Page 20 of 371 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Pinach noticed the Knights turning their attention their way. Whatever these people stole must have been important if they were going through all this trouble to get away with it. He noticed that Rutaba was catching up and was grateful. He was going to need all the help he could get.

"Stop, you thieves!" he shouted as he thrust his hands forward. Razor thin strands of ki shot out of his fingers and flew toward the egg the priestess was carrying, intending to wrap around them so he could take it back.
    A beam of energy lances out and punches through Pinach’s leg, cutting through the energy webs he was forming and his armor like butter.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A beam of energy lances out and punches through Pinach’s leg, cutting through the energy webs he was forming and his armor like butter.
    "AAARRRGH!" Pinach nearly fell out of the sky before Rutaba caught him and helped him to the ground.

"Are you okay?" She saw the hole in his leg after she asked and immediately regretted asking. "We should fall back. These guys are way too powerful for us."

He didn't want to give up. That was the coward's way, and he wasn't a coward! But with his leg hurt like this, he was more than a liability than a help. And as much as he didn't want to admit it, she was right. They were too strong for them. "Grr! Oh, fine. We have to get back to Ruco before it's too late." She helped him to his feet and into the air. "Tasure and the others will just have to handle it."

She started to head back for the palace where they first arrived, stopping along the way to pick up Parsley.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"AAARRRGH!" Pinach nearly fell out of the sky before Rutaba caught him and helped him to the ground.

"Are you okay?" She saw the hole in his leg after she asked and immediately regretted asking. "We should fall back. These guys are way too powerful for us."

He didn't want to give up. That was the coward's way, and he wasn't a coward! But with his leg hurt like this, he was more than a liability than a help. And as much as he didn't want to admit it, she was right. They were too strong for them. "Grr! Oh, fine. We have to get back to Ruco before it's too late." She helped him to his feet and into the air. "Tasure and the others will just have to handle it."

She started to head back for the palace where they first arrived, stopping along the way to pick up Parsley.
    The Knights seem more intent on getting everyone else to the portal and providing protection to the Egg.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A moment, then the Knight rips the helmet off and black smoke and liquid points from his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. After a few moments, whatever effect Auroc had on him is expelled and the Knight falls to his knees, breathing hard.

“Lady.......Inanna. My thanks.”

Up close the Knight is....middle aged. Older than any Threshling Inanna has seen before. Grey at his temples and white running through his dark hair, and a few wrinkles at his eyes and mouth indicating even Threshling healing cannot stave off aging forever.

“My mind...it’s free. After....centuries....”

His hands clench, and a fierce white glow fills his eyes. Without the helmet, Inanna can sense the Knight is incredibly strong.

The first thing Inanna notes, is the Knight's comment about how long he'd been a thrall. The second thing she notes, is how much older he looks than she'd expected; and the third thing?

"Have to say... not bad..." looking, that is. Definitely a real rugged, Strider type. "But don't thank me. I do so hate indoctrination." Seeing that the man- after violently dispelling the possession vomit- was no longer a threat though, the pool of liquid metal in her hand began to take shape of the once enthralled Knight's blade.

And when it fully materialized...

Very bright was that sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it, and the light of the moon shone cold, and its edge was hard and keen.
    "I've made some modifications... much more durable. With a teensy bit of my own power. Quite good against regeneration. Call it..." the golden-eyed woman trailed off, before chuckling an unspoken joke.

"Elenathcrist, Heaven's Cleaver."

Handing it over she then said.

"I've got my work cut out for me, now that my wife is safe... there's many more like you in need of freeing. To say nothing of the Priestesses attempting to ferret away Auroc's egg. Want to see about stopping that with me... er?"

Inanna blinked. She'd not stopped to ask his name. "A Knight needs a name, surely yoh have one?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The first thing Inanna notes, is the Knight's comment about how long he'd been a thrall. The second thing she notes, is how much older he looks than she'd expected; and the third thing?

"Have to say... not bad..." looking, that is. Definitely a real rugged, Strider type. "But don't thank me. I do so hate indoctrination." Seeing that the man- after violently dispelling the possession vomit- was no longer a threat though, the pool of liquid metal in her hand began to take shape of the once enthralled Knight's blade.

And when it fully materialized...

"I've made some modifications... much more durable. With a teensy bit of my own power. Quite good against regeneration. Call it..." the golden-eyed woman trailed off, before chuckling an unspoken joke.

"Elenathcrist, Heaven's Cleaver."

Handing it over she then said.

"I've got my work cut out for me, now that my wife is safe... there's many more like you in need of freeing. To say nothing of the Priestesses attempting to ferret away Auroc's egg. Want to see about stopping that with me... er?"

Inanna blinked. She'd not stopped to ask his name. "A Knight needs a name, surely yoh have one?"
    He bows and takes the blade.

“My name is Sir Nei K’lot, High Commander of the Queensguard.”

He stands and looks at the retreating Threshlings.

“We have but moments, mi’lady, and many Knights, both enthralled and willing, stand between us and them. If you can free them, then I shall disable them and perhaps we can bring that curr to justice before he flees.”

A bright warm silver aura springs around him.

“And even if he does, he has made a terrible mistake in letting me free. I will stop at nothing to free my Queen, and I am one of the few that know the actual coordinates to Reshlan.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: Psst, Cleric. Should I go ahead and assume Lantro beat the Knight he was fighting lol?

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    OOC: Psst, Cleric. Should I go ahead and assume Lantro beat the Knight he was fighting lol?
    OT:

Apologies!

IC:

The Knight Lantro is facing looks rough, but with a sudden blur of speed, backhands Lantro and then blasts off towards the retreating Threshlings as if called.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Queensguard, hm?" Inanna muttered. "Need to get me one of those." Though he had a point, Sir Nei K'lot. Auroc had done a great job filling the planet with Zealots; and while Inanna wasn't at all sure she could fix that... she could try. So with a nod, she sucked in a breath and buried her claws in her side.

"Mmn... has to be a smoother way to do this. Maybe I'll figure that out when this is all said and done." Fresh blood drawn to be offered, the golden-eyed woman smeared it on her hands before beginning to draw a latticework of runes on the surface of Vocado itself.

"I'll do what I can to clear a path, and my friends are surely doing the same. You focus on stopping the Priestesses... or at the very least grabbing one for questioning."

Leaving Nei K'lot to it, Inanna began chanting.

"I offer this blood, in my hour of need..."

OT: Inanna is attempting to repeat the effects of the Aper's Riposte that freed Nei K'lot, through the use of Blood Magic... on a much larger scale. I leave the spell's effectiveness in the hands of Cleric.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Queensguard, hm?" Inanna muttered. "Need to get me one of those." Though he had a point, Sir Nei K'lot. Auroc had done a great job filling the planet with Zealots; and while Inanna wasn't at all sure she could fix that... she could try. So with a nod, she sucked in a breath and buried her claws in her side.

"Mmn... has to be a smoother way to do this. Maybe I'll figure that out when this is all said and done." Fresh blood drawn to be offered, the golden-eyed woman smeared it on her hands before beginning to draw a latticework of runes on the surface of Vocado itself.

"I'll do what I can to clear a path, and my friends are surely doing the same. You focus on stopping the Priestesses... or at the very least grabbing one for questioning."

Leaving Nei K'lot to it, Inanna began chanting.

"I offer this blood, in my hour of need..."

OT: Inanna is attempting to repeat the effects of the Aper's Riposte that freed Nei K'lot, through the use of Blood Magic... on a much larger scale. I leave the spell's effectiveness in the hands of Cleric.
    Hmm.......

How practiced is she with Blood Magic and how much oomph is she putting into this?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT:

Apologies!

IC:

The Knight Lantro is facing looks rough, but with a sudden blur of speed, backhands Lantro and then blasts off towards the retreating Threshlings as if called.
    Lantro rolled backwards, tumbling into a dilapidated building and catching himself only by grabbing onto some cracked rebar.

"Huh..." Lantro rubbed some blood from his jaw. "Good game," he admitted shaking his head. "Score was closer than I thought it'd be, though."

He let go of the rubble, on the lookout for anything else he could come in with an assist for, if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh well," Dash looked over at the GP Officer, "Hey Blizzar, ah guess these two are all yours. Ah'd really have'd like to know what they were up to, can't have anyone messin with Jinzi an all. Ah ain't no good at interrogation. Figure you'll have to squeze it out of them the hard way." Speaking clear enough for the Threshlings to hear.
    Turning to look for Adam, "Hey, metal man." Dash called out, "Did they say anythin to you 'bout what the heck is goin on? Other than lookin for Jinzi an messing up his place?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hmm.......

How practiced is she with Blood Magic and how much oomph is she putting into this?
    OT: She did reverse engineer Auroc's gate in the middle of a zombie fight; and that was several years ago (and many powerups ago) in-game. So I wouldn't go so far to say she's the best Blood Mage in DBM; but I'd definitely say Top 5. Oomph wise, she's put a pretty large hole in her side so assume 50% of her power at minimum.

Arx Inosaan

He seems very, very dead.

Tch, that Pinach got himself injured. Talented as they were, kids were still kids... but at the very least, they had the good sense to retreat now. Still, this battle would be an excellent learning experience for them. Tasure made a mental note to keep better track of their progress in the future, and then set off towards the portal...

...but not before pocketing both of the Knight's knives. She wasn't one for, ahem, grave-robbing, but a pair of energy-draining knives could come in handy. And if not, she could just hand 'em off to Toto or Bekon.

She stared at the portal for a moment, then raised her hand. A hollow spherical Diamond Scale formed, and then after a moment, it shot from her hand, racing towards the portal and enveloping it. Most of the small fry wouldn't have anywhere near the oomph to get through it, even together, she figured. The bronzes and especially silvers would eventually do so, but...

Drawing her new knives, she made a charge at one of the weaker threshlings and unleashed a flurry of knife strikes, just to test whether or not she could make use of the energy-draining properties of these things. If she could, then it would be as easy as simply slaughtering as many of these fucks as possible and using their energy to reinforce her barrier.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

The captured Knight and Priestess in the Geofront both regain consciousness.
    "Greetings..." Shōchū said to the knight, crouching down to achieve a sort of eye-to-eye level to him, her eyes, clearly no longer human due to the cross-hair like lines that intersected at her pupils, scanning the threshling, "Is there anything you wish to say? I understand some can be honor-bound and not wish to betray their comrades, but you are on the losing end of this conflict."

The closest is maybe only a minute or so away. After a bit of confusion and oddness at the large frog person carrying a bloody human form, Wilhelm is admitted and is stabilized.
    Praxat then heads back to Capsule Corp and starts working on doing repairs.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-09-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel