Page 95 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1886
  1. #1411
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    With Dash willing herself to wake up back in the real world. Praxat just waits for herself to automatically wake up back in the real world.
    As soon as her eyes open, Dash checks to see that Praxat also made it back alright, then looked to Kai. "Ah wonder, how long were we in there? Do you suppose Pinach an the other-Totoma are still training? Maybe we should go check."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #1412
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She can access and tap into it.

    Night walks up, standing only about twenty feet away now, and slowly stops playing. He pulls the flute away and looks at them all, cooper eyes scanning each under his hat.

    He smiles slightly. Up close he looks human, but that aura was not that if a human.
    At least that was... something.

    Stating at the entity, for it certainly wasn't human. Inanna can simply blink(?) angrily at it as she begins to drain the planet of its energy. Not caring for the source, only for the influx of power.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #1413
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Inanna, just before you manage to activate the teleport, your body freezes.

    All three of you, in this near perfect and overbearing silence, hear the sound of a flute like instrument playing. In this odd stillness, the sound seems to echo and surround you.

    From afar, instrument at his lips, strides a lone figure. With the hat drawn down it’s hard to see a face, but you can presume from the drawing that this is Night. He slowly walks forward, a haunting melody playing from the instrument, and a strange and unknown aura surrounding the entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She can access and tap into it.

    Night walks up, standing only about twenty feet away now, and slowly stops playing. He pulls the flute away and looks at them all, cooper eyes scanning each under his hat.

    He smiles slightly. Up close he looks human, but that aura was not that if a human.
    The being who trapped them there was indeed Night. Oddly, he appeared human, but Parsley could see that he was very much not. Or, at the very least, his energy wasn't. What was curious and unnerving was that he wasn't making his move, outside of continuing to play his flute. What is he planning? When he stopped playing, a chill ran up her spine. She tried to speak.

  4. #1414
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,090

    Default

    Night cocks his head, then plays a a few notes on the flute. The sound isn’t music though, but a melodic series of words who’s meaning is known, despite no actual voice being used.

    ‘You have trespassed. An offering is needed.’

    He smiles again and stops playing, holding a hand out, palm upwards, in the universal sign of ‘gimme’.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #1415
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The being who trapped them there was indeed Night. Oddly, he appeared human, but Parsley could see that he was very much not. Or, at the very least, his energy wasn't. What was curious and unnerving was that he wasn't making his move, outside of continuing to play his flute. What is he planning? When he stopped playing, a chill ran up her spine. She tried to speak.
    He looks at her.

    You are able to speak.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #1416
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Night cocks his head, then plays a a few notes on the flute. The sound isn’t music though, but a melodic series of words who’s meaning is known, despite no actual voice being used.

    ‘You have trespassed. An offering is needed.’

    He smiles again and stops playing, holding a hand out, palm upwards, in the universal sign of ‘gimme’.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He looks at her.

    You are able to speak.
    Parsley raised an eyebrow at the curious display. He didn't speak, but rather used his flute to communicate. Odd. Is he incapable of speaking on his own? It was a wonderful trick, but he would have to excuse her if she wasn't impressed.

    "Offering?" she said aloud for the first time since they arrived at the gods-forsaken universe. "A few coins in your hat for the wonderful performance? You'll have to excuse me; I seem to have left my wallet in my other cape. And I don't know where you get off accusing us of trespassing. You brought us here?"

  7. #1417
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley raised an eyebrow at the curious display. He didn't speak, but rather used his flute to communicate. Odd. Is he incapable of speaking on his own? It was a wonderful trick, but he would have to excuse her if she wasn't impressed.

    "Offering?" she said aloud for the first time since they arrived at the gods-forsaken universe. "A few coins in your hat for the wonderful performance? You'll have to excuse me; I seem to have left my wallet in my other cape. And I don't know where you get off accusing us of trespassing. You brought us here?"
    His eyes narrow. The flute goes up and he plays, the meaning clear once more.

    ‘This planet is mine. What gazes from and at my world is mine.’

    He stops a moment before continuing.

    ‘Payment is owed. Jormunder reneged on his. Will you?’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #1418
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As soon as her eyes open, Dash checks to see that Praxat also made it back alright, then looked to Kai. "Ah wonder, how long were we in there? Do you suppose Pinach an the other-Totoma are still training? Maybe we should go check."
    “Only about half an hour. The Saiyans should be close to done.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #1419
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    His eyes narrow. The flute goes up and he plays, the meaning clear once more.

    ‘This planet is mine. What gazes from and at my world is mine.’

    He stops a moment before continuing.

    ‘Payment is owed. Jormunder reneged on his. Will you?’
    So, the planet belonged to him. And he was the type to consider even so much as looking at it to be trespassing. Wonderful.

    She did, however, learn an important bit. The wish dragon's murder was not out of spite or malice. It simply could not pay the offer for trespassing upon Night's world. That meant that, at least as far as that was concerned, Night was not a malevolent creature. However, it also meant he could kill them at any point and there was nothing they could do about it.

    "We have nothing to offer," she confessed. "Or at least I don't." It didn't appear that Night knew they were from another universe. Perhaps she could twist that to their favor and freedom. "What do you usually accept as an offering?"

  10. #1420
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, the planet belonged to him. And he was the type to consider even so much as looking at it to be trespassing. Wonderful.

    She did, however, learn an important bit. The wish dragon's murder was not out of spite or malice. It simply could not pay the offer for trespassing upon Night's world. That meant that, at least as far as that was concerned, Night was not a malevolent creature. However, it also meant he could kill them at any point and there was nothing they could do about it.

    "We have nothing to offer," she confessed. "Or at least I don't." It didn't appear that Night knew they were from another universe. Perhaps she could twist that to their favor and freedom. "What do you usually accept as an offering?"
    He smiles and plays a tune, meaning clear.

    ‘Payment for services rendered or payment for trespassing, either works. Payment can be a bauble, a thing, a service, or something that strikes my fancy. Your eyes, for example. Perhaps that shall be your payment. They are lovely.’

    Parsley can feel a slight pressure near her eyes, as if something gently caressed the back of them.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #1421
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Inanna had left, no doubt to fulfill some inane task necessary to deal with the would-be "gods", leaving Rex to contemplate things on his own. Unfortunately, his patience was wearing thing evident by the fresh cracks forming on the floor with each time his tail slapped against it. He had spent three years recovering, three years building his strength, and for what? To watch some hatchlings train? It would be easier just to eat them all, at least then all that power wouldn't be wasted.

    Yes... it would be so easy... He could feel his mouth salivating at the thought. After all, it had been some time since he had last gorged himself on the weak. What was to stop him?

    No. His human hand clenched into a fist as the saurian snarled, annoyed that his baser instincts had been growing so tempting after millennia of self-control. This and this hand! Nothing had been the same since those damned mountains! What he needed was a worthy prey, not some easy pickings!

    "This Auroc and Indra best be worth it..." He growled to himself.

  12. #1422
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He smiles and plays a tune, meaning clear.

    ‘Payment for services rendered or payment for trespassing, either works. Payment can be a bauble, a thing, a service, or something that strikes my fancy. Your eyes, for example. Perhaps that shall be your payment. They are lovely.’

    Parsley can feel a slight pressure near her eyes, as if something gently caressed the back of them.
    Her teeth clenched when she felt the pressure on her eyes. This man... this being was beyond her. It was foolhardy and stupid to even attempt anything other than bargaining. A fight would be over in mere moments, she felt, and it would only end with their deaths. Just like Jormunder. She only fought battles she either had to, or knew she could win. This was neither.

    "I see," she spoke, only showing a portion of the discomfort she was feeling. "I'm not giving you my eyes, but I do have something I know you will want. An amulet I believe you are quite familiar with. Sound like something you would like?"

  13. #1423
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Only about half an hour. The Saiyans should be close to done.”
    A slow excitement built up as she realized how close they were to finally seeing for herself this amazing room. Standing back up and stretching, Dash then placed her hands across her chest, "So let's see, One day is equal to one year, a half a day is equal to six months, an 6 hours is equal to 3 months. Ah guess we can manage to train enough in 6 hours. The threats aren't gonna give us a whole lot of time, and neither will the others."

    She then scanned the Lookout to see if anyone else was there, "Ah figure Sarada and her sister are 'bout done with their trainin. Ah bet they're twice as powerful by now, Saiyans are like that." she spoke almost wistfully, then smiled, "Come on Praxat, let's get ready for our own trainin."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #1424
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Her teeth clenched when she felt the pressure on her eyes. This man... this being was beyond her. It was foolhardy and stupid to even attempt anything other than bargaining. A fight would be over in mere moments, she felt, and it would only end with their deaths. Just like Jormunder. She only fought battles she either had to, or knew she could win. This was neither.

    "I see," she spoke, only showing a portion of the discomfort she was feeling. "I'm not giving you my eyes, but I do have something I know you will want. An amulet I believe you are quite familiar with. Sound like something you would like?"
    The pressure leaves her eyes amidst a swirling flute tune.

    ‘Oh? Travelers far and wide. A mutant, a mutt, and a majin know of something of mine? Amulets...Amulet...ah, of Bitter Mourning?’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #1425
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,041

    Default

    Inanna continued to siphon, power beginning to build slowly; but couldn't help but grimace when Parsley attempted to haggle the Amulet. If for no other reason than the fact that it wasn't hers to haggle. The jig was up however, no sense trying to cram the truth back into its container.

    As far as what she had to offer herself, however?

    "You've already taken something from me, as far as it stands I see this as simply fair trade." Inanna said. "I wouldn't be here after all, had you not bargained with Indar'en."

    Time. What she'd taken from Inanna, was time. Something that was at this very moment, oh so valuable.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •