Page 221 of 229 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3427
  1. #3301
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "It's on my list of things to do." Inanna commented. "More importantly, you mentioned something about a God of Creation that wasn't a dimwit?"
    "Yes, Caliban. He's a prick, but a useful one. Very adept at magic. Uses magic to shut down ki with ease," she explained. "He seemed very interested in meeting you, your mother, and Asha'rah. The last one most likely so he can laugh at her idiocy."

    She reached into her pocket again and fished out the button she showed her earlier. "Here. Use that to call him when you're ready."

    Inanna offered Parsley a blank stare. "I have no idea what a Praxat is."
    Parsley looked at her, expecting a catty smirk. When she found nothing but confusion, she shrugged. "I envy you. You're better of not knowing. Frog isn't worth the time."

  2. #3302
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Yes, Caliban. He's a prick, but a useful one. Very adept at magic. Uses magic to shut down ki with ease," she explained. "He seemed very interested in meeting you, your mother, and Asha'rah. The last one most likely so he can laugh at her idiocy."

    She reached into her pocket again and fished out the button she showed her earlier. "Here. Use that to call him when you're ready."
    Inanna palmed the button.

    "Gonna press the shit outta this thing soon as I have a free second." Depending on how it went, she might well slap the shit outta Caliban as well. Time would tell of course. "Still have a few things to follow up on, translate your book; also when you have time and I'm not liable to kill an eavesdropper we seriously need to have a chat with Faetrina. Some things have been set into motion that I feel require addressing and to be painfully frank. I don't trust anyone to discuss it; but the two of you are now involved with it."

    Parsley looked at her, expecting a catty smirk. When she found nothing but confusion, she shrugged. "I envy you. You're better of not knowing. Frog isn't worth the time."
    "Frog?" It took a few seconds, but Inanna's face scrunched up and she sneezed. "Ah... ah... bulshitto." Wiping her nose, the woman grunted. "Forgive me. I'd almost forgotten about the Frog and the Talking Sword."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  3. #3303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You must understand firstly, that time is only stalled on this side of the portal.....the other side has likely since closed." The Blue foci addressed ochazuke. "Even if we could access this portal as it is now, the result would be similar to trying to roll a ball through a pipe that starts circular and ends in a dodecahedron.....and you don't have choice to go backwards."

    "So no, we can't use it anymore as it is....but we can figure out how it was made and to where, then your just spell from doing it yourself" The White Foci added.
    "Hmm. Because your locus of control is limited to this range, the result of what you can affect would be predictable," Ochazuke considered aloud. "I see."

    A little tear in space. The truth behind so much duplicity lay just beyond there. So much for this.

    Fortunately, he'd still discovered a couple of leads, but the window was rapidly closing to act upon them.

    "If you are able to somehow sort a way onto that path, so much the better to return to," he continued. "...at a later point."

    Unfolding Nail's Artifact into his palm, he gripped the black sphere, pouring his focus into it as a wayfinder tracing a path to Cortis II.

    "We'll need to move out shortly."

  4. #3304
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Hmm. Because your locus of control is limited to this range, the result of what you can affect would be predictable," Ochazuke considered aloud. "I see."

    A little tear in space. The truth behind so much duplicity lay just beyond there. So much for this.

    Fortunately, he'd still discovered a couple of leads, but the window was rapidly closing to act upon them.

    "If you are able to somehow sort a way onto that path, so much the better to return to," he continued. "...at a later point."

    Unfolding Nail's Artifact into his palm, he gripped the black sphere, pouring his focus into it as a wayfinder tracing a path to Cortis II.

    "We'll need to move out shortly."
    After a moment, he feels it activate and indeed point the way.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #3305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "A portal? Well...." Etrina chuckled inwardly, this being the second time today she had to deal with a portal to some dangerous unknown location. "Wait just a moment, Assistance is on the way."

    True to word, it was not a few moments before something blue and shimmering whirled its way up past Ochazuke, did a swift circle around the barely maintained gap in space and promptly sealed it within a sphere of locked time so it couldn't close any further.

    "The Spatial anomaly has been contained." The Blue Foci proclaimed, adjusting her doll sized glasses with the light of the singularity glinting off the corner of the frame.

    Next a white light flew up past him and did another circle around the frozen portal.

    "Ohohoho...." The White foci laugh, back of its tiny hand over her mouth. "Commencing extraction of portal energy sample....now hold still and be a good little boy." The foci began drawing energy from the portal through the time lock, just enough to gain information on where it connected to.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You must understand firstly, that time is only stalled on this side of the portal.....the other side has likely since closed." The Blue foci addressed ochazuke. "Even if we could access this portal as it is now, the result would be similar to trying to roll a ball through a pipe that starts circular and ends in a dodecahedron.....and you don't have choice to go backwards."

    "So no, we can't use it anymore as it is....but we can figure out how it was made and to where, then your just spell from doing it yourself" The White Foci added.
    OOC: requesting a spot check on Etrina's magical theory

  6. #3306
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna palmed the button.

    "Gonna press the shit outta this thing soon as I have a free second." Depending on how it went, she might well slap the shit outta Caliban as well. Time would tell of course. "Still have a few things to follow up on, translate your book; also when you have time and I'm not liable to kill an eavesdropper we seriously need to have a chat with Faetrina. Some things have been set into motion that I feel require addressing and to be painfully frank. I don't trust anyone to discuss it; but the two of you are now involved with it."
    Parsley felt herself frown. Seemingly, through no real intentional action of her own, she and Etrina stepped knee-deep in the cosmic cavalcade of headaches that Inanna and Ishtar before her had been shouldering on their own. It seems that all paths lead outward, to the stars. She was more than used to traveling through space, but never for any expressed purpose other than relaxing, or conquering.

    These "things" Inanna spoke of were of great importance. They had to be if she didn't trust anyone else with the information she was currently holding. The only reason she was even bothering to inform Parsley and Etrina was because they had stumbled their way into it. If that hadn't been the case, they would have been as blind as the others.

    Inanna was pragmatic in her approach to divulging information. Those that were of no use to her were kept in the dark. That meant Sarada was going to be ignorant of all this until there was someone who needed to be punched in the face.

    Or, perhaps she wouldn't be. She didn't know what they talked about when they were alone. And in several, she didn't want to know.

    The point remained the same regardless. She was going to be in possession of critical information, and she had a feeling she knew about what. The answer was found in Auroc's journal. Inanna had asked her help when she realized that the names matched with certain parties she met earlier.

    The Ulthan.

    Mysterious parties with mysterious goals. It had the potential to be very dangerous. She would have preferred telling everyone right away and keeping them updated as more information was made available, but it wasn't up to her.

    "I see. When you're ready, I'll be listening." She kept the group's name out of her mouth. Dash's sudden appearance made her paranoid. Apparently even going off a ways to speak in private wasn't good enough for some. It only forced them to go to more extreme lengths for information.

    "Is there anything else?"

  7. #3307
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Dash flew back towards the Castle, she sensed some familiar ki signatures nearby. Pausing, she looked up and in the distance saw what seemed like Etrina with Ochazuke. She moved in a little closer, out of curiosity, but didn't get too close.
    In a few minutes, Dash was continuing to make her way back to the Castle. Whatever was going on, maybe she'll find out later.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #3308
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: requesting a spot check on Etrina's magical theory
    Yes, she can do so. The portal is connected to Khoolis.

    It was made via a unique manipulation of Koorimaru’s ki, same as his old void trick when he would be able to portal his attacks.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #3309
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I see. When you're ready, I'll be listening." She kept the group's name out of her mouth. Dash's sudden appearance made her paranoid. Apparently even going off a ways to speak in private wasn't good enough for some. It only forced them to go to more extreme lengths for information.

    "Is there anything else?"
    "For the moment, no." Inanna said simply.

    "Most of what I would discuss, can wait until I have the both of you present. Too busy to be having to constantly repeat myself; and to be perfectly honest the less it's said out loud the better."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  10. #3310
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "For the moment, no." Inanna said simply.

    "Most of what I would discuss, can wait until I have the both of you present. Too busy to be having to constantly repeat myself; and to be perfectly honest the less it's said out loud the better."
    That was understandable. "Understood. If that's all, I'm going to head back to the Castle. I need to tell Queen Nevin about Sir Kakarot." With that, she lifted into the air and started for the castle.

  11. #3311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The voice seemed almost exasperated at first as she spoke, "Alright," then she shifted to a more calmer tenor, "tell you what, when you return to Earth call me back. The number should be stored in your device. When you do, then we will talk about this again. Be thankful you have such good friends who are looking out for you."

    With that, the call ended.


    Praxat puts her phone back in her pocket. ( Hmm, I don't see Dash anywhere,) Praxat thought. With that, Praxat goes off to look for Dash, but not before talking to Zaofan. " Zaofan, I must compliment you on your cooking," Praxat said.

    " It's excellent as usual. By the way, I gave the Queen blueprints for a construction/cleaning droid. She was very impressed with my blueprints," Praxat said.

    " Also, I was contacted by a strange woman, and I have a hunch who the woman was who contact me. Back on the Lookout. I told Dash I was interested in incorporating ninjustu into my Zawk and Vion Aoem styles," Praxat said.

    "I ask Dash where she learned Ninjustu from. She told me she knew one of the best ninjustu masters in the universe. That this master teachings weren't easily obtained," Praxat said.

    " Dash asked me why I want to learn Ninjustu. I told her that it could complement my Zawk and Vion Aoem styles. To further develop them," Praxat said.

    " I ask her if she could set up a meeting for me to meet this Ninjustu master she spoke of. She told me at first that she could make any promises and that her master was kind of busy. Then after discussing my styles with her. I asked Dash if her Ninjustu master could help me developed an incomplete tech I had been working on," Praxat said.


    " I ask her if she could set up a meeting for me to meet this Ninjustu master she spoke of. She told me at first that she could make any promises and that her master was kind of busy. Then after discussing my styles with her. I asked Dash if her Ninjustu master could help me developed an incomplete tech I had been working on," Praxat said.

    " Dash told me more about her teacher, and it's stuff I can't tell you. Anyways getting to the point. I have a hunch that the woman who contacted me was Dash's Ninjustu master," Praxat said.

    " I can also figure that Dash's teacher must have contacted my phone by some alternative means that didn't require a signal. Since I'm positive that the person who contacted me was Dash's teacher, I will be contacting her once I'm back on Earth.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-18-2020 at 07:58 AM.

  12. #3312
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,494

    Default

    Parsley landed near where she stood before departing with Inanna. She waited until Queen Nevin was free, then approached her. "Your Highness, I would like to have a word about Sir Kakarot."

  13. #3313
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley landed near where she stood before departing with Inanna. She waited until Queen Nevin was free, then approached her. "Your Highness, I would like to have a word about Sir Kakarot."
    Nevin pauses, then turns and looks at her.

    “Please, go ahead.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #3314
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That was understandable. "Understood. If that's all, I'm going to head back to the Castle. I need to tell Queen Nevin about Sir Kakarot." With that, she lifted into the air and started for the castle.
    After Parsley departs, Inanna focuses on translating Auroc's journal. Parsley had said there were calculations in need of deciphering, but it was also likely the girl just couldn't read the languages within.

    OT: For Cleric
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  15. #3315
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    After Parsley departs, Inanna focuses on translating Auroc's journal. Parsley had said there were calculations in need of deciphering, but it was also likely the girl just couldn't read the languages within.

    OT: For Cleric
    What languages does Inanna know again? A fair fee I would imagine, right?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •