Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234
Results 3,496 to 3,501 of 3501
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He watches her, eyes dark as he puffs on his pipe. After she finishes, he nods slowly, leaning back in his chair and looking her dead in the eyes.

“Right, right. Not very fair. Some dropped the ball, some just got too tired. And some did their job and left the clean up behind, not their responsibility. Most of the Gods of Destruction.....were too volatile without a more balancing force. Apologies, Janitor. Seems quite a mess. Sakin, that puddle of crap and gas, has been a real thorn, huh?”

He puffs , then nods once to himself.

“Well, how can I help? I can’t stay forever, and I’m getting old so I don’t know how useful I’ll be, but I’m willing to lend a hand.”
    "It was a system designed flawed, destined to fail." Inanna replied, "was only a matter of time; even had the fires of war not been stoked."

Caliban offering to help was... something at least, though given what he'd already done it was perhaps a bit much for her to ask. "All I need from you is continued neutrality," the woman said. "I don't intend to follow in the footsteps of the Old Guard, and spark another all-encompassing war. I have Parsley- should she agree to this- and for now that will have to do. Unfortunately I'm still to weak to be much more than a skittering mouse anyway... though an old enemy has proven quite useful in that regard."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; Today at 08:16 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley fell silent as the former God and the God-to-be conversed between themselves. Mostly, their conversation was Inanna ranting about the amount of clutter that she found on her cosmic plate and Caliban listening. It was then that she allowed her true intentions to slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "... I'll burn it all down if I have to."
    The Gods were nothing more than brittle, exalted macrocosms of the animals they claimed sovereignty over. The likes of She Who Stalks, Sakin, Stine, and Asha'rah were nothing more than egotistical monsters who acted in however manner they wished with an unearned feeling of impunity. When consequences came upon them, some were too cowardly to face them and chose to hide. Others, like Asha'rah, learned nothing from their mistakes.

Like Inanna said, the entire system was flawed from the top. Imperfect people placed in positions of extreme, unimaginable power and authority without some sort of supreme balancing force could only lead to disaster. Mortal kind was paying the ultimate price for their failure.

It wasn't fair.

People like her, who had nothing to do with all this cosmic foolishness, suddenly found herself thrust directly into the midst of it. Inanna threatened to insert her even further.

"You want my help to clean up a mess," she finally spoke. "Your malignant talk of the Gods and the system in which they operate leads me to believe that you intend to destroy that system. Is that right?"

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley fell silent as the former God and the God-to-be conversed between themselves. Mostly, their conversation was Inanna ranting about the amount of clutter that she found on her cosmic plate and Caliban listening. It was then that she allowed her true intentions to slip.

The Gods were nothing more than brittle, exalted macrocosms of the animals they claimed sovereignty over. The likes of She Who Stalks, Sakin, Stine, and Asha'rah were nothing more than egotistical monsters who acted in however manner they wished with an unearned feeling of impunity. When consequences came upon them, some were too cowardly to face them and chose to hide. Others, like Asha'rah, learned nothing from their mistakes.

Like Inanna said, the entire system was flawed from the top. Imperfect people placed in positions of extreme, unimaginable power and authority without some sort of supreme balancing force could only lead to disaster. Mortal kind was paying the ultimate price for their failure.

It wasn't fair.

People like her, who had nothing to do with all this cosmic foolishness, suddenly found herself thrust directly into the midst of it. Inanna threatened to insert her even further.

"You want my help to clean up a mess," she finally spoke. "Your malignant talk of the Gods and the system in which they operate leads me to believe that you intend to destroy that system. Is that right?"
    Inanna cast a glance at Parsley.

"Join me or not, that is the plan." There was far more to it than that though, something Inanna was sure Parsley might key in on given time; so she beat her to the punch. "The system is already a shambles, I'm after those who can't bear to see it go." Which was, in essence, those Gods, Goddesses, and beings of power too content to rule over the current trash heap to let someone like Inanna put an end to that reign.

"But I won't make this choice for you. You've already had a taste of what I'm truly fighting." She Who Stalks, and those like her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar

“I would also suggest being careful if the plan is to ‘burn it all down’, Janitor. When people burn a system down, rarely do they have a ready replacement. Many a revolution hurts those it seeks to defend and upraise because, when succeeding, they have no idea how to actually go about fixing or running what was previously there.”

He puffs away, thinking.

“Cancer and Trauma have kept....mostly to themselves, working within their universe as is their accord. Trauma can be reasoned with, he still does his job. Actually, I believe he is training a replacement. Cancer.....Ehh, she’s scary but keeps to herself. Just don’t go to Universe 18. Both work with Sihn’s appointed Kai’s well enough.”

“Other than Aura, who’s working with Sihn, and Asha’rah, who’s....somewhere, I’m the only surviving Creation God. Well, Eresh I guess, but she’s special. And most of the Angels outside of Lampton, Stine, and Sakin are neutral. So there are parts of the system that work. Sihn.....hasn’t done the best, but he’s done better than any non-God could have.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna cast a glance at Parsley.

"Join me or not, that is the plan." There was far more to it than that though, something Inanna was sure Parsley might key in on given time; so she beat her to the punch. "The system is already a shambles, I'm after those who can't bear to see it go." Which was, in essence, those Gods, Goddesses, and beings of power too content to rule over the current trash heap to let someone like Inanna put an end to that reign.

"But I won't make this choice for you. You've already had a taste of what I'm truly fighting." She Who Stalks, and those like her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I would also suggest being careful if the plan is to ‘burn it all down’, Janitor. When people burn a system down, rarely do they have a ready replacement. Many a revolution hurts those it seeks to defend and upraise because, when succeeding, they have no idea how to actually go about fixing or running what was previously there.”

He puffs away, thinking.

“Cancer and Trauma have kept....mostly to themselves, working within their universe as is their accord. Trauma can be reasoned with, he still does his job. Actually, I believe he is training a replacement. Cancer.....Ehh, she’s scary but keeps to herself. Just don’t go to Universe 18. Both work with Sihn’s appointed Kai’s well enough.”

“Other than Aura, who’s working with Sihn, and Asha’rah, who’s....somewhere, I’m the only surviving Creation God. Well, Eresh I guess, but she’s special. And most of the Angels outside of Lampton, Stine, and Sakin are neutral. So there are parts of the system that work. Sihn.....hasn’t done the best, but he’s done better than any non-God could have.”
    Knowing which cosmic beings she could count on to stay out of the way was nice and vital. It doubled as a list of potential allies, or at the very least contacts, which was also nice.

However, prior to listing off who was doing what, Caliban made a point she couldn't ignore. The destruction of these beings who depended on the system to maintain their iron grip on their power would leave a void in the power structure. The death of only one being, Indar'en, left U15 in absolute shambles. Parsley couldn't imagine the state of the sealed universes once Inanna's intentions were realized.

Thus, she asked, "Once you judge and destroy those found lacking, then what? What will the fallout be and how do you intend on dealing with it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Ochazuke, that is Koorinaruís soul in the form. No lingering sense of another can be found.
    Regardless of his converted shell, through the black mask obscuring the creature's face, the sick aura remained. He would recognize it anywhere. Sallow, tainted with the rot of ruthless ambition, whatever Koorimaru was now could hardly be contained in the mere physical faculty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďBah, loyal kinsman indeed. Donít let that coward and thief Blizzar fool you, Ochazuke. My people are born and breed to be survivalists, keen of mind and suspicious. It comes from being naturally more powerful than damn near any other race. Loyalty is few and far between, usually shared only between the nearest of family and even then itís not uncommon to find treachery afoot.Ē
    "Naturally more powerful," Ochazuke repeated. "You would wish."

For indeed, he had. Yet he still wanted more, only this time, he had overextended himself.

He shrugs.

ďThe prior inhabitant would have slaughtered me wholesale given the chance. The amulet would have been too tempting, and even without that my power would have been seen as a challenge, and Arcosians are not fond of rivals. Especially not when so few remain now.Ē

You seem to get the impression of a smirk.

ďAs to how many......enough. Enough that any possible betrayal and death will be subverted to another.....host. Insurance, and all that. But let us talk of more pleasant things, yes? I wish an alliance: a secretive one, of course, since I would prefer the fewest possible know of my survival.Ē
    The pleasantries that followed after Koorimaru's talk of suspicions and betrayal he held to be in common with the remainder of his people roused little more than further contempt within Ochazuke.

However, if what he says of the Remnant is true...

"It bears repeating that you are very bad at this," Ochazuke said. "So far any alliance you might have, has been built on serving yourself entirely."

Only the Guardian held over his rear hand had caught his attention.

"If you were merged with the Remnant, then you must know how far along Inda'ren's scheme has come along. Out with it," he said, then followed, "And we are here, after all, while you acknowledged that you should be dead. Who else knows his goal? Who was the one that killed you?"