Page 96 of 125 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1872
  1. #1426
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna continued to siphon, power beginning to build slowly; but couldn't help but grimace when Parsley attempted to haggle the Amulet. If for no other reason than the fact that it wasn't hers to haggle. The jig was up however, no sense trying to cram the truth back into its container.

    As far as what she had to offer herself, however?

    "You've already taken something from me, as far as it stands I see this as simply fair trade." Inanna said. "I wouldn't be here after all, had you not bargained with Indar'en."

    Time. What she'd taken from Inanna, was time. Something that was at this very moment, oh so valuable.
    ‘Oh, I didn’t bargain with the dead god. I merely....listened to the pleas of two entwined essences and....saved them.’

    Night looks at Inanna.

    ‘Goddess of Destruction. Interesting.........what do you have for payment? You think your time is payment enough? After you trespassed AND stole from me.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #1427
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ĎOh, I didnít bargain with the dead god. I merely....listened to the pleas of two entwined essences and....saved them.í

    Night looks at Inanna.

    ĎGoddess of Destruction. Interesting.........what do you have for payment? You think your time is payment enough? After you trespassed AND stole from me.í
    "Considering what resulted from your playing savior, yes." Inanna replied. "And what did I steal, exactly?" The woman asked. "A corpse left for thousands of years to slowly wither in space? Energy you could've taken back at any time but seemingly didn't care enough to? Seems to me like I simply cleared some unwanted refuse from your doorstep."

    Inanna attempted to pinch the bridge of her nose, but could only sigh for continued lack of movement. "Of course, if you insist I suppose I could part with a trophy I've been carrying for a half decade."

    Marduk's withered, and skeletal arm. Severed by Kenbo back at the Showdown in the Black Market Bazaar... carried all this time by Ishtar, and then Inanna. A trophy... and a reminder.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #1428
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Considering what resulted from your playing savior, yes." Inanna replied. "And what did I steal, exactly?" The woman asked. "A corpse left for thousands of years to slowly wither in space? Energy you could've taken back at any time but seemingly didn't care enough to? Seems to me like I simply cleared some unwanted refuse from your doorstep."

    Inanna attempted to pinch the bridge of her nose, but could only sigh for continued lack of movement. "Of course, if you insist I suppose I could part with a trophy I've been carrying for a half decade."

    Marduk's withered, and skeletal arm. Severed by Kenbo back at the Showdown in the Black Market Bazaar... carried all this time by Ishtar, and then Inanna. A trophy... and a reminder.
    Night plays a quick tune and all three can move again.

    He smiles at Inanna.

    ‘Perhaps.....Hmm, how about something simple then? Show me how you got here. You took my power...show me the power you used to come here to this universe.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #1429
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The pressure leaves her eyes amidst a swirling flute tune.

    ‘Oh? Travelers far and wide. A mutant, a mutt, and a majin know of something of mine? Amulets...Amulet...ah, of Bitter Mourning?’
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna continued to siphon, power beginning to build slowly; but couldn't help but grimace when Parsley attempted to haggle the Amulet. If for no other reason than the fact that it wasn't hers to haggle. The jig was up however, no sense trying to cram the truth back into its container.

    As far as what she had to offer herself, however?

    "You've already taken something from me, as far as it stands I see this as simply fair trade." Inanna said. "I wouldn't be here after all, had you not bargained with Indar'en."

    Time. What she'd taken from Inanna, was time. Something that was at this very moment, oh so valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ‘Oh, I didn’t bargain with the dead god. I merely....listened to the pleas of two entwined essences and....saved them.’

    Night looks at Inanna.

    ‘Goddess of Destruction. Interesting.........what do you have for payment? You think your time is payment enough? After you trespassed AND stole from me.’
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Considering what resulted from your playing savior, yes." Inanna replied. "And what did I steal, exactly?" The woman asked. "A corpse left for thousands of years to slowly wither in space? Energy you could've taken back at any time but seemingly didn't care enough to? Seems to me like I simply cleared some unwanted refuse from your doorstep."

    Inanna attempted to pinch the bridge of her nose, but could only sigh for continued lack of movement. "Of course, if you insist I suppose I could part with a trophy I've been carrying for a half decade."

    Marduk's withered, and skeletal arm. Severed by Kenbo back at the Showdown in the Black Market Bazaar... carried all this time by Ishtar, and then Inanna. A trophy... and a reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Night plays a quick tune and all three can move again.

    He smiles at Inanna.

    ‘Perhaps.....Hmm, how about something simple then? Show me how you got here. You took my power...show me the power you used to come here to this universe.’
    Parsley was about to respond when Inanna jumped ahead. Parsley had been hoping to keep the fact that they were from another universe secret until she absolutely had to. From the way the conversation had been progressing up to that point, it seemed Night was unaware of that fact. Of course, she wouldn't assume he was ignorant of other universes, but them not being from this one was a card she would have preferred to play close to the vest, so to speak.

    Alas, it was placed on the table anyway. She wasn't sure how he managed to figure it out, but it was too late to take it back. He freed them, in exchange for an exhibition of the power used to bring them there. A feat that threatened to bite them in the ass at a later date. Even if he had no malice when he killed Jormuder, that didn't mean he wasn't malevolent. He had crossed over into their universe once upon a time, so it was a feat well within his own capabilities. That didn't mean he didn't have other uses for it.

    She restrained a sigh. A bridge to cross when we get there, I suppose. Another in a long and ever growing list of enemies.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 05-21-2020 at 04:38 PM.

  5. #1430
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Night plays a quick tune and all three can move again.

    He smiles at Inanna.

    ‘Perhaps.....Hmm, how about something simple then? Show me how you got here. You took my power...show me the power you used to come here to this universe.’
    Inanna shrugged- finally- and flicked with a flick of her claws split open her opposite palm.

    "Not much to show, really. Just explain." She stated, as blood started dripping onto the grass. "Old fashioned to be sure... crude; Blood Magic. Just a few drops, and I can briefly fudge the local 'laws'. How I used that to get here was also simple enough. The blood drawn, I can use the energy generated to briefly remove the 'barrier' between dimensions. So one moment, I'm standing where I'm from, the next I- and these two- are standing here."

    It was going to be a bother, this; but what was worse? Living to grow stronger, and deal with the problem? Or dying before you get the chance...
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  6. #1431
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna shrugged- finally- and flicked with a flick of her claws split open her opposite palm.

    "Not much to show, really. Just explain." She stated, as blood started dripping onto the grass. "Old fashioned to be sure... crude; Blood Magic. Just a few drops, and I can briefly fudge the local 'laws'. How I used that to get here was also simple enough. The blood drawn, I can use the energy generated to briefly remove the 'barrier' between dimensions. So one moment, I'm standing where I'm from, the next I- and these two- are standing here."

    It was going to be a bother, this; but what was worse? Living to grow stronger, and deal with the problem? Or dying before you get the chance...
    He nods and plays another tune, smiling, copper eyes gleaming.

    ‘A bargain. Go in peace, Goddess.’

    He turns to Sasheem and Parsley.

    ‘And you two? She’s free to go, what of you?’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #1432
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He nods and plays another tune, smiling, copper eyes gleaming.

    ‘A bargain. Go in peace, Goddess.’

    He turns to Sasheem and Parsley.

    ‘And you two? She’s free to go, what of you?’
    "A promise," she offered. "If you let me go, I'll bring you back your amulet. I assume you want it back. Otherwise, why bother making it in the first place only to let a stranger wear it?"

  8. #1433
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A promise," she offered. "If you let me go, I'll bring you back your amulet. I assume you want it back. Otherwise, why bother making it in the first place only to let a stranger wear it?"
    ‘The trinket is not worth much to me. I willingly gave it away last time. Hmm.....but I am intrigued by your promise. Very well. In one years time you will return it to me. Renege on it, fail, and I take your eyes. Agreed?’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #1434
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ‘The trinket is not worth much to me. I willingly gave it away last time. Hmm.....but I am intrigued by your promise. Very well. In one years time you will return it to me. Renege on it, fail, and I take your eyes. Agreed?’
    "Very well," she answered with no hesitation. She wouldn't need a year. With Maiz in his clutches still and Sarada commissioning her to retrieve her, she had all the incentive she needed to complete this task.

  10. #1435
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Very well," she answered with no hesitation. She wouldn't need a year. With Maiz in his clutches still and Sarada commissioning her to retrieve her, she had all the incentive she needed to complete this task.
    He nods.

    ‘Go in Peace, Saiyan Princess.’

    He looks to Sasheem now.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #1436
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He nods.

    ‘Go in Peace, Saiyan Princess.’

    He looks to Sasheem now.
    Parsley nodded and took a step back. She wondered, briefly, what Sasheem could possibly have to exchange for his freedom. Knowing him, something his pilfered from some poor family in exchange for his "heroic" deeds. She eyed him carefully, silently beckoning that he hurry it up so they could leave. She was already tired of this universe, far more than she was the last time they were there.

  12. #1437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A slow excitement built up as she realized how close they were to finally seeing for herself this amazing room. Standing back up and stretching, Dash then placed her hands across her chest, "So let's see, One day is equal to one year, a half a day is equal to six months, an 6 hours is equal to 3 months. Ah guess we can manage to train enough in 6 hours. The threats aren't gonna give us a whole lot of time, and neither will the others."

    She then scanned the Lookout to see if anyone else was there, "Ah figure Sarada and her sister are 'bout done with their trainin. Ah bet they're twice as powerful by now, Saiyans are like that." she spoke almost wistfully, then smiled, "Come on Praxat, let's get ready for our own trainin."
    " Sure thing, " Praxat said.

  13. #1438
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Sure thing, " Praxat said.
    After thinking Kai again, Dash heads out, intending to check on the RoSaT. Instead.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Inanna had left, no doubt to fulfill some inane task necessary to deal with the would-be "gods", leaving Rex to contemplate things on his own. Unfortunately, his patience was wearing thing evident by the fresh cracks forming on the floor with each time his tail slapped against it. He had spent three years recovering, three years building his strength, and for what? To watch some hatchlings train? It would be easier just to eat them all, at least then all that power wouldn't be wasted.

    Yes... it would be so easy... He could feel his mouth salivating at the thought. After all, it had been some time since he had last gorged himself on the weak. What was to stop him?

    No. His human hand clenched into a fist as the saurian snarled, annoyed that his baser instincts had been growing so tempting after millennia of self-control. This and this hand! Nothing had been the same since those damned mountains! What he needed was a worthy prey, not some easy pickings!

    "This Auroc and Indra best be worth it..." He growled to himself.
    she sees him up ahead, looked particularly in a bad mood.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #1439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After thinking Kai again, Dash heads out, intending to check on the RoSaT. Instead.....



    she sees him up ahead, looked particularly in a bad mood.
    Praxat follows Dash

  15. #1440
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After thinking Kai again, Dash heads out, intending to check on the RoSaT. Instead.....



    she sees him up ahead, looked particularly in a bad mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat follows Dash
    Speaking of hatchlings...

    His gaze set ahead to the endless blue of the skies surrounding the Lookout, Rex watched them from the peripheral of his vision as the human and... frog or toad alien? He vaguely recalled them from observing through Charco, but didn't bother to remember any concrete details as they didn't seem important enough to remember. What was important, however, was that they were approaching for some reason. His tail slapped the ground much harder this time, sending cracks across the tiling surrounding the impact point.

    "Do we have a problem?" He said, his voice rumbling like thunder, his words a polite growl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •