Page 233 of 371 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It nods.

“How very true. Nevadian, yes? Held’s replacement it seems.”
    "Held's replacement?"

The old soldier allowed himself a chuckle. "Not at all... that boy is quite irreplaceable. He's simply... attending to business elsewhere."

So, judging from what this frost demon had just said, and the familiarity he had with these Earthlings, this must have been Koorimaru, if not in flesh, then in spirit. How... unexpected. There were a few techniques he knew of that could achieve such a feat... the body change among them, though there was the ovoid mind transfer.

"I see... you must be Koorimaru," said Voyavoda. "Yes... the infamous Frost Demon 'technique hunter', if I'm not mistaken. Did one of those jealously hoarded techniques of yours allow you to transfer your essence to this new body, or did you achieve it through some other means?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Held's replacement?"

The old soldier allowed himself a chuckle. "Not at all... that boy is quite irreplaceable. He's simply... attending to business elsewhere."

So, judging from what this frost demon had just said, and the familiarity he had with these Earthlings, this must have been Koorimaru, if not in flesh, then in spirit. How... unexpected. There were a few techniques he knew of that could achieve such a feat... the body change among them, though there was the ovoid mind transfer.

"I see... you must be Koorimaru," said Voyavoda. "Yes... the infamous Frost Demon 'technique hunter', if I'm not mistaken. Did one of those jealously hoarded techniques of yours allow you to transfer your essence to this new body, or did you achieve it through some other means?"
    “I’m honored you know me. Indeed, a very special technique did in fact transfer my soul to this form. A pity it’s in its brutish second stage, but we cannot be too choosy. Not many Arcosians left after all.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“Body jumping. You’ve gone through your own type, you understand.”
    "Touche, but that's not what I meant," He replied.

“The amulet for one. It attempted to subsume me after granting such power.....I will be no one’s slave. For two, the creature who slew me. Someone powerful enough to put a bullet through the back of my head is dangerous. Especially since they found me when I was specifically hiding. For three...your less understanding allies. While I am powerful enough without the amulet to fight them, I would rather not. They are.......not as willing to talk as you, my dear friend.”
    What he had meant, was the why? portion of questioning, but Koorimaru immediately would answer that. While he could only imagine the whole amulet bit, he did understand a the bit about hostile allies.

"So what's your goal in all of this now?"

“I know Night well. Pity you won’t know him any longer.”

She who Stalks is suddenly there. Not her full presence, as she is bound, but a solid projection of terrific power, manifesting through Shadowjack.

Her power beats on the air, and Inanna realizes she has made a mistake. Hakai oozes off her, and for a heartbeat, that power starts to turn on Inanna and Parsley.

And than a short, green skinned goblin man appears.

The two gods, each of Universe 16 look at each other, and Caliban’s teeth grit.

“What the bollicking frak wad piece of gutter trash traitor garbage smelly rot bunch of bloody twats are you doing! You summoned her! Idiots!!”

Pure Creational energy rips through the room and washes over Inanna and Parsley, driving away the Hakai cloud surrounding them like a wave at the beach washes sand away.

Caliban suddenly seems...bigger, more imposing as he sends a look at Shadowjack and the cringing She Who Stalks projection.

“Begins! Begone! Filthy crust fiend! Ghang far ya qfantt jis toss a.......” he rants off in Goblin, his power building until the the two suddenly pop away and are gone, the amulet falling to the ground.

Caliban whirls on Inanna and Parsley, glaring., power flicking in his eyes.

“Stupid missy, and not part of the deal. And you.”

He points at Inanna.

“Stupid Miss. Very dumb. She would have eaten you alive.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I know Night well. Pity you won’t know him any longer.”

She who Stalks is suddenly there. Not her full presence, as she is bound, but a solid projection of terrific power, manifesting through Shadowjack.

Her power beats on the air, and Inanna realizes she has made a mistake. Hakai oozes off her, and for a heartbeat, that power starts to turn on Inanna and Parsley.
    She Who Stalks knew who and what Night was, delightful.

Of course, surviving the next few minutes was perhaps a bit much to ask, as the Demon manifested- partially- corporeally only to begin literally bleeding Hakai from her pores like some kind of leaky ship. "Well there's a trick~"

As it washed over the two, Inanna made ready to open the capsule she held...

And than a short, green skinned goblin man appears.

The two gods, each of Universe 16 look at each other, and Caliban’s teeth grit.

“What the bollicking frak wad piece of gutter trash traitor garbage smelly rot bunch of bloody twats are you doing! You summoned her! Idiots!!”

Pure Creational energy rips through the room and washes over Inanna and Parsley, driving away the Hakai cloud surrounding them like a wave at the beach washes sand away.

Caliban suddenly seems...bigger, more imposing as he sends a look at Shadowjack and the cringing She Who Stalks projection.

“Begins! Begone! Filthy crust fiend! Ghang far ya qfantt jis toss a.......” he rants off in Goblin, his power building until the the two suddenly pop away and are gone, the amulet falling to the ground.

Caliban whirls on Inanna and Parsley, glaring., power flicking in his eyes.

“Stupid missy, and not part of the deal. And you.”
    Only for the stumpiest little critter she ever did see, to appear and beat back their assailant. Creational energy filling the cavern and beating back the aura of Hakai; and forcing the Demoness to retreat back to whatever hovel it was she'd crawled from; and on this day Inanna realized she'd perhaps pushed a little too hard. Though his initial anger seemed to be focused in the wrong direction.

"Oi, not her fault. Little Green Man. Mine."

He points at Inanna.

“Stupid Miss. Very dumb. She would have eaten you alive.”
    "Better." Inanna stowed the capsule she held quickly, catching the flak sent her way with a grin. "I'd agree it was dumb... horribly, terribly dumb. Got what I needed out of her, at any rate; and a little more besides." There was a pause as she waited for Parsley to scoop up the Amulet. "...To say noting of drawing her out of hiding and getting her measure. Something terribly important for what I plan to do next. Though I suppose you wouldn't know much about that, would you?"

Inanna held out her hand for Caliban to shake.

"Inanna, Transcendent Abomination and Cosmic Janitor... at your service."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley stood, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. Her mind was currently in the process of... well, processing what the hell just happened in the span of a little less than a minute. The true She Who Stalks appeared in all her bound splendor. Parsley couldn't determine whether what she was projecting was her full power, but she was leaning toward it being a lessened version of it, with the full breadth being locked away by the God of Gods.

Before Parsley could react to her presence, she found herself surrounded by Hakai. Her eyes widened as images of the presumed scene that unfolded on Mars years ago prior to Jagam's arrival between Asha'rah and Sarada unfolded in her mind. The foolish God of Creation using her pilfered Hakai to "embolden" Sarada's fighting spirit in the midst of a no-stakes training session proved to be only the latest, at the time, in a long line of idiotic decisions. This, on the other hand, was a deliberate attempt by She Who Stalks to rid herself of two pests.

Again, before Parsley could even begin thinking about a way out, Caliban arrived. Just as soon as he arrived, he banished both the fallen God and her slave to parts unknown; possibly back to Universe 16.

Freed from the absolute destructive power, Parsley was free to bring herself up to speed. She sighed and rubbed her temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Better." Inanna stowed the capsule she held quickly, catching the flak sent her way with a grin. "I'd agree it was dumb... horribly, terribly dumb. Got what I needed out of her, at any rate; and a little more besides." There was a pause as she waited for Parsley to scoop up the Amulet. "...To say noting of drawing her out of hiding and getting her measure. Something terribly important for what I plan to do next. Though I suppose you wouldn't know much about that, would you?"

Inanna held out her hand for Caliban to shake.

"Inanna, Transcendent Abomination and Cosmic Janitor... at your service."
    The amulet was on the ground, right there for the taking. She cautiously approached it. Experience with those possessed items gave her a measure of apprehension about handling them with her own person. The last thing she wanted was to fall under a freshly awoken Remnant's sway simply because she wanted to pick it up and put it in her pocket.

Perfect Intuition: Aura of Invincibility

A green force field appeared around the amulet, allowing Parsley to pick up that safely. She then placed it inside a capsule.

"Caliban, you have my sincerest thanks. Things very nearly got out of hand." 'Out of hand' was an understatement.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Touche, but that's not what I meant," He replied.

What he had meant, was the why? portion of questioning, but Koorimaru immediately would answer that. While he could only imagine the whole amulet bit, he did understand a the bit about hostile allies.

He shrugs.

“As always, survival. And survival means....having friends.”

He pauses, then chuckles.

“Beginning with a sign of good faith. Thus Maiz returned, hale and whole.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Out of hand, she says. Bah, Miss is not understanding. And you, Janitor, .......”

He eyes Inanna’s hand, then carefully reaches out and shakes.

“Caliban, retired God of Creation.”

His power fades back away, and he carefully touches his heart, grimacing a bit. He summons a chair and sits down, a pipe appearing in his hands. He looks....pained. And tired.

“So, you summon two gods to see what happens often, Missy? Janitor Inanna? A bold and unwise choice.”

He puffs on his pipe, looking a bit better but still.....weak. As if banishing She Who Stalks and Shadowjack took a fair bit out of him.

“Had a plan do you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Held's replacement?"

“I’m honored you know me. Indeed, a very special technique did in fact transfer my soul to this form. A pity it’s in its brutish second stage, but we cannot be too choosy. Not many Arcosians left after all.”
    Koorimaru in his black mask began to parlay with Voyavoda, and Ochazuke, for the moment, listened. The body was as unfamiliar a sight to him - even from one Arcosian to the next, he'd never seen one quite of this height and bedeviled shape - but from what little he had gleaned from his earlier parlay, it was not difficult to parse how this came to be.

Not only did Koorimaru's own words confirmed it, but his crude appraisal of the Nevadian mercenary gave away something else, as Ochazuke silently probed the depths of this technique of soul transferred to new body.

At the very least the Guardian is unharmed. Resting Maiz's head against his shoulder, he tilt her away from her captor as he pivot back.

One foot slid forward, a hand loosed, hidden beneath his cloak. If they had to fight their way out of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

He shrugs.

“As always, survival. And survival means....having friends.”

He pauses, then chuckles.

“Beginning with a sign of good faith. Thus Maiz returned, hale and whole.”
    "Friends?"

One glance at the body of Koorimaru's former underling was enough to raise cynicism, but the cold, slimy pretensions about comradery filled him with disgust drawn from a years-long grudge.

"If this is what you would do to a loyal kinsman, your integrity is less than impeccable, regardless of circumstance."

Good faith?

"Cheh. Talk," he said. "How many others like this one are there?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Koorimaru in his black mask began to parlay with Voyavoda, and Ochazuke, for the moment, listened. The body was as unfamiliar a sight to him - even from one Arcosian to the next, he'd never seen one quite of this height and bedeviled shape - but from what little he had gleaned from his earlier parlay, it was not difficult to parse how this came to be.

Not only did Koorimaru's own words confirmed it, but his crude appraisal of the Nevadian mercenary gave away something else, as Ochazuke silently probed the depths of this technique of soul transferred to new body.

At the very least the Guardian is unharmed. Resting Maiz's head against his shoulder, he tilt her away from her captor as he pivot back.

One foot slid forward, a hand loosed, hidden beneath his cloak. If they had to fight their way out of this...

"Friends?"

One glance at the body of Koorimaru's former underling was enough to raise cynicism, but the cold, slimy pretensions about comradery filled him with disgust drawn from a years-long grudge.

"If this is what you would do to a loyal kinsman, your integrity is less than impeccable, regardless of circumstance."

Good faith?

"Cheh. Talk," he said. "How many others like this one are there?"
    “Bah, loyal kinsman indeed. Don’t let that coward and thief Blizzar fool you, Ochazuke. My people are born and breed to be survivalists, keen of mind and suspicious. It comes from being naturally more powerful than damn near any other race. Loyalty is few and far between, usually shared only between the nearest of family and even then it’s not uncommon to find treachery afoot.”

He shrugs.

“The prior inhabitant would have slaughtered me wholesale given the chance. The amulet would have been too tempting, and even without that my power would have been seen as a challenge, and Arcosians are not fond of rivals. Especially not when so few remain now.”

You seem to get the impression of a smirk.

“As to how many......enough. Enough that any possible betrayal and death will be subverted to another.....host. Insurance, and all that. But let us talk of more pleasant things, yes? I wish an alliance: a secretive one, of course, since I would prefer the fewest possible know of my survival.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ochazuke, that is Koorinaru’s soul in the form. No lingering sense of another can be found.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Out of hand, she says. Bah, Miss is not understanding. And you, Janitor, .......”

He eyes Inanna’s hand, then carefully reaches out and shakes.

“Caliban, retired God of Creation.”

His power fades back away, and he carefully touches his heart, grimacing a bit. He summons a chair and sits down, a pipe appearing in his hands. He looks....pained. And tired.

“So, you summon two gods to see what happens often, Missy? Janitor Inanna? A bold and unwise choice.”

He puffs on his pipe, looking a bit better but still.....weak. As if banishing She Who Stalks and Shadowjack took a fair bit out of him.

“Had a plan do you?”
    "I usually do it on my lonesome," Inanna replied. "Parsley's inclusion at this point however is a necessity. As I suspect your use of former glory to be."

Problematic, certainly.

"As for a plan, the beginnings of one. Though I'll admit I had expected you two to be on... better terms." Another problem, certainly. "Apologies there, unfortunately I've been set to a task with next to no information; and have had to fight kicking and screaming for what little I've managed."

Inanna sighed.

"Frankly. I'm getting sick of being a mouse. Only so much skittering one can do."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I usually do it on my lonesome," Inanna replied. "Parsley's inclusion at this point however is a necessity. As I suspect your use of former glory to be."

Problematic, certainly.

"As for a plan, the beginnings of one. Though I'll admit I had expected you two to be on... better terms." Another problem, certainly. "Apologies there, unfortunately I've been set to a task with next to no information; and have had to fight kicking and screaming for what little I've managed."

Inanna sighed.

"Frankly. I'm getting sick of being a mouse. Only so much skittering one can do."
    He puffs and nods.

“Understandable, I suppose. Used to be on...neutral terms, at least. After I was allowed to retire, She Who Stalks was also offered the same choice. She....did not appreciate having her power curtailed in any way. So I bound her to Universe 16. She can’t properly leave, and can barely manage to appear through one of her agents if she really, really tries.”

He looks at Inanna.

“So, Miss Janitor: what’s your plan than?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He puffs and nods.

“Understandable, I suppose. Used to be on...neutral terms, at least. After I was allowed to retire, She Who Stalks was also offered the same choice. She....did not appreciate having her power curtailed in any way. So I bound her to Universe 16. She can’t properly leave, and can barely manage to appear through one of her agents if she really, really tries.”

He looks at Inanna.

“So, Miss Janitor: what’s your plan than?”
    Inanna shrugged. "Plan? Simple. I'm going to do what any respectable GoD should have done banishment or no: their fucking job."

The woman sighed.

"Look at Universes. Rife with megalomaniacal despots seeking to subjugate some planet or other. Or in the case of some, subjugate the multiverse and reshape it in their image; in a complete mockery of the power structure designed to prevent such idiocy." The woman was letting her annoyance... no, anger, show.

"But the worst part is. There are still some Gods left, in our sealed universes. They could have helped prevent the fucking mess I'm now having to deal with... they should have. It was their job! But no! By and large they're the same kind of megalomaniacal nut jobs that I've been fighting tooth and nail for the better part of a decade now. She Who Stalks just fucking proved that! And worse still, she, Hammer, Stine, any of the other bastards. They're the same kind of nut job that stripped me of my freedom. Made me a prisoner in my own goddamn body for... f-"

Inanna stopped short, and took a deep breath.

No sense loosing her **** at Caliban, he wasn't, from what she could tell, culpable... and with effort the woman reigned herself in. Though the anger still simmered in her eyes.

"... I'll burn it all down if I have to."

Arx Inosaan

Inanna shrugged. "Plan? Simple. I'm going to do what any respectable GoD should have done banishment or no: their fucking job."

The woman sighed.

"Look at Universes. Rife with megalomaniacal despots seeking to subjugate some planet or other. Or in the case of some, subjugate the multiverse and reshape it in their image; in a complete mockery of the power structure designed to prevent such idiocy." The woman was letting her annoyance... no, anger, show.

"But the worst part is. There are still some Gods left, in our sealed universes. They could have helped prevent the fucking mess I'm now having to deal with... they should have. It was their job! But no! By and large they're the same kind of megalomaniacal nut jobs that I've been fighting tooth and nail for the better part of a decade now. She Who Stalks just fucking proved that! And worse still, she, Hammer, Stine, any of the other bastards. They're the same kind of nut job that stripped me of my freedom. Made me a prisoner in my own goddamn body for... f-"

Inanna stopped short, and took a deep breath.

No sense loosing her **** at Caliban, he wasn't, from what she could tell, culpable... and with effort the woman reigned herself in. Though the anger still simmered in her eyes.

"... I'll burn it all down if I have to."
    He watches her, eyes dark as he puffs on his pipe. After she finishes, he nods slowly, leaning back in his chair and looking her dead in the eyes.

“Right, right. Not very fair. Some dropped the ball, some just got too tired. And some did their job and left the clean up behind, not their responsibility. Most of the Gods of Destruction.....were too volatile without a more balancing force. Apologies, Janitor. Seems quite a mess. Sakin, that puddle of crap and gas, has been a real thorn, huh?”

He puffs , then nods once to himself.

“Well, how can I help? I can’t stay forever, and I’m getting old so I don’t know how useful I’ll be, but I’m willing to lend a hand.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM