Page 177 of 371 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 5560
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Honestly, probably Held or The Man in White or Inanna.
    OOC: You bastard. You knew I was contemplating having Held stalk Parsely and Blizzar, only to screw them out of treasure at the last moment. But, you have a point...Held does have a job to do.

IC:

The Nevadian whistled appreciatively as Mauroc was turned into colorful stardust, makeshift fireworks to herald the freedom of the people of Reshlan.

"Well, that's certainly a view I'll never forget." Held said, turning to Sefiroth, raising his glass in a toast. "I guess to new beginning---"

The Nevadian sighed.

"****. I can't catch a break."

The Nevadian pressed a button on his communicator, patching him in to Captain Ulysses and his compatriots.

"This is Admiral Debon. The enemy command has fallen, number of planetary casualties unknown. Please stand by to render aid."

The sigh deepened as he cut communication.

"The joys of the job....I suppose I should go talk to Neva or the Queen and see if I need to worry about them trying to shoot my people out of the sky, or if that was something favored by our dearly departed firecracker..."

The Nevadian's focus faded as he sensed a disturbance, as if several items, once silenced, were ready for liberation---one he had not felt since Incenio....

Treasure.

Somehow, someway, he was certain that it was near, his body shaking as he fought the urge to scour the nearby area for it. This was neither the time, nor place.

Sadly, duty reigned supreme, and a dejected Nevadian heart stood steadfast in honor of it.

I should have stayed on earth...
    Last edited by Miburo; 09-28-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley, you get a massive electric shock through your system when you ram into the door. You do manage to bust it partially open, but the magic on the door electrocutes you and and sends you flying backwards into a wall, narrowly missing Blizzar.

You are also pretty drained, so it’s unlikely you can even go SSJ at the moment.
    "Unh."

That probably wasn't the smartest thing she had done. Okay, it was stupidest thing since she attached her hand to that dead dragon's eyeball. Regardless, she partially opened the door, and that damned Icer couldn't get inside without electrocuting himself in the process.

So...tired... but must capture treasure...

She grunted and tiredly hoisted herself up to her feet.

"Wait, there's magic on that door... Tomare Tokio," she uttered, attempting to drain the magic from the door as she approached.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley, you get a massive electric shock through your system when you ram into the door. You do manage to bust it partially open, but the magic on the door electrocutes you and and sends you flying backwards into a wall, narrowly missing Blizzar.

You are also pretty drained, so it’s unlikely you can even go SSJ at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Unh."

That probably wasn't the smartest thing she had done. Okay, it was stupidest thing since she attached her hand to that dead dragon's eyeball. Regardless, she partially opened the door, and that damned Icer couldn't get inside without electrocuting himself in the process.

So...tired... but must capture treasure...

She grunted and tiredly hoisted herself up to her feet.

"Wait, there's magic on that door... Tomare Tokio," she uttered, attempting to drain the magic from the door as she approached.
    "So gracious of you to take the brunt of that, Parsley, I am truly grateful," Blizzar commended her. "I suppose I'll have to simply wait for you to finish, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    OOC: You bastard. You knew I was contemplating having Held stalk Parsely and Blizzar, only to screw them out of treasure at the last moment. But, you have a point...Held does have a job to do.

IC:

The Nevadian whistled appreciatively as Mauroc was turned into colorful stardust, makeshift fireworks to herald the freedom of the people of Reshlan.

"Well, that's certainly a view I'll never forget." Held said, turning to Sefiroth, raising his glass in a toast. "I guess to new beginning---"

The Nevadian sighed.

"****. I can't catch a break."

The Nevadian pressed a button on his communicator, patching him in to Captain Ulysses and his compatriots.

"This is Admiral Debon. The enemy command has fallen, number of planetary casualties unknown. Please stand by to render aid."

The sigh deepened as he cut communication.

"The joys of the job....I suppose I should go talk to Neva or the Queen and see if I need to worry about them trying to shoot my people out of the sky, or if that was something favored by our dearly departed firecracker..."

The Nevadian's focus faded as he sensed a disturbance, as if several items, once silenced, were ready for liberation---one he had not felt since Incenio....

Treasure.

Somehow, someway, he was certain that it was near, his body shaking as he fought the urge to scour the nearby area for it. This was neither the time, nor place.

Sadly, duty reigned supreme, and a dejected Nevadian heart stood steadfast in honor of it.

I should have stayed on earth...
    As they walked, the first person they saw was the Nevadian up ahead. Approaching, Dash called out to him, "Hey, Held!"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Do you suppose there are other treasures hidden away by your ancestors?" She looked ahead for a moment before turning back to Praxat, "The only treasure my ancestor left behind was her journal and her relationship with these elemental spirits. Something Ah still don't fully understand, which sounds strange. Ah mean, they are not very talkative, at least not so far."
    "Don't know about my other ancestors. I never discover their tombs. I only discovered Disdemona's tomb. Beside her sword, the only other treasures in there used to belong to the group she was with as a space adventure.

" That and a mural detail her life story. My ancestor's Disdemona's life is pretty tragic. She was a chemist who was born way ahead of her time and accused of being a witch. Shun by her people, and was considered to be the black sheep of my family during her time," Praxat said.

" One day, more than 30,000 years ago. An alien called a Konatsian, named Vyggen crashed land on my homeworld. My ancestor Disedemona discovered his ship and him holding a strange device," Praxat said.

" My ancestor Disedemona messed with the device to figure out what it was. My ancestor Disdemona learn from the Konatsian she took it from. That it was an advanced Konatsian military device. That used chemicals to affect DNA," Praxat said.

" My ancestor Disdemona end up using this device to create a new chemical. My ancestor told the Toadians back then about the strange alien she saw and the space ship, but no one believed her. So out of desperation, she showed them her new chemical as some kind of proof," Praxat said.

" Tragedy struck when my ancestor Disdemona's sister Aminta snatched the chemical and messed with it. This lead to an accident that unleashed a gas which to turn all Toadians at the time to stone. Expect for my ancestor Disdemona she managed to outrun the gas.

" When she met the Konatsian again and told him, He told her that the effects would wear off in a day. My ancestor Disdemona helped the Konatsian fix his space ship. The next day my ancestor was confronted by the other Toadians at the time, and they wanted her dead," Praxat said.

"So she did the only thing she could do in her situation. She used the same chemical she made in self-defense to stun them and got on Vyggen's ship to leave her homeworld behind. When the effects wore off. My ancestor Disdemona was told by Vyggenn that the chemical mutated some of the Toadians at the time," Praxat said.

" Among there's was Toadian queen at the time and one of her children, Doralie. All of this was stated in her mural, so eventually, My ancestor Disdemona did come back to her homeworld. My ancestor's chemical would Eventually lead to the raised of a subspecies of my race called an Intoadians through the process of evolution. Althena is a part of this subspecies," Praxat said.

As they walked, the first person they saw was the Nevadian up ahead. Approaching, Dash called out to him, "Hey, Held!"

Praxat says nothing and just waves at Held.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The magic on the door fizzles, then fades away. The vault can now be accessed through the partially broken door slab.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The magic on the door fizzles, then fades away. The vault can now be accessed through the partially broken door slab.
    Success!

Parsley was exhausted, but the hidden treasures that laid within just beyond that door gave her a boost of energy that rivaled even Super Saiyan. She shot forward, zooming past Blizzar and slipping through the crack in the door.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Oh you-,"

Success!

Parsley was exhausted, but the hidden treasures that laid within just beyond that door gave her a boost of energy that rivaled even Super Saiyan. She shot forward, zooming past Blizzar and slipping through the crack in the door.
    "-Not so fast!" Blizzar chases after her, boosting his power level to keep up with Parsley.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Don't know about my other ancestors. I never discover their tombs. I only discovered Disdemona's tomb. Beside her sword, the only other treasures in there used to belong to the group she was with as a space adventure.

" That and a mural detail her life story. My ancestor's Disdemona's life is pretty tragic. She was a chemist who was born way ahead of her time and accused of being a witch. Shun by her people, and was considered to be the black sheep of my family during her time," Praxat said.

" One day, more than 30,000 years ago. An alien called a Konatsian, named Vyggen crashed land on my homeworld. My ancestor Disedemona discovered his ship and him holding a strange device," Praxat said.

" My ancestor Disedemona messed with the device to figure out what it was. My ancestor Disdemona learn from the Konatsian she took it from. That it was an advanced Konatsian military device. That used chemicals to affect DNA," Praxat said.

" My ancestor Disdemona end up using this device to create a new chemical. My ancestor told the Toadians back then about the strange alien she saw and the space ship, but no one believed her. So out of desperation, she showed them her new chemical as some kind of proof," Praxat said.

" Tragedy struck when my ancestor Disdemona's sister Aminta snatched the chemical and messed with it. This lead to an accident that unleashed a gas which to turn all Toadians at the time to stone. Expect for my ancestor Disdemona she managed to outrun the gas.

" When she met the Konatsian again and told him, He told her that the effects would wear off in a day. My ancestor Disdemona helped the Konatsian fix his space ship. The next day my ancestor was confronted by the other Toadians at the time, and they wanted her dead," Praxat said.

"So she did the only thing she could do in her situation. She used the same chemical she made in self-defense to stun them and got on Vyggen's ship to leave her homeworld behind. When the effects wore off. My ancestor Disdemona was told by Vyggenn that the chemical mutated some of the Toadians at the time," Praxat said.

" Among there's was Toadian queen at the time and one of her children, Doralie. All of this was stated in her mural, so eventually, My ancestor Disdemona did come back to her homeworld. My ancestor's chemical would Eventually lead to the raised of a subspecies of my race called an Intoadians through the process of evolution. Althena is a part of this subspecies," Praxat said.

"That's quite a story." As she spoke, she came to a stop nearby Held.

'You'd think that the others would be here already." As she spoke, she noticed that Held looked a bit distracted. Turning her gaze the same way as his, she realized that the Castle was not far from here. "Ah suppose we could go back there, am sure there are Threshlings who could use some help."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The vault is....remarkably empty.

Despite its vast size, there are no hoards of gold, jewels, or paintings and sculptures like Incenio had. Instead, on each wall is a single shelf.

On the left, a single stone box about the size of a steamer trunk. On the back wall, a large tree of unknown origin with gossamer pink fruit (three of them). On the right wall a shelf containing two vials of green liquid, a large black brandy looking bottle, a red medallion, and a worn looking book. On the wall they came in on, on either side of the door, is a weapons stand and an armor stand. The weapons look old, only three on the shelf. A halberd, a long slim sword, and a strange looking rock dagger. On the armor stand, a cracked and pitted suit of silver and black plate armor, with strange emblems on the shoulders, chest, and back.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Despite its vast size, there are no hoards of gold, jewels, or paintings and sculptures like Incenio had. Instead, on each wall is a single shelf.

On the left, a single stone box about the size of a steamer trunk. On the back wall, a large tree of unknown origin with gossamer pink fruit (three of them). On the right wall a shelf containing two vials of green liquid, a large black brandy looking bottle, a red medallion, and a worn looking book. On the wall they came in on, on either side of the door, is a weapons stand and an armor stand. The weapons look old, only three on the shelf. A halberd, a long slim sword, and a strange looking rock dagger. On the armor stand, a cracked and pitted suit of silver and black plate armor, with strange emblems on the shoulders, chest, and back.
    "Okay...not what I'd hoped for, but..." Blizzar turned to Parsley. "There doesn't have to be a confrontation here. I say we split the loot."

Parsley had been expecting vast treasures the likes of which she had never seen in her entire life. To say she was disappointed with the spread set out before her was a vast, inconceivable understatement.

She sighed heavily, cutting a glance at the Icer beside her while taking a step further inside.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Okay...not what I'd hoped for, but..." Blizzar turned to Parsley. "There doesn't have to be a confrontation here. I say we split the loot."
    "...agreed. There isn't much here, anyway."

She took her time walking around the room, casting a scrutinizing eye across each item Auroc's store room had to offer. She didn't want to make a hasty decision and screw herself out of something that could be vitally useful at some point down the line. In the end, she made her choices:

One of the pieces of fruit (she was starving)
    One of the vials
    The sword
    The book
    The stone box

The rest looked uninteresting or not of much value to her. She would have picked the alcohol, but she didn't trust strange liquor. "The rest is yours," she said. She held up the green liquid to her eye, analyzing it as much as she could with Observational Focus.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

'You'd think that the others would be here already." As she spoke, she noticed that Held looked a bit distracted. Turning her gaze the same way as his, she realized that the Castle was not far from here. "Ah suppose we could go back there, am sure there are Threshlings who could use some help."
    "It is, and Althena and Cyanna were there with me when I discovered my ancestor Disdemona's Tomb, and her Mural. Killrog and my horrible sociopathic grandmother were also there. Cyanna told me when I was inside my ancestor Disdemona's tomb. That she would have had like my ancestor Disdemona," Praxat said.

" When I was inside my ancestor Disdemona's tomb, Althena was the one who read her mural," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "

The Nevadian turned to greet the newcomers, although it was mostly a formality. He had worked alongside them for so long that recognizing their energy signature was a trivial matter.

"Ladies." He said simply, tilting his glass in their direction, "If you came here to see the fireworks provided by our dearly departed lord Auroc.... although there wasn't a better place to be, I'm afraid you're simply too late."

He took a slight sip from his chalice.

"However, if you're here for a drink, I suppose you came to the right pla---"

He paused, before scratching his chin.

He looked the two over, Human and Toadian, before appraising them.

"Actually, how old are you two again? I'm not familiar with the intricacies of Human and Toadian age limits in regards to such things--Nevada's policy on such things are rather liberal, and mine are even moreso--but as you are quite close with Meagan, who is quite close with Jinzi, who I am quite close with.... I feel it's in my best interests to atleast make a token attempt to observe said age limits."

He frowned, before turning to Seifaroth.

"Actually, come to think of it, there isn't some protocol that Reshlan has in regards to this, is there? The age, the drinking, or any such things. And if there are, is it a minor infraction, or a major slight? I don't want my first meeting with the queen to me be causally flouting her sacred laws, after all."

"Ah, right." Held replied, nodding in agreement. "I was still working out the best way to handle that detail. On the one hand, the Capitol is likely the most devastated area of Reshlan, on the other hand, Auroc was attempting to drain the life force of the entire planet....I managed to disrupt it, but I can't discern how successful he was...Never mind what years of his reign might have done to the populace..."

He laughed slightly.

"I suppose I'm getting off topic. Have you seen Nevalinna or the Queen? I should probably arrange a talk with them, before I run off doing my own thing..."
    Last edited by Miburo; 09-28-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Parsley had been expecting vast treasures the likes of which she had never seen in her entire life. To say she was disappointed with the spread set out before her was a vast, inconceivable understatement.

She sighed heavily, cutting a glance at the Icer beside her while taking a step further inside.

"...agreed. There isn't much here, anyway."

She took her time walking around the room, casting a scrutinizing eye across each item Auroc's store room had to offer. She didn't want to make a hasty decision and screw herself out of something that could be vitally useful at some point down the line. In the end, she made her choices:

One of the pieces of fruit (she was starving)
    One of the vials
    The sword
    The book
    The stone box

The rest looked uninteresting or not of much value to her. She would have picked the alcohol, but she didn't trust strange liquor. "The rest is yours," she said. She held up the green liquid to her eye, analyzing it as much as she could with Observational Focus.
    The green vials that seem to radiate teleportation magic.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM