Page 91 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1874
  1. #1351
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

    Possibly. A good idea from the image at least.
    Nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I am, thanks to the Archons," she answered with a single nod. There was a strange pause that caused her to raise an eyebrow, but she said nothing of it. "I'm also of a much better frame of mind, but that's neither here nor there."

    "I fear I have no means of breathing in space. Other than casting a spell to create an air bubble."
    Inanna sighed, before turning toward Parsley.

    "I suppose it can't be helped, you've never needed to worry over it." With a flick of the wrist, and a splatter of blood Inanna simply gestures toward Parsley and the magic does the rest.

    "That should keep you, til we're through."

    Not bothering to entertain further commentary however, more blood was drawn this time. "You'll be disoriented at first, but that'll pass."

    With a shimmer, and a grin, Inanna then teleported the three of them- from Universe 15, to Universe 18- to the general vicinity of the Wish Dragon's corpse.

    OT: Take it away, Cleric!
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  2. #1352
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Roughly twenty-four hours ago. I punched him so hard he exploded." Inanna said with a shrug. "All that talk, only to have his shit pushed in. Though as a proto-Majin I should've gone for the head." Hindsight was twenty-twenty admittedly. "I'll take that as your confirmation however. So whenever you're ready." With a flick, she cut open her arm and summoned a portal. "Step through and we'll collect the Saiyan... she should be stronger than you by now as well. Us idiots have been busy~"
    Remarkably, Sasheem remained silent at the mention of Parsley 'a power level. Instead he opted to ask about, "Auroc's an egg?! You...bah, always knew he was a punk of a Majin. I wanted to whoop his candy ass myself, though."

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley landed a short distance from the GoD apparent and Majin. She noticed the portal leading back to the Lookout and realized that Inanna intended on heading back herself. Meaning, if she was still heading to U18, she must have been looking to recruit Parsley.





    "Inanna," she greeted her in-law with a nod. She cut her gaze to Sasheem and sneered. "And look who it is. Earth's greatest defender. I am humbled to be in your overwhelming presence, Oh Great One." She bowed sardonically. "I hear you two are heading to Universe 18 to investigate the corpse of a dead wish-dragon. If so, I want in. There may be a fight waiting and I'll not miss it."
    "You're damn right you should be humbled, " Sasheem noted, accepting the praise, sarcasm aside. "Why are you even on Earth anyway. Got bored of sitting around and shutting yourself or whatever you do on your planet?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna glanced over her shoulder but did not turn.

    "Parsley. You're stronger." There was a pause as if she seemed to pick up on something, and Sasheem would note that the GoD Ascendant smiled. "Good.

    "We'll leave now. Provided you've the means to breathe while we're traipsing about in Space?"

    "Wait, just what were you grinning about you big blueberry chimera?" Sasheem asked , a brow raised.

  3. #1353
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nice!



    Inanna sighed, before turning toward Parsley.

    "I suppose it can't be helped, you've never needed to worry over it." With a flick of the wrist, and a splatter of blood Inanna simply gestures toward Parsley and the magic does the rest.

    "That should keep you, til we're through."

    Not bothering to entertain further commentary however, more blood was drawn this time. "You'll be disoriented at first, but that'll pass."

    With a shimmer, and a grin, Inanna then teleported the three of them- from Universe 15, to Universe 18- to the general vicinity of the Wish Dragon's corpse.

    OT: Take it away, Cleric!
    OT: Real quick, can she teleport between universes? She can go between Otherworld and this one, but has she ever crossed universes like this?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #1354
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Real quick, can she teleport between universes? She can go between Otherworld and this one, but has she ever crossed universes like this?
    OT: With Auroc's Gate back when she was far less powerful. She teleported about a dozen people from U18 to U15. Was under the assumption she could do so far easier now, especially since there's only three people.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  5. #1355
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    OT: With Auroc's Gate back when she was far less powerful. She teleported about a dozen people from U18 to U15. Was under the assumption she could do so far easier now, especially since there's only three people.
    OT: Fair point.

    IC:

    With a shudder, a sigh, and a flash the three are ripped away from their native universe.

    Suddenly, invasive cold rips into all three as the coldness of space hits them. Then the massive form of a dragon Tiamatís size, seemingly petrified, can be seen looming in the distance before them, and unknown planet below it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #1356
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "With a name like that I'm sure he came to regret a great many things." Inanna said, with a chuckle.

    "Being frank however, I'd be... disappointed should a simple sundering of spirit be enough." The woman said, shifting slightly. "I care little for weakness- my own worst of all- and to see who comes out stronger based on the strength of one's spirit? Much preferred to a simple wish, or magical separation." An influence offered by the Saiyan connection mixed with her own innate curiosity perhaps; but something she was loath the deny.

    "So I'll watch, and wait."
    "I have existed far longer than most, my roots have run far too deep to be pried out by such simple forces. It would far easier by this point to make the sun revolve around this earth than it is to separate me from what is mine."

    The covenant the Ogatan had made by consuming him would not be broken, if he had any say of it; however, Rex grew tired of repeating the same thing.

    "What is the current predicament that draws those into training at the last moment?" The saurian asked of Inanna, gesturing to the Room of Spirit and Time, "This group is hardly one to meet up altogether for just some light cardio."

  7. #1357
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I have existed far longer than most, my roots have run far too deep to be pried out by such simple forces. It would far easier by this point to make the sun revolve around this earth than it is to separate me from what is mine."

    The covenant the Ogatan had made by consuming him would not be broken, if he had any say of it; however, Rex grew tired of repeating the same thing.

    "What is the current predicament that draws those into training at the last moment?" The saurian asked of Inanna, gesturing to the Room of Spirit and Time, "This group is hardly one to meet up altogether for just some light cardio."
    "Don't worry. I've no interest in trying." Inanna said with a nod. "Allies are as important as enemies, and I'd not trade Charco for Rex, or vise versa." Though unspoken, there was a final word that lingered between them:

    Yet.

    "As for this gathering... a war on two fronts. Auroc, the would-be God King, and Koorimaru, Hand of Indar'en... our not-so dearly departed God of Destruction. Both have decided their time is now; and of the assembled," though tailing off eyed Rex before chuckling.

    "Only the two of us, and Nevanlinna stand any chance for the moment. So they train, while I follow up on leads."
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  8. #1358
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Don't worry. I've no interest in trying." Inanna said with a nod. "Allies are as important as enemies, and I'd not trade Charco for Rex, or vise versa." Though unspoken, there was a final word that lingered between them:

    Yet.

    "As for this gathering... a war on two fronts. Auroc, the would-be God King, and Koorimaru, Hand of Indar'en... our not-so dearly departed God of Destruction. Both have decided their time is now; and of the assembled," though tailing off eyed Rex before chuckling.

    "Only the two of us, and Nevanlinna stand any chance for the moment. So they train, while I follow up on leads."
    "Pretenders lounging on unstable thrones," It wouldn't be the first nor last time he'd encounter such fools, but it seemed they were growing frustratingly common these days, "Still, those are a sensible reason why the others train. Let's just hope they can progress enough to not drag the rest of us down."

  9. #1359
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Pretenders lounging on unstable thrones," It wouldn't be the first nor last time he'd encounter such fools, but it seemed they were growing frustratingly common these days, "Still, those are a sensible reason why the others train. Let's just hope they can progress enough to not drag the rest of us down."
    Inanna shrugged. "If they don't, it'll sort itself out in short order I suspect. We mean to take it to Auroc directly. The homeworld is where his strongest devout are likely to be... considering they need to protect what I punched him into."
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  10. #1360
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Fair point.

    IC:

    With a shudder, a sigh, and a flash the three are ripped away from their native universe.

    Suddenly, invasive cold rips into all three as the coldness of space hits them. Then the massive form of a dragon Tiamat’s size, seemingly petrified, can be seen looming in the distance before them, and unknown planet below it.
    Ah yes. The pervasive cold of deep space. Inanna thought, as soon as it bit into her. How could I forget...

    Yet the teleport had been close enough. The corpse lay suspended some distance away; forever drifting within the pull of an unknown planet. Remembering though that she'd brought two others, the golden-eyed woman linked minds with them- not before asking- and began to move toward what she saw.

    'First we check the corpse, then we check the planet.'

    The corpse was why they'd come, of course... but the planet was equally curious.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  11. #1361
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna sighed, before turning toward Parsley.

    "I suppose it can't be helped, you've never needed to worry over it." With a flick of the wrist, and a splatter of blood Inanna simply gestures toward Parsley and the magic does the rest.

    "That should keep you, til we're through."

    Not bothering to entertain further commentary however, more blood was drawn this time. "You'll be disoriented at first, but that'll pass."

    With a shimmer, and a grin, Inanna then teleported the three of them- from Universe 15, to Universe 18- to the general vicinity of the Wish Dragon's corpse.

    OT: Take it away, Cleric!
    Parsley nodded her thanks at the breathing provisions, though she would have felt more comfortable with a breathing apparatus as a backup. Not to say she didn't trust Inanna's magic, which was several times more powerful than her own, but having a safety net was always better than not having one. "Thank you."

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You're damn right you should be humbled, " Sasheem noted, accepting the praise, sarcasm aside. "Why are you even on Earth anyway. Got bored of sitting around and shutting yourself or whatever you do on your planet?"
    "Unlike you, I keep tabs on this world. Auroc had an eye for it, Jinzi and Eva specifically, and I intend to help kill him once and for all. Were you not hiding out, you would possibly know that," she sneered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Fair point.

    IC:

    With a shudder, a sigh, and a flash the three are ripped away from their native universe.

    Suddenly, invasive cold rips into all three as the coldness of space hits them. Then the massive form of a dragon Tiamat’s size, seemingly petrified, can be seen looming in the distance before them, and unknown planet below it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ah yes. The pervasive cold of deep space. Inanna thought, as soon as it bit into her. How could I forget...

    Yet the teleport had been close enough. The corpse lay suspended some distance away; forever drifting within the pull of an unknown planet. Remembering though that she'd brought two others, the golden-eyed woman linked minds with them- not before asking- and began to move toward what she saw.

    'First we check the corpse, then we check the planet.'

    The corpse was why they'd come, of course... but the planet was equally curious.
    As forewarned, a disoriented feeling passed over her. She would have staggered back, but there was nothing to stagger on. Her feet went from solid ground to floating in outer space in a literal instant. Added on top of that, a piercing, pervasive cold chilled her to the bone. Her aura flared to block it out and keep her warm, like a literal flame from a regal candle. Soon, as promised, the disorientation passed nearly as quickly as it hit her. The cold, however, remained. Something I will never get used to, I suppose.

    In the darkness of space and in front of the twinkling assembly of millions of distant stars, the outline of something massive rested within her line of vision. Its size was comparable to Earth's wish dragon, Tiamat, but its color was as black as pitch.

    Its form seemed like that of a petrified tree. 'Curious. Eva informed me that dragons simply vanish when killed, yet this one lingers.' A curious circumstance, one they were there to investigate. She moved forward to get a closer look. The acute focus of Observational Focus scanned over the dragon. If there was anything hidden from their eyes, she was going to find it.

  12. #1362
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    He nods.

    ďThere are gravity fluxes inside, yes.Ē
    Once the sparing ends, Dash has a few questions for Kai. "Hey, Kai, ah gotta ask you. Are you still an Apprentice Guardian to Eva? Being an ex-Apprentice myself, ah wondered why you decided to take on the position."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  13. #1363
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,077

    Default

    The corpse seems barren and empty at first gaze. The silent behemoth body forever still, motionless, frozen in place.

    Approaching, still there seems to be nothing for Parsleyís Observational Focus to see. It seems to slide off the massive form, without giving her details.


    The only oddity seems the eyes, so far, as they appear petrified crystal instead of stone.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #1364
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Once the sparing ends, Dash has a few questions for Kai. "Hey, Kai, ah gotta ask you. Are you still an Apprentice Guardian to Eva? Being an ex-Apprentice myself, ah wondered why you decided to take on the position."
    He shrugs.

    “I’m technically able to take over whenever Eva wishes, my apprenticeship formerly ending a bit ago. I chose it because I’ve always been drawn to it. My race, the Kai race, are natural in this way. We are literally born to be Guardians, higher Kai’s, or something if that equivalent.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #1365
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The corpse seems barren and empty at first gaze. The silent behemoth body forever still, motionless, frozen in place.

    Approaching, still there seems to be nothing for Parsley’s Observational Focus to see. It seems to slide off the massive form, without giving her details.


    The only oddity seems the eyes, so far, as they appear petrified crystal instead of stone.
    Upon closer examination, Parsley found... nothing. There was either something preventing her from peering through the veil to see what the eyes couldn't, or there was nothing behind the veil to see. What she was looking at was all there was to see, it seemed. Frustrating, but she supposed a long dead and petrified corpse would hold little in the way of secrets.

    'I'm not getting anything from its corpse,' she told the others. 'It's like my vision is sliding off it, so I guess there's nothing to read.'

    The only odd thing was the eyes, which seemed to be crystal instead of stone. Approaching it cautiously, she touched her hand to one of its eyes.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 05-20-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •