Page 46 of 102 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1524
  1. #676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The moment the soldiers made contact with the rapidly expanding shield, it was like bugs on a windshield. Those that weren't crushed against it were ripped apart like chaff.

    More soldiers immediately took notice and broke rank to confront him. This time, instead of facing him at close range, they kept a distance and opened fire on him.
    After seeing what they did, the rank-and-file obviously didn't want to get anywhere near him. Good, at least they weren't stupid. Well, too stupid. Gauging their positions from where he stood, they had him surrounded. He could either use some Void Tunnels to redirect the blasts, but based on the angles...

    ...hm.

    Just as the blasts were about to converge, Totoma dropped to an impossibly low stance. Some of the blasts hit each other and exploded--not really an issue, since even a direct hit wouldn't do much of anything to him--while others did not, instead flying through the resultant cloud of dust... at the allies of those firing. Or at least flying off into the distance.

    His form blurring, Totoma, still in his low stance, appeared next to one of the soldiers that had fired upon him, launching into some absurd throw that would, due to the difference in raw power, at least take the soldier out of the battle. Or possibly kill him from the impact... didn't really matter.



    Without missing a beat, he turned his attention to another nearby soldier, his form blurring yet again as he launched a sweeping kick vaguely reminiscent of break-dancing, knocking the soldier off his feet. Flowing into his next attack, he launched himself head-first at yet another soldier, leaving a parting ki-blast for his previous target as he did so.



    And so he continued like this, using these unorthodox--absurd, some might say--methods of attack and movement. This was the Boar Style... or School... one of those... his human side's ancestral fighting style. Though his foes would have no context for what a 'Boar' was, fighting this style was reminiscent of fighting one. Low-to-the-ground, fast, powerful, and with a ferocity scarcely matched in the natural world.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  2. #677
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    And so he continued like this, using these unorthodox--absurd, some might say--methods of attack and movement. This was the Boar Style... or School... one of those... his human side's ancestral fighting style. Though his foes would have no context for what a 'Boar' was, fighting this style was reminiscent of fighting one. Low-to-the-ground, fast, powerful, and with a ferocity scarcely matched in the natural world.
    The soldiers fell by the wayside, cast aside with ease by his unorthodox fighting style. The soldiers above them took notice, and realized that he was far stronger than their scouters indicated. "Blasted things," one cursed as it ripped it off his face and hurled it to the ground.

    The Saiyans took advantage of the momentary lull and snatched a portion of momentum and put it in their favor.

    Far away, five people were overlooking the battle. Any Saiyans who wondered toward them, carrying with them any illusions that they could take them despite the massive gap in power. They were quickly proven wrong as they were thrown aside with barely any effort.

    "Hm, that Saiyan," one of them noted as Totoma made his way through their army, "appears to be stronger than the others. Far stronger, in fact."

    "Indeed," spoke another. "It's clear the average soldier stands no chance against him." He grinned and pounded his chest. "I will flay the meat from his bone myself!" With nary a word of protest or approval from his contemporaries, he flew into motion, closing in on Totoma like a heat seeking missile.

    He planted his foot in Totoma's chest, sending him crashing to the ground.



    "Rise and face me, Saiyan!" the alien canine barked. "You stand before Oggod the Mighty!"

  3. #678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It didn't end. No matter what direction Avoca headed in, no matter where she looked, this damned room didn't end. It went on and on and on and on... forever. She let out a sigh and returned to the living space before she got lost for the rest of her life. I wonder if some dumbass actually got lost and is out there somewhere. It was a funny, if not harrowing thought. She was going to be in there for half a year. There was literally nothing but her, Tasure, and literal endless miles of white nothingness.

    Shit. She was either going to go completely insane and have to be committed into a fucking loony bin or she was going to be the most mentally resilient person she knew. Either way, she was going to be out of this hell-hole, and she was never coming back.



    Finally, something to take her mind off everything that was going on around her. Which was a whole lotta nothing. She cracked her neck and stepped forward. "Hand to hand, huh? Alright." She wanted to see how good she was compared to Parsley. Avoca had been training with her wife almost exclusively for years, and especially ever since their kids were old enough to start training. She may not have been as good fighter -- there were few who were -- but she was no pushover.

    She got into an offensive position and immediately dashed forward, throwing punches and knees. She feinted every so often to open up weak spots she could attack.
    Tasure block and parried, mostly staying on the defensive. Avoca proved to be... yep, definitely better than the average saiyan. Her strikes were skillfully performed, she didn't have many openings that were easily taken care of... and some were sure to be intentionally created to entice an opponent into a trap. Was she as good as Parsley?

    No.

    But few were, and the point was, she had a solid foundation upon which to build... if so desired. Given Avoca's unique repertoire of techniques, she was perhaps more inclined towards technique usage than melee, which was fine, since the latter only had to be good enough to facilitate setup for the former.

    At the climax of the exchange, Tasure misjudged a particularly clever feint and took a solid blow on her cheek, sliding back a few meters. Rubbing her cheek, she grinned. "Not bad. Not bad at all. There's still room for improvement, I'd say, but you'd certainly trounce the average saiyan. If I had to offer one bit of advice... it would be to maybe focus on kicking a bit more. Shouldn't have to guess why I'm suggesting that." Avoca, of course, was a bit... bottom-heavy, but that meant more mass--and thus more force--to put into a kick. And with the ability to fly, she didn't even really need to worry about losing her balance.

    Tasure paused for a moment, then added: "...and if you really wanted to throw your opponent off-balance, maybe try a... butt-strike when the opportunity presents itself. Like a headbutt, without the head part." She halfway expected her boy to pop his head into the chamber and yell "Buttbutt!" but she knew he was...

    ...actually, given the time distortion, he was probably still standing there? If the door were open, then... how would...

    Her expression blanked as she briefly tried to imagine that. After a moment, she shook her head, pushing that mind-twister from her thoughts.

    "Now then..." She thrust her hand out, a Diamond Fang springing to life. Her form blurred, and she sent a deadly thrust at Avoca. Tasure was stronger and faster than her, even outside of super saiyan, but she was intentionally attacking in a linear manner. Even a weaker opponent could at least defend against fast, but predictable attacks. It wouldn't be easy, but she was confident Avoca would be able to manage.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  4. #679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The soldiers fell by the wayside, cast aside with ease by his unorthodox fighting style. The soldiers above them took notice, and realized that he was far stronger than their scouters indicated. "Blasted things," one cursed as it ripped it off his face and hurled it to the ground.

    The Saiyans took advantage of the momentary lull and snatched a portion of momentum and put it in their favor.

    Far away, five people were overlooking the battle. Any Saiyans who wondered toward them, carrying with them any illusions that they could take them despite the massive gap in power. They were quickly proven wrong as they were thrown aside with barely any effort.

    "Hm, that Saiyan," one of them noted as Totoma made his way through their army, "appears to be stronger than the others. Far stronger, in fact."

    "Indeed," spoke another. "It's clear the average soldier stands no chance against him." He grinned and pounded his chest. "I will flay the meat from his bone myself!" With nary a word of protest or approval from his contemporaries, he flew into motion, closing in on Totoma like a heat seeking missile.

    He planted his foot in Totoma's chest, sending him crashing to the ground.



    "Rise and face me, Saiyan!" the alien canine barked. "You stand before Oggod the Mighty!"
    Totoma skidded to a halt, a bit stunned that one of the soldiers had actually been able to land a strike on him. A strike that actually hurt. Okay, so the Tundra force did actually have some pretty strong guys (besides Tundra and his lieutenants) in it... great! Totoma jumped to his feet, a grin on his face. He was going to enjoy this.

    "Oggod, huh... finally, someone worth fighting," he said. Normally, he'd put on a show and strike a pose, but this time, he introduced himself with no pomp and flair. "Totoma... the Just Saiyan. Perhaps you've heard of me?"

    Maybe he had, maybe he hadn't... Totoma didn't wait for an answer, as he charged the... space-dog with a vicious flurry of punches, kicks, and all sorts of other strikes. This guy was stronger... and probably more skilled than the others, so he didn't expect this early salvo to have much effect. This was just... testing the goodboi.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  5. #680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A resonance connects the two, and for a brilliant moment, a warmth spreads through Nevalinna and ahe feels....more whole.

    Then the bead is absorbed into herself and vanishes, the preservational power settling within her and making her......more.
    A curious feeling. It was like... an ember starting a fire. Something had awoken within her, but for now, she could not say. Whatever it was, she felt it would be of help in the future.

    "Well then... shall join Inanna and the Saiyan sisters in my realm," she said, opening a portal to Vaikuntha. "There is much yet to be done..." And with that, she stepped inside, the portal closing behind her.

    Catching up to the Saiyans--but not finding Inanna with them--her mind lingered on what just happened. Somehow, Vaikuntha seemed... different. More alive, more... active? Curious.

    "Sarada, Parsley... considering what lays ahead, I wish to join you lot in your training," she said, matching her pace with the two. "I cannot simply rest on my laurels while Auroc and his servants, I fear, gather yet more power. I was barely able to contend with his unarmored form, let alone after..."

    Had that knife-edge fight gone on for much longer, she would have fallen. By all right, she should have fallen before Inanna had gotten a chance to down the false god, and yet... she had not. Yes, her people were quite durable and persistent, but her performance there had been surprising.

    ...

    Perhaps this "Hozon" she somehow had knowledge of had something to do it. Ahh, so many questions... so little time to search for answers. All she could do was continue on ahead.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  6. #681
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sword seeming to be something of a problem, Inanna manifested her own, and using the blocked punch from Shek'hinah as an opening, stepped in with as the Angel blocked the punch from Shek'hinah to deliver a swift overhead cut.
    He bolts away, her sword missing by scant millimeters.

    Reappearing behind the two of them, he smirks.

    ďSlow.Ē

    He taps the blade against the ground and a reverberation sounds out. The other swords, except the big one, all suddenly vibrate and shoot into the air, hovering around Shekiíhinah and Inanna.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #682
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma skidded to a halt, a bit stunned that one of the soldiers had actually been able to land a strike on him. A strike that actually hurt. Okay, so the Tundra force did actually have some pretty strong guys (besides Tundra and his lieutenants) in it... great! Totoma jumped to his feet, a grin on his face. He was going to enjoy this.

    "Oggod, huh... finally, someone worth fighting," he said. Normally, he'd put on a show and strike a pose, but this time, he introduced himself with no pomp and flair. "Totoma... the Just Saiyan. Perhaps you've heard of me?"

    Maybe he had, maybe he hadn't... Totoma didn't wait for an answer, as he charged the... space-dog with a vicious flurry of punches, kicks, and all sorts of other strikes. This guy was stronger... and probably more skilled than the others, so he didn't expect this early salvo to have much effect. This was just... testing the goodboi.
    "Hmph! I have not. But I now know what to engrave on your gravemarker." Oggod threw his arms up in front of him to block the volley of furious blows coming his way. Then, he suddenly jumped back and tossed a yellow energy ball at Totoma. It started bouncy violently against the ground. If he looked closely, he would notice an ominous white line on the ball that curled along its surface.

  8. #683
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    A curious feeling. It was like... an ember starting a fire. Something had awoken within her, but for now, she could not say. Whatever it was, she felt it would be of help in the future.

    "Well then... shall join Inanna and the Saiyan sisters in my realm," she said, opening a portal to Vaikuntha. "There is much yet to be done..." And with that, she stepped inside, the portal closing behind her.

    Catching up to the Saiyans--but not finding Inanna with them--her mind lingered on what just happened. Somehow, Vaikuntha seemed... different. More alive, more... active? Curious.

    "Sarada, Parsley... considering what lays ahead, I wish to join you lot in your training," she said, matching her pace with the two. "I cannot simply rest on my laurels while Auroc and his servants, I fear, gather yet more power. I was barely able to contend with his unarmored form, let alone after..."

    Had that knife-edge fight gone on for much longer, she would have fallen. By all right, she should have fallen before Inanna had gotten a chance to down the false god, and yet... she had not. Yes, her people were quite durable and persistent, but her performance there had been surprising.

    ...

    Perhaps this "Hozon" she somehow had knowledge of had something to do it. Ahh, so many questions... so little time to search for answers. All she could do was continue on ahead.
    Sarada and Parsley had changed into heavier versions of their old armor -- each weighing in excess of thirty tons -- in preparation for their training. They would start off with simple sparring and technique crafting until Inanna returned, then they could use her gravity spell to kick things up several notches. Hopefully, by the time Sarada went into labor, they would be ready to challenge these elementals and spar with them until it was time to face Tundra.

    They were about to get started when Neva appeared and declared she wanted to train with them.

    "Ah, yes, that's fine," Parsley said. "I need to train my magic as well, and you'll make a suitable partner."

    "Training for Auroc, hm? Yeah, he was a tough son of a bitch, even if he was on the stupid side." She grinned at Neva. "Alright, you can train with us. Now, strip off that armor and the rest of your clothes, too! Vigorous titty bouncing is great weight training, heheh."

    Parsley smacked her upside the head.

  9. #684
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He bolts away, her sword missing by scant millimeters.

    Reappearing behind the two of them, he smirks.

    “Slow.”

    He taps the blade against the ground and a reverberation sounds out. The other swords, except the big one, all suddenly vibrate and shoot into the air, hovering around Sheki’hinah and Inanna.
    Inanna deigned not to reply. Mindgames were her sthick, after all. Allowing this Angel to get the better of her would just be... well it'd be terrible.

    Horrible, even.

    So instead, when the Angel teleported behind and summoned the swords that would soon be hers... Inanna simply turned, and pointed towards the 'sky' to fire several pinpricks of Hakai straight up.

    "It seems I've missed. What a wretch, I am."

    With that, the golden-eyed woman moved to re-engage.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  10. #685
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Tasure block and parried, mostly staying on the defensive. Avoca proved to be... yep, definitely better than the average saiyan. Her strikes were skillfully performed, she didn't have many openings that were easily taken care of... and some were sure to be intentionally created to entice an opponent into a trap. Was she as good as Parsley?

    No.

    But few were, and the point was, she had a solid foundation upon which to build... if so desired. Given Avoca's unique repertoire of techniques, she was perhaps more inclined towards technique usage than melee, which was fine, since the latter only had to be good enough to facilitate setup for the former.

    At the climax of the exchange, Tasure misjudged a particularly clever feint and took a solid blow on her cheek, sliding back a few meters. Rubbing her cheek, she grinned. "Not bad. Not bad at all. There's still room for improvement, I'd say, but you'd certainly trounce the average saiyan. If I had to offer one bit of advice... it would be to maybe focus on kicking a bit more. Shouldn't have to guess why I'm suggesting that." Avoca, of course, was a bit... bottom-heavy, but that meant more mass--and thus more force--to put into a kick. And with the ability to fly, she didn't even really need to worry about losing her balance.

    Tasure paused for a moment, then added: "...and if you really wanted to throw your opponent off-balance, maybe try a... butt-strike when the opportunity presents itself. Like a headbutt, without the head part." She halfway expected her boy to pop his head into the chamber and yell "Buttbutt!" but she knew he was...

    ...actually, given the time distortion, he was probably still standing there? If the door were open, then... how would...

    Her expression blanked as she briefly tried to imagine that. After a moment, she shook her head, pushing that mind-twister from her thoughts.

    "Now then..." She thrust her hand out, a Diamond Fang springing to life. Her form blurred, and she sent a deadly thrust at Avoca. Tasure was stronger and faster than her, even outside of super saiyan, but she was intentionally attacking in a linear manner. Even a weaker opponent could at least defend against fast, but predictable attacks. It wouldn't be easy, but she was confident Avoca would be able to manage.
    She barely restrained a sigh. There were times that she hated the fact that her butt was her most defining feature. She was certain that, other than screwing with Sarada's head, it was the only reason Parsley was even initially interested in her. Of course, her charm was what got her to stay, but the ass was the selling point. At least Tasure's mentioning it was coupled with the sensible fact that her kicks would have more mass and more force behind them. A fact she had come to realize for some time. It was just that she really had no taste for hand-to-hand, at least no in the same way someone like Sarada did. She was more comfortable fighting from a distance in a support role.

    She supposed that was about to change.

    Tasure came at her with a diamond blade, a straightforward attack. She could was dodge, parried, or used Brocado's technique to tank it. Any one of those would have set Tasure up for a counterattack.

    It was something else the older Saiyanness mentioned that helped Avoca decide in the scant few seconds she had to do so. Butt attacks. Like a headbutt, but with her butt. A hip attack, really.

    She had just the thing.

    Just when she was about to cross the point of no return and take the attack head on, she flew upward, avoiding the blade. Any competent fighter would have been expecting a short kick to the back or a knee to the head. Yet, Avoca did something that not even she would expect.


  11. #686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She barely restrained a sigh. There were times that she hated the fact that her butt was her most defining feature. She was certain that, other than screwing with Sarada's head, it was the only reason Parsley was even initially interested in her. Of course, her charm was what got her to stay, but the ass was the selling point. At least Tasure's mentioning it was coupled with the sensible fact that her kicks would have more mass and more force behind them. A fact she had come to realize for some time. It was just that she really had no taste for hand-to-hand, at least no in the same way someone like Sarada did. She was more comfortable fighting from a distance in a support role.

    She supposed that was about to change.

    Tasure came at her with a diamond blade, a straightforward attack. She could was dodge, parried, or used Brocado's technique to tank it. Any one of those would have set Tasure up for a counterattack.

    It was something else the older Saiyanness mentioned that helped Avoca decide in the scant few seconds she had to do so. Butt attacks. Like a headbutt, but with her butt. A hip attack, really.

    She had just the thing.

    Just when she was about to cross the point of no return and take the attack head on, she flew upward, avoiding the blade. Any competent fighter would have been expecting a short kick to the back or a knee to the head. Yet, Avoca did something that not even she would expect.

    Good, she dodged. Just in time, too. Excellent judgement. Guess that's what one should expect from Parsley's mate. Now... knee or kick

    Suddenly, Tasure felt... something. A feeling of dread... danger... death. The hell!? Open or not, just a knee strike or kick wouldn't...

    ...

    Oh. Oh fuck, that cheeky bitch. Tasure had expected her to take her advice, but not right then and there. To make matters worse, she could think of real way to dodge or even counter. And a strike like the one bearing down on her... ha ha, she might die. Again.

    Steeling herself as best she could, Tasure only barely noticed her own ki... shifting, seemingly of its own accord, her Diamond Fang flowing over her and becoming a (haphazard) Diamond Scale. The butt met the scale, which buckled, held for a brief moment, and then shattered. The... buttbutt still hit her, but instead of on the head, it hit her in the upper back, and with not quite as much force as it would have otherwise. It sent her bouncing off the ground a few times, and once she landed, she stayed there, a bit dazed... but alive.

    Taking a moment to recover, she slowly got up, clearly unsteady on her feet. "...not... gonna lie... that was a good move. In an actual battle, probably would've clinched you... the win." Brocado, that had been like a meteor landing on her back...

    Cracking her neck a few times, Tasure then looked at the hand she'd manifested the Diamond Fang from. In her surprise, she hadn't been quick enough to reform the Fang into a Scale, so.. what in the hell just happened? It was like her ki had unconsciously reacted to the danger...

    ...a fluke, perhaps?

    No, no, with her, there were no 'flukes'. Something quite interesting had happened just now, and she felt in her warrior's heart that it was something worth following up on. "...huh, weird."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  12. #687
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada had sensed his energy once she got her feet under her and calmed down after her outburst. She didn't bother to approach him because she figured he would have left once she woke up to avoid any confrontation. Apparently, he wasn't as smart as she thought.

    She hadn't forgotten how Lantro allied himself with those damned Tuffles and attacked Turrip. Her parents were nearly killed in that attack, so forgiveness wouldn't come easy. Yet, him even asking for it was surprising. Saiyans weren't ones to apologize, even if they knew they were wrong. His time in prison and on Vocado -- yes, Maiz told her that he was there from the moment he arrived -- must have changed his outlook on a lot of things.

    He wanted to... join the starting lineup? She still didn't understand half of what he was talking about. "I'm assuming that means you want to fight for us against Tundra." She looked him up and down, her hardened gaze eventually settling on piercing through his dark shades. "Fine. The only reason I'm letting you is because we need all the help we can get. Whether I let you stick around depends on what happens. Understand that?"
    Lantro smiled. "Don't have to tell me twice," he replied, turning away from the Saiyan queen. She still didn't entirely trust him, which was to be expected. Like this Arcosian, he had threatened her people. Most royalty would never let a slight like that go virtually unpunished, but Sarada was still a Saiyan. His strength in this scenario could only be an asset.

    And the mistrust would help Lantro in his case. Always the loner, it was almost comforting to know even his allies would always be at an arm's length. And it didn't matter. In the end, he wasn't the fan's first round draft pick nor the player's. He was scouted out by the owner known as fate and he'd guise then to victory and see these invaders faced justice. And that was enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Her attention was diverted, mostly by her own thoughts. While Shōchū was no longer human and lacked the DNA that once bound her to her cousin, she still seemed to possess his uncanny ability to zone out. Fortunately, her cybernetic side kept tabs of the situation around it and it was by its gently nagging that she took notice of something intriguing.

    Among their numbers was a boy she had not met before, yet it was clear as day what he was: a machine mutant.

    Curiosity struck her as she had thought only those of the Last Call made up the species. Was this boy a new creation of Dr. Sazerac, or perhaps an older one? Her data was inconclusive, which left only one method of figuring this out. The direct method.

    "Excuse me," She began, approaching the one named Lantro, "Are you one of us?"
    e"...Huh?" Lantro frowned slightly at the girl that had approached him. She seemed unfamiliar, but why had she....? "I don't quite follow you. One of who?"

  13. #688
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Good, she dodged. Just in time, too. Excellent judgement. Guess that's what one should expect from Parsley's mate. Now... knee or kick

    Suddenly, Tasure felt... something. A feeling of dread... danger... death. The hell!? Open or not, just a knee strike or kick wouldn't...

    ...

    Oh. Oh fuck, that cheeky bitch. Tasure had expected her to take her advice, but not right then and there. To make matters worse, she could think of real way to dodge or even counter. And a strike like the one bearing down on her... ha ha, she might die. Again.

    Steeling herself as best she could, Tasure only barely noticed her own ki... shifting, seemingly of its own accord, her Diamond Fang flowing over her and becoming a (haphazard) Diamond Scale. The butt met the scale, which buckled, held for a brief moment, and then shattered. The... buttbutt still hit her, but instead of on the head, it hit her in the upper back, and with not quite as much force as it would have otherwise. It sent her bouncing off the ground a few times, and once she landed, she stayed there, a bit dazed... but alive.

    Taking a moment to recover, she slowly got up, clearly unsteady on her feet. "...not... gonna lie... that was a good move. In an actual battle, probably would've clinched you... the win." Brocado, that had been like a meteor landing on her back...

    Cracking her neck a few times, Tasure then looked at the hand she'd manifested the Diamond Fang from. In her surprise, she hadn't been quick enough to reform the Fang into a Scale, so.. what in the hell just happened? It was like her ki had unconsciously reacted to the danger...

    ...a fluke, perhaps?

    No, no, with her, there were no 'flukes'. Something quite interesting had happened just now, and she felt in her warrior's heart that it was something worth following up on. "...huh, weird."
    Avoca raised an eyebrow. That ki shield shot up a little too quickly to be a conscious decision. Tasure was fast, but not that fast, especially after being clearly taken off guard. There was something else there, but she really didn't have time to figure it out.

    "Huh," she grunted, "didn't expect you to react so quickly." She crossed her arms in front of her. "You wanted to see the techs The Triumvirate taught me, right?" She breathed in and closed her eyes. This was, by far, the most difficult technique to pull off, even though she had been practicing it consistently for years. The concentration required to divorce her ki from her body -- not to mention the energy drain -- was taxing. If she could figure out how to pull it off without having to shut it off after five minutes, that would be a stark improvement.

    Avoca's ki suddenly divorced from her body and diffused. It was like she was in several places at once -- behind Tasure, in front of her, and flanking her in every possible direction. In addition, there were several energy copies of Avoca, and Avoca herself had become bathe in ki, so it was impossible to tell where the real one was.



    "Alright," they all said at once. "Here's one. It's an internal energy feint that Beatz. He calls it Evasive Divorce, but that's pretty lame, so I renamed it Bidrae." Without warning, all the copies closed in on Tasure, threatening to converge on her at once. Then, suddenly, they stopped short just in case she decided to erect that energy shield again, delaying the attack until after she let down again.

  14. #689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat meets up with Eva. " Eva, I have a question about the training room. What's the temperature and humidity of the room?" Praxat said.

    " I also have another question for you, and it might sound silly, but can you hear infrasound frequencies? " Praxat said.
    OOC: For Cleric.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-22-2020 at 11:15 PM.

  15. #690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Avoca raised an eyebrow. That ki shield shot up a little too quickly to be a conscious decision. Tasure was fast, but not that fast, especially after being clearly taken off guard. There was something else there, but she really didn't have time to figure it out.

    "Huh," she grunted, "didn't expect you to react so quickly." She crossed her arms in front of her. "You wanted to see the techs The Triumvirate taught me, right?" She breathed in and closed her eyes. This was, by far, the most difficult technique to pull off, even though she had been practicing it consistently for years. The concentration required to divorce her ki from her body -- not to mention the energy drain -- was taxing. If she could figure out how to pull it off without having to shut it off after five minutes, that would be a stark improvement.

    Avoca's ki suddenly divorced from her body and diffused. It was like she was in several places at once -- behind Tasure, in front of her, and flanking her in every possible direction. In addition, there were several energy copies of Avoca, and Avoca herself had become bathe in ki, so it was impossible to tell where the real one was.



    "Alright," they all said at once. "Here's one. It's an internal energy feint that Beatz. He calls it Evasive Divorce, but that's pretty lame, so I renamed it Bidrae." Without warning, all the copies closed in on Tasure, threatening to converge on her at once. Then, suddenly, they stopped short just in case she decided to erect that energy shield again, delaying the attack until after she let down again.
    An internal energy feint!? The level of ki control needed to do perform technique was far beyond what most fighters could manage. Certainly within her own capabilities, but finding someone who even knew such a technique...

    Tch. Guess I should've give her more credit. There's a damn good reason the three actually deigned to train her.

    Her ki did not react automatically as it did before, allowing Avoca to press the attack... with a great deal of success. Such a technique was difficult and draining to use, but also immensely difficult to counter for some reliant on ki to sense an opponent. The chromatic ki clones also made it damn near impossible to track through mere eyesight. As such, Tasure, for a time, was on the back foot, taking an impressive beating from the younger saiyaness.

    After a while, however, Tasure adjusted. At first, it might have appeared to just be wild flailing, but whenever Avoca struck the Diamond in the Rough, she struck out. However, each counter quickly became more and more accurate as the saiyaness was better able to judge the angle and depth of attack. And, after several exchanges, at long last, Tasure landed a strike... not a particularly hard one, but the point was, it landed.

    It's something my boy would do, but countering just after she hits me seems to work. Not ideal, given that I'm still taking damage, but there's not many options that'll work against this sort of technique...

    Given the fact that she could at least land a few blows here and there now and just the sheer concentration a technique such as this would require of its user, she would need only fend off Avoca for a few minutes longer before the younger saiyaness would have to drop the technique. That knowledge helped her refine her training regimen for Avoca.

    As the two exchanged blows, Tasure began to speak. "Draining, isn't it? You might have taken your skill with that specific technique as far as you can take it... for now. We'll work on your baseline ki control with meditation on our 'off' days. Won't be as big as improvement as practicing a specific technique, but having a better baseline will help with all your techniques." Sort of a universal improvement approach.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •