Page 179 of 371 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley hadn't seen many dragonballs in her time, but she had never seen one without any stars. She almost didn't recognize it at first. She recalled learning from one of the Threshling Knights that Auroc wanted a set of dragonballs for himself to wish for Lampton's location. If this one ball was any indication, he hadn't gotten very far on that journey. I wonder. There are six other balls out there somewhere. Perhaps Pants has upgraded his dragonball radar to detect any set of balls.

A thing to ponder and inquire about later. She placed the ball in the capsule, then held up the piece of metal and crystal. A curious structure that hopefully held some kind of value or promise.

Observational Focus
    Curiously, the ball resist going in the capsule for a second before going in.

As to the apparatus.....the more you Observe it, the more you can see it can fold and be turned into a dozen different arrays, and depending on how you do so and if you understand the energy flows between the strange crystals, this device can be used to bypass any sort of seal or barrier and enter a new place.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Curiously, the ball resist going in the capsule for a second before going in.

As to the apparatus.....the more you Observe it, the more you can see it can fold and be turned into a dozen different arrays, and depending on how you do so and if you understand the energy flows between the strange crystals, this device can be used to bypass any sort of seal or barrier and enter a new place.
    "..." The ball resisted. Only for a moment before acquiescing, but it resisted. Interesting. I'll need to study this a bit further.

She shelved that and moved on to the device in her hand. It was, for lack of a back term, a key that could open a doorway through seals and barriers. The energy flow between crystals varied depending on which way she turned and folded it.

"Incredible. I imagine he used this to teleport off world once the magical barrier was set in place," she said, mostly to herself. She had been hoping it was worth something, and found out it was a priceless tool.

She set it inside the capsule, then took out of the book. She was excited about this one. What was it? A journal? A catalog of all Auroc's adventures over the last few eons? A list of spells he had learned over the years? The location of priceless and extremely rare artifacts?

There was only one way to find out.

She opened the book and started reading.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian turned to greet the newcomers, although it was mostly a formality. He had worked alongside them for so long that recognizing their energy signature was a trivial matter.

"Ladies." He said simply, tilting his glass in their direction, "If you came here to see the fireworks provided by our dearly departed lord Auroc.... although there wasn't a better place to be, I'm afraid you're simply too late."

He took a slight sip from his chalice.

"However, if you're here for a drink, I suppose you came to the right pla---"

He paused, before scratching his chin.

He looked the two over, Human and Toadian, before appraising them.

"Actually, how old are you two again? I'm not familiar with the intricacies of Human and Toadian age limits in regards to such things--Nevada's policy on such things are rather liberal, and mine are even moreso--but as you are quite close with Meagan, who is quite close with Jinzi, who I am quite close with.... I feel it's in my best interests to atleast make a token attempt to observe said age limits."

He frowned, before turning to Seifaroth.

"Actually, come to think of it, there isn't some protocol that Reshlan has in regards to this, is there? The age, the drinking, or any such things. And if there are, is it a minor infraction, or a major slight? I don't want my first meeting with the queen to me be causally flouting her sacred laws, after all."

"Ah, right." Held replied, nodding in agreement. "I was still working out the best way to handle that detail. On the one hand, the Capitol is likely the most devastated area of Reshlan, on the other hand, Auroc was attempting to drain the life force of the entire planet....I managed to disrupt it, but I can't discern how successful he was...Never mind what years of his reign might have done to the populace..."

He laughed slightly.

"I suppose I'm getting off topic. Have you seen Nevalinna or the Queen? I should probably arrange a talk with them, before I run off doing my own thing..."
    " I'm 29, and I can't drink Alcoholic beverages, not because of any age limit, but because it makes me sick. I tried some alcoholic before, and it made me threw up my stomach. I'm not joking when my kind ingestion something our bodies don't agree with, we throw our entire stomachs up and then clean them off. However, I could use a bite to eat after the hard battle Dash, and I had," Praxat said.

" As for other beverages, basically, the only thing I can actually drink is water," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "..." The ball resisted. Only for a moment before acquiescing, but it resisted. Interesting. I'll need to study this a bit further.

She shelved that and moved on to the device in her hand. It was, for lack of a back term, a key that could open a doorway through seals and barriers. The energy flow between crystals varied depending on which way she turned and folded it.

"Incredible. I imagine he used this to teleport off world once the magical barrier was set in place," she said, mostly to herself. She had been hoping it was worth something, and found out it was a priceless tool.

She set it inside the capsule, then took out of the book. She was excited about this one. What was it? A journal? A catalog of all Auroc's adventures over the last few eons? A list of spells he had learned over the years? The location of priceless and extremely rare artifacts?

There was only one way to find out.

She opened the book and started reading.
    The book is written in over a dozen languages, one even in an odd binary, and consists of about fifteen different sections. However, the sections she can actually decipher and read are as follows:

Section 3: The Way Between Worlds

Section 4: Locations & Names

Section 6: Universe 18

Section 7: The Apparatus of Auroc

Section 12: The Ulthan
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The book is written in over a dozen languages, one even in an odd binary, and consists of about fifteen different sections. However, the sections she can actually decipher and read are as follows:

Section 3: The Way Between Worlds

Section 4: Locations & Names

Section 6: Universe 18

Section 7: The Apparatus of Auroc

Section 12: The Ulthan
    So many languages. Many of which she couldn't even understand. Meaning she would have to find someone who could understand to translate for her. Meaning...she would have to find Inanna.

I'll be sure to hide everything else I've found before I do. She's not getting her greedy hands on my new stuff!

There were five sections that she could understand. Going by the titles alone, this would prove to be a very informative reading. As she started on Section 3: The Way Between Worlds, she stood and started to walk out of the store room.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah just turned 23, and yes ah'm old enough to drink. Don't do to often since it messes with trainin, but ah've shared a few beers with my dad last time we got together. Ah even got a stash of Chromakai Wine back at my place, pretty amazing stuff."

"Last ah saw, it looked like they were helping to take out the meteors. Ah lost sight of them after that. Ah'd figure they would be back at the Castle by now."
    Dash was already feeling restless. The others hadn't returned yet, and she could either see of sense that others were moving around, doing things, helping out or helping themselves. Yes, she was tired, but her adrenaline rush was still with her.

Turning to Held and Praxat, "Ah'm gonna stretch my legs, see how things are going in the city."

"Prax, you can stay here an rest if you need to. Ah shouldn't be gone long." As she spoke, she looked at the injuries on her friends arms and legs. "Or you can come, if you want."

"Held, as soon as it's time to go, just call me on my communicator. Though Ah'll probably be back before then.

With that, Dash began walking towards the Castle, wanting to take one last look at it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Way Between Worlds is dark. The long stretches between planets an endless, unremitting, black. If it were not for my Majin nature, the travel between worlds would be enough to drive any mortal mad. There are no ships afforded me, nor spells to travel, and thus unlike my former master I must fly the long distances alone.

The Way Between Worlds is filled with things no mortal can see, just on the edge of reality and perception. Distant glinting lights the only beacon in a miasma of cold and aloness so complete you would think yourself the only being in the universe. However, I recall long hours spent at my masters side, listening to the songs of creation, and well I know the old back ways. Long sealed off, I have recovered a means to enter the cosmic leylines that only ancient civilizations and Angels and Gods tread once. It is not complete yet, but soon it will be. My apparatus will open up ways old and ancient, their secrets mine to known.

Long years have passed, and with my experiments I have gained access to these leylines.

I should not have.

To travel these paths one must have a katchin will, for reality does not apply within. Space and time, the forces of physics and nature, are warped and strange. Only the strongest wills may travel this way, but be warned: other things linger still. Ancient sculptures and projects of long dead gods and civilizations have made this not place home, and they do not like being disturbed.

I have warred for centuries within to gain ground, to gain secrets. The Dreadnaught of Mala, the remnants of the Honzu Civilization, the strange Night, and even the Cabal of Thorn and Stone have I fought there. Many times I was thrust out, many times near vanquished or decayed, but persistence is mine. Within I have gained the secret of Alteration, of bending others to my mind and will via old and Eldritch Magic’s. I have started work on the splinter First Race settled on Reshlan, using my Alteration sparingly. A new race will come from this, called Threshlings, and I shall be their god.

I have also discovered a strange red sphere, a dragonball of unknown type taken from the Cabal.It has no stars, but there is a will within that is...unsettling.

Others things I have seen within, of beauty and terror mortal minds cannot comprehend. I am also Altered from this, though how much only time will tell. For now, I have decided to seal off the cosmic leyline accesses. My Apparatus will be used only to access physical locations for now, least what resides within follow me one day.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Dash was already feeling restless. The others hadn't returned yet, and she could either see of sense that others were moving around, doing things, helping out or helping themselves. Yes, she was tired, but her adrenaline rush was still with her.

Turning to Held and Praxat, "Ah'm gonna stretch my legs, see how things are going in the city."

"Prax, you can stay here an rest if you need to. Ah shouldn't be gone long." As she spoke, she looked at the injuries on her friends arms and legs. "Or you can come, if you want."

"Held, as soon as it's time to go, just call me on my communicator. Though Ah'll probably be back before then.

With that, Dash began walking towards the Castle, wanting to take one last look at it.
    It wasn't long before she was standing outside the ruins of the Castle, looking at it and the surrounding area. After a few minutes, Dash carefully makes her way inside. Pausing for a moment, she bowed her head and gave a quick prayer for the souls of those Threslings lost in battle, as well as those she herself was responsible for.

In the past she wouldn't have been so religious, but over the years she has seen things that made her rethink her position.

Once that was done, she continued walking inside, avoiding the rubble, and heading towards the place within where they first saw Auroc.

OOC: Cleric, What does Dash see inside the Castle?
    Last edited by Tami; 09-29-2020 at 11:48 AM.

It wasn't long before she was standing outside the ruins of the Castle, looking at it and the surrounding area. After a few minutes, Dash carefully makes her way inside. Pausing for a moment, she bowed her head and gave a quick prayer for the souls of those Threslings lost in battle, as well as those she herself was responsible for.

In the past she wouldn't have been so religious, but over the years she has seen things that made her rethink her position.

Once that was done, she continued walking inside, avoiding the rubble, and heading towards the place within where they first saw Auroc.

OOC: Cleric, What does Dash see inside the Castle?
    A lot of Threshlings milling about, helping the wounded, looking for survivors, and helping move the dead to organized rows outside. Several of the Threshlings you recognize are standing guard over a group of Auroc’s faithful who had been willingly serving him.

The Queen is currently sitting and speaking to a young boy, holding him close, while holding a sleeping Neva’s hand beside her, Seri nearby.

Much of the capital city below seems if not destroyed, than at least partially cracked or broken, and you can see thousands of Threshlings exiting buildings, looking either stunned or confused as Knights and Priestesses loyal to Neva and the Queen move among them, helping as they can.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Held, you also see what Dash sees.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Way Between Worlds... when she started reading his words, Parsley would have sworn he was merely speaking about traveling through the pitch blackness of space. He was, but Auroc sought another, better way. He found it in the Cosmic Leylines. By means of an apparatus of his design, he gained access to these Leylines.

The best way for her to describe to herself in order to understand was likening these Leylines to dark alleyways nestled between buildings, offshoots of established roads that got a person to their destination quicker, at a price. These shortcuts were rife with dangers both known and unseen.

It was an imperfect comparison. These Leylines sounded so much more dangerous, and exciting. The talk that only those with a strong will could travel through them elicited an eye roll. Auroc had proven himself of weak will and weaker constitution. If he could travel through them just barely, the likes of herself and the other M Fighters should have little trouble. Still, her will would be reinforced as best as she could manage before she even attempted to traverse.

"Night..." That name again. Auroc fought him, possibly on his world. She was reminded of the bargain she made and what she needed to do in order to free herself from it. She stood to lose a lot, but had plenty of time. The other names were catalogued in her memory: the Honzu civilization, the Cabal of Stone and Thorn, and the Dreadnaught of Mala. "I'll see about visiting each of these to see what I can discover." Perhaps going alone was out of the question. She was stronger than Auroc, but she dared not overestimate herself. Still, if he survived, so could she.

The red ball came from the Cabal. Returning it to them was a priority. Plus having a means of reaching Night herself was a great help.

She flipped to Section 7 to read about his apparatus. If it still existed, it would also be hers.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

After looking around inside the remains of the castle, Dash went back outside.

A lot of Threshlings milling about, helping the wounded, looking for survivors, and helping move the dead to organized rows outside. Several of the Threshlings you recognize are standing guard over a group of Auroc’s faithful who had been willingly serving him.

The Queen is currently sitting and speaking to a young boy, holding him close, while holding a sleeping Neva’s hand beside her, Seri nearby.

Much of the capital city below seems if not destroyed, than at least partially cracked or broken, and you can see thousands of Threshlings exiting buildings, looking either stunned or confused as Knights and Priestesses loyal to Neva and the Queen move among them, helping as they can.
    Outside she saw the Threshlings struggling to deal with their loses and come to terms with what had happened. Noticing the Queen, she decided to pay her respects.

Not sure what to say, she did her best, "Um, you are the Queen, right? We didn't get introduced. Ah'm Dash, from Earth." She saw Neva sleeping nearby, "Is Neva gonna be okay? Um, is there anything else ah can do to help?" her voice showing her concern and uncertainty.

OT: Cleric, is there any lingering orange energy to be found in either Rex, or Inanna's wounds?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    OT: Cleric, is there any lingering orange energy to be found in either Rex, or Inanna's wounds?
    Yes there is.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

After looking around inside the remains of the castle, Dash went back outside.

Outside she saw the Threshlings struggling to deal with their loses and come to terms with what had happened. Noticing the Queen, she decided to pay her respects.

Not sure what to say, she did her best, "Um, you are the Queen, right? We didn't get introduced. Ah'm Dash, from Earth." She saw Neva sleeping nearby, "Is Neva gonna be okay? Um, is there anything else ah can do to help?" her voice showing her concern and uncertainty.
    “Yes, I am the Queen, and yes, little Neva will be alright. She is exhausted.”

She nods to Dash.

“If you can, would you perhaps go into the throne room and search around the back of the throne. I believe Auroc left something there that belongs to me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM