Page 323 of 371 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...and after we've rolled the chilled lard into the dough in layers, that's how we give our shell that fall-apart quality. But as always, patience. All good things come in time."

Once more the Lookout kitchens were in full blast. Over the half year or so, Zaofan had made sure to refine his craft not only in combat, but also his passions. Preparing for the end of the universe, that was certainly dreary business, and he didn't take it lightly...

"We'll weight that down with some pie-weights, and pop that into the oven...oh! Kumara, look what we have here!"

Crimped along the edges, golden brown from the egg-washed surface, a whole, hot, cherry pie.

...three of them.

"This was your aunt's favourite, if I recall correctly," he said, laying out the pastries and their boiling hot fillings off to the window. "But now...you've got to wait a bit."

Pulling out several more baked pie shells, he began to arrange them with whatever he had lying around. Apples, strawberry, rhubarb, lamb, potatoes, each into the tin, savoury or sweet, some criss-crossed with bacon instead of lattice. One batch after another.

With the surprise of three Saiyan visitors, well, he knew he had his work cut out for him.

It was just as well. Ever since Etrina had disappeared, the man threw himself into his work with a fervent zeal. Outwardly, it seemed the chef had put his martial precision into every facet, but the truth of the matter, well-
    Since things on the plaza were ultra boring, Sarada had taken Kumara inside to eat. There, they found Zaofan preparing to make some pies. Either he had been intending on doing that anyway or decided to once he felt 1.5 Saiyans in the general vicinity; it didn't really matter. Sarada would have been remiss to not introduce her daughter to her favorite human. To her delight, the small toddler took to the martial chef instantly. And vice versa, it seemed.

Sarada watched with barely restrained excitement as pie after pie was prepared. She had eaten lunch earlier, but it was just about time for linner. "See, Kumara? Pies. Can you say pies?" she said, pointing to the pie shells that had just been set down and were being filled with differing fillings. She noticed he had filled one with apples and mentally staked that one out for herself.

"DIE!" the child squealed gleefully.

Sarada sighed. "Close enough, I gue-"

"--GAHH-!!! GEEZ~!"

Half a dozen pies flew into the air in an instant, and were just as suddenly reset onto the windowsill.

"Don't you people knock?!"

Ochazuke pat his martial brother on the shoulder, and Zaofan sighed, shaking his head as he set things down.

"...it was bad, wasn't it?"

Ochazuke nod silently, crossing his view over to Sarada. Stiffly, he cracked his neck to one side, still disgusted from the ordeal he and Parsley had gone through.

"Sakin's plot has been in motion for some time now. It's become clear he hasn't been working alone."

The Parasites, Sarada would know well on that day years ago. The layered scheme of the Soul Meister and the thread of his Cabal of Thorns he relayed to the Saiyan Queen in brief.

"Not only were they recruiting departed souls, they've been watching us for some time. Everything his proxies touch bring him a view of the situation," he continued. "Moreover there is something solvent involving the Way Between Worlds."

Idly he set the kettle on the stove.

"A rather pressing matter to keep behind the veil of death, don't you think?"
    Parsley and Ochazuke suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Between her and Inanna popping in and out randomly and without warning, Sarada was used to it by that point. Sarada offered the both of them a nod.

Immediately, the martial master began going into what appeared on the surface to be something rather important. It had to do with Sakin, but... didn't involve Sakin directly, unless she was missing something.

As he explained, there was a terrible, horribly cartoonish noise in the background. If anyone bothered to look, they would notice that Parsley was standing casually by the windowsill, two pies missing - except for the pans - and cherry and peach filling covering Parsley's mouth. She took a napkin and wiped her face of any incriminating evidence.

"Departed souls, huh?" Sarada said softly.

"Yes. The scope of their reach extends to even the lowest depths of Hell," Parsley replied.

She swallowed and let out what sounded suspiciously like a shudder. "Fine. I guess these clowns sound important enough to bother with." Her muted response was followed by her falling into silence as the Way Between Worlds was mentioned. She recalled reading about that in Auroc's diary. Dreadnaughts and ancient civilizations that were probably teeming with strong people sounded super exciting!

Instantly, her noticeable melancholy was gone, replaced by overwhelming excitement and confidence. "Don't worry about this Way Between Worlds thing. I'll head over there and take care of these clowns myself! Parsley, you want in?!"

"I already assured Ochazuke and Sihn that we'd be paying this realm a visit at some point in the future."

"Haha! Good man!"

If Sakin really did intend on unleashing that place on the hapless universes, he was going to be in for a shock when the only thing left were corpses and barren treasure rooms.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Since things on the plaza were ultra boring, Sarada had taken Kumara inside to eat. There, they found Zaofan preparing to make some pies. Either he had been intending on doing that anyway or decided to once he felt 1.5 Saiyans in the general vicinity; it didn't really matter. Sarada would have been remiss to not introduce her daughter to her favorite human. To her delight, the small toddler took to the martial chef instantly. And vice versa, it seemed.

Sarada watched with barely restrained excitement as pie after pie was prepared. She had eaten lunch earlier, but it was just about time for linner. "See, Kumara? Pies. Can you say pies?" she said, pointing to the pie shells that had just been set down and were being filled with differing fillings. She noticed he had filled one with apples and mentally staked that one out for herself.

"DIE!" the child squealed gleefully.

Sarada sighed. "Close enough, I gue-"
    For a moment Zaofan lit up with a bout of laughter. Leaning over the counter he sighed.

"Now, now. It's pie. Puh-puh-puh." As he spoke to the Queen's toddler, he clapped the flour from his palms off his apron.

Parsley and Ochazuke suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Between her and Inanna popping in and out randomly and without warning, Sarada was used to it by that point. Sarada offered the both of them a nod.

Immediately, the martial master began going into what appeared on the surface to be something rather important. It had to do with Sakin, but... didn't involve Sakin directly, unless she was missing something.

As he explained, there was a terrible, horribly cartoonish noise in the background. If anyone bothered to look, they would notice that Parsley was standing casually by the windowsill, two pies missing - except for the pans - and cherry and peach filling covering Parsley's mouth. She took a napkin and wiped her face of any incriminating evidence.

"Departed souls, huh?" Sarada said softly.

"Yes. The scope of their reach extends to even the lowest depths of Hell," Parsley replied.

She swallowed and let out what sounded suspiciously like a shudder. "Fine. I guess these clowns sound important enough to bother with." Her muted response was followed by her falling into silence as the Way Between Worlds was mentioned. She recalled reading about that in Auroc's diary. Dreadnaughts and ancient civilizations that were probably teeming with strong people sounded super exciting!

Instantly, her noticeable melancholy was gone, replaced by overwhelming excitement and confidence. "Don't worry about this Way Between Worlds thing. I'll head over there and take care of these clowns myself! Parsley, you want in?!"

"I already assured Ochazuke and Sihn that we'd be paying this realm a visit at some point in the future."

"Haha! Good man!"

If Sakin really did intend on unleashing that place on the hapless universes, he was going to be in for a shock when the only thing left were corpses and barren treasure rooms.
    "He spoke a great deal about the Coven of Thorns as well," Ochazuke continued. "Not only does this mean it's another shadowy cabal, but it is a matter that spans across dimensions. By all indication it would not be one realm, but entire other universes."

Still, the sounds of a threat, of some fresh new challenger seemed to invigorate both sisters. I suppose it cannot be helped.

"Tend to the matter as you will, then. If they can somehow be swayed to stop, they'll need to receive a rather persuasive message. Would that it had come from a godly realm, but time and again it's been shown we're on our own."

With the water boiled, Ochazuke poured himself some tea.

"Be wary of the creature's manipulations and magic. If strength is not their trade, deceptions most certainly are. As I understand it, Auroc's journal will lead you to at least one of these alternate universes, his gated spell to another."

Discreetly, Zaofan slid the next batch of pies into the oven, only to reveal himself when the steel doors clamped shut.

"This is heavy," the chef sighed, dabbing off his hands. "Not only are they hard to put down, but they'll keep coming back?"

"Cheh. You mean like Simon Battersea?"

Silence fell in the kitchen, only the sound of the crackle within the oven hearth. Zaofan shuddered for a moment.

"...ppfft...heheh..."

"Heh..."

"Ha ha ha HA HA~!"

Echoing across the plaza, both started started out in a sputter of laughter for an uncomfortable length of time.

"Ahhh...no, but seriously, they can bring them back?"

Ochazuke nodded. "And if they are marked on behalf of the Cabal, they are linked to Sakin. It's been a little over five years now. If he'd communed with the dead..."

"...then Sakin's got five years worth of intel by proxy."

The martial apostate lift the small cup of tea to his lips and took a long sip as the chef confirmed his own suspiscions aloud.

"Of course, the way they made it sound, he thinks he's already won as if the path before him is set." A dismissive sentiment Ochazuke had all but held bitterly over the last several months.

At the end of this train of thought, Ochazuke turned his attention to Sarada.

"I have a favour to ask. I'll need to get in touch with Maiz."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For a moment Zaofan lit up with a bout of laughter. Leaning over the counter he sighed.

"Now, now. It's pie. Puh-puh-puh." As he spoke to the Queen's toddler, he clapped the flour from his palms off his apron.
    Kumara didn't answer. Instead, a shiny spoon nearby attracted her attention. She picked it up and started banging it on the table like a drumstick.

...And then threw it at the wall with enough force for it to embed itself several inches.

"...Die die!!"

"He spoke a great deal about the Coven of Thorns as well," Ochazuke continued. "Not only does this mean it's another shadowy cabal, but it is a matter that spans across dimensions. By all indication it would not be one realm, but entire other universes."

Still, the sounds of a threat, of some fresh new challenger seemed to invigorate both sisters. I suppose it cannot be helped.

"Tend to the matter as you will, then. If they can somehow be swayed to stop, they'll need to receive a rather persuasive message. Would that it had come from a godly realm, but time and again it's been shown we're on our own."

With the water boiled, Ochazuke poured himself some tea.

"Be wary of the creature's manipulations and magic. If strength is not their trade, deceptions most certainly are. As I understand it, Auroc's journal will lead you to at least one of these alternate universes, his gated spell to another."

Discreetly, Zaofan slid the next batch of pies into the oven, only to reveal himself when the steel doors clamped shut.

"This is heavy," the chef sighed, dabbing off his hands. "Not only are they hard to put down, but they'll keep coming back?"

"Cheh. You mean like Simon Battersea?"

Silence fell in the kitchen, only the sound of the crackle within the oven hearth. Zaofan shuddered for a moment.

"...ppfft...heheh..."

"Heh..."

"Ha ha ha HA HA~!"

Echoing across the plaza, both started started out in a sputter of laughter for an uncomfortable length of time.

"Ahhh...no, but seriously, they can bring them back?"

Ochazuke nodded. "And if they are marked on behalf of the Cabal, they are linked to Sakin. It's been a little over five years now. If he'd communed with the dead..."

"...then Sakin's got five years worth of intel by proxy."

The martial apostate lift the small cup of tea to his lips and took a long sip as the chef confirmed his own suspiscions aloud.

"Of course, the way they made it sound, he thinks he's already won as if the path before him is set." A dismissive sentiment Ochazuke had all but held bitterly over the last several months.

At the end of this train of thought, Ochazuke turned his attention to Sarada.

"I have a favour to ask. I'll need to get in touch with Maiz."
    "Tch, magic," Sarada grumbled.

"Creation energy negates the Coven's ability to twist souls to their purposes," Parsley said to her. "Maiz can bless us with a bit of hers to protect us. From there, they fold rather easily."

"Hmph." It seemed like she was one of the few people in the universe who didn't know anything about magic, or even want to. If those Thorn Coven jackasses thought their magic was going to protect them from her fists, they were in for a rude awakening. "So, when are we are leaving? Right now?"

"No. I have business with Etrina to attend to. Depending on how long I'm gone, we can go when I get back."

According to what Parsley told her about Eva's vision, they only had around three months left before whatever that was all about was supposed to go down. She supposed, with that in mind, they would have to wait until after to head into this so-called Way Between Worlds.

"Speaking of, I need to go." With that, Parsley disappeared, appearing beside Etrina, wherever that may have been.

"Wait, what's this about Battersea coming back?" Sarada asked. She had forgotten all about that clown after they slapped him around years ago. Surely he didn't think he could come back and start **** as they were then. Even her little daughter could make him her bitch.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Kumara didn't answer. Instead, a shiny spoon nearby attracted her attention. She picked it up and started banging it on the table like a drumstick.

...And then threw it at the wall with enough force for it to embed itself several inches.

"...Die die!!"
    Zaofan turned briefly from the conversation, his smile fading each time the child banged the table, nodding along each time it fell, his line of sight tracking the utensil as it buried itself in the wall.

His back to Kumara and Sarada, a visible quaking filled his frame as Zaofan hunched over and repeated the chaotic gremlin's words back to her.

"...D I E..."

He whipped around in an instant with such ferocity and was in an instant before them...

...with a slice of three-layered chocolate cake.

"-ssert! Yes, it is!" His voice was bright, but his features shrank, cringing as if he'd bitten into a salted lime.

Well, at least it wasn't a knife.

Passing her a brand new spoon - a plastic one this time - Zaofan mussed her hair about the horns.

"Tch, magic," Sarada grumbled.

"Creation energy negates the Coven's ability to twist souls to their purposes," Parsley said to her. "Maiz can bless us with a bit of hers to protect us. From there, they fold rather easily."

"Hmph." It seemed like she was one of the few people in the universe who didn't know anything about magic, or even want to. If those Thorn Coven jackasses thought their magic was going to protect them from her fists, they were in for a rude awakening. "So, when are we are leaving? Right now?"

"No. I have business with Etrina to attend to. Depending on how long I'm gone, we can go when I get back."

According to what Parsley told her about Eva's vision, they only had around three months left before whatever that was all about was supposed to go down. She supposed, with that in mind, they would have to wait until after to head into this so-called Way Between Worlds.

"Speaking of, I need to go." With that, Parsley disappeared, appearing beside Etrina, wherever that may have been.

"Wait, what's this about Battersea coming back?" Sarada asked. She had forgotten all about that clown after they slapped him around years ago. Surely he didn't think he could come back and start **** as they were then. Even her little daughter could make him her bitch.
    "Hey when you find her, can you let Etrina know-" Too late. In an instant, Parsley was gone.

Zaofan tilt his head to the side and shrugged.

"Well, after I pulled Totoma back from the dead, apparently the Soul Meister had an eye on the situation. He saw a vacancy, and assumed it was free real estate."

"In brief, it wasn't." Ochazuke continued. "The knowledge of his own techniques amplified by the strength of an ascendant Super Saiyan's body...suppose he'd encountered anybody else? After I nullified his technique and Tasure beat him into submission, she left Totoma in Nevanlinna's care for now...for whenever he's deemed it fit to return. Which led us to this present ordeal."

He'd personally let Karine and the children know, and they'd rather seemed to be taking it in stride when the Saiyan King Vocado was mentioned. Were it not for the lingering and imminent disgust for the matter of the afterlife, Ochazuke might have had a mind to check on Totoma himself.

There were, however, more pressing matters at hand he'd needed to turn his attention to.

"It is a strange condition that Sakin would feed on Creation, yet leave his thralls vulnerable to it," Ochazuke said flatly. "Now that they know they've been revealed, do not be so callous to presume that the blessings of a single guardian will be enough to end this. This Sihn seemed to have just so happened to wield it. His faithful aside, we will need more than just Maiz or Evangeline to fight against this."

'We' being the operative word.

"Moreover, we don't know what is coming other than a vague prophecy," he said. "I've long since grown tired of these cryptic games when it was only the Earth, but when these plot effected the entire universe...cheh. And now seems all Universes are at stake."
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-10-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Meanwhile, at some point during the one year time skip.......

Caliban patiently waits for Parsley to appear. He had agreed to train the Saiyan and another, but he did have other things to do and his patience was running thin.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Default Etrinas Star Crossed Trail Through Time - Part 1

"Zaofan

If your reading this letter, then first and foremost....I'm sorry I couldn't have given this to you in person. There is so much to explain, but so little time to explain it....and I was afraid that if I had to deliver this to you myself I would have started second guessing my decision. For this and many more choices I must make, I apologize.

Every time I begin to think that we can put the events of the last several years behind us....and move on to something better, Fate always pulls the rug out from under us. Always another conflict, an enemy to fight, a future to stop....and I doubt it will change anytime soon. But I do, truly want a future together with you.....and I'll do anything to bring that about.

So....by the time you get this, I'll be gone. There is some places I need to go that only I can go to....and I wouldn't have you suffer through what I need. You don't deserve that sort of punishment.

Please.....don't try to find me.

I've left one of my Foci with this letter. Keep her with you....as long as she is safe with you and active, know that I'm alive and well and I will return to you....I promise. I leave the family home in your care as well. Make sure Gaav is feed every couple days, if you remember.

And take care of Erosa.....she needs you just as much as I do.
    I love you.

~Etrina Stoltengarde"
    Over a Month had passed since Etrina vanished in the wake of the last conflict, leaving only a foci and a letter to Zaofan.
    The foci remained a somewhat optimistic beacon in her absence, confirming everything was fine when asked....but beyond her condition it remained tight lipped. It was, in the end, an aspect of its master....if she did not want to say something, it would be as silent.

The Stoltengarde Manor lay silent and empty, save for whenever its sole caretaker wished to visit....no sign of Etrina.
    The Garden Maze had seen better days....overgrown with vine and weed. No sign of Etrina.
    The Kitchen, unused....a dust covered recipe for a soup lay next to jar of purple dust that had lost its glimmer. No sign of Etrina.

No sign of Etrina anywhere.

~~~

With a soft snap of paper, the last remaining Stoltengarde Heir closed the eldrich tome she had been pouring over. The soft candle glow illuminating a spread of books and paperwork and scrolls. Items of magic and magic soaked artifacts. Diagrams of Runic magic and maps of places between and around.

Etrina lay the book on the table, for a moment the candle grow illuminating the darkened rings under her eyes....and the shimmer of greenish energy within them.

Extending her hand, the mage drew forth a spark of the energy that had merged with her own not so long ago....the energy that had been responsible for the now pronounced elven feature that had earned her more then a few strange looks, and at least one mocked berating, from the others.

A greenish glow coagulated above her palm, and into it she shaped a spark of planar energy.....the spark she had pulled from a gateway to another world. A very specific world.

With a casual flick of her wrist, the orb spiraled away from her and expanded into a looking glass beyond which lay only green forests and the thick malaise of old magic and elden creations.

The Home of the Fey.....the answer to the first of her questions lay there, held by those whom she now shared something of a connection with. Perhaps enough....that they would be willing to parley. Assuming nothing else killed her first.

The Mage took one moment to leave a spark of her own energy within the room, then turned and walked slowly into the light.

Retired Overlord

Parsley appeared.....somewhere.

Around her, there were scrolls and books haphazardly pinned on boards and strewn about the floors and tables. Diagrams of incomprehensible magical gibberish and parsley could only begin to try and comprehend on the spot....but seemed to relate to time, the binding of space, precognition, time loops and other phenomenon.

The atmosphere was cold.....isolated.....unnatural.

"....oh.....?" Etrina quietly watched parsley from a chair, a cup of dark tea in her hands. Her appearance was one of someone who hadn't seen the light of day in weeks. A tray with tea had been set out with an extra seat, but its owner with either late, didn't exist or hadn't been born yet.

What a weird thought to have.

"Oh, I understand...you missed your stop...."
    Etrina put her tea aside, rising from her chair.
    "...I'll need to fix that for later....."

The mage raised her hand and snapped her fingers~~~~~

~~~~~~

Parsley appeared next to Etrina the very next moment after leaving Sarada. The mage sat pouring over a tome in a small candlelit room, her appearance gaving the impression she was hard at work on something important....and if the coffee at her side was any indication, had been quite a long time.

Perhaps it was the lack of proper interaction, but the moment Etrina realized Parsley had appeared she simply snapped her book shut and sighed.

".....Hello Parsley. To what do I owe this impromptu visit......" The Mage sipped her coffee and cringed. Clearly she needed it but didn't exactly prefer her own brew.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 04-10-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Parsley appeared.....somewhere.

Around her, there were scrolls and books haphazardly pinned on boards and strewn about the floors and tables. Diagrams of incomprehensible magical gibberish and parsley could only begin to try and comprehend on the spot....but seemed to relate to time, the binding of space, precognition, time loops and other phenomenon.

The atmosphere was cold.....isolated.....unnatural.

"....oh.....?" Etrina quietly watched parsley from a chair, a cup of dark tea in her hands. Her appearance was one of someone who hadn't seen the light of day in weeks. A tray with tea had been set out with an extra seat, but its owner with either late, didn't exist or hadn't been born yet.

What a weird thought to have.

"Oh, I understand...you missed your stop...."
    Etrina put her tea aside, rising from her chair.
    "...I'll need to fix that for later....."

The mage raised her hand and snapped her fingers~~~~~

~~~~~~

Parsley appeared next to Etrina the very next moment after leaving Sarada. The mage sat pouring over a tome in a small candlelit room, her appearance gaving the impression she was hard at work on something important....and if the coffee at her side was any indication, had been quite a long time.

Perhaps it was the lack of proper interaction, but the moment Etrina realized Parsley had appeared she simply snapped her book shut and sighed.

".....Hello Parsley. To what do I owe this impromptu visit......" The Mage sipped her coffee and cringed. Clearly she needed it but didn't exactly prefer her own brew.
    Parsley hadn't seen Etrina in... seven months, so she wasn't sure what was going on or where she had been all that time. Clearly not on Earth, if the appearance of... whatever that place was, as well as Etrina's own appearance, was any indication. Books and tomes of various magical studies were laying about, some even pinned to the wall. Diagrams relating to time loops and precognition were also scattered all over the floor. The entire room was dripping with magic energy, tempting her to absorb just a little to top of her energy reserves after the fight with the Soul Meister.

Ah, well.

"Caliban," she replied. "The magic training with Caliban. You remember me telling you about that on Earth? I would have picked you up for it sooner, but I've been busy." She continued looking around the room. "And I see you have, as well. If you have some free time, I'd like to go now."

Regardless, she started to prepare the spell to transfer either herself and Etrina or just herself to Universe 16. She conjured two handfuls of blood and conjoined them together into one large mass. Then, she molded and set the blood into the shape of a teleportation rune that she began mentally programming to open a doorway in space between wherever that place was and the Rookery of Universe 16.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Parsley hadn't seen Etrina in... seven months, so she wasn't sure what was going on or where she had been all that time. Clearly not on Earth, if the appearance of... whatever that place was, as well as Etrina's own appearance, was any indication. Books and tomes of various magical studies were laying about, some even pinned to the wall. Diagrams relating to time loops and precognition were also scattered all over the floor. The entire room was dripping with magic energy, tempting her to absorb just a little to top of her energy reserves after the fight with the Soul Meister.

Ah, well.

"Caliban," she replied. "The magic training with Caliban. You remember me telling you about that on Earth? I would have picked you up for it sooner, but I've been busy." She continued looking around the room. "And I see you have, as well. If you have some free time, I'd like to go now."

Regardless, she started to prepare the spell to transfer either herself and Etrina or just herself to Universe 16. She conjured two handfuls of blood and conjoined them together into one large mass. Then, she molded and set the blood into the shape of a teleportation rune that she began mentally programming to open a doorway in space between wherever that place was and the Rookery of Universe 16.
    "Yes, I remember....is it that time already?" Etrina placed her cup aside and pushed up from her chair, leaving her book behind. A amused smile touched her lips. "Free time....Yes, I set aside some free time."

Turning around, she observed quietly as Parsley made her preparations.

"How is Sarada and Inanna...." The Mage spoke quietly as Parsley rune neared completion. "....I've not been in touch...."

"Yes, I remember....is it that time already?" Etrina placed her cup aside and pushed up from her chair, leaving her book behind. A amused smile touched her lips. "Free time....Yes, I set aside some free time."

Turning around, she observed quietly as Parsley made her preparations.

"How is Sarada and Inanna...." The Mage spoke quietly as Parsley rune neared completion. "....I've not been in touch...."
    "Good."

She pulled out the starmap she purchased in U16 to help with her preparations. Specifically to help pinpoint planetary location, as well as the general location of where her prime location was. Even though she spent much time studying portal generation with some magical books she found during her own personal travels, it was still a precise science behind it that require much time and concentration. It wasn't like she could just think about where she wanted to go and just magically open a portal there with zero errors. Only a novice thought that could possibly be the case.

At least with blood magic.

"Sarada is doing fine. She and her daughter are on the Lookout with Zaofan. As for Inanna," with a flourish, a crimson red doorway - about ten feet high and four feet wide - opened into existence, "I don't know. She left for training immediately after we were separated. Neither I nor Sarada have heard from her since."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"Good."

She pulled out the starmap she purchased in U16 to help with her preparations. Specifically to help pinpoint planetary location, as well as the general location of where her prime location was. Even though she spent much time studying portal generation with some magical books she found during her own personal travels, it was still a precise science behind it that require much time and concentration. It wasn't like she could just think about where she wanted to go and just magically open a portal there with zero errors. Only a novice thought that could possibly be the case.

At least with blood magic.

"Sarada is doing fine. She and her daughter are on the Lookout with Zaofan. As for Inanna," with a flourish, a crimson red doorway - about ten feet high and four feet wide - opened into existence, "I don't know. She left for training immediately after we were separated. Neither I nor Sarada have heard from her since."
    ".....I see.." Etrina responded after a moment of processing. "....its good that they're still well......I'm sure Inanna is fine too."

Etrina continued to watch Parsley, seemingly sizing up her handywork as she cross referenced her maps and laid the portal groundwork. The end result was a rather large gateway, enough to raise an curious eyebrow from Etrina.

"....I just hope she isn't doing anything risky...." Etrina added, directed at noone in particular, and then stepped forward to example the gate a moment before going through.

".....I see.." Etrina responded after a moment of processing. "....its good that they're still well......I'm sure Inanna is fine too."

Etrina continued to watch Parsley, seemingly sizing up her handywork as she cross referenced her maps and laid the portal groundwork. The end result was a rather large gateway, enough to raise an curious eyebrow from Etrina.

"....I just hope she isn't doing anything risky...." Etrina added, directed at noone in particular, and then stepped forward to example the gate a moment before going through.
    While Parsley had some level of concern for her sister-in-law, it was hard to be completely concern when she was certain the feeling wasn't mutual. After the falling out they all had with her on Darkle, she would have been surprised to see her ever again. "It's Inanna. She rarely does anything without at least some level of risk."

Parsley follows Etrina through the portal. When she passes through, it didn't close per se, but rather minimized into a small red energy ball. She absorbed it into her hand to store it until it was time to return.

"This is Universe 16. Absolutely dripping with magic."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Interlude: Feels Like Dying

As much as her nature was to nurture, and knowing full well what Lampton had asked, Cleos simply couldn't do it.

Take this... thing, and fix it? Make it more dangerous? No, no. Akin to rehabilitating Eldfen. She... it, was already dangerous enough. And with that chip on her shoulder, it was only a matter of time before whatever cord that was holding her barely in check, was severed and it started tearing through whatever it could get hands on. Whether or not it would be stopped intitally wasn't the problem either. She had done it. Scorpion's Sting had proven itself yet again... but inevitably?

As her Heka Flow tapered out, the still-prone woman at her feet, began to collect herself. It had to be now. Cleos' hand blurred, and a spray of blue ichor followed. Before the sand even had the chance to swallow the woman's lifeblood up; her mentor-turned-murderer, opened a doorway... and kicked Inanna through it. Expression grim, Cleos watched the darkness within swallow Inanna up without a sound, before closing it and turning away.
    Muttering softly, "forgive me, Kephri. I did what needed to be done."

With that, Cleos took her leave. The sun of Otherworld's Desert was beginning to set.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Over a Month had passed since Etrina vanished in the wake of the last conflict, leaving only a foci and a letter to Zaofan.
    The foci remained a somewhat optimistic beacon in her absence, confirming everything was fine when asked....but beyond her condition it remained tight lipped. It was, in the end, an aspect of its master....if she did not want to say something, it would be as silent.

The Stoltengarde Manor lay silent and empty, save for whenever its sole caretaker wished to visit....no sign of Etrina.
    The Garden Maze had seen better days....overgrown with vine and weed. No sign of Etrina.
    The Kitchen, unused....a dust covered recipe for a soup lay next to jar of purple dust that had lost its glimmer. No sign of Etrina.

No sign of Etrina anywhere.

~~~

With a soft snap of paper, the last remaining Stoltengarde Heir closed the eldrich tome she had been pouring over. The soft candle glow illuminating a spread of books and paperwork and scrolls. Items of magic and magic soaked artifacts. Diagrams of Runic magic and maps of places between and around.

Etrina lay the book on the table, for a moment the candle grow illuminating the darkened rings under her eyes....and the shimmer of greenish energy within them.

Extending her hand, the mage drew forth a spark of the energy that had merged with her own not so long ago....the energy that had been responsible for the now pronounced elven feature that had earned her more then a few strange looks, and at least one mocked berating, from the others.

A greenish glow coagulated above her palm, and into it she shaped a spark of planar energy.....the spark she had pulled from a gateway to another world. A very specific world.

With a casual flick of her wrist, the orb spiraled away from her and expanded into a looking glass beyond which lay only green forests and the thick malaise of old magic and elden creations.

The Home of the Fey.....the answer to the first of her questions lay there, held by those whom she now shared something of a connection with. Perhaps enough....that they would be willing to parley. Assuming nothing else killed her first.

The Mage took one moment to leave a spark of her own energy within the room, then turned and walked slowly into the light.
    She appears in a strange, ancient forest. Much like on Darkle, this one towers overhead with a thick canopy of tree tops and only patches of sunlight filtering through.

And magic lays quite heavy in this place.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

While Parsley had some level of concern for her sister-in-law, it was hard to be completely concern when she was certain the feeling wasn't mutual. After the falling out they all had with her on Darkle, she would have been surprised to see her ever again. "It's Inanna. She rarely does anything without at least some level of risk."

Parsley follows Etrina through the portal. When she passes through, it didn't close per se, but rather minimized into a small red energy ball. She absorbed it into her hand to store it until it was time to return.

"This is Universe 16. Absolutely dripping with magic."
    “You’re late, girly.”

Caliban walks up, the short goblin eyeing them both.

“This your companion? Heh, an adequate mage from what I can see.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM