Page 50 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 1540
  1. #736
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Earth's Kami was nearly taken, yes." Inanna replied. "Vocado's new Guardian was taken, but by one in possession of the Amulet. Not Auroc. Though Sakin has been taking and draining Kami for quite some time." Inanna explained.

    Ah well. It being Sakin pulling on the Proto-Majin's strings was... unexpected, but perhaps not entirely surprising. That rogue Angel had been tugging at the strings for quite some time. As far back as when Inanna had arrived to Earth. That he was perhaps drawing close to his endgame was a tad alarming, but was to be expected. At best they'd been hitting at shadows, and dealing with those errant strands- fallout the God's in their Sandbox. Though in regards to Sihn and his 'hunting', the golden-eyed woman cackled.

    "The Universe will have suffered heat death by the time he gets off of his ass. If one needs something done, they best do it themselves. Which might help explain why what I am now, isn't enough..."

    She smiled, and it was obvious to even her mother the gesture was bordering on malice.

    "The 'True Gods' fucked me. Left this Universe to squalor and rot, as they squabbled over how best to shape their creation's and their aspirations... and by now it's obvious to everyone but themselves, that this mess is not for them to fix; they're corrupt. Absentee. Cowards. Only Shek'hinah, my mother, is free from this... and even as an innocent, she was killed by the indiscretion- manipulated it might've been- of her sister." Inanna stated, before clenching her fist.

    "What's more? Another is on the same trajectory as I am. Genesis, she's called; and she's a step ahead. Ripped the arms from Hammer, and stole Creation from Sihn's gun..." there was also the matter of her alternate self. Though with no leads to follow and no time to follow them she was in something of a bind. "To be perfectly frank, the path I'm on is not enough not for what I need to protect; or for the work that needs doing."

    Inanna unclenched, her fist and her smile lost most of its malice.

    "Work I'm sure you'd enjoy... considering your hand in the last rebellion."
    Lampton thinks, hand caressing the hilt of the sword.

    “Perhaps. But Lampton wants to know: what happens in the end? Are you content to live sealed off from the other universes? Content to let Lampton escape Old Sihn’s justice?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #737
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Lampton thinks, hand caressing the hilt of the sword.

    “Perhaps. But Lampton wants to know: what happens in the end? Are you content to live sealed off from the other universes? Content to let Lampton escape Old Sihn’s justice?”
    "Justice... what an amusing concept." Inanna replied, with a chuckle. "Will being shot up by the Sheriff fix the damage done? No. At best, it'll just make Sihn feel better, like he's done his job. At worst, it impacts literally nothing, and no one. After all, how many are alive to recall what happened. How many remember you? Your death would be a singular whisper, in a cacophony of universal wailing."

    Leaving that to hang in the air for a moment, she considered the question about wherever or not she was content to leave this Universe sealed... and truthfully?

    "No. Among other things. I would meet this... Whis."

    Inanna blinked.

    "So assuming I achieved my end? Shin would not bring you to justice. No... I'd have you strive." The golden-eyed woman chuckled again. "Strive in a manner far more substantial, and beneficial than a bullet between the eyes. How's that sound, Angelic Hermit?"
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #738
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Oggod disappeared, incinerated by his Kamehameha. If the invader had been able to sense energy, then maybe he would've been able to react in time, but... apparently that skill wasn't as common as Totoma had thought. It was probably pretty likely that the number of people in the Tundra force that actually knew how to sense energy was very, very low.

    Scanning the battlefield, Totoma took particular notice of a clustered group of higher-than-normal powers in the direction Oggod had come from. Somehow, he'd overlooked them, being as focused on the small fry (and Oggod) as he had been. In fact, he could see them right this very moment. They must be the commanders...

    Now, Totoma wasn't a general or commander, but he did know that armies needed someone directing them to function well. Decapitate the leadership and the army would fall apart. Probably. So... best thing to do would be to take down the big guys. Yeah... sounded like a plan.

    Clenching his fists, Totoma began to power up. Gold crept into his hair, and blue-green into his eyes until they had fully changed color. Shortly after, a brilliant golden aura exploded from him as he transformed into a mighty Super Saiyan!



    This was probably overkill, but he felt that it would help the soldiers' morale to see a super saiyan in their midst.

    Locking his gaze on the slain Oggod's group, Totoma's aura flared even more as he tore a path to them through the air... and parts of their army. When he reached them, he stopped, crossing his arms and grinning. "Yo... you must be the guys in charge of this army. Sorry, but I had to put down your dog."
    "...that Saiyan just killed Oggod," one of his contemporaries noted with a mote of disbelief.

    "Hmph," grunted the biggest of them. "The fool didn't fight at full power. A mistake I won't make!"

    "None of us will. Let us fight this mysterious creature together."

    With that, the three remaining lieutenants of Tundra's then dwindling army flew out to meet the incoming Totoma, leaving the lone general behind.

    The previously intimidating and awe-inspiring army that had been laying siege to Ruco was steadily being chipped away at, its numbers steadily falling. Seeing Totoma turn Super Saiyan did exactly what he hoped it would, inspiring the other Saiyans to fight even harder than they had before. Not only did their ferocity increase, but their morale did also. Seeing a Super Saiyan fight by their side was a boon that many didn't think they would receive.

    The three met Totoma and immediately surrounded him. "Hm. You have more power than we thought a Saiyan capable of generating. But now you face Blanko!"

    "Skullos, Lord of the Edge!"

    "And Ohknee! You stand no chance against our combined might!!"

  4. #739
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Justice... what an amusing concept." Inanna replied, with a chuckle. "Will being shot up by the Sheriff fix the damage done? No. At best, it'll just make Sihn feel better, like he's done his job. At worst, it impacts literally nothing, and no one. After all, how many are alive to recall what happened. How many remember you? Your death would be a singular whisper, in a cacophony of universal wailing."

    Leaving that to hang in the air for a moment, she considered the question about wherever or not she was content to leave this Universe sealed... and truthfully?

    "No. Among other things. I would meet this... Whis."

    Inanna blinked.

    "So assuming I achieved my end? Shin would not bring you to justice. No... I'd have you strive." The golden-eyed woman chuckled again. "Strive in a manner far more substantial, and beneficial than a bullet between the eyes. How's that sound, Angelic Hermit?"
    Lampton grips the handle, body shimmering and returning to his Angel form once more.

    “Lampton thinks he likes your offer. Lampton also thinks you have one more mind to change.”

    He nods to behind them. Turning, Sheki’hinah still standing protectively by you, narrows her eyes into the darkness.

    “Sihn.”

    A moment later, gun drawn though held slightly casually at his side, is the acting Supreme Kai. Inanna will notice that Sihn seems...tired. Older, though the gun remains steady.

    “Well, this is not what I thought I’d see. I finally finished hunting Hammer down and thought to tell Sheki’hinah that I had him. Low and behold I teleport to her and here she is, and a name on my very short list now is here too.”

    He looks at Inanna with sad eyes.

    “Hey kid. Been meaning to talk to you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #740
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Ah, so her first instinct was right. With correct timing and the right manipulation of her ki, Avoca could "eat" the energy, restoring her own stamina or powering up. Another simple, but effective technique. And one that she wanted to test the limits of--a sentiment that Avoca seemed to share.

    "Let's see if you can turn that 'might' into a 'can'," said Tasure. Her aura exploded from her and she flew into the air, drawing back her hands into a pose for an attack that Avoca would doubtlessly know--the Galick Gun. Or, as she called it, the Galick Cannon

    Violet energy began seeping into her aura, which became ever more wild and violent, until it had entirely changed color. Bolts of energy shot out in every direction, and the energy began to pool in her hands. Her aura compacted to be almost skin-tight. "Galick Cannon..."

    And then she thrust her hands forward, her aura exploding into a sphere around her as a purple wave of energy shot forth towards Avoca.

    "FIRE!"


    She could have charged it much faster, but had opted to go the... cinematic route, to give Avoca ample time to prepare to 'eat' the attack. And really, even if the younger saiyaness failed, this (probably) wouldn't kill her... just almost kill her--an outcome that would certainly be beneficial to Avoca. No pain, no game, as their people said.
    When the Galick Cannon came barreling her way, Avoca was ready. Even though she had been hoping to have at least a little time to prepare herself -- at least a few days or weeks -- for such a trial, she knew that there was no better time than the present.

    Everything in her field of view was tinted purple. She clenched her fists and prepared herself for one of two things -- either the overwhelming feeling of being filled beyond her limit, or overwhelming pain. Either way, she felt she was ready.

    "Unlimited Eat Works," she said just before the beam was upon her. She opened her mouth, forming a yawning, pitch black hole with no discernible end or bottom in sight. Trying to eat an attack of this magnitude made her realize that she had only eaten small blasts. Generic ones or those energy blades that one elf guy threw at her. Never something like this. It didn't stop. Once it started getting funneled into... wherever her body stored all this shit, it didn't stop. It just kept coming and coming.

    Her concentration was starting to slip when she felt a burning in her throat. Oh shit no! Suddenly, the void stopped, exposing her to the full brunt of the remaining cannon. She was flung back, fully engulfed by the attack, and slid violently across the floor.

    For a long moment, she remained motionless. She was alive, but moving was a real chore and she wasn't about to do any work right then. "Ugh," she moaned, mostly to let Tasure know she was okay.

    She knew exactly why her tech fizzled out. Buffet's body was designed to be able to house nearly unlimited energy. Hers wasn't. While she had been conditioned to hold some, her body just wasn't able to contain that much without burning out. A thing she would rather have learned while training than when it actually mattered.

    She tried to move, but nothing was working. Guess that concludes training for the day. Ugh.

  6. #741
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,838

    Default

    "Meaning to talk to me, mm, Uncle? What ever for." Inanna quips, eyes narrowing before simply sighing slowly and offering the man- and his gun- a shrug. "Well, you're here now. May as well out with it. Try to shoot Lampton before I've had my say however, and that'll be the end of the conversation."

    Her meaning was plain enough.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  7. #742
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Meaning to talk to me, mm, Uncle? What ever for." Inanna quips, eyes narrowing before simply sighing slowly and offering the man- and his gun- a shrug. "Well, you're here now. May as well out with it. Try to shoot Lampton before I've had my say however, and that'll be the end of the conversation."

    Her meaning was plain enough.
    Sihn eyes her, eyes Lampton and Sheki’hinah, then sighs heavily.

    His gun goes back in its holster, and Sihn slumps down by a tree, sitting down.

    “Been meaning to...apologize. I never knew Zurvan had...done what he did. Didn’t know he was quite so....cold.”

    He pulls a small flask out and takes a sip.

    “So let’s talk.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #743
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sihn eyes her, eyes Lampton and Sheki’hinah, then sighs heavily.

    His gun goes back in its holster, and Sihn slumps down by a tree, sitting down.

    “Been meaning to...apologize. I never knew Zurvan had...done what he did. Didn’t know he was quite so....cold.”

    He pulls a small flask out and takes a sip.

    “So let’s talk.”
    "Mm, that's the funny thing about it." Inanna replied somewhat distantly. "I doubt Zurvan sees what he's done as anything short of necessary... as much as Asha'rah saw mortals as little more than curiosities. Created purely to stimulate the creativity within Gods and compel them to create bigger and better things... and therein lies the problem." The woman stated, plainly.

    "Can't well punish them. They wouldn't understand it. Can't even explain why what they did was wrong. I mean fuck, I tried to with Asha'rah; and all she could manage was digging a grave to defend her faulty beliefs." Inanna continued. "So what's to be done about it, mm?"
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #744
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Mm, that's the funny thing about it." Inanna replied somewhat distantly. "I doubt Zurvan sees what he's done as anything short of necessary... as much as Asha'rah saw mortals as little more than curiosities. Created purely to stimulate the creativity within Gods and compel them to create bigger and better things... and therein lies the problem." The woman stated, plainly.

    "Can't well punish him. He wouldn't understand it. Can't even explain why what he did was wrong, he'd simply fall back on the necessity of It. Much the same as Asha'rah failed to comprehend just how wrong she was, when it came to her 'world view'." Inanna continued. "So what's to be done about it, mm?"
    Sihn shrugs.

    “No clue. We....had an argument, and like you said he didn’t seem to..understand. Regardless, my point still remains: he shouldn’t of done it. And I should have known and stopped him. For that I’m sorry. For whatever that’s worth.”

    He closes his eyes , breathes deep, then opens them and stares back at her.

    “What brings you and tourneys mother to Lampton, Inanna?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #745
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sihn shrugs.

    “No clue. We....had an argument, and like you said he didn’t seem to..understand. Regardless, my point still remains: he shouldn’t of done it. And I should have known and stopped him. For that I’m sorry. For whatever that’s worth.”

    He closes his eyes , breathes deep, then opens them and stares back at her.

    “What brings you and tourneys mother to Lampton, Inanna?”
    "What's done is done," Inanna replied simply before answering the reason for coming here.

    "Auroc, and ultimately Sakin. He's after Lampton for what he knows of ascension; and I suppose at the end of the day, I am too. As for Mom? She came along to sate her curiosity, and in the end kept me from getting myself killed." The woman smiled. "Par for the course, really."
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  11. #746
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "What's done is done," Inanna replied simply before answering the reason for coming here.

    "Auroc, and ultimately Sakin. He's after Lampton for what he knows of ascension; and I suppose at the end of the day, I am too. As for Mom? She came along to sate her curiosity, and in the end kept me from getting myself killed." The woman smiled. "Par for the course, really."
    Sheki’hinah waves at Sihn, who snorts and smiles slightly.

    “Ma’am.”

    He nods to her, then looks back at Inanna.

    “And from what I overheard......you want Lampton to live past this moment.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #747
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sheki’hinah waves at Sihn, who snorts and smiles slightly.

    “Ma’am.”

    He nods to her, then looks back at Inanna.

    “And from what I overheard......you want Lampton to live past this moment.”
    "Sure do." Inanna said with a sly smile. "Unless you've a good reason why he shouldn't I'd find his help in the weeks and months to come far more beneficial. Plus... now that I think about it. I could've killed him already. If anything, I've several tricks up my sleeve. Gifts to the Ishtar that was, from Uncle Sihn, and Daddy Dearest."

    Several more besides, but one needed to know when to hold and fold.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  13. #748
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Sure do." Inanna said with a sly smile. "Unless you've a good reason why he shouldn't I'd find his help in the weeks and months to come far more beneficial. Plus... now that I think about it. I could've killed him already. If anything, I've several tricks up my sleeve. Gifts to the Ishtar that was, from Uncle Sihn, and Daddy Dearest."

    Several more besides, but one needed to know when to hold and fold.
    Lampton raises an eyebrow at this, but stays silent.

    Sihn looks over, eyeing the Angel, then back at Inanna.

    “Sure. I’ll leave him to you then, niece. I’ll work something out with the big guys when the time comes.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #749
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Lampton raises an eyebrow at this, but stays silent.

    Sihn looks over, eyeing the Angel, then back at Inanna.

    “Sure. I’ll leave him to you then, niece. I’ll work something out with the big guys when the time comes.”
    "Send them my way," Inanna replied. "I'll sort the 'big guys out.. and maybe take a break, while you're at it. Hardly look good at the moment."
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  15. #750
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Send them my way," Inanna replied. "I'll sort the 'big guys out.. and maybe take a break, while you're at it. Hardly look good at the moment."
    He smirks a bit.

    “Wouldn’t be fair to ‘em.”

    He stands up and stretches, back popping.

    “Just getting old. Not naturally long lived like you lot. Don’t quite seem to bounce back as easy either, and Hammer put me through the ringer. Damn Namekians and their regent and stretchy limbs.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •