Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
Dash was nearby the whole time, listening, "And if she had stepped in, what then? Do you truly wish for a universe where those with power take care of you like a child? Would that not have made her more like Auroc? Enslaving all of us by becoming dependent on her to solve all of our problems? Asha'rah tried something like that and look where it got her. An yeah, Meagan and Cyanna had both talked ot her about it once before, an ah learned it from them."
"Asha'rah? Really? I think you're being rather hyperbolic" Zaofan replied calmly. "But I don't know Dash, you tell me. You were dependent on her to solve your problems. How far did that take you?"

"And I get the feeling this wasn't exactly out of the goodness of her heart, was it? The first time I met Meagan, she was on Earth. That's quite a distance from Chroma where her heart was."

In the end, they happened to chance by, and it was Erosa who fired the final shot. Assuredly it must have been peaceful, if busy lately. Wonder what Meagan's doing now it's been far too long.

"I don't know why you would sign your friend up for something like this, Dash. You said it yourself, why are you dependent on her, someone who won't show up when asked, when you yourself could help Praxat grow?"

And with that, he turned back to the actual core of the matter. Praxat was being stalked by someone who seemed to be doing this for the ego of it.

"I'm not going to lie to you, Praxat. If even Althena doesn't know about Zawk and Vion, then they're probably not going to come back. But training yourself to fit into a mould of something that doesn't exist...that's not going to help you improve, that's just a limitation."

"Heck you're already on the right path. Wonder! Doubt! Experiment with what works and what doesn't! It's not like you fight the same way as Althena, anyways, right? So you take the principles and make them your own, that is the true essence of martial arts."

"The fact of the matter is, people do a lot of crazy things in order to get stronger. There's no shortcuts, whether that's sacrificing others, bloodletting, and signing contracts without reading the fine print. Sure you'll get something in the short term, but consider this."

"What will you ultimately learn from them that you can't already get from focusing and working hard at it?"