Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Mhm, yes... ribbeting." Inanna responded, having not at all given the new Toadian her attention. Well, her full attention. She'd certainly heard what Frogspierre had to say. But hearing and caring were only occasional bedfellows.

"I mean most weapons don't talk. I assume there's some entity or other living in the weapon. Destroying it, destroys them. Fairly tangible threat then, me liquifying its house."

Inanna then shrugged her shoulders.

"I also don't need whatever this... art is. I am quite capable with a sword. Having the totality of a civilizations martial knowledge, and prowess at my disposal." Inanna explained. "I am largely just curious, considering this thing's claim." The Oni took the sword and stabbed it into the Lookout, before leaning on it.

"More importantly, how do you know He Who Avoids Sexy Women?"
    On A Planet Far, Far, Away: Navada
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Nevadian stood in front of his desk, his trio of spears hanging on the wall behind him, held above the wall by an ornate display. They were reduced to decorations, trophies...But ready to be plucked from their resting place and thrust into battle at a moments notice.

Infront of his stood several spectral images, holograms, of various leaders and persons of influence.

"Yes, I understand that those markets are unsanctioned, and agree that the possibility of something untoward happening is not by any means remote." Held replied with a sigh, pacing, "But my mandate is the Nevada reclamation project, as you are well aware. My first priority is to explore our homeworld proper."

He rubbed his temples, the conversation going around in circles. "There are other admirals, other departments, who are better equipped, and better experienced with such matters."

The older image laughed, bitterly.

"More experienced then your men, perhaps." He replied between chuckles, "But not many as experienced as yourself, Admiral Debon."

"Yes, but a man is only as strong as his weakest link." Held replied, knowing full well what would follow next.

"Then go by yourself? After all, surely a Shingan with as much insight as you have been blessed with, would make this a trivial matter." He interjected.

"You give me too much credit." Held replied politely, his body and mind wishing to be anywhere but here, "But I cannot simply overtake protocol for the designated forces, let alone walk into Merchant--'

"Guild Business." A gruff, muscular female, towering over the others, cut to the point, "We all know you're a member of the Merchant Guild. At the level they're fellating you, you can probably walk into whatever you want, and they'd cheer and applaud."

Her sneer cut through the---

"ACHOOO!"

"I don't know why Nero promoted you." she continued, nonplussed, "All hype. All flash. Then again, I can't expect a Unicorn jockey to be much better than that..."

Even separated by physical bodies, and great distance, Held could sense the silent agreement of those assembled. Not that it mattered. They would have opposed him no matter what he did.

"I will reserve judgement, unlike my Honorable Lady from the Clan of Behemoths." The elder replied, "But I'd atleast have thought that Firebird Brat to be less of a fo--"

"ACHOO!"

An uneasy silence lingered in the air.

"My apologies." The Nevadian replied, bowing slightly, "I seem to be a bit under the weather..."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EARTH

Frogspierre had--for the briefest of moments--considered answering her question tactfully. The truth of their encounter would no doubt rise her ire, if he were to disclose it. A more...prudent...being might have shied away from the truth.

Like a coward. This being was no coward. His mission was just, his heart pure, his blade true.

"I came here to bring him to justice for his crimes." Frogspierre replied simply, "...However, I have come to consider that he was merely a dumb, unfortunate tool, and a link to the vengeance I truly seek...."

He shifted his head to the right, as he continued examining the sword, "You may say we have a working relationship."

So she is a swordsman as well...I suppose between her and that blade, it was only natural I found my way here...

"I await his re---" He paused, "He Who does what?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 04-06-2020 at 01:30 PM.