Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yeah, I'm looking for a swordmaster to train me in swordsmanship, So that I can feel worthy of welding my ancestor Disdemona's sword. Stories I read about her said that her skills in swordsmanship were exceptional," Praxat said.

Praxat then on unsheathes her ancestor's sword and shows it to Held. The sword is of remarkable craftsmanship. The blade is absurdly long and curved like a Katana. It's a sword design to be a two-handed weapon, and obviously, design for smashing and cutting, giving its curved blade and size.

Engraved in the hilt is the name Disdemona Luue. " Dash compliment me on my sword skills during battle, and I was just copying what she was doing," Praxat said.
    Held had glanced at the blade out of the corner of his eye, his focus so consumed on the endless amount of work that needed to be done.

He paused, when he realized that the blade was such enormous length, that a peripheral view was inadequate.

He turned, giving the blade his full attention, for a moment.

"Good Grief." He mumbled, sighing under his breath, "Your ancestor must have been twenty feet tall....It's certainly a...very bladey-blade, to be sure. I'm actually surprised, I wasn't aware Toadian craftsmanship was so refined...Either way, good luck finding your GP Ninja guy."

The Nevadian then turned back to his work.

A sigh escaped his lips.

"Praxat." Held began, turning his attention to her once more, "I feel I should point out that even if the GP has a warrior well versed in one of the Ninjutsus, and even if he specialized in the sword....The odds of him being proficient in something like..."

He looked up and down the length of the blade.

"That....Are fairly remote."

I mean....Sefi-Roth had a blade of similar length, but he's.....Maybe a figment of my imagination, so it's not like I could send her in his direction, and I don't think Frogspierre would even consider it if he were here....

"I'll double check with Ochazuke later, but I think most Ninjutsu practitioners are somewhat more....."

He fumbled for the words.

"Subtle. Than anything that could be managed with a blade of that length. You'd be better off focusing on something more suited to open spaces or full scale encounters. I mean, your sword has more in common with my long spears than any average Ninjato."

He scratched his chin.

"Then again, I could have been reading the literature incorrectly... I don't know that many ninja masters mysel---Hold on."

The Nevadian looked at his datapad once more, now sprawling with an endless variety of information and data, requests and reports.

He could feel his head start to reel in protests. He had scarcely found some respite from his duties, and they all came crawling back.

Not to mention, the inevitability of Her Return loomed large. Perhaps if he kept detracted, he would be able to postpone that moment, if only barely.

"....You know, I suppose I could help you out a little bit." Held continued, rubbing his temple in discomfort, "I fought against a guy with a blade like that not too long ago, and he was....quite formidable, so if nothing else, I could help you to become more adept than you are right now."

Anything to get away from all this paperwork...I wonder if I could pawn it off on Ulysses for a bit...?

"And I've yet to meet a weapon I couldn't get my mileage out of. I won't even charge you the same rate I would charge an absolute stranger---Although even then, my services aren't cheap."

He glanced one final time at the datapad, wincing in agony.

"You're a princess or something, right?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-24-2020 at 11:32 PM.