Page 247 of 371 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He cocks his head.

“Perhaps. To instigate the ritual is difficult. Lampton believes Inanna’s succeeded because the donated energy. Otherwise, one requires a certain level already obtained before ascending, on top of five pure hearted members of ones race.”
    "So, training is involved? Not an issue." His remark about five pure-hearted members of her race coaxed a raised eyebrow. While her race wasn't what many would consider pure, some that fit the bill did exist.

Sarada.

Pinach.

Avoca.

Tasure.

Tasure's Son.

That was five right there. She was sure there were more, but she had a feeling that they also had to be of a certain level.

"I'm assuming the five must also be sufficiently powerful. If so, we will be ready in a few years, I suppose." She rubbed her hands together. Transcendental power was just on the horizon for herself, Sarada, and whoever else wanted to undergo the ascension. It opened up an entirely new branch of avenues for them.

"So, this transcended state... what does it offer as a baseline? Disregarding racial specifics."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lampton smirks a bit.

“Lampton is flattered. Lampton has not had a student in many years. Perhaps you think you’ll suffice as one, and maybe that is so. Lampton wonders if Inanna understands what she asks.”
    Inanna grinned.

"I doubt I'll suffice, and I'll admit there are some things I've yet to fully understand about Gods," Inanna conceded. "I could barely stand against She Who Stalks, and killing Stine would apparently result in serious repercussions... all the same. To see my own plans through to fruition, I need you as a teacher all the same."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "So, training is involved? Not an issue." His remark about five pure-hearted members of her race coaxed a raised eyebrow. While her race wasn't what many would consider pure, some that fit the bill did exist.

Sarada.

Pinach.

Avoca.

Tasure.

Tasure's Son.

That was five right there. She was sure there were more, but she had a feeling that they also had to be of a certain level.

"I'm assuming the five must also be sufficiently powerful. If so, we will be ready in a few years, I suppose." She rubbed her hands together. Transcendental power was just on the horizon for herself, Sarada, and whoever else wanted to undergo the ascension. It opened up an entirely new branch of avenues for them.

"So, this transcended state... what does it offer as a baseline? Disregarding racial specifics."
    "He did specify pure of heart," Inanna noted. "Might need to reassess."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "He did specify pure of heart," Inanna noted. "Might need to reassess."
    "I heard him," Parsley answered. "Saying that implies you don't think there are any, which would be wrong."

She held up five fingers and counted off. "Sarada, Avoca, Tasure, her son, Pinach. There are a few more, but those are beat suited for this."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I heard him," Parsley answered. "Saying that implies you don't think there are any, which would be wrong."

She held up five fingers and counted off. "Sarada, Avoca, Tasure, her son, Pinach. There are a few more, but those are beat suited for this."
    Inanna cackled. "Whatever you say, killer."

Arx Inosaan

Inanna cackled. "Whatever you say, killer."
    Parsley rolled her eyes, then smirked. "What's the matter? Scared? We both know I'd make a better god than you would, so I can understand your fear."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley rolled her eyes, then smirked. "What's the matter? Scared? We both know I'd make a better god than you would, so I can understand your fear."
    "A fact I'd concede without question," Inanna replied with a smile. "At the end of the day, I just want to be myself. Not some God, or Monster... just... Inanna."

The woman sighed.

"That I am those things now, was never by choice; but it's what I have to work with."

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Sarada.

Pinach.

Avoca.

Tasure.

Tasure's Son.

“Hmm, power superior to the Super Saiyan 3 form. Of course, you cannot obtain this level yet. The ritual would kill you. Lampton thinks you require more training to master your Saiyan forms first.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Inanna grinned.

"I doubt I'll suffice, and I'll admit there are some things I've yet to fully understand about Gods," Inanna conceded. "I could barely stand against She Who Stalks, and killing Stine would apparently result in serious repercussions... all the same. To see my own plans through to fruition, I need you as a teacher all the same."
    Lampton nods.

“Lampton will teach you. But not yet. You are not there yet. Lampton will teach you to find your god-ki, Inanna. Your truth. But he cannot do so now. You just first master your new capabilities. You must first grow strong in your current form and power. Because Lampton promises you, if you are not ready for my training, you’ll die.”

He looks her up and down.

“Lampton thinks one year. One year of mastering yourself and you’ll be ready to be Lampton’s student.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"A fact I'd concede without question," Inanna replied with a smile. "At the end of the day, I just want to be myself. Not some God, or Monster... just... Inanna."

The woman sighed.

"That I am those things now, was never by choice; but it's what I have to work with."
    Parsley felt her smirk grow into a genuine smile. "That you can even choose what you want to be despite what you've been given to work with proves you're on the right path." Ishtar's unfortunate fate as nothing more than Zurvan's puppet, carried hither and thither on his whim to unlock the secrets of the universe that no one person should have ever been privy and suffer pain no person should have ever experienced, was a cautionary tale she took to heart.

"Whatever you end up becoming... as the very least we will know it was of your own volition."

“Hmm, power superior to the Super Saiyan 3 form. Of course, you cannot obtain this level yet. The ritual would kill you. Lampton thinks you require more training to master your Saiyan forms first.”
    That sounded like she needed to learn SSJ3, a thing she had no intention of doing. Sir Kakarot's and Kakarot's displays of power in the form were raw, visceral, and highly a̶r̶o̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ impressive, but the power drain the form created left it with much to be desired. It sounded like she had no choice.

If nothing else, it would make for a nice ace-in-the-hole, a final trump card should all else have failed.

"Very well. Once I tell my sister and all the others of this form and its requirements, we'll get to training." With Genesis on the horizon, their training wouldn't just be for the sake of earning more power. With a purpose, the gains would be far greater.

"When we master our other two forms, we'll return. By that point, we should be powerful enough."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley felt her smirk grow into a genuine smile. "That you can even choose what you want to be despite what you've been given to work with proves you're on the right path." Ishtar's unfortunate fate as nothing more than Zurvan's puppet, carried hither and thither on his whim to unlock the secrets of the universe that no one person should have ever been privy and suffer pain no person should have ever experienced, was a cautionary tale she took to heart.

"Whatever you end up becoming... as the very least we will know it was of your own volition."

That sounded like she needed to learn SSJ3, a thing she had no intention of doing. Sir Kakarot's and Kakarot's displays of power in the form were raw, visceral, and highly a̶r̶o̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ impressive, but the power drain the form created left it with much to be desired. It sounded like she had no choice.

If nothing else, it would make for a nice ace-in-the-hole, a final trump card should all else have failed.

"Very well. Once I tell my sister and all the others of this form and its requirements, we'll get to training." With Genesis on the horizon, their training wouldn't just be for the sake of earning more power. With a purpose, the gains would be far greater.

"When we master our other two forms, we'll return. By that point, we should be powerful enough."
    Lampton nods.

“Lampton wishes you well and good luck, Princess. He’ll eagerly await your...potential ascension.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lampton nods.

“Lampton will teach you. But not yet. You are not there yet. Lampton will teach you to find your god-ki, Inanna. Your truth. But he cannot do so now. You just first master your new capabilities. You must first grow strong in your current form and power. Because Lampton promises you, if you are not ready for my training, you’ll die.”

He looks her up and down.

“Lampton thinks one year. One year of mastering yourself and you’ll be ready to be Lampton’s student.”
    Inanna frowned.

"Odds of surviving the next year as I am now are... slim." But as with all the other **** that had fallen into her lap... the woman sighed. "I guess I'll have to work with it, and hope for the best."

Arx Inosaan

Inanna frowned.

"Odds of surviving the next year as I am now are... slim." But as with all the other **** that had fallen into her lap... the woman sighed. "I guess I'll have to work with it, and hope for the best."
    He taps his chin.

“Hmm.......tell me what you face.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lampton nods.

“Lampton wishes you well and good luck, Princess. He’ll eagerly await your...potential ascension.”
    Parsley nodded and bowed. "I look forward to see you again, in the future, Lampton. It was a pleasure."

With that said, she backed away and waited for Inanna to conclude her conversation with him so they could depart. There was merely one final stop for the day before they could return to the others in Reshlan. With hope, Maiz was there waiting for her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He taps his chin.

“Hmm.......tell me what you face.”
    "Genesis, and the Ulthan are foremost. Of which my alternate version self, is a member. Specifically drafted with my death in mind, I presume." Inanna replied. "She Who Stalks, and depending, the Vampire GoD as well."

To say nothing of the others.

"I have made quite a few enemies."

Arx Inosaan