Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 1487
  1. #811
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Erosa," speaking softly as she hid next to Pinach, "If'n you can you should try an get to the people inside. If the building collapses on top of them, stoppin the soldiers won't matter much." Dash then spoke to the young Saiyan, "You an ah split up try to draw their attention away, take them out if'n we can, just buy Erosa time to rescue those inside."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Erosa think drawing attention means making a scene, and making a scene means more invaders ero....invaders will notice powerful enemy and come. This good and bad." Erosa paused, sizing up the closest building and its attackers. "Erosa can make quick work of weaklings without being seen. We need safe place to bring survivers and safe path to bring them on. Little Pinach, you know any safe place nearby? Quick Dash....you can keep a safe path for people to get away, keep invaders from knowing? If so....Erosa will hit invaders around buildings and get them out."
    Pinach paused to think for a moment and scan the city in front of them. They were in the downtown region, so there should have been a... yes, right there! There was a tavern/buffet at the far end of the street. In the basement of that tavern was a fight club with triply reinforced walls that he and Rutaba sometimes fought in. The walls were more than strong enough to withstand the worst these weaklings could do.

    "At the end of the street, there's a building with a triply reinforced basement," he told them. "We can get the civilians there so they can be safe."

  2. #812
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Pinach paused to think for a moment and scan the city in front of them. They were in the downtown region, so there should have been a... yes, right there! There was a tavern/buffet at the far end of the street. In the basement of that tavern was a fight club with triply reinforced walls that he and Rutaba sometimes fought in. The walls were more than strong enough to withstand the worst these weaklings could do.

    "At the end of the street, there's a building with a triply reinforced basement," he told them. "We can get the civilians there so they can be safe."
    To both of them, "If you can get the civilians out of the building, lead them to safety, Ah can clear a path for you." Dash smiled as she glanced down at and held up her gift from Praxat, "Ah've been meanin to try this out. If'n it works like Praxat says, they won't see me comin."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  3. #813
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The sandy ground beneath the rose and coalesced into the visage of a person. The creature spoke to them in a language they could understand, which had been one of Sarada's main concerns. The last time she was on this world -- well, one like it -- she couldn't understand a damn thing these things were saying. At least there wouldn't be a language barrier this time.

    When asked what they were doing there, she cut to the chase. "I'm here to fight." She got into an offensive stance. "Square up, thot!"
    Gaineamh seemed to shrink, as it considered the fleshy thing's words; before what could be assumed to be a 'shrug' rippled across its ever-shifting form.

    "It was made clear that we were allowed to treat you both like the..." It trailed off and thought on it for awhile before saying. "Heaven... spawn?Inanna." That said, it proceeded to 'square up' as it was asked. "So a fight you will have."

    It moved first, exploding into a shower of fine particulate matter, that didn't coalesce until the moment of impact; and it struck the Saiyan Monarch square in the guy, about as hard as Inanna herself.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  4. #814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Durive set up a stand, marked with a sign labeled, 'Free Training'. A tarp lay over the stand and upon it was the flintlock, lying squarely in the middle as Durive hovered above it in a sage-like, meditative state.
    Praxat notices the stand and then just walks past it. ( Free training huh, well unless that thing is offering training in swordsmanship, then I'm not interested,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-01-2020 at 09:24 AM.

  5. #815
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Gaineamh seemed to shrink, as it considered the fleshy thing's words; before what could be assumed to be a 'shrug' rippled across its ever-shifting form.

    "It was made clear that we were allowed to treat you both like the..." It trailed off and thought on it for awhile before saying. "Heaven... spawn?Inanna." That said, it proceeded to 'square up' as it was asked. "So a fight you will have."

    It moved first, exploding into a shower of fine particulate matter, that didn't coalesce until the moment of impact; and it struck the Saiyan Monarch square in the guy, about as hard as Inanna herself.
    At first, Sarada was confused. It seemed to be attacking her with a flimsy sandstorm. "Psh! A sandstorm? You'd better come harder than tha--" It wasn't until a rock hard fist slammed into her gut at full speed, with her guard down, that she finally realized what was going on.

    The wind was knocked out of her lungs as she flew back, past Parsley, and skidded against the ground.

    "Imbecile," Parsley sighed. This was the first time she had encountered these creatures, so she was unfamiliar with their makeup outside of what she had been told. If she understood correctly, they each had a dimense that they had complete control over on their old world. It was something of a patchwork planet of sorts, with clear boundaries separating each section.

    Since this creature could transform into sand itself, that gave her quite a few avenues with which to deal with it. Before she decided, she opted to figure out just what she was dealing with.

    Observational Focus

  6. #816
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "If I die, it'll be on purpose," Inanna whispered before releasing her Uncle. "And don't go trying to stop me once I start hunting. At the least, it'll give you some time to finish off that Scotch." With that, Sihn was gone... and then there they were. The Goddess of Death, an Angel, and a God Killer.

    "So... Lampton. Let's get down to brass tacks. I've already gone and secured your survival. Now teach me how to do what Auroc is so desperate to have~"
    Lampton taps his chin.

    ďLampton will help, but certain things need to be acquired. The ritual to artificially induce a godly being for a temporary time is known, but I am unsure it will be effective due to your Hakai, nor your already altered Oni state. To set you upon the path of your racesí godly pinnacle without the ritual will take time and training. You are not at an appropriate level of power currently to induce such a transformation naturally. One cannot expect a Super Saiyan to jump immediately to the third form without training into the second, as an example.Ē

    He looks at her closely.

    ďThe ritual would require six Oni of a pure heart and great power, to begin with, aside from yourself.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #817
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat notices the stand and then just walks past it. ( Free training huh, well unless that thing is offering training in swordsmanship, then I'm not interested,) Praxat thought.
    The flintlock shook, the flintlock shifted, and covered itself in a bright light. Dark clouds and gale force winds covered that area of the lookout alone as it took it only mere seconds for the light to wash over and reveal the swords true form.



    The Masamune.


    "IT SEEMS YOU WERE RIGHT, OLD FRIEND..." The sword spoke, it's voice booming and ancient. "IT SEEMS NONE LEFT HERE POSSESSES THE SOUL OF SWORD, THE HEART OF STEEL, NOR THE STRENGTH OF MINE TO RECEIVE MY BLESSING AND TUTELAGE!"

    Durive, surprisingly respectful for once, bowed his head regretfully, tears streaming from his tiny eyes as a vortex opened up above in the sky, The Masamune slowly ascending into it, where it led, was anyone's guess.

    "TAKE HEED HOWEVER, MY FRIEND. THE BLESSING OF THE SWORD WILL BE PASSED DOWN. AND THE LINEAGE OF THE ULTIMATE BUSHIDO WILL BE RESTORED! IF NOT THIS DAY, THAN ANOTHER..."

  8. #818
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    To both of them, "If you can get the civilians out of the building, lead them to safety, Ah can clear a path for you." Dash smiled as she glanced down at and held up her gift from Praxat, "Ah've been meanin to try this out. If'n it works like Praxat says, they won't see me comin."
    "Okay, let's do it." Pinach moved to the edge of the debris, then quickly dashed to another piece once the coast was clear. He then signaled Dash and Erosa that he was ready.

    Meanwhile, the soldiers were increasing their efforts to cave in the building below. Saiyan architecture was specifically design to withstand heavy punishment just in case a fight broke out in the middle of a populated city -- and they did, usually between citizens -- but they weren't made to withstand constant damage. They could see large and heavy cracks forming. It wouldn't be long before the building collapsed, potentially killing the civilians inside.

  9. #819
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Okay, let's do it." Pinach moved to the edge of the debris, then quickly dashed to another piece once the coast was clear. He then signaled Dash and Erosa that he was ready.

    Meanwhile, the soldiers were increasing their efforts to cave in the building below. Saiyan architecture was specifically design to withstand heavy punishment just in case a fight broke out in the middle of a populated city -- and they did, usually between citizens -- but they weren't made to withstand constant damage. They could see large and heavy cracks forming. It wouldn't be long before the building collapsed, potentially killing the civilians inside.
    Dash activated the invisibility watch. It felt strange, like something washing over her. As she held up her arm, she coudl see that she could see right through it. "Dang-it, this thing really works." She whispered to herself. She knew the effects only lasted so long, so she shifted over to the edge of the debris, picked out her first target, then moved in fast. Really fast.

    The soldier would find himself lifted off the ground by a whirlwind, then thrown hard into the ground many, many meters away. The whirlwind continued, picking off enemy soldiers, sending them flying and crashing hard into the ground far away.

    As this happened, the path through them to the safe house was opening up.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #820
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Lampton taps his chin.

    ďLampton will help, but certain things need to be acquired. The ritual to artificially induce a godly being for a temporary time is known, but I am unsure it will be effective due to your Hakai, nor your already altered Oni state. To set you upon the path of your racesí godly pinnacle without the ritual will take time and training. You are not at an appropriate level of power currently to induce such a transformation naturally. One cannot expect a Super Saiyan to jump immediately to the third form without training into the second, as an example.Ē

    He looks at her closely.

    ďThe ritual would require six Oni of a pure heart and great power, to begin with, aside from yourself.Ē
    "I'm stronger than the Super Saiyans I know." Inanna said casually, before sighing. "Sounds like I've wasted my time, and made the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals."

    After all... of all the Oni that had resurfaced this side of Otherworld. Three were dead beyond salvaging, and the last remaining- Nunlil- wasn't pure of heart. Hell, neither was Inanna.

    "Not seeing the Oni requirement being met anytime soon. Hell, I'm technically not even an Oni, anymore." A mix of Demon, Arcosian, and Namekian had seen to that... all thanks to her innate Oni curiosity. With another sigh, the Oni had one final question to ask before leaving and while it was a longshot... it'd worked once before.

    "Would a catalyst circumvent the requirement. More specifically, concentrated Creation."
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  11. #821
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash activated the invisibility watch. It felt strange, like something washing over her. As she held up her arm, she coudl see that she could see right through it. "Dang-it, this thing really works." She whispered to herself. She knew the effects only lasted so long, so she shifted over to the edge of the debris, picked out her first target, then moved in fast. Really fast.

    The soldier would find himself lifted off the ground by a whirlwind, then thrown hard into the ground many, many meters away. The whirlwind continued, picking off enemy soldiers, sending them flying and crashing hard into the ground far away.

    As this happened, the path through them to the safe house was opening up.
    "Hey, what's going on!"

    "HELP!"

    "AAAAAAAAAH!!"

    The helpless soldiers were tossed about like toys pitched away by a bored child. They slammed into the ground hard enough to crack ribs and break bones. Soft groans showed that they were still alive, but they were in no position to do anything.

    Pinach sprinted into the building. "Everyone! Please, head down the street and hide in the fight club under McDonald's! Hurry, I'll protect you!"

    The crowd of nine people weren't Saiyans. In fact, only one of them had any Saiyan blood in them at all. Most were aliens of some sort, but one was a human. The story of how humans came to be on a Saiyan world light years from Earth and why they decided to stay was interesting, but also completely irrelevant. "Thanks, Your Highness," that human said.

    He did exactly as he promised, leading them from piece of debris to piece of debris to keep them from being spotted by the soldiers, who were being harassed by Dash and Erosa. It wasn't until the coast was truly clear that he let them continue the rest of the way by themselves and ducked inside the next building to save the four people in there.

    "What the hell is going on?!" shouted several of the soldiers as they closed in on the source of the sudden tornado.

  12. #822
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At first, Sarada was confused. It seemed to be attacking her with a flimsy sandstorm. "Psh! A sandstorm? You'd better come harder than tha--" It wasn't until a rock hard fist slammed into her gut at full speed, with her guard down, that she finally realized what was going on.

    The wind was knocked out of her lungs as she flew back, past Parsley, and skidded against the ground.

    "Imbecile," Parsley sighed. This was the first time she had encountered these creatures, so she was unfamiliar with their makeup outside of what she had been told. If she understood correctly, they each had a dimense that they had complete control over on their old world. It was something of a patchwork planet of sorts, with clear boundaries separating each section.

    Since this creature could transform into sand itself, that gave her quite a few avenues with which to deal with it. Before she decided, she opted to figure out just what she was dealing with.

    Observational Focus
    Parsley's Observational Focus informs her that each individual grain of sand is infused with the entity's 'Ki'... which certainly explained how seemingly normal sand could do all this seemed capable of.

    Of course, her standing still and staring at the thing hardly went unnoticed; and a short time later a 'beam' of sand struck her broadside.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  13. #823
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The flintlock shook, the flintlock shifted, and covered itself in a bright light. Dark clouds and gale force winds covered that area of the lookout alone as it took it only mere seconds for the light to wash over and reveal the swords true form.



    The Masamune.


    "IT SEEMS YOU WERE RIGHT, OLD FRIEND..." The sword spoke, it's voice booming and ancient. "IT SEEMS NONE LEFT HERE POSSESSES THE SOUL OF SWORD, THE HEART OF STEEL, NOR THE STRENGTH OF MINE TO RECEIVE MY BLESSING AND TUTELAGE!"

    Durive, surprisingly respectful for once, bowed his head regretfully, tears streaming from his tiny eyes as a vortex opened up above in the sky, The Masamune slowly ascending into it, where it led, was anyone's guess.

    "TAKE HEED HOWEVER, MY FRIEND. THE BLESSING OF THE SWORD WILL BE PASSED DOWN. AND THE LINEAGE OF THE ULTIMATE BUSHIDO WILL BE RESTORED! IF NOT THIS DAY, THAN ANOTHER..."
    Seemingly out of noweher, and with little more than a comical 'pop'. Inanna appeared in front of Durive, and uttered a single word.

    "Shiny!"

    With a leap, the golden-eyed woman launched herself then, at Masamune. She had a closet full of swords, and damn it, she'd have one more.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  14. #824
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Seemingly out of noweher, and with little more than a comical 'pop'. Inanna appeared in front of Durive, and uttered a single word.

    "Shiny!"

    With a leap, the golden-eyed woman launched herself then, at Masamune. She had a closet full of swords, and damn it, she'd have one more.
    Durive threw a brick at her. Or more accurately in accurately tempting to launch one, he mistyped and accidentally threw himself at the Oni.

  15. #825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The attack was of such power that Blanco and Skullos were blown back and landed in the water beneath them. The crystal clear water was stained with black and blue blood from the gravely injured invaders. Ohknee was also blown back, one of his wings vaporized. He could still fly under his own power, though. It seemed the wings were mostly just for show. He gritted his teeth and barely managed to get one of his swords up to block the rake that was bearing down on him. "Curse you!" he snarled as he raised his other sword above his head to hack into him.
    Shit, that's right... he had two swords!

    Withdrawing his rake, he spun it so that the head would come from below to meet the second strike. However, this time he activated one of the special abilities of the rake..

    When I raise it, fire and light stream forth

    ...and the moment the rake met the strike and stopped moving, the ability activated, engulfing his foe in a twisting maelstrom of magic... ki?... magicki fire!



    The rake was a pretty cumbersome weapon, all-in-all, and he hadn't mastered it by any stretch of the imagination, but one could pull off some pretty deadly trick (like this) with its fire and ice abilities.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •