthday party and nothing more....." Etrina raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "So yes, I can imagine....and tragically reality just doesn't match up....."

The mage crossed her arms and looked "herself" up and down. "Doubt you could even fool Zaofan with that...."
    "I'm a predator dear, not a sadist, of course I couldn't fool your little sheep." 'Faetrina' tittered, before shifting back into Inanna. "In any case, it seems I'm waiting on a final appraisal of the situation before the necessary steps are taken mm? Or are we simply just reveling in one another's company for the sake of it~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The Saiyans and the Arcosians had a rivalry dating back two millennia. Whenever they were in the same room together, a battle was an almost certainty. Even those that could operate together with some semblance of civility carried for the other a healthy measure of mistrust and disrespect. For her, the only one she wouldn't at least consider killing immediately was Blizzar, because of his affiliation with the Galaxy Police. Even then, she preferred to keep him at arm's length unless it was absolutely necessary.

She sighed and opened her eyes. "She's very amicable but not very open to trusting strangers blindly, yes," she agreed when Ochazuke finished speaking. "Though, both I and Sarada have spoken well of you to her, as well as Rutaba and Pinach. Simply telling her who you are should allow your reputation to carry on from there." Even still, she had no idea what kind of mind-frame Maiz was in. When she was last awake, she was still on Vocado and attempting to orchestrate a planet-wide evacuation of civilians during the middle of Auroc's invasion. There was no clue to the means through which Koorimaru's slaves rendered her unconscious, nor was there any inkling as to whether she would be disoriented or not. Then, there was the fact that she would be waking up on a foreign world she had never been to, confronted by a complete stranger and a hostile Arcosian.

With that in mind, she knew that reputation alone and the words of her four wards would most likely not be enough to put hear at ease.

"What do you need me to do?"
    Ochazuke nodded. Having a name known among Saiyans...probably was as high praise as Parsley would give out. However, time was short, and neither were interested in flattery.

"Cheh, from what little Koorimaru would allow me to see, she was unconscious, but otherwise unharmed."

Physically. He didn't say it, but both they both knew from experience there often stirred any number of things below the surface, and the energy of Creation was quite fickle when it was plucked from those ascended to use it.

"Even if she knows my name, she won't know my face," he said, "but she knows you. Do you have a memento, like a picture, something she would know came from you?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke nodded. Having a name known among Saiyans...probably was as high praise as Parsley would give out. However, time was short, and neither were interested in flattery.

"Cheh, from what little Koorimaru would allow me to see, she was unconscious, but otherwise unharmed."

Physically. He didn't say it, but both they both knew from experience there often stirred any number of things below the surface, and the energy of Creation was quite fickle when it was plucked from those ascended to use it.

"Even if she knows my name, she won't know my face," he said, "but she knows you. Do you have a memento, like a picture, something she would know came from you?"
    A memento that Maiz would immediately know came from Parsley...

She knew exactly what to give him.

She reached into a hidden pouch in her armor and pulled out a laminated photo. It was her, Sarada, and Maiz sitting in the park on a sunny afternoon. She was six years old and Sarada was only two. Parsley held onto this photo and cherished it more than any other she had of her childhood for one reason: it was one of the few times that she could remember feeling like a normal child. She wasn't a warrior, or a fighter, or a monster as some would call her. She was just a little six year old girl enjoying a picnic with her care-nurse and her little sister.

Looking at the photo briefly brought a wistful smile to her lips. It was gone the next moment, evaporated like tears on the scorching desert sands.

"She'll remember this," she said, handing Ochazuke the photo. "It's one of the few physical photographs I have."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"My brief confrontation with Remnant was telling enough," Inanna responded after a moment to reflect. "Right before it attempted to subsume my consciousness it at least stated plainly its ultimate aim: Rebirth. The universe is mine by right, and needs to be redone. Reborn amidst salt and smoke. Made better. Purer." The woman paused, to let the words sink in, before uttering a laugh.

"It's rather comical really."

Though there was something... curious about that confrontation that perhaps bore mentioning.

"The split second before Koorimaru departed. It wasn't Koorimaru I was looking at, speaking to. Could see it in the eyes; an amber glow." Ah, how had she missed that at first... possibly the result of what'd happened the moment before. No sense lamenting what'd come and gone. "Hmm.... Remnant was wearing the Arcosian like a cheap suit. A silver-lining of a kind," it did at least mean there was a way to determine which persona it was they were dealing with.

"Food for thought."
    "Glowing eyes, hmm," Ochazuke grunted, "Regardless, I suppose you shall determine whether we truly have some hidden ally in Koorimaru's muted spirit or not."

What truly marks the difference the hollow red? From this distance from the divine grudge from the dawn of time and the lust for power, if the Remnant of Inda'ren sought justice for what was taken from him, there would be hell to pay for what Asha'rah had done.

"It goes without saying that he cannot be allowed to open his gate, no matter what."

Zaofan, meanwhile, had been mulling over the motivation as Inanna had conveyed.

"Purer, better, reborn amidst salt and smoke?" Zaofan raised an eyebrow, then began to laugh. "Our guy really wants to bring out the bacon! Ha ha ha!"

"Get it? Because he's cutting the fat from the underbellyof the universe, and..."

Clearing his throat, he raised his hands and shrugged.

"...well, what's to seeing to one more thing before we get to go home anyway," he said wistfully.

"What, sorry...I zoned out for a moment when I was overcome with the urge to tear this universe apart and remake it so every time someone says the name Faetrina the nearest celestial body rams them at lightspeed...." Etrina muttered. "...and it would still be more legitimate then some of these idiots................and lets face it, you'd say it anyways...likely to abuse the convenient travel time."
    "So is this new look a Reshlan-only thing, or did you, ah, tap into something in the ether again?"

This was going to take some getting used to. Oh he'd get lost in her eyes for hours, but now they seemed just that much bigger, the fierce radiance just that much brighter, and-

"I mean, I know you have an ear pointed to many matters of the universe in ways I can't understand, but you don't have to worry, darling. You'll always the genuine article no matter what."

"...wait what?"

"I'm a predator dear, not a sadist, of course I couldn't fool your little sheep." 'Faetrina' tittered, before shifting back into Inanna. "In any case, it seems I'm waiting on a final appraisal of the situation before the necessary steps are taken mm? Or are we simply just reveling in one another's company for the sake of it~"
    "...guys I'm right here..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A memento that Maiz would immediately know came from Parsley...

She knew exactly what to give him.

She reached into a hidden pouch in her armor and pulled out a laminated photo. It was her, Sarada, and Maiz sitting in the park on a sunny afternoon. She was six years old and Sarada was only two. Parsley held onto this photo and cherished it more than any other she had of her childhood for one reason: it was one of the few times that she could remember feeling like a normal child. She wasn't a warrior, or a fighter, or a monster as some would call her. She was just a little six year old girl enjoying a picnic with her care-nurse and her little sister.

Looking at the photo briefly brought a wistful smile to her lips. It was gone the next moment, evaporated like tears on the scorching desert sands.

"She'll remember this," she said, handing Ochazuke the photo. "It's one of the few physical photographs I have."
    Taking the photograph, it struck Ochazuke that the edges seemed well-worn, and with a single glimpse, he understood.

He'd never seen Parsley in this light before, which emphasized just how delicate the matter was. The warrior, he'd come to know well over time, but she revealed in this instant that it was a strength built upon a foundation of something that she, too wished to protect.

Discreetly, he snapped it into a Capsule, and palmed it safely in confidence.

"You'll get it back soon."

With the silent pact made between them, while Reshlan would undergo a slow process of rebuilding, their group, for better or worse, would have to press forward to days of more battle.

The Guardian's ransom on Cortis II and the Remnant on Khoolis awaited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Dash walked, she heard a familiar voice speak just to her.

"While I appreciate the concern, it wasn't necessary. As they say, I am well old enough to take care of myself, and I was not offended by his actions. There is too much at stake for such minor things."

"Ah was shocked by what ah heard, an it wasn't fair to you."

"You can not view life solely by what is fair and what is not. A single moment in time, a single moment in space, a thought, a word, an act all impact on you only by the meaning you give to it. You still have much to do, so stay strong."

Dash sighed, then nodded, "I will, and give the family my regards."

She then turned around and looked for the gathering place where everyone would meet up.
    " Praxat meets up with Dash. " Look, Dash, I know Zaofan said some harsh things about your mentor, and you had every right to defend her. I'm going to take your mentor up on her offer because I'm curious about her. I want to get to know your mentor," Praxat said.

"I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoe's Dash. Zaofan had every right to question your mentor, Dash. However, he did not have the right to insult her. He could have questioned her without speaking ill of her, he should apologize to your mentor, but he won't," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-20-2020 at 02:07 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Blizzar remained silent during the impromptu meeting. He missed his chance to return to his ship and analyze his prizes, but they would simply have to be capsuled for now. One problem after another, eh? This time the perpetrator being the rogue element who massacred his homeworld. A fact he didn't quite know how to feel about. He had no love for that planet. A cruel fate such as that would be a taste of their own medicine, would it not? But he couldn't let his past color his judgement of his homeworld now. He hadn't visited since he and his family had fled as a child. Perhaps if there was anything left of his people after this matter was settled, he'd have to go and questioned if anything had changed at all....though given the circumstances of their untimely demise, he had his doubts.

Taking the photograph, it struck Ochazuke that the edges seemed well-worn, and with a single glimpse, he understood.

He'd never seen Parsley in this light before, which emphasized just how delicate the matter was. The warrior, he'd come to know well over time, but she revealed in this instant that it was a strength built upon a foundation of something that she, too wished to protect.

With the silent pact made between them, while Reshlan would undergo a slow process of rebuilding, their group, for better or worse, would have to press forward to days of more battle.

Sasheem, still recovering from the shock of the dinner so vilely stolen from him walked in the room late, though he'd heard the gist of it. Truthfully, he wanted to go back to Earth, but if he had to make a choice....going after the Remnant sounded like he'd be in for far more of fun time. And-a off he went!

Blizzar contemplated his choice fort a moment. He wasn't quite sure, however...to incur the Saiyan Royalty's favor....could be useful for him in the future. Blizzar made his way towards the portal to Cortis II.

"Glowing eyes, hmm," Ochazuke grunted, "Regardless, I suppose you shall determine whether we truly have some hidden ally in Koorimaru's muted spirit or not."

What truly marks the difference the hollow red? From this distance from the divine grudge from the dawn of time and the lust for power, if the Remnant of Inda'ren sought justice for what was taken from him, there would be hell to pay for what Asha'rah had done.

"It goes without saying that he cannot be allowed to open his gate, no matter what."

Zaofan, meanwhile, had been mulling over the motivation as Inanna had conveyed.

"Purer, better, reborn amidst salt and smoke?" Zaofan raised an eyebrow, then began to laugh. "Our guy really wants to bring out the bacon! Ha ha ha!"

"Get it? Because he's cutting the fat from the underbellyof the universe, and..."

Clearing his throat, he raised his hands and shrugged.

"...well, what's to seeing to one more thing before we get to go home anyway," he said wistfully.
    "I am not sure we are equipped for Remnant. Even I managed, barely, to force it to retreat." Inanna replied flatly. "But if we can retrieve Maiz..." the woman glanced at Parsley.

"Nothing else for it."

The risk was certainly high, Remnant was at least partly in possession of Hakai, and was her better at its use. The odds of successfully fighting him off should this be some manner of trap was...

Inanna chuckled.

"I'm overthinking. Quick and clean, that's how it will go."

"...guys I'm right here..."
    "That you are~" Inanna said, licking her lips. "Though there's nothing to fear, you're not my type. Besides, I'm taken~"

More than anything, Inanna just enjoyed the teasing.

Arx Inosaan

"Dash, I figured out how your mentor Reimi contacted me. She didn't call me well not, here on Reshlan. You see, when I gave Zaofan, my phone I had checked my phone's signal. It was at zero bars, and there wasn't a wifi signal either," Praxat said.

" There is no way she could have call me here on Reshlan. This is an uncharted space. Not even Jinzi's communicators can't reach here. Which leads me to my conclusion," Praxat said.

"Your mentor Reimi contacted my phone earlier when I was on Earth. She put a series of pre-recorded voice messages on my phone that would go off at specific times or with specific codes. Even if I wasn't on Reshlan, those messages would still have gone off. I figure she might have done it after I had talk to you about meeting her, Dash," Praxat said.

" I also pay close attention to the numbers on my phone when I hand it to Zaofan. The numbers that show on my phone weren't phone numbers. Rather, there were specific codes to set off pre-record messages on my phone. The ringing sound I heard was the first pre-record message your mentor Reimi put on my phone going off," Praxat said.

" The ringing sound actually alarmed me that something was a mist, as when I get a call my phone doesn't make a ringing sound, it makes a buzzing sound. However, I wasn't sure, so I need to test out my suspicion. Luckily Zaofan was nearby. What Zaofan didn't know when I gave him my phone was that I used him tested out my suspicion that your mentor Reimi didn't actually call me, and I was right," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-21-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She nodded.

She trusted Ochazuke more than most other people she knew. Maiz was in good hands. If only I could relax. She wouldn't at ease until she was back home and every shadow that was lurking over her head was exorcised for good.

"Good luck."

The path and means for Khoolis had certainly been procured, she hoped. The question was their objective. They were by no means prepared for a battle with Remnant. Even as fallen as he was, he still had some measure of Hakai at his disposal. Fighting him as they were right then was a death sentence.

Regardless, she would be going. Auroc was a failure, but an actual god would be an excellent test of her new power.

She would have preferred to help save Maiz, but her power was needed elsewhere. "This should prove to be exciting."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Praxat considers her options and then faces Dash." Dash, where do you want to go?" Praxat said.

" Dash, even though you compliment my skills with a sword. I know that I'm no near the skill level of my ancestor Disdemona with a sword. Stories about her said that her skills in swordsmanship were exceptional," Praxat said.

" I need to find a swordmaster, possibly one who knows ninjustu, To mentor me in swordsmanship. I want to feel like I'm worthy of wielding my ancestor's sword. As it stands now, I don't feel I'm worthy of wielding it," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out