Page 25 of 371 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I don't have a sister," she answered, deadpan.

Lantro clearly was mistaking Avoca for Parsley. Which was odd since they didn't look anything alike. Well, they did say that married couples started to resemble each other after a while, but it had only been three years for them! "Oh, it's you. You're mistaking me for my wife."

With that out of the way, she could on why he was there. She knew that Sarada hit him with some kind of anti-Saiyan gas that she had developed way back when Jagam was actually relevant. Avoca thought she would have used it by then, but nah, she was holding on to it for no apparent reason. That, along with him just so happening to be on Vocado when the invasion happened didn't really explain why he'd bother to help the Saiyans. Especially when he admitted to trying to kill Sarada with the Tuffles!

Her eyes narrowed when she regarded him again. "No, it isn't. Doesn't explain why you fought for us when you tried to **** us over with those damned Tuffles."
    "Well, sister-in-law. Close enough," Lantro laughed, scratching the back of his head and looking off to the side at his foolish mistake. "I'll remember not to get you two mixed up in the future," Lantro promised. "Almost impossible to do so, if I'm traveling behind them..."

His expression soon returned to that of serious demanor inn an instant. "So, right. About the Tuffles. Thought they were unjustly treated. And they were. So I decided to help them seek their vengeance. But...your sister....in-law told me they had been given a chance. That the Saiyans had suffered for their past crimes. That any suspensions delivered would not be deserved," Lantro frowned. "Jury's still out on that....but after I broke out of GP custody, I decided to stick around and observe before I made any future moves and.....well, I really like that new place imported from Earth. The one with the pizza."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Well, sister-in-law. Close enough," Lantro laughed, scratching the back of his head and looking off to the side at his foolish mistake. "I'll remember not to get you two mixed up in the future," Lantro promised. "Almost impossible to do so, if I'm traveling behind them..."

His expression soon returned to that of serious demanor inn an instant. "So, right. About the Tuffles. Thought they were unjustly treated. And they were. So I decided to help them seek their vengeance. But...your sister....in-law told me they had been given a chance. That the Saiyans had suffered for their past crimes. That any suspensions delivered would not be deserved," Lantro frowned. "Jury's still out on that....but after I broke out of GP custody, I decided to stick around and observe before I made any future moves and.....well, I really like that new place imported from Earth. The one with the pizza."
    She knew that pizza could change lives. Even if that wasn't the sole reason his outlook on Saiyans changed... eh, she preferred to believe it was. **** was good, and probably the only positive contribution those two brats would ever... contribute.

Other than that, his reasons for at least sticking around Vocado seemed valid. And Saiyans didn't care for lying, for the most part, and this guy at least seemed like he was at least partially Saiyan. Avoca saw no reason to give him ****... just yet. If Sarada wanted him dead, he would have been executed instead of arrested. "Fine. As long as you don't act like a dickhead again, I guess you can stick around," she said.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The flight to the Lookout was painfully easy to make with the flickers of power felt even from the Capsule Corps building. With plans made, all that was left was reaching the battle in time.

Approaching the floating sanctuary, Shōchū would be witness to the results of Dash's battle with the barrier, the glass-like shards dissipating into a thick smoke that coalesced into a figure whose appearance strongly tried to invoke the terror of death itself. Said figure would attempt to behead Dash, only for the human girl and Totoma to quickly rebuff the scythe wielder.

Determining that the two of them would suffice to handle that one for now, Shōchū quickly descended to the Lookout, heading into the buildings where the sounds of combat were still heavy.
    A small explosion is seen and one side of the lookouts main building blows out as three figures emerged.

One, a powerful looking Gold Knight in battered armor wielding a bow. The other two are Jack Knave, graveyard magic swirling around him as he clutches a knife, cigarette still in his mouth, one arm hanging limply. The other figure is the jacked Oni Nunlil. Inanna’s cousin, and Jack’s current lover, appears to be bleeding from multiple arrow wounds but still up and fighting.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"I'll join you shortly, perhaps," Blizzar had noted to her. "I'm going to have this rabble transferred to a maximum security facility. Perhaps there is something further that can be interrogated from them."

Without another word, Blizzar called in a transport shuttle from the GP's Earth Base to pick up the prisoners.
    It only takes a few minutes for the shuttles to arrive and GP officers to take them into custody.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    (Good, my Lab is okay. Now I can get to work analyzation and studying this material I took from one of the Threshlings!) Praxat thought.

Praxat takes out a piece of shimmery black material and uses her Lab equipment to start analyzing it." ( mastering the art of compression has allowed me to travel at absurd speeds by jumping. Look back, I would laugh at my younger self for my inefficient way of jumping back than. From Althena, I learn that just doing one big hop takes too much time and wastes energy,) Praxat thought.

( The art of compression is about efficiency. By using a specific combination of jumps. I can travel at absurd speeds without waste much time storing elastic potential energy while also conserving energy,) Praxat thought.

(I hope Dash and the others are doing okay. There's probably a big fight happen on the Lookout. Wish I could join in, but my work comes first,) Praxat thought.
    You briefly feel a few more powerlevels appear in CC, but they quickly fly to the Lookout.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She knew that pizza could change lives. Even if that wasn't the sole reason his outlook on Saiyans changed... eh, she preferred to believe it was. **** was good, and probably the only positive contribution those two brats would ever... contribute.

Other than that, his reasons for at least sticking around Vocado seemed valid. And Saiyans didn't care for lying, for the most part, and this guy at least seemed like he was at least partially Saiyan. Avoca saw no reason to give him ****... just yet. If Sarada wanted him dead, he would have been executed instead of arrested. "Fine. As long as you don't act like a dickhead again, I guess you can stick around," she said.
    "I've been told I always act like a dickhead," Lantro chuckled. "But a helpful one. More inportantly...where exactly are we heading?"

Kicked away by Totoma, Dash has a golden moment to cut into the scythe wielder with her sword.

It seems to find purchase, but then the form bursts into black smoke and coalesces back into the same humanoid shape a moment later.

It seems to not have been injured.

The scythe seems to thrum and a feeling of dread and terror starts to overcome Dash and Totoma.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"I've been told I always act like a dickhead," Lantro chuckled. "But a helpful one. More inportantly...where exactly are we heading?"
    Avoca shrugged. "Beats me. Apparently the guardian here is in trouble like Sarada was. Don't know about that Jinzi guy."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A small explosion is seen and one side of the lookouts main building blows out as three figures emerged.

One, a powerful looking Gold Knight in battered armor wielding a bow. The other two are Jack Knave, graveyard magic swirling around him as he clutches a knife, cigarette still in his mouth, one arm hanging limply. The other figure is the jacked Oni Nunlil. Inanna’s cousin, and Jack’s current lover, appears to be bleeding from multiple arrow wounds but still up and fighting.
    Parsley landed on the Lookout and immediately took stock of the situation. Above, Totoma and Dash were fighting some being with a scythe. And an explosion heralded the emergence of Jack, Nunlil, and a gold armored Threshling. Her eyes narrowed as she transformed and quickly approached the Threshling.

"Your god has been humiliated and defeated," she announced to him. "Your ploy on Vocado failed. The Saiyan Queen and her child are safe." Her ax appeared in her hand, brimming with crackling energy siphoned from her own body. "The same can perhaps be said of you, if you cooperate."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Kicked away by Totoma, Dash has a golden moment to cut into the scythe wielder with her sword.

It seems to find purchase, but then the form bursts into black smoke and coalesces back into the same humanoid shape a moment later.

The scythe seems to thrum and a feeling of dread and terror starts to overcome Dash and Totoma.
    Her sword re-merged with the armor as Dash drifted backwards like one would slowly step away from something or someone scary. Glancing over at Totoma briefly, she turned back to look at this smoke creature. As she did, a calm swept over her (Eye of the Storm) and a moment of clarity, she knew what she needed to do, though it might cost her dearly.

"Totoma, you'd best head down to the Lookout." As she spoke, she tapped into what Ki she had left and transformed once again, this time manifesting the Water Armor, her hair turning turquoise and blue.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A bow-wielder; a unique choice of weaponry, but fighters came in all forms. Based off what little of her database had on the Threshling knights, their power was indicated by precious metal made up their armor with gold being one, if not the, highest rank. That would explain why the human and oni were having difficulty dealing with this one. A shame she had not learned any healing techniques from Quila.

Introducing herself by firing a quick shot toward the knight's head, Shōchū quickly followed after launching a flurry of jabs from the head of her staff.

Avoca shrugged. "Beats me. Apparently the guardian here is in trouble like Sarada was. Don't know about that Jinzi guy."
    "Earth's Guardian, huh..." Lantro frowned, looking ahead. "Not that I know any Guardian personally, but the whole system's always rubbed me the wrong way. Probably the one thing that everyone agreed on back when I was with the GP. A watchtower overlooking a planet isn't a bad idea, but the amount of power they're granted, they're more a beacon for danger than a deterrent."

"Maiz might of changed my mind a bit given all I learned about her back on your homeworld..." Lantro added. "But she's only one out who knows how many honestly."

You briefly feel a few more powerlevels appear in CC, but they quickly fly to the Lookout.
    Praxat's lab is very humid, and every now then there's a light mist. ( Hmm, I don't have time to follow those power levels I just felt. Right, now I'm mainly focusing on analyzing this shimmery black material. I believe analyzing it, might prove useful,) Praxat thought.

Praxat turns on her googles' x-ray vision as she continues to analyze the material. ( Jinzi should be safe on Chroma. It's most likely that the enemy doesn't know he's there. I know here's there because Cyanna told me,) Praxat thought.

( That reminds me visiting Chroma would be nice. It's been so long since I last been there. They have a wonderful library there,) Praxat thought.

In the middle of Praxat's lab on a wall is drawing of her grandmother Araxat with the words murderer , psycho bitch, sociopath, dead to me, and I hate you.

( Good looks like my lab's misting system is working and keeping the humidity levels of my lab in check,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-22-2020 at 06:30 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"Earth's Guardian, huh..." Lantro frowned, looking ahead. "Not that I know any Guardian personally, but the whole system's always rubbed me the wrong way. Probably the one thing that everyone agreed on back when I was with the GP. A watchtower overlooking a planet isn't a bad idea, but the amount of power they're granted, they're more a beacon for danger than a deterrent."

"Maiz might of changed my mind a bit given all I learned about her back on your homeworld..." Lantro added. "But she's only one out who knows how many honestly."
    Parsley tried to explain to her what the Guardian system was, but it usually could have been boiled down to one person out of millions was given god-like powers to help protect and guide their race. Which seemed redundant since a person didn't need to be handed god-like powers to do that. All one needed to do was look at what Maiz did before and what she was doing now. It was the same thing. Literally, she wasn't doing anything she hadn't already been doing, or wouldn't have been able to do without them. She didn't know how this stuff worked on other worlds, but on Vocado, it wasn't a needed position.

"Don't know about other worlds and don't really care. It's not needed on Vocado. Maiz has been doing that stuff long before this Guardian **** even came up."

And, naturally, there was the point about any world with a guardian automatically having a target on its back. Then again, the Saiyans already had that, so it was business as usual. And, surprisingly, this was the first time Maiz was targeted in four years of being their Guardian. She supposed the rest of the universe finally took notice.

The familiar floating white platform that she knew to be the Lookout was coming into view. Even from that distance, she could feel the powers and see the aftereffects of battle lighting the sky. "Hope you're good in a fight. These Threshling aren't pushovers." She then sped up to reach the action more quickly. She saw a golden aura and knew that was Parsley. Guess I'll head somewhere else to stay out of her way.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Her sword re-merged with the armor as Dash drifted backwards like one would slowly step away from something or someone scary. Glancing over at Totoma briefly, she turned back to look at this smoke creature. As she did, a calm swept over her (Eye of the Storm) and a moment of clarity, she knew what she needed to do, though it might cost her dearly.

"Totoma, you'd best head down to the Lookout." As she spoke, she tapped into what Ki she had left and transformed once again, this time manifesting the Water Armor, her hair turning turquoise and blue.
    Totoma briefly drifted backwards, taken by surprise by the wave of terror, but then an even more overwhelmingly frightening presence appeared behind him. Waiting... watching.. for any sign of weakness.

His mother. Metaphorically, anyway.

If he let this guy get to him, he'd never hear the end of it...

Still, this wasn't an enemy he was well-suited to fighting. And he'd achieved his goal of helping Dash... even though it turned out she was quick enough to not really need to assist. She seemed to have an idea, so... yeah, lookout was probably where he'd be more useful.

"'kay, I'll let you handle this guy," he said. "Have fun."

His aura bursting into existence, he shot down at the lookout and landed next to Parsley, the remaining feeling of fear fading. He sighed. "Man, oh man... what a day. Sarada back on Vocado? Figured she'd jump at the chance to fight guys this strong."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma briefly drifted backwards, taken by surprise by the wave of terror, but then an even more overwhelmingly frightening presence appeared behind him. Waiting... watching.. for any sign of weakness.

His mother. Metaphorically, anyway.

If he let this guy get to him, he'd never hear the end of it...

Still, this wasn't an enemy he was well-suited to fighting. And he'd achieved his goal of helping Dash... even though it turned out she was quick enough to not really need to assist. She seemed to have an idea, so... yeah, lookout was probably where he'd be more useful.

"'kay, I'll let you handle this guy," he said. "Have fun."

His aura bursting into existence, he shot down at the lookout and landed next to Parsley, the remaining feeling of fear fading. He sighed. "Man, oh man... what a day. Sarada back on Vocado? Figured she'd jump at the chance to fight guys this strong."
    Totoma landed next to her, after having previously been up above aiding Dash. She supposed the fool decided to fight a vastly stronger opponent on her own, despite no signs that she was strong enough to warrant such confidence. Whatever the human's reasons were, they weren't relevant to Parsley's battle.

She expected the Threshling knight to respond to her truthful claim when one of the newer members of their cadre of warriors, Shochu, attacked. She sighed heavily and looked for an opening. As she did, she answered, "Auroc and his army attacked Vocado minutes ago. It was repelled, but Sarada was nearly taken and was rendered unconscious. She's on Ruco recovering."

She shot forward, raising her ax to swing down on the flank of the knight. "Auroc wanted Sarada's child for its birthright. I can only assume that means it inherited Hakai from Inanna." If true, that meant that the child was going to be unimaginably powerful. More powerful than either of its parents, certainly, as was often the case with hybrids.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!