Page 57 of 371 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hey, what's going on!"

"HELP!"

"AAAAAAAAAH!!"

The helpless soldiers were tossed about like toys pitched away by a bored child. They slammed into the ground hard enough to crack ribs and break bones. Soft groans showed that they were still alive, but they were in no position to do anything.

Pinach sprinted into the building. "Everyone! Please, head down the street and hide in the fight club under McDonald's! Hurry, I'll protect you!"

The crowd of nine people weren't Saiyans. In fact, only one of them had any Saiyan blood in them at all. Most were aliens of some sort, but one was a human. The story of how humans came to be on a Saiyan world light years from Earth and why they decided to stay was interesting, but also completely irrelevant. "Thanks, Your Highness," that human said.

He did exactly as he promised, leading them from piece of debris to piece of debris to keep them from being spotted by the soldiers, who were being harassed by Dash and Erosa. It wasn't until the coast was truly clear that he let them continue the rest of the way by themselves and ducked inside the next building to save the four people in there.

"What the hell is going on?!" shouted several of the soldiers as they closed in on the source of the sudden tornado.
    As the wave of attackers approached, there was a sudden violently tearing sound and a shrill howl of pain from the rear.

The upper half of the soldier bringing up the rear was still airborn when the closest of his fellows turned back in surprise, while his lower half cartwheeled several feet before slamming into a wall with a sickening crunch. Even before they could train their weapons, another head was cleave from his shoulders, then another struck with enough force to smash everything in its chest cavity...flinging their body through several of his fellow invaders. An invisible attacker danced among her prey, delivering quick and deadly strikes to their rear, their flanks, anywhere their attention wasn't focused. Sewing Chaos and Fear among their ranks as their numbers dwindled.

Perhaps staring intensely during an active battle where there was only one other person to cover for her -- and that person was currently writing in pain some distance away -- wasn't the best idea. If she wasn't sure, the pain in her side certainly confirmed it. "Aaagh!" She managed to stay airborne, and narrowed her eyes. "All the grains of sand are infused with its energy," she told Sarada when she recovered and joined her in the air. "I should be able to drain it by touching the ground."

"Then do that. I'll cover you." With only a nod of confirmation from Parsley, Sarada charged ahead to face the sand elemental head on. Fists charged with ki, she let her finger glide across the ground before moving to unleash an unrelenting volley of punches and kicks on the elemental.
    Gaineamh blocked each with relative ease, each 'direct' hit managing to merely glass the surface of its body before the Elemental simply returned the glass to sand... seeming to get a feel for the pattern of Sarada's blows during their exchange however; a feint was offered and a counter levied on the next kick as the sand-Elemental caught the Saiyan queen's leg... and proceeded to punch her in the Dicchio.

Well aware that there was a second opponent however, the Elemental was very careful not to remain in one place for very long. The shifting sands and ever-shifting energy signature likewise making it a struggle for Parsley to properly 'pin' it down.

Though the more she watched the Elemental, the more she understood that its strength was not in how strong it was... but by the fact that it didn't possess a solid form. A thing perhaps, she could change.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Gaineamh blocked each with relative ease, each 'direct' hit managing to merely glass the surface of its body before the Elemental simply returned the glass to sand... seeming to get a feel for the pattern of Sarada's blows during their exchange however; a feint was offered and a counter levied on the next kick as the sand-Elemental caught the Saiyan queen's leg... and proceeded to punch her in the Dicchio.

Well aware that there was a second opponent however, the Elemental was very careful not to remain in one place for very long. The shifting sands and ever-shifting energy signature likewise making it a struggle for Parsley to properly 'pin' it down.

Though the more she watched the Elemental, the more she understood that its strength was not in how strong it was... but by the fact that it didn't possess a solid form. A thing perhaps, she could change.
    "Oh gods, my ovaries!" Sarada screamed as she collapsed to the ground, clutching her groin and writhing in utter agony. "Why.... why..."

Parsley understood. Not Sarada's pain. No, she didn't understand that and hopefully never would. What she finally understood was the strength of this creature. It wasn't that it was overly powerful, even though it was to a degree. Its strength lied in the fact that it was bereft of a physical form. Its current form was ever shifting, allowing it to mitigate damage and remove glassed portions of itself in exchange for new ones. As it stood, unless they changed that, they would literally exhaust themselves before making a scratch.

Very well.

Parsley removed a knife from a sheath on her boot and took off one of her gloves. Her training during the latter stages of Sarada's pregnancy and beyond wasn't just theory crafting. She was also studying magic with Inanna and Nevanlinna, specifically the former. What she learned was that magic carried with it a wider array of possibilities than Ki did.

Gripping the knife with one hand, she pushed her sleeve up and ran the blade up her arm. "I see now," she spoke as crimson ichor ran down her arm, "how to strip you of your advantage."

Her lifeforce dripped freely to the ground below like a leaking faucet. "Blood for blood and flesh for bone, turn these beastly grains into living stone!"

"...Laaaaaaaaaaame...," Sarada taunted weakly.

Parsley growled. She thought it was cool. Sparks of what looked like lightning jumped from her injured -- but quickly healing arm -- to the creature below, striking it with blood-soaked magic to change it from sand to stone. If that worked, then its advantage would be lost.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    As the wave of attackers approached, there was a sudden violently tearing sound and a shrill howl of pain from the rear.

The upper half of the soldier bringing up the rear was still airborn when the closest of his fellows turned back in surprise, while his lower half cartwheeled several feet before slamming into a wall with a sickening crunch. Even before they could train their weapons, another head was cleave from his shoulders, then another struck with enough force to smash everything in its chest cavity...flinging their body through several of his fellow invaders. An invisible attacker danced among her prey, delivering quick and deadly strikes to their rear, their flanks, anywhere their attention wasn't focused. Sewing Chaos and Fear among their ranks as their numbers dwindled.
    Slowing down her attack, Dash could see the path cleared enough for Pinach to rescue more citizens. Instead of wide-range devastation, she switched to picking out any soldiers that got too close to the Saiyan Princeling. Either though knocking them out, or stunning them with a jolt of electricity. She'll leave the bloodshed to Erosa for now.

Though still invisible, she could see the timer on her watch counting down the minutes until it needed to recharge. "If that happens before the kid get them to safety," she thought to herself, "Ah'll have to take a more direct approach."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Slowing down her attack, Dash could see the path cleared enough for Pinach to rescue more citizens. Instead of wide-range devastation, she switched to picking out any soldiers that got too close to the Saiyan Princeling. Either though knocking them out, or stunning them with a jolt of electricity. She'll leave the bloodshed to Erosa for now.

Though still invisible, she could see the timer on her watch counting down the minutes until it needed to recharge. "If that happens before the kid get them to safety," she thought to herself, "Ah'll have to take a more direct approach."
    The individual efforts of Erosa and Dash slashed heavily into the enemy numbers. Those that were a ways off were absolutely flabbergasted when they caught sight of their comrades being sliced and diced apart by seemingly nothing. "I don't understand," one murmured. "I'm not picking anything up on my scouter!"

"I've heard rumors that it's possible to hide your power level to the point that it's undetectable to scouters," another said. "Damn it! These things are useless!"

"I just got word from Daroga. He and Letchee be here in another hour."

"Oh good. I--"

"Hey, we've breached this one!!"

The final building, the closest to McDonald's and safety, finally cracked open. There were only three people inside, Pois, Mais, and Garnish. The two small children started crying in terror while Pois poised herself to take on anyone who entered the breach.

The soldiers smirked and cackled. "Move in. Leave no one standing!" They marched in and started blasting.

Pois immediately erected a shield to protect herself and the children. There was no back exit for them to take. The only way out was through the relatively insurmountable invaders. "Just stay down. I'll protect you," she said softly and soothingly. Her gentle, steady voice seemed to calm them down somewhat, but they were still unable to do anything but huddle together.

She smiled at them, but it was false. She could hear cracks forming in her shield.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The individual efforts of Erosa and Dash slashed heavily into the enemy numbers. Those that were a ways off were absolutely flabbergasted when they caught sight of their comrades being sliced and diced apart by seemingly nothing. "I don't understand," one murmured. "I'm not picking anything up on my scouter!"

"I've heard rumors that it's possible to hide your power level to the point that it's undetectable to scouters," another said. "Damn it! These things are useless!"

"I just got word from Daroga. He and Letchee be here in another hour."

"Oh good. I--"

"Hey, we've breached this one!!"

The final building, the closest to McDonald's and safety, finally cracked open. There were only three people inside, Pois, Mais, and Garnish. The two small children started crying in terror while Pois poised herself to take on anyone who entered the breach.

The soldiers smirked and cackled. "Move in. Leave no one standing!" They marched in and started blasting.

Pois immediately erected a shield to protect herself and the children. There was no back exit for them to take. The only way out was through the relatively insurmountable invaders. "Just stay down. I'll protect you," she said softly and soothingly. Her gentle, steady voice seemed to calm them down somewhat, but they were still unable to do anything but huddle together.

She smiled at them, but it was false. She could hear cracks forming in her shield.
    A voice speaks to Pois, "Go now, get the kids out of here. Follow Pinach, an don't look back."

As the soldiers moved in, a blinding flash of light (Solar Storm), greats them as they approach the building. If they regain their sight, they will see Dash, in her Storm armor, her Storm Shield standing between them and the Saiyans.

A voice speaks to Pois, "Go now, get the kids out of here. Follow Pinach, an don't look back."

As the soldiers moved in, a blinding flash of light (Solar Storm), greats them as they approach the building. If they regain their sight, they will see Dash, in her Storm armor, her Storm Shield standing between them and the Saiyans.
    Pois hadn't been expecting anyone to save them, much less someone so powerful. Still, she was hesitant to follow what Dash said until she witnessed the enemies suddenly flailing around, blinded by some bright flash of light.

"Come on, children!" She picked them both up and slung them over her shoulders, then made a break for the opening. Soldiers tried to assault them, but Pinach put an end to them swiftly and without mercy.

"Uncle Pinach!" Mais cheered when he saw the young hero.

"Is Mommy here?" his sister asked.

"Um, no." Parsley must have sent them here when that guy's invasion began on Vocado! Them being there presented a big problem. He knew that the safest place at the moment for them was inside that bunker, but he also knew that Parsley and Avoca would want their children somewhere where they knew they were safe. Damn it, I don't have time to decide. "Follow me."

Word quickly got out that there were more interlopers battling the army on the ground. Dozens of other soldiers broke off from the ranks to engage them. Pinach paid them no mind, hoping that Erosa was able to watch his back while he got his niece and nephew to safety.

The soldiers recovered from Dash's blinding light attack, only to find that the Saiyans were gone. "Damn you!" one of them snarled. "Open fire, men!"

In unison, they unleashed hell on Dash, with both blasters and generic energy blasts.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 04-03-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Pois hadn't been expecting anyone to save them, much less someone so powerful. Still, she was hesitant to follow what Dash said until she witnessed the enemies suddenly flailing around, blinded by some bright flash of light.

"Come on, children!" She picked them both up and slung them over her shoulders, then made a break for the opening. Soldiers tried to assault them, but Pinach put an end to them swiftly and without mercy.

"Um, no." Parsley must have sent them here when that guy's invasion began on Vocado! Them being there presented a big problem. He knew that the safest place at the moment for them was inside that bunker, but he also knew that Parsley and Avoca would want their children somewhere where they knew they were safe. Damn it, I don't have time to decide. "Follow me."

Word quickly got out that there were more interlopers battling the army on the ground. Dozens of other soldiers broke off from the ranks to engage them. Pinach paid them no mind, hoping that Erosa was able to watch his back while he got his niece and nephew to safety.

The soldiers recovered from Dash's blinding light attack, only to find that the Saiyans were gone. "Damn you!" one of them snarled. "Open fire, men!"

In unison, they unleashed hell on Dash, with both blasters and generic energy blasts.
    Dash's Storm Shield bought her the moment needed to get moving. Moving at high speed, speed enhanced by the Storm Armor. Moving straight at the soldiers, dodging their attacks. As she plows through them, Sonic Blast blows those nearest her off their feet, while her enhanced lightening/electrically charged ki-aura (Pegasus Summons Lightening) sends out a storm of electrical attacks.

Dash pushed herself to move fast, faster than she had before, dodging, and weaving, and plowing her way through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    The nine-toothed rake returned to its bangle form, and Totoma turned to face Skullos. It seems he really did live up to his title 'lord of edge', but in a way that was, uh... metaphorical or whatever. More importantly, it seems like he'd overestimated these three.

"I do fashion myself a hero," he said, crossing his arms. "This universe is one where the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. I may not be the strongest there is, but I'm sure as hell stronger than you. And what I will is to strike down those would inflict pain and suffering upon those just trying to live their lives in peace!"

With that, his aura flared, and Totoma shot at Skullos, aiming a vicious kick at the edgelord's stomach.

Totoma's kick landed with such force that it pulverized whatever internal organs that Skullos had. It also fractured his spine. He was a step from death, but still had it within him to speak. "A hero," he spat. Literally, black bile flew from his mouth with each word. "The world's righteous savior. Ever willing to protect the masses, even at the cost of your own soul. Tell me, hero. How many lives have you taken in the name of this so-called justice? A hundred? A thousand? How many is too many if it means protecting those who can't protect themselves?"

Totoma was practically covered from the torso up in black bile.

"Heh. Face it, hero. You and me, we're no different. The only thing that might separate us is motive. Me, I kill innocent people because it's fun. You, you kill those you threaten innocent people because it's the right thing to do." He shook his head in disgust. "One day you'll realize, that we're one and the same." He started to slump over, having lost too much blood (all over Totoma). "One day... you'll realize... that in the end, it doesn't even matter."

He fell out of the air and back into the water, his power fading from existence.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Dash's Storm Shield bought her the moment needed to get moving. Moving at high speed, speed enhanced by the Storm Armor. Moving straight at the soldiers, dodging their attacks. As she plows through them, Sonic Blast blows those nearest her off their feet, while her enhanced lightening/electrically charged ki-aura (Pegasus Summons Lightening) sends out a storm of electrical attacks.

Dash pushed herself to move fast, faster than she had before, dodging, and weaving, and plowing her way through them.
    Like a bull in a china shop, Dash wreaked havoc on the hapless soldiers. They were bowled over with ease by her vastly superior speed, unable to so much as think about mounting a defense. Before long, there was only one soldier left out of the near five dozen that had been there before.

Credit where it was due, she didn't tremble in the face of certain defeat. "I don't know what you are or how you got here," he said, "but you won't be interfering for long. Lord Tundra's most powerful loyalists are on their way here as I speak, and they'll make mincemeat out of the lot of you!" With that, he raised his blaster and opened fire.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Like a bull in a china shop, Dash wreaked havoc on the hapless soldiers. They were bowled over with ease by her vastly superior speed, unable to so much as think about mounting a defense. Before long, there was only one soldier left out of the near five dozen that had been there before.

Credit where it was due, she didn't tremble in the face of certain defeat. "I don't know what you are or how you got here," he said, "but you won't be interfering for long. Lord Tundra's most powerful loyalists are on their way here as I speak, and they'll make mincemeat out of the lot of you!" With that, he raised his blaster and opened fire.
    With that, Dash used her speed and martial arts skills to quickly evade the blast and disarm the soldier. Sending a surge of electricity through the blaster, she burnt it out, melting part of it as she did. Throwing it away, She spoke to the Soldier, "How long? How long before these elites get here?"

With that, Dash used her speed and martial arts skills to quickly evade the blast and disarm the soldier. Sending a surge of electricity through the blaster, she burnt it out, melting part of it as she did. Throwing it away, She spoke to the Soldier, "How long? How long before these elites get here?"
    Disarmed, he had no choice but to go along with her line of questioning. "How long? Less than an hour." He chuckled to himself. "Less than one hour until you taste death. Cherish these few moments of victory, creature, because they're your last."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Disarmed, he had no choice but to go along with her line of questioning. "How long? Less than an hour." He chuckled to himself. "Less than one hour until you taste death. Cherish these few moments of victory, creature, because they're your last."
    With a well placed punch, Dash knocked the soldier out cold. She then took to the air, but stayed low to the ground, flying fast to the safe house Pinach had taken the civilians.

Landing nearby, she looked aroudn to make sure there were no soldiers left standing, and also to make sure Pinach made it safely there with the last three.

OOC: I can wait to see what Erosa was doing, will do, before entering the building.

Retired Overlord

And watch it she did.

Just below the approaching wave of fighters, a beam of ki cut upwards through the air...slicing through several of the attackers. On the ground, Erosa was now visible, and with gusto she spun around and slapped her behind in a mocking fashion. "Gao! C'mon C'mon....Dum Dums wanna fight then step up." She spun back around, took in a deep breath and firing another high powered ki beam from her mouth...specifically aiming for anyone stupid enough to ignore her. At this point it was better to have all their attention on her so the others could get away.

"Oh gods, my ovaries!" Sarada screamed as she collapsed to the ground, clutching her groin and writhing in utter agony. "Why.... why..."
    "Because it worked," was the short response.

Parsley understood. Not Sarada's pain. No, she didn't understand that and hopefully never would. What she finally understood was the strength of this creature. It wasn't that it was overly powerful, even though it was to a degree. Its strength lied in the fact that it was bereft of a physical form. Its current form was ever shifting, allowing it to mitigate damage and remove glassed portions of itself in exchange for new ones. As it stood, unless they changed that, they would literally exhaust themselves before making a scratch.

Very well.

Parsley removed a knife from a sheath on her boot and took off one of her gloves. Her training during the latter stages of Sarada's pregnancy and beyond wasn't just theory crafting. She was also studying magic with Inanna and Nevanlinna, specifically the former. What she learned was that magic carried with it a wider array of possibilities than Ki did.

Gripping the knife with one hand, she pushed her sleeve up and ran the blade up her arm. "I see now," she spoke as crimson ichor ran down her arm, "how to strip you of your advantage."

Her lifeforce dripped freely to the ground below like a leaking faucet. "Blood for blood and flesh for bone, turn these beastly grains into living stone!"

"...Laaaaaaaaaaame...," Sarada taunted weakly.

Parsley growled. She thought it was cool. Sparks of what looked like lightning jumped from her injured -- but quickly healing arm -- to the creature below, striking it with blood-soaked magic to change it from sand to stone. If that worked, then its advantage would be lost.
    There was a reason Inanna spent a considerable amount of time and effort developing voiceless spell-weaving... and yet Inanna would have been so proud seeing a Saiyan of all things manage what Parsley now did; and it certainly worked. The Elemental found its particulate matter beginning to coalesce and solidify; and before long it was wholly solid.

"How curious... the mortal has been learning."

Seemingly unperturbed by its newfound solidity the Sand Elemental was swift to close in on the Spell-Slinging Saiyan; offering a flurry of now stony blows. What Parsley might realize now however, could pose problematic. That it was stone meant it was localized, but incapacitating it without turning the stone to sand would strip away that advantage.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan