Page 291 of 371 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    OT: I'd note Inanna has a tech specifically to block this, she'd have picked up on the attempt.
    Only those close by, she’s far enough away ‘Totoma’ couldn’t anyways.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC:

Totoma's possessed by that vampire chick that Ishtar & Asha'rah fought/murked in Arc 1, lol.
    It was a toss-up between three people.

Kevi won.

At least Totoma’s body.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She cannot.

Mostly because the creature has been siphoning power from everyone present in very subtle and minute ways, but enough that it’s claws had gotten into their energy reserves and now they cannot power up unless it lets them.

It is not letting Parsley. It does sense her attempt though.

Totoma smiles at her.

“I wonder......”

He concentrates, and a Void Lens appears.

“Hey! I think if I try hard enough, I can use this to get home. Hmm.....but I need line of sight. Ahh, I bet I can use the Lookout as a focus.”

He mutters and starts concentrating on the Void Lens.

Praxat nearby is also unable to transform or power up either.
    She couldn't transform... She couldn't transform!

The creature had been siphoning their power all this time. Parsley couldn't use Super Saiyan unless this creature allowed her to. She could also see that it had such control over them that they couldn't power up unless she allowed it. No, goddamn it!

'The creature has been draining our energy. We can't power up unless she allows it,' she said telepathically to Inanna.

Her eyes cut from the creature to the void lens that just opened up near them. No... If that creature managed to get through that void and to Earth, it could drain the humans of their energy. For what? She didn't know, but she did know it needed to be stopped. But there was nothing she could do. Her body was acting as if nothing was amiss, and her power had been stolen from her.

Damn it. If I can get to my sword, I can deal with this right here and now, but I can't.

"Excellent. An instant ride home, very nice."

'She opened a Void Lens to Earth.'

Parsley exerted as much control over her body as she had left. Can she walk toward the shadow?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley's body relaxed. It decided that all was well and to let the matter go. Her mind, on the other hand, knew exacy what was going on.

That was all she needed.

'Inanna, Totoma's body has been taken over by a shadow creature. Tell the others. Be ready.'

To be clear, she had to explain the situation to the others. She didn't want to, as explaining why she has to kill one of their friends wasn't going to go well, especially with the tension so high.

'I had to kill Totoma to send him to Otherworld. Wolf God allowed him and Sarada to kill him so he could kill Sihn when he arrived in Otherworld. Totoma let me kill him to give me a power to lock onto so I could get there and stop him. Someone has taken over his body, a shadow creature with a hypnotic gaze. She has to be stopped before we get back to Earth.'
    Everything all at once.

'Kay.'

"I'm sorry," she said, her gaze rising so she could look her in the eye. "I should have known you wouldn't keep **** from me if it wasn't important."
    Inanna turned, before saying tersely. "Genuinely not attempting to change the subject... but it seems Totoma is not himself, and is attempting to escape."

'She opened a Void Lens to Earth.'

Parsley exerted as much control over her body as she had left. Can she walk toward the shadow?
    'Kay.'

A burst of Ruination strikes 'Totoma' in the leg.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Everything all at once.

'Kay.'

'Kay.'

A burst of Ruination strikes 'Totoma' in the leg.
    Parsley mentally let out a sigh. Inanna must have been out of the creature's range, which meant the others were as well. If they could distract her, perhaps its control over her body would lapse and she could launch a more direct assault that didn't involve further destroying Totoma's body.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Inanna turned, before saying tersely. "Genuinely not attempting to change the subject... but it seems Totoma is not himself, and is attempting to escape."
    "What?"

Sarada blinked as she try to register what she had been just told. She had just spoken with Totoma. She noticed something was off about him, but she just assumed that he was still recovering from nearly being killed. She noticed he never responded when she spoke to him about her plan to recover before they set off for the homeworld, but...

Godddamn it!

"****, now what?!" She powered up and floated upward. "Is he possessed or something? Under some kind of spell by one of those Ulthan assholes?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"What?"

Sarada blinked as she try to register what she had been just told. She had just spoken with Totoma. She noticed something was off about him, but she just assumed that he was still recovering from nearly being killed. She noticed he never responded when she spoke to him about her plan to recover before they set off for the homeworld, but...

Godddamn it!

"****, now what?!" She powered up and floated upward. "Is he possessed or something? Under some kind of spell by one of those Ulthan assholes?"
    Inanna shook her head. "From what I understand, something has possessed his corpse; and is hypnotizing those close enough to try and stop it." There was a pause.

"Where's your sister's sword?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Totoma’s leg would have been destroyed utterly.

If it hadn’t been listening to Parsley’s thoughts and knew something was coming.

The afterimage is ripped apart even as Parsley, unable to move, watches as Totoma appears in front of her.

Smirking he leans down and lays a gentle kiss on her cheek.

“What interesting friends you have. And your magic tastes....delicious. Unfortunately, I prefer them...younger.”

He leans back and storm clouds gather overhead. He glances at the hypnotized Praxat and jerks his head, sending her flying into Dash.

Shadows subsume Totoma and he vanishes.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Inanna sighs.

"Oh well."

Arx Inosaan

Inanna sighs.

"Oh well."
    Not off planet, mind.

Just from in front of Parsley.

Who is no longer hypnotized.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Bad keeps turning into worse it looks like," Sasheem stated, chowing down on a muffin. In honor of Totoma, who was not quite him. Or, perhaps just a happy coincidence. Either way, Sasheem appeared in no hurry to save him. In fact, he took a few more bites and asked, "Hey, can we kill him? ...Again?"

Inanna shook her head. "From what I understand, something has possessed his corpse; and is hypnotizing those close enough to try and stop it." There was a pause.

"Where's your sister's sword?"
    Corpse? Sword? What the **** was going on?

Sarada still felt, even after all that ****, that she was being kept in the dark. By her own sister, no less. "What sword? I don't know... she just has an ax, I thought."

She growled and rocketed through the air as fast as she could to where she sensed Parsley. We really need to have a 'clear the air' session. Again. Damn them!

Totoma’s leg would have been destroyed utterly.

If it hadn’t been listening to Parsley’s thoughts and knew something was coming.

The afterimage is ripped apart even as Parsley, unable to move, watches as Totoma appears in front of her.

Smirking he leans down and lays a gentle kiss on her cheek.

“What interesting friends you have. And your magic tastes....delicious. Unfortunately, I prefer them...younger.”

He leans back and storm clouds gather overhead. He glances at the hypnotized Praxat and jerks his head, sending her flying into Dash.

Parsley was helpless as "Totoma" pressed his gross lips on her cheek. There was nothing she could do to stop him from escaping. How? How did it know Inanna's attack was coming. It shouldn't have been possible... unless...

He knew it the same way he knew that the real Totoma met up with Rutaba in Otherworld. The creature read her thoughts. It was gone. She could track it easily enough, but dealing with it was going to be an issue for her. The others, on the other hand, had plenty of ways of containing it. From that point, it was a simple matter of wielding her new sword to destroy this creature for daring to embrace her in such an ugly and disgusting way.

With it gone, however, its control over her should have dissipated. She tried to move her body. Her arm lifted from her own volition. She sighed and opened up a capsule and pulled out her new sword. Its teal blade glimmered in the moon light. "Damn that creature," she hissed.

She floated upward and scanned the planet for Totoma's energy.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Bad keeps turning into worse it looks like," Sasheem stated, chowing down on a muffin. In honor of Totoma, who was not quite him. Or, perhaps just a happy coincidence. Either way, Sasheem appeared in no hurry to save him. In fact, he took a few more bites and asked, "Hey, can we kill him? ...Again?"
    Sasheem’s shadow writhes and suddenly tendrils rip into the majin and starts...drinking his magic!?

A low voice in his head murmurs in Totoma’s voice.

“Quite the stock of magic you have old fellow, though not exactly my cup of tea. Still, quite a feast.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: ....man, Kevi should've just kept on the down-low until she could escape to Earth and start up that orphanage/all-you-can-eat buffet she always wanted.

Instead, she picked a fight with a group that includes Ochazuke. lol
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Corpse? Sword? What the **** was going on?

Sarada still felt, even after all that ****, that she was being kept in the dark. By her own sister, no less. "What sword? I don't know... she just has an ax, I thought."

She growled and rocketed through the air as fast as she could to where she sensed Parsley. We really need to have a 'clear the air' session. Again. Damn them!
    "Literally just got it, the sword." Inanna replied with a sigh; but of course, Sarada had already rocketed off.

Of course, then she saw something that gave her pause.

Not off planet, mind.

Just from in front of Parsley.

Who is no longer hypnotized.
    Sasheem’s shadow writhes and suddenly tendrils rip into the majin and starts...drinking his magic!?

A low voice in his head murmurs in Totoma’s voice.

“Quite the stock of magic you have old fellow, though not exactly my cup of tea. Still, quite a feast.”
    Inanna squinted. "Maybe it is still Totoma... about as dumb, this one."

Arx Inosaan