Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1487
  1. #856
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    And watch it she did.

    Just below the approaching wave of fighters, a beam of ki cut upwards through the air...slicing through several of the attackers. On the ground, Erosa was now visible, and with gusto she spun around and slapped her behind in a mocking fashion. "Gao! C'mon C'mon....Dum Dums wanna fight then step up." She spun back around, took in a deep breath and firing another high powered ki beam from her mouth...specifically aiming for anyone stupid enough to ignore her. At this point it was better to have all their attention on her so the others could get away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With a well placed punch, Dash knocked the soldier out cold. She then took to the air, but stayed low to the ground, flying fast to the safe house Pinach had taken the civilians.

    Landing nearby, she looked aroudn to make sure there were no soldiers left standing, and also to make sure Pinach made it safely there with the last three.

    OOC: I can wait to see what Erosa was doing, will do, before entering the building.
    Thanks to Erosa and Dash, Pinach was able to get Pois and the children to safety without trouble. "Stay in here," he told them. "At least until the invasion is over, then you can head to one of the other planets."

    "I'm hungry," Garnish whined.

    "Ugh. Um, I'll let you handle that, Pois. Gotta get back, bye!" He quickly took his leave, then stopped to take stock of the situation. It seemed that the city was clear of invaders, and all the civilians were in the bunker and safe. "Looks like this city is clear. There's one more city that we need to clear out," he said to the two M fighters.

  2. #857
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Thanks to Erosa and Dash, Pinach was able to get Pois and the children to safety without trouble. "Stay in here," he told them. "At least until the invasion is over, then you can head to one of the other planets."

    "I'm hungry," Garnish whined.

    "Ugh. Um, I'll let you handle that, Pois. Gotta get back, bye!" He quickly took his leave, then stopped to take stock of the situation. It seemed that the city was clear of invaders, and all the civilians were in the bunker and safe. "Looks like this city is clear. There's one more city that we need to clear out," he said to the two M fighters.
    "We don't have much time. Tundra's heavy hitters will be here in an hour or so." Dash then briefly looked over at the safe house, "Was thinkin, maybe we should take them with us, back to Earth. It might not be safe for them here."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  3. #858
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "We don't have much time. Tundra's heavy hitters will be here in an hour or so." Dash then briefly looked over at the safe house, "Was thinkin, maybe we should take them with us, back to Earth. It might not be safe for them here."
    Pinach frowned. He had no idea Tundra sent stronger soldiers. It wouldn't be long before they got there. There were thirty people in this city, and who knew how many people in the next city. He didn't want to overburden the Earth's resources or just presume that it was okay for him to ferry an unknown number of refugees to a completely foreign world because one person said it was okay. Even if that person was from Earth herself.

    "I don't know. We have other planets that are currently safe and they have no way of getting to them," he said. "I say we send them there, instead. Sending refugees to Earth without permission doesn't seem right."

  4. #859
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Pinach frowned. He had no idea Tundra sent stronger soldiers. It wouldn't be long before they got there. There were thirty people in this city, and who knew how many people in the next city. He didn't want to overburden the Earth's resources or just presume that it was okay for him to ferry an unknown number of refugees to a completely foreign world because one person said it was okay. Even if that person was from Earth herself.

    "I don't know. We have other planets that are currently safe and they have no way of getting to them," he said. "I say we send them there, instead. Sending refugees to Earth without permission doesn't seem right."
    "If'n you need permission, you got mine. But if you have another place in mind, then hurry quick an do it. We got your back."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  5. #860
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "If'n you need permission, you got mine. But if you have another place in mind, then hurry quick an do it. We got your back."
    "Yeah, I'll take them to Langal. It's in another star system, so they can't reach it without their ships. Plus, as far as I know, none of the other planets are under invasion." He would have taken them back home to Vocado, but he didn't know if that Tundra guy was still there. "You two head to the other city and start clearing it out, and I'll get the civilians out of here." He pointed to the large main road leading out of the city. "Follow that road. It'll lead to right to it."

  6. #861
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Yeah, I'll take them to Langal. It's in another star system, so they can't reach it without their ships. Plus, as far as I know, none of the other planets are under invasion." He would have taken them back home to Vocado, but he didn't know if that Tundra guy was still there. "You two head to the other city and start clearing it out, and I'll get the civilians out of here." He pointed to the large main road leading out of the city. "Follow that road. It'll lead to right to it."
    Dash looked at the road, then turned back to Pinach, "Okay, just be careful. You know if anything happens to you, your sisters are gonna kill me." she gave him a wry smile, "See you there."

    With that, she turns to Erosa, "Keep up if you can."

    She hesitated, then looked back at Pinach, "If you find yourself in a bad spot, 'port back to Earth. Don't worry 'bout us here. You just get back an let your sisters know what's happened. Understand?"
    Last edited by Tami; 04-04-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  7. #862
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash looked at the road, then turned back to Pinach, "Okay, just be careful. You know if anything happens to you, your sisters are gonna kill me." she gave him a wry smile, "See you there."

    With that, she turns to Erosa, "Keep up if you can."

    She hesitated, then looked back at Pinach, "If you find yourself in a bad spot, 'port back to Earth. Don't worry 'bout us here. You just get back an let your sisters know what's happened. Understand?"
    He nodded once. "Understood."

    Pinach moved swiftly, entering the bunker and moving the the center of the room. "Everyone, listen! There's been a change of plans. I'm taking everyone to Langal, where I know everyone will be safe. Gather what you have on you and form a line." He wasn't going to open the portal until everyone complied. Luckily, Pois was there to calm everyone down -- the woman had a way with words, he had to admit -- and get them to follow Pinach's orders.

    Eventually, the crowd of over two hundred people -- consisting mostly of rowdy and fidgety children -- were assembled into a double file line. Only then did Pinach open the portal to Langal. Pois went through first with Garnish and Mais, to both get them out of the way and have someone to explain what was going on and what they were going to need. There were quite a few injured people, so medical attention was a must. As was food and water. And of course, some kind of shelter went without saying.

    Pinach stood off to the side, watching the civilians turned refugees file through the portal. He constantly watched the entrance to make sure no one tried to sneak in and wreak havoc while everyone was vulnerable.

    How many times had this scene played out in the history of the Saiyan race? A planet under siege, civilians desperately trying to escape before death came for them. Once upon a time, his people would have been on the wrong side of this survivor's story. These days, they were the victims. Turrip, Vocado, and now Ruco. How many more times did they have to be attacked before people decided that they had suffered enough to offset the wrongs of criminal long dead?

    Otatop was rotting in a grave, as were all the people who bought into his drivel. They were trying to change and had changed. Thanks to Mato, Maiz, Just Saiyan's Mom, and Sarada, they had turned themselves around and were helping instead of hurting. Yet, good intentions didn't seem to be enough. On Earth, he learned about karma. Do good, reap good. Do bad, reap bad. The concept was simple, but its reach was far.

    The final person stepped through. There was a lengthy delay thanks to a check-in station within the Langal transport station. He couldn't believe they would stick to policy at a time like this, but he supposed that couldn't have been helped. Surely, it was implemented after Vocado struggled to house the millions of newly resurrected Turripians years ago. Other planets sought to learn from that ordeal and put measures in order to make sure it wasn't repeated.

    "I'll tell Avoca and Parsley where their kids are," he told Pois.

    "Please, Prince Pinach, be careful."

    "I will." He closed the portal and headed out. A whole half hour elapsed. By this point, Erosa and Dash should have not only been to the city, but also cleared most of it out. He broke into a sprint to catch up.




    The onboard computer for Daroga and Letchee's ship beeped. "Planet Ruco incoming. ETA, ten minutes."

  8. #863
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,862

    Default

    As soon as the young prince left, Dash made a high speed sprint to the next city. As she moved, her armor shifted back to it's normal Spider Armor. It was an intentional choice, as she decided to save the ki-taxing abilities for later, if needed. She didn't feel ready to deal with heavy hitters, not yet.

    Arriving, she saw the soldiers at the same time they saw her, and she was prepared. Their blasters bounced off of her shields, as she dodged and weaved through them. Like before, even without the boost of the elemental armor, she still was able to create wind storms and sonic blasts, sending soldiers flying.

    For those remaining standing, in some cases she falls back on her Pegasus Style Martial Arts. Sending out blades of ki through her kicks, waves of ki through her punches, and finally, taking to the air she charged her ki with electricity then sent it raining down on the soldiers like lightening.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-05-2020 at 06:30 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  9. #864
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As soon as the young prince left, Dash made a high speed sprint to the next city. As she moved, her armor shifted back to it's normal Spider Armor. It was an intentional choice, as she decided to save the ki-taxing abilities for later, if needed. She didn't feel ready to deal with heavy hitters, not yet.

    Arriving, she saw the soldiers at the same time they saw her, and she was prepared. Their blasters bounced off of her shields, as she dodged and weaved through them. Like before, even without the boost of the elemental armor, she still was able to create wind storms and sonic blasts, sending soldiers flying.

    For those remaining standing, in some cases she falls back on her Pegasus Style Martial Arts. Sending out blades of ki through her kicks, waves of ki through her punches, and finally, taking to the air she charged her ki with electricity then sent it raining down on the soldiers like lightening.
    There were only two cities on Ruco, the one Dash found herself in currently being the larger of the two. As such, there were more civilians trapped -- again, non-Saiyans were the majority -- and vastly more soldiers. The streets were crawling with invaders, all flitting to and fro from building to building, wreaking havoc and trying to break into the fortified bunkers to get at the civilians. Dash's actions not only successfully laid out swaths of them, but also attracted the other's attention.

    "Well, well. Looks like these guys have help," one of them sneered. "We'll give your head to Lord Tundra!" Like a tidal wave, they moved in unison and descended on Dash, a torrent of energy blasts heralding their arrival.

  10. #865
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Because it worked," was the short response.



    There was a reason Inanna spent a considerable amount of time and effort developing voiceless spell-weaving... and yet Inanna would have been so proud seeing a Saiyan of all things manage what Parsley now did; and it certainly worked. The Elemental found its particulate matter beginning to coalesce and solidify; and before long it was wholly solid.

    "How curious... the mortal has been learning."

    Seemingly unperturbed by its newfound solidity the Sand Elemental was swift to close in on the Spell-Slinging Saiyan; offering a flurry of now stony blows. What Parsley might realize now however, could pose problematic. That it was stone meant it was localized, but incapacitating it without turning the stone to sand would strip away that advantage.
    Parsley narrowed her eyes as the elemental moved to engage her. Its stony fists hurt a lot more than sandy ones, that much Parsley realized right away. However, if she could chip away at it, its healing from the sandy ground beneath their feet was no longer a factor. However, she seriously doubted she would be able to defeat it in this manner. Hm. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Sarada pulling herself to her feet. She offered her a subtle glance and then went on the offense. She met the now stone elemental's blows with more fervor, creating shockwaves with each collision.

    Sarada, for her part, was stunned that Parsley managed to turn the elemental to stone. She guessed that, for all her mockery, there really was something to all this magic nonsense. It didn't make the likes of Neva, Inanna, Parsley, and Etrina any less nerdy, but maybe she didn't have to mention it every chance she got.

    Nah!

    Parsley and the statue were duking it out. It seemed that the latter hadn't noticed the trap she laid earlier. Perfect. Even more perfect was that Parsley had, and was attempting to back the stony creature up until it triggered it. Sarada flew in and helped, joining in the melee and attacking in tandem.

  11. #866
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat gets up and swiftly turns towards Inanna's direction and points at her." Stop that right now, and drop the sword and the officer. That sword is not yours to have, So you can not do with it as you please. The Spirit of that sword's words resonate with me," Praxat said.

    " Its words sparked something inside me. Spirit of this sword, I seek your mentoring in swordsmanship," Praxat said.
    "Yea well. It's shiny, and it's mine now." Inanna stated matter of fact before giving Durive a playful shake. "Also, the Officer and I are merely engaging in... polite conversation~"

    Of course none of what she said was exactly true.

    "Now, if the sword doesn't tell me what the Bullshitto is, I'm going to liquify it. Simple really."
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  12. #867
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Lampton thinks pure-hearted is more in the beholder’s mind, personally.”

    He taps his chin again.

    “A significant dose of Creational energy could circumvent some of the needed requirements, Lampton thinks.”

    Sheki’hinah raises a hand.

    “I would volunteer for the ritual. As her mother, would I qualify?”

    Lampton nods.

    “A significant enough connection, yes. That would work.”

    Sheki’hinah looks at Inanna.

    “Ereshkigal would also be willing to volunteer. Myself, Eresh, Nunlil perhaps and maybe...what about your older brother?”
    Inanna considered what he had to say carefully, before snapping her fingers and returning the bullet to where it came from.

    "You misunderstand just how much I've managed to squirrel away, Lampton..." the woman said, with a smile. "So one more question before I consent... would the energy necessary to stop time- as if I was the God of Time, itself- be sufficient to clear that final... hurdle?"
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  13. #868
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Yea well. It's shiny, and it's mine now." Inanna stated matter of fact before giving Durive a playful shake. "Also, the Officer and I are merely engaging in... polite conversation~"

    Of course none of what she said was exactly true.

    "Now, if the sword doesn't tell me what the Bullshitto is, I'm going to liquify it. Simple really."
    "NOT....WHATEVER IT IS YOU SAID! ULTIMATE BUSHIDO! THE UTTER AND COMPLETE MASTERY OF SWORDSMANSHIP. ONLY I AND ONE OTHER HAVE MASTERED IT. WHERE HE MAY BE, HE HAS GONE ON HIS OWN QUEST AND THUS HAS NOT DEEMED IT NECCESARY TO PASS IT ON. AND THUS IT FALLS TO ME!" The Muramasa bellowed.

    Durive produced a map, to indicate where he had found the sacred blade. it's location had been marked with an extremely small red dot. A magnifying glass could barely detect it.

    The Oni would have to squint.

  14. #869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Yea well. It's shiny, and it's mine now." Inanna stated matter of fact before giving Durive a playful shake. "Also, the Officer and I are merely engaging in... polite conversation~"

    Of course none of what she said was exactly true.

    "Now, if the sword doesn't tell me what the Bullshitto is, I'm going to liquify it. Simple really."
    "Look, I know I can't force you to drop the sword. Other than asking you to drop the sword, all I can do is sit back and watch this unfold," Praxat said.

  15. #870
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Lampton gingerly floats the bullet over to get a better look at it.

    “Lampton sees it is from a Goddess of Creation herself. Potent. No wonder old Sihn is so dangerous.”

    He glances at Inanna.

    “Possibly. It is a close thing, Lampton thinks. For the ritual it would suffice presuming you got at least three or four other Oni. Mind you the ritual power-up only lasts about ten to fifteen minutes at most before you’ll burn through the power. Though......Lampton could possibly delay the true activation to when you confront Auroc.”

    He floats it back to her.

    “As to naturally getting to that level.....after Auroc is dealt with, after you been exposed to the ritualistic version, Lampton thinks he could possibly train you to that level. Though to be honest....Lampton isn’t sure what you will be once you achieve that level. Not an Oni. Not whatever hybrid you are now. Something......better, Lampton thinks.”
    Lampton thinks.

    “Temporal energy is....different. Maybe? Lampton has never tried it with the ritual before. Perhaps it could work. Lampton is willing to try.”

    OT:

    Wasn’t sure you saw this one since you replied to a different one, CoR.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •