Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1900
  1. #1336
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yes, this is amazing. So I can hone techniques here, that's cool. Well, I'm looking for a way to develop a power-up technique that goes beyond Max Mode. I'm capable of compression my limbs," Praxat said.

    " From Althena, I learn how to use the elastic energy I store by compression my limbs to enhanced my strikes. Right now, I can only use 40% of elastic energy to enhanced my strikes. I want to find a way to use more than that," Praxat said.

    " Althena calls it the Way of Compression. It's something I wouldn't be able to do if my body wasn't conditioned to handle the pressure exerted by the elastic energy output. If my body wasn't as condition as it is now, even 40% of elastic energy would totally wreck my body," Praxat said.
    "Ah think you'd find trainin in the Rose-at [RoSaT] much more useful than here. Ah heard that the gravity in that place is insane, so that might be more of help in developing that tech than here." Dash looks at Kai to see if her reasoning is sound before continuing, "This mindscape technique is more of a place for basic fightin, more of a place for strategy. It's a good way to get some practice in when we don't want to risk blowin up things an causing damage." She then smirked, "Ah gather Lady Eva's tired of have'n to rebuild the Lookout every time she has guests over."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #1337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah think you'd find trainin in the Rose-at [RoSaT] much more useful than here. Ah heard that the gravity in that place is insane, so that might be more of help in developing that tech than here." Dash looks at Kai to see if her reasoning is sound before continuing, "This mindscape technique is more of a place for basic fightin, more of a place for strategy. It's a good way to get some practice in when we don't want to risk blowin up things an causing damage." She then smirked, "Ah gather Lady Eva's tired of have'n to rebuild the Lookout every time she has guests over."
    "you're most likely right, Dash," Praxat said.

  3. #1338
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "you're most likely right, Dash," Praxat said.
    Dash, jumping back to a position facing Praxat but at an angle that won't accidentally hit Kai, powers up. "Let's test this out, Prax. I'll fire off a blast at you, an you dodge. Then you fire off a blast at me, and ah will dodge. We'll keep the power levels low for now, since ah don't know what would happen if either of us gets seriously blasted in here. It's a simple relex-react exercise, The first one to get hit, loses."

    Holding out her hands, and waiting for Praxat to get into position, she gave a warning "ready, set.....go" then, Dash sends out a basic ki blast at Praxat, while getting ready to dodge whatever her training partner sends her way.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-19-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #1339
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,094

    Default

    Parsley landed a short distance from the GoD apparent and Majin. She noticed the portal leading back to the Lookout and realized that Inanna intended on heading back herself. Meaning, if she was still heading to U18, she must have been looking to recruit Parsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Roughly twenty-four hours ago. I punched him so hard he exploded." Inanna said with a shrug. "All that talk, only to have his shit pushed in. Though as a proto-Majin I should've gone for the head." Hindsight was twenty-twenty admittedly. "I'll take that as your confirmation however. So whenever you're ready." With a flick, she cut open her arm and summoned a portal. "Step through and we'll collect the Saiyan... she should be stronger than you by now as well. Us idiots have been busy~"
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Huh, so it was that snooty snowcone that Sasheem sensed," The Majin folded his arms. "Not surprised you had to throw down. Soemthing about his ki seemed more off than usual," he shrugged. "Don't care about the Saitan, she can come if she wants to. But when the hell did you fight Auroc?!"
    "Inanna," she greeted her in-law with a nod. She cut her gaze to Sasheem and sneered. "And look who it is. Earth's greatest defender. I am humbled to be in your overwhelming presence, Oh Great One." She bowed sardonically. "I hear you two are heading to Universe 18 to investigate the corpse of a dead wish-dragon. If so, I want in. There may be a fight waiting and I'll not miss it."

  5. #1340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash, jumping back to a position facing Praxat but at an angle that won't accidentally hit Kai, powers up. "Let's test this out, Prax. I'll fire off a blast at you, an you dodge. Then you fire off a blast at me, and ah will dodge. We'll keep the power levels low for now, since ah don't know what would happen if either of us gets seriously blasted in here. It's a simple relex-react exercise, The first one to get hit, loses."

    Holding out her hands, and waiting for Praxat to get into position, she gave a warning "ready, set.....go" then, Dash sends out a basic ki blast at Praxat, while getting ready to dodge whatever her training partner sends her way.
    Praxat dodges Dash's Ki blast and fires back one of her own in one swift fluid motion. Praxat then, powers up, and starts to move like she's dancing." Well, this is going to be fun," Praxat said.

  6. #1341
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat dodges Dash's Ki blast and fires back one of her own in one swift fluid motion. Praxat then, powers up, and starts to move like she's dancing." Well, this is going to be fun," Praxat said.
    Dash evades Praxat's ki blast, firing off one of her own in movements that are also graceful and fluid. Wind and water, agility and speed, ebb and flow, all seemed to come naturally to her now after years of training with the elemental spirits. This was the first time, in a long time, that she was able to practice this type of combat with another. To her credit, Praxat's movements, though different, were equally graceful.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  7. #1342

    Default

    Praxat evades Dash's blast with equal grace and swiftness. Then swiftly fires off Ki blast." Yep, this is fun. If I was using my old Vear and Zhion styles, I would never be moving around gracefully like this," Praxat said

  8. #1343
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He laughed, a hint of cruelty laced with mirth, "It would not be the first time it's been attempted. Salaman Naphtha learned the hard way that I am not something you can discard."
    Keeping her distance ever since Rex's and Lantro's scuffle had spilled into the main group, Shōchū waited for her chance to strike, yet it was not to be. The brawl had ended abruptly and the beast had settled into a conversation with a golden-eyed woman and had it not been through the lens of her sensors, she might have thought her vision had gone bad as the saurian seemed to soften around that one. The change in the beast's personality was rendered moot as her attention focused on a name he had uttered:

    Salaman Naphta...

    It was a name she was not familiar with, but considering he had suffered a tragedy at the hands of the beast, he could very well be a distant relative. Pouring through various records, her databases had only found scraps of records from hundreds of years prior; still, there was some worth in investigating. As the others waited their turn at the room of spirit and time, Shōchū departed the lookout, her destination was an old villa on the Isle of Rotisserie; the last documented residence of Naptha.

    Even if it had ended in failure, any research into the separation of the beast from their blood might aide her in her objective. She needed to know the price this Salaman paid and what knowledge he might have gained from his attempt and could only hope that some form of documentation, journal, or whatnot, remained.

  9. #1344
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He laughed, a hint of cruelty laced with mirth, "It would not be the first time it's been attempted. Salaman Naphtha learned the hard way that I am not something you can discard."

    It would be akin to someone trying to remove the oni from Inanna... no, that wasn't quite right. He wasn't an expert on the oni, but her growth had suspiciously appeared to have purged her oni-nature from her, yet her mind was still the same as it was when he taught her the secret of fukushuu on the transport ship. Still, he was lacking a proper metaphor for his situation, but then again, Rex was not one you could simply compare to such trivial things. He was, after all, the Strongest.
    "With a name like that I'm sure he came to regret a great many things." Inanna said, with a chuckle.

    "Being frank however, I'd be... disappointed should a simple sundering of spirit be enough." The woman said, shifting slightly. "I care little for weakness- my own worst of all- and to see who comes out stronger based on the strength of one's spirit? Much preferred to a simple wish, or magical separation." An influence offered by the Saiyan connection mixed with her own innate curiosity perhaps; but something she was loath the deny.

    "So I'll watch, and wait."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  10. #1345
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah think you'd find trainin in the Rose-at [RoSaT] much more useful than here. Ah heard that the gravity in that place is insane, so that might be more of help in developing that tech than here." Dash looks at Kai to see if her reasoning is sound before continuing, "This mindscape technique is more of a place for basic fightin, more of a place for strategy. It's a good way to get some practice in when we don't want to risk blowin up things an causing damage." She then smirked, "Ah gather Lady Eva's tired of have'n to rebuild the Lookout every time she has guests over."
    He nods.

    ďThere are gravity fluxes inside, yes.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #1346
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She dropped the bag she had been carrying on her shoulder and handed Eva her niece. "Then I'm going also." Curiosity was going to get the best of her and she didn't want to wait until Inanna and that idiot returned to learn what they did. Besides, there was always the chance that an immensely powerful enemy was waiting for them and she was not going to miss the chance to test her strength against them again.

    She transformed and quickly scanned the planet for Sasheem's ki. She already knew she would never be able to find Inanna's, but the Majin's chaotic energy was still as unique as it had ever been. "Take care of my niece. Her parents will be quite upset if anything happens to her." With that, she took off for the Majin and hopefully something informative. And exciting.
    Eva blinked a few times, then smiled and started cooing at the young girl in her arms.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #1347
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley landed a short distance from the GoD apparent and Majin. She noticed the portal leading back to the Lookout and realized that Inanna intended on heading back herself. Meaning, if she was still heading to U18, she must have been looking to recruit Parsley.





    "Inanna," she greeted her in-law with a nod. She cut her gaze to Sasheem and sneered. "And look who it is. Earth's greatest defender. I am humbled to be in your overwhelming presence, Oh Great One." She bowed sardonically. "I hear you two are heading to Universe 18 to investigate the corpse of a dead wish-dragon. If so, I want in. There may be a fight waiting and I'll not miss it."
    Inanna glanced over her shoulder but did not turn.

    "Parsley. You're stronger." There was a pause as if she seemed to pick up on something, and Sasheem would note that the GoD Ascendant smiled. "Good.

    "We'll leave now. Provided you've the means to breathe while we're traipsing about in Space?"

    OT: Cleric, is it safe to assume Inanna knows the corpses general whereabouts?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  13. #1348
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat evades Dash's blast with equal grace and swiftness. Then swiftly fires off Ki blast." Yep, this is fun. If I was using my old Vear and Zhion styles, I would never be moving around gracefully like this," Praxat said
    Flipping over backwards to evade the blast, Dash lands back on her feet and fires off another, gradually perfecting her aim as she does. After a few more volleys back and forth, "Ah don't want to take up too much of Kai's time, so let's call this a draw an save it for the real trainin." Once Praxat let go of her last blast, which she evaded, Dash began to power down.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #1349
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna glanced over her shoulder but did not turn.

    "Parsley. You're stronger." There was a pause as if she seemed to pick up on something, and Sasheem would note that the GoD Ascendant smiled. "Good.

    "We'll leave now. Provided you've the means to breathe while we're traipsing about in Space?"

    OT: Cleric, is it safe to assume Inanna knows the corpses general whereabouts?
    "I am, thanks to the Archons," she answered with a single nod. There was a strange pause that caused her to raise an eyebrow, but she said nothing of it. "I'm also of a much better frame of mind, but that's neither here nor there."

    "I fear I have no means of breathing in space. Other than casting a spell to create an air bubble."

  15. #1350
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna glanced over her shoulder but did not turn.

    "Parsley. You're stronger." There was a pause as if she seemed to pick up on something, and Sasheem would note that the GoD Ascendant smiled. "Good.

    "We'll leave now. Provided you've the means to breathe while we're traipsing about in Space?"

    OT: Cleric, is it safe to assume Inanna knows the corpses general whereabouts?
    OT:

    Possibly. A good idea from the image at least.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •